*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

20 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I've just had a feeling of déja-vu all over again. You posted the same thing about 24 hours ago.

That was my other self.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

12 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Nope

I've met him a few times and i think he's a bit of a prick to be honest and if you are to believe rumours he's no liked amongst the young players also 

End of story. Full stop 

Daly? I've met him a few times and he came across a right prick tbh as well.

I'm never someone itk or anything like that but I have heard from someone that knows MacPhee that MacPhee doesn't like Daly or his outlook on training / tactics. 

I have heard that Kirk and MacPhee get on though and I wouldn't be surprised to see that as our next set up if CL goes / moves back to DOF.

Hampden Demolition
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

If she’s not going to come out and question the manager then she needs to say nothing at all. Quite frankly, that statement is embarrassing. She also seems to be interested in what Hibs are doing - who give a flying ****. Her full focus should be on us and how we can improve but she is treating Hearts and Hibs like we are a partnership and it needs to stop.

Edited by Hampden Demolition

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

But we are only four games into the season, I have not given up hope yet. I should probably say: watch this space. I am confident both Edinburgh clubs will be fighting for a spot in Europe at the end of the season.”

What a ******* embarrassment she is at times.

Good she hasn’t given up hope that hearts and hibs could challenge for Europe. 

If only she was in a position to give hearts a greater chance of doing so.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Hampden Demolition said:

If she’s not going to come out and question the manager then she needs to say nothing at all. Quite frankly, that statement is embarrassing. She also seems to be interested in what Hibs are doing - who give a flying ****. Her full focus should be on us and how we can prove but she is treating Hearts and Hibs like we are a partnership and it needs to stop.

Is her brother not a Hibs fan? I was told by someone who worked for him that he goes about saying she was one as a youth. 

I wouldn’t mind having a bet on the two teams competing for Europe. 

She obviously listens to Levein and this it’s only 4 games nonsense, it’s 9 and we’ve only played well in one of them (no pun intended).

Hampden Demolition
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is her brother not a Hibs fan? I was told by someone who worked for him that he goes about saying she was one as a youth. 

I wouldn’t mind having a bet on the two teams competing for Europe. 

She obviously listens to Levein and this it’s only 4 games nonsense, it’s 9 and we’ve only played well in one of them (no pun intended).

Might only be 4 league games into this season but our form since November makes us genuine relegation candidates.

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I'm never someone itk or anything like that but I have heard from someone that knows MacPhee that MacPhee doesn't like Daly or his outlook on training / tactics. 

I have heard that Kirk and MacPhee get on though and I wouldn't be surprised to see that as our next set up if CL goes / moves back to DOF.

Sounds about right, remember him absolutely slating us when he was at the new club. 

Looks like there’s quite a division in our coaching set up, probably leading to mixed messages to the players and leading to poor performances.

27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But we are only four games into the season, I have not given up hope yet. I should probably say: watch this space. I am confident both Edinburgh clubs will be fighting for a spot in Europe at the end of the season.”

What a ******* embarrassment she is at times.

Why on Earth is she talking about what Hibs will achieve?

Mind boggling.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Might only be 4 league games into this season but our form since November makes us genuine relegation candidates.

Absolutely, the manager himself has said he has no idea how to stop the rot and presumably his coaching staff don’t either. His job is done, his time is up, leave now with a modicum of pride and respect or ruin any goodwill from the fans he has left.

16 hours ago, OTT said:

This is a really informative video on what a Director of Football is supposed to do and IMO gives us criteria to measure against.

1. To ensure continuity and sustainability creation and implementation of a long term strategy

2. To protect the clubs short term financial sustainability through the prevention of squad overhauls during managerial change

3. To oversee the various aspects of the footballing department (Sports science, academy, scouting etc)

4. To create and implement a philosophy on how football will be played at the club

- There may be more, but those are what I took from the video (feel free to add)

I'm really not sure how effective Levein is doing this tbh. Looking specifically at points 1 & 2 we can see how categorically he's failed in this regard. 70 separate players in his tenure as DOF resulting from numerous squad overhauls. Neilson's overhaul after promotion, Cathros overhaul, Leveins overhaul to fix Cathros mess.. There has been little continuity on this side whatsoever. Managers should be recruited to suit Leveins style of player, if Cathro was similar to Neilson there wouldn't have needed to have been a squad overhaul and likewise if Levein was similar to Cathro he'd not needed to have changed the squad. The managers in both cases have clearly been given too much freedom (IMO) with recruitment. The style of play should suit the academy grads as clearly that is why we have invested £4m since Levein took control - to promote the kids, so why, pray tell, are we not recruiting players who can play as the academy kids do? IMO Andy Irving has shown more mettle in his handful of games than the likes of Kenny Anderson. Bozanic, Martin, Lee... the list goes on. 

Budge herself has said how disorganised Levein is, which is hugely worrying for someone who is running the most central department the club has..

