*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

Sums up the entire Levein In/out debate that a fair number in here have said they would take Gary Locke instead of Craig Levein for the rest of the season or as interim. Some have even suggested he gets the job full-time. Is that really the level of people’s ambition? And can anyone really see us being successful with Gary as head coach ? Great guy, loves the club, loved by the fans but head coach? Surely not? 

After reading these posts Mrs Budge probably thinks she has the right man in charge if the fans best alternative is Gary Locke. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Is that the level of ambition? Gary Locke? 

Craig Levein’s future is going to be determined over the next 3 games. Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen are must wins if he’s going to survive. Anything else and the vitriol will become impossible for Ann to ignore. 

I said caretaker and not long term. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Craig Levein’s future is going to be determined over the next 3 games. Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen are must wins if he’s going to survive. Anything else and the vitriol will become impossible for Ann to ignore. 

Not Locke ffs.

Back in the real world would three unlikely results make the slightest bit of difference? He uses the same tactics constantly even though no matter what formation or players he picks can make it work, it’s time for a change.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would be delighted if Locke took over till the end of the season but it won't be happening.

Levein appears to be the absolute definition of stubborn.  Won't be leaving until at least the takeover and that's 6 months away.

Just utterly depressing.

Locke! 

Ffs

Can you seriously Imagine Gary Locke managing guys like Naismith, Whelan Etc. 

Gary is Hearts through and through but he's no manager. 

Mcann

Locke 

Even Robbo and Sergio 

Jesus ****ing hell.

Pretty sure sol Campbell was mentioned as well. 

Jesus ****ing hell. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Agree 100%

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Simples.

I know quite a lot of Jambos, through work and family  and not one of them wants him to stay as manager. Not sure where this alleged silent minority are hiding.

I’m not sure anyone is saying that. Though I’d argue that in recent times jkb views don’t accurately reflect the overall Hearts support views. Nielsen’s demise and season ticket sales support that view. 

Certainly on here it’s a near 100% vote for him to step down as first team manager. Still a majority on here who would want him to continue in some sort of DoF or Sporting Director role. 

Being almost 70, my thoughts revolve around the fact that all of my family back to my Grandfather were Hearts supporters. Like a lot Jambos,  I have bought season tickets and contributed to FOH to save the club that we all love. It’s that determination that I think CL takes advantage of. None of us want to see Hearts decline but I’ve come to the view that CL is actually taking advantage of the fact that the vast majority of Jambos are prepared  to put their money into saving and supporting the club. The result is that he can readily ignore the abuse and derision he receives after home games in the knowledge he is untouchable as the support will continue to finance the club  no matter what.

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Bang on. I think he does need to at least beat Motherwell and Aberdeen and not lose to Hibs away. I’d hope there are discussions with Budge going on so he is clear that he knows what he needs to achieve or he is out.

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Being almost 70, my thoughts revolve around the fact that all of my family back to my Grandfather were Hearts supporters. Like a lot Jambos,  I have bought season tickets and contributed to FOH to save the club that we all love. It’s that determination that I think CL takes advantage of. None of us want to see Hearts decline but I’ve come to the view that CL is actually taking advantage of the fact that the vast majority of Jambos are prepared  to put their money into saving and supporting the club. The result is that he can readily ignore the abuse and derision he receives after home games in the knowledge he is untouchable as the support will continue to finance the club  no matter what.

Not quite.

People can still pledge, knowing that that money will be used to facilitate the handover.

People will not turn up every week if they think they’re getting their pants taken down by CL.

There is a difference !

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

This is where I'm at.

The board will give him those 3 games and then pull the trigger if necessary. 

These are 3 games we won last season with an inferior squad so it's not a big ask.

From a board point of view,  it gives Levein ample time to turn it around but also no reason for Levein to complain he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip this season. 

I fully get why fans want him out now but thats also how I see the board thinking.

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

But he isn’t untouchable. The only untouchable is our owner. 

And to be fair you are just a bit older than me and will know that the fans have always financed the club despite years and years when performances and results were much worse than just now. Situation just now isn’t great but there’s lots and lots of much poorer times than this. It’s just a case of how long does our owner give him to get things moving forward.  It would also be a huge red face for her if she sacks him now given how much she has given him to spend this past two months. I honestly think there’s more pressure on her than Levein. 

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

This is where I'm at.

The board will give him those 3 games and then pull the trigger if necessary. 

These are 3 games we won last season with an inferior squad so it's not a big ask.

From a board point of view,  it gives Levein ample time to turn it around but also no reason for Levein to complain he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip this season. 

I fully get why fans want him out now but thats also how I see the board thinking.

Agree. I think the board gave him a short term target to hit and they have to stand by that because they’ve back him. 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Agree. I think the board gave him a short term target to hit and they have to stand by that because they’ve back him. 

And it will be longer than three more games. Bound to be at least end of first round of games possibly longer 

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Locke! 

Ffs

Mcann

Locke 

Even Robbo and Sergio 

Jesus ****ing hell.

Jesus ****ing hell. 

Well Craig Levein clearly can't manage them. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

How is that clear? 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And it will be longer than three more games. Bound to be at least end of first round of games possibly longer 

Possibly. The 1st round of fixtures ends on October the 30th, so that would make sense - “managers being given until November”. 

14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

This is probably the case but I think they would have to act sooner if we lost to Motherwell at home

Just now, TemasekJambo said:

This is probably the case but I think they would have to act sooner if we lost to Motherwell at home

Without a doubt. 

32 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Nobody is suggesting Gary Locke on a permanent basis!

But the problem is that Levein should have gone at the end of last season so we could get a new permanent manager in place.

32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sums up the entire Levein In/out debate that a fair number in here have said they would take Gary Locke instead of Craig Levein for the rest of the season or as interim. Some have even suggested he gets the job full-time. Is that really the level of people’s ambition? And can anyone really see us being successful with Gary as head coach ? Great guy, loves the club, loved by the fans but head coach? Surely not? 

After reading these posts Mrs Budge probably thinks she has the right man in charge if the fans best alternative is Gary Locke. 

Sorry I may have missed it - but where did anybody say they wanted Gary Locke on a permanent basis???

30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m not sure anyone is saying that. Though I