Perhaps someone like FF who follows the youth teams can answer this but there is a consistent style of play to how the kids play, right? Thats why we brought in Box Soccer?  Thats why when Hickey got sent off, posters were saying Levein wouldn't be too angry because the academy kids are instructed to be aggressive in their pursuit of winning the ball back. So why do we have ball playing kids coming through, yet we insist on playing long bangers most games? It actually makes my head hurt. The kids we have coming through are good and can play football, yet the style of play isn't suited to them. I don't understand, can he not get the senior players? 

I think the clearest question with regards to philosphy is what style are we trying to go for? Possession based? Pressing? Counter attacking? - Winning isn't a style and its a wishy washy non-answer. What way are we trying to play?

I'm genuinely not trying to trash the guy. He's brought us back from the state vlad left us in, but I'm starting to wonder if he's taken us as far as he can and its maybe time for him to step back and help pick a new DOF.

Good post..........  The cartoon DOF bears a eerie resemblence to Craig :)

26 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

We will be no where near a European space. Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs will be above us come the season end.

Only saw the highlights of their 3-0 stuffing at Motherwell and they looked terrible.

Good news of course. Above us ?

Not so sure about that !

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, OTT said:

This is a really informative video on what a Director of Football is supposed to do and IMO gives us criteria to measure against.

1. To ensure continuity and sustainability creation and implementation of a long term strategy

2. To protect the clubs short term financial sustainability through the prevention of squad overhauls during managerial change

3. To oversee the various aspects of the footballing department (Sports science, academy, scouting etc)

4. To create and implement a philosophy on how football will be played at the club

- There may be more, but those are what I took from the video (feel free to add)

I'm really not sure how effective Levein is doing this tbh. Looking specifically at points 1 & 2 we can see how categorically he's failed in this regard. 70 separate players in his tenure as DOF resulting from numerous squad overhauls. Neilson's overhaul after promotion, Cathros overhaul, Leveins overhaul to fix Cathros mess.. There has been little continuity on this side whatsoever. Managers should be recruited to suit Leveins style of player, if Cathro was similar to Neilson there wouldn't have needed to have been a squad overhaul and likewise if Levein was similar to Cathro he'd not needed to have changed the squad. The managers in both cases have clearly been given too much freedom (IMO) with recruitment. The style of play should suit the academy grads as clearly that is why we have invested £4m since Levein took control - to promote the kids, so why, pray tell, are we not recruiting players who can play as the academy kids do? IMO Andy Irving has shown more mettle in his handful of games than the likes of Kenny Anderson. Bozanic, Martin, Lee... the list goes on. 

Budge herself has said how disorganised Levein is, which is hugely worrying for someone who is running the most central department the club has..

Perhaps someone like FF who follows the youth teams can answer this but there is a consistent style of play to how the kids play, right? Thats why we brought in Box Soccer?  Thats why when Hickey got sent off, posters were saying Levein wouldn't be too angry because the academy kids are instructed to be aggressive in their pursuit of winning the ball back. So why do we have ball playing kids coming through, yet we insist on playing long bangers most games? It actually makes my head hurt. The kids we have coming through are good and can play football, yet the style of play isn't suited to them. I don't understand, can he not get the senior players? 

I think the clearest question with regards to philosphy is what style are we trying to go for? Possession based? Pressing? Counter attacking? - Winning isn't a style and its a wishy washy non-answer. What way are we trying to play?

I'm genuinely not trying to trash the guy. He's brought us back from the state vlad left us in, but I'm starting to wonder if he's taken us as far as he can and its maybe time for him to step back and help pick a new DOF.

Great post, he has taken us as far as he can.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Only saw the highlights of their 3-0 stuffing at Motherwell and they looked terrible.

Good news of course. Above us ?

Not so sure about that !

It should’ve been ten 😃

37 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

If she’s not going to come out and question the manager then she needs to say nothing at all. Quite frankly, that statement is embarrassing. She also seems to be interested in what Hibs are doing - who give a flying ****. Her full focus should be on us and how we can improve but she is treating Hearts and Hibs like we are a partnership and it needs to stop.

33 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

We will be no where near a European space. Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs will be above us come the season end.

Has a go at Ann Budge for mentioning Hibs and then posts the above.  :facepalm: 

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Pretty sure he isn’t the owner of Hearts to be fair.

Hampden Demolition

Didn’t realise I was the CEO of Heart of Midlothian. That is my opinion but I’m not mouthing off to the media about them.

I would expect Hibs to pull the trigger on Heckingbottom before we do on Levein.

5 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Pretty sure he isn’t the owner of Hearts to be fair.

No but he still said "who gives a flying ***" and then went on to post about how they will finish above us. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

article doesn't mention the question - perhaps, just maybe perhaps it was worded as 'Can you explain the poor start of the season the Edinburgh Clubs have had?'

Just throwing it out there...

5 hours ago, Haken said:

Well, you've not always been the most accurate with rumours over your time here.  Pinch of salt stuff.

"End of story.  Full stop" :qqb006:

Never said i was. You've imagined a scenario/assumption in your head and acted on it. I simply corrected you in it. Take it on the chin 👍 

The End. 

Hampden Demolition

No but he still said "who gives a flying ***" and then went on to post about how they will finish above us. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I was referencing clubs I expect to finish above Hearts, one of which happens to be Hibs. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It's now over 90 per cent that think Levein should not be in the dug out as our manager. 

With only just over 1000 votes in total. Survey only relates to those  active on KB which is clearly tiny. 

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

With only just over 1000 votes in total. Survey only relates to those  active on KB which is clearly tiny. 

It's still a high percentage and it wasn't a tiny number venting their anger last Saturday at 4.45pm.

49 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

is 1000 not the number they ask for polls in elections?

1000 is a decent number to gauge the support amongst a relatively small fan base. 

54 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Anne Budge.

Ann.

It's been 5 years. Not that difficult to get her name correct.

4 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Who cares about Hibs?

Me. I'll be gutted if we finish below them again. I'll also be a bit miffed if we're not top 4 at the end of the season.

5 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Delusional nonsense. She's doing a wonderful job off the pitch but needs to bring someone in to manage the football side of the business and the press when talking about the football side.

5 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Not sure iv ever mentioned it but can’t stand Daly as a person and definately not as a coach i don’t think he brings anything at all to his role

4 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I was referencing clubs I expect to finish above Hearts, one of which happens to be Hibs. 

What makes you think there is anything about Hibs that means they will finish above us?

3 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

😂😂

Pocket typed there 

Aye aye shifting the hand carefully on the tram to avoid suspicion after catching sight of a buxom young lady were ya?

As for Ann spelling her name wrong after 5years just shows the sheer lack of respect the poster has for her. Says it all really.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aye aye shifting the hand carefully on the tram to avoid suspicion after catching sight of a buxom young lady were ya?

As for Ann spelling her name wrong after 5years just shows the sheer lack of respect the poster has for her. Says it all really.

Anne Budg?

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sounds about right, remember him absolutely slating us when he was at the new club. 

Looks like there’s quite a division in our coaching set up, probably leading to mixed messages to the players and leading to poor performances.

If only we had someone who was responsible for overseeing the coaches.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

:naughty:

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Not sure iv ever mentioned it but can’t stand Daly as a person and definately not as a coach i don’t think he brings anything at all to his role

I don't either tbh

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

If only we had someone who was responsible for overseeing the coaches.

No wonder they’re hopeless 

Willie Millar saying many Managers will not work with a director of Football......

Does not know if Hibs or Hearts are in more trouble...

5 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Willie Millar saying many Managers will not work with a director of Football......

That shows how out of touch he is I guess. As everyone knows from my comments on here im not a Miller fan as a person nor a pundit side. Lots of clubs have DoFs. I think it was on here someone posted a quote from someone down south saying older British managers may not work with DoFs as its not how they see things but younger coaches and foreign coaches do because its the norm. Seems a fair comment as many clubs have them , the difference being many clubs don’t have someone as divisive or as known about as CL so it gets overlooked or forgotten.  

1 minute ago, sadj said:

That shows how out of touch he is I guess. As everyone knows from my comments on here im not a Miller fan as a person nor a pundit side. Lots of clubs have DoFs. I think it was on here someone posted a quote from someone down south saying older British managers may not work with DoFs as its not how they see things but younger coaches and foreign coaches do because its the norm. Seems a fair comment as many clubs have them , the difference being many clubs don’t have someone as divisive or as known about as CL so it gets overlooked or forgotten.  

Agree.  Craigs high profile, may be the problem.  Being Hearts Manager should be a dream job for an ambitious guy.

3 hours ago, hueyview said:

Thats absolutely fine. 

Don't bother giving them the job. Let them keep managing Montrose, St Mirren and other diddies.

I think the merits of a DOF in the modern game given the complete lack of loyalty from managers, coaches makes a lot of sense. Whether we have the right man is another question.

The DOF role should be viewed as an aid to the manager. A guy to help ensure success, this backward fear ****witts like Millar are trying to push is utterly ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, hueyview said:

If only he’d had someone to turn to for advice when he was failing as a restaurateur and racking up hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of debt. Debt that his creditors never seen again.

Thick as shite and a horrible **** to boot.

**** Willie Miller.

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thats absolutely fine. 

Don't bother giving them the job. Let them keep managing Montrose, St Mirren and other diddies.

I think the merits of a DOF in the modern game given the complete lack of loyalty from managers, coaches makes a lot of sense. Whether we have the right man is another question.

The DOF role should be viewed as an aid to the manager. A guy to help ensure success, this backward fear ****witts like Millar are trying to push is utterly ridiculous. 

This

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

If only he’d had someone to turn to for advice when he was failing as a restaurateur and racking up hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of debt. Debt that his creditors never seen again.

Thick as shite and a horrible **** to boot.

**** Willie Miller.

And this if you add sleazy prick to the list

Willie Miller, like Pat Bonner is a horrible pundit and an arse to go with it. I'll give it to him though. He was a brilliant defender. Faithful.to his club as well. Great servant to Scotland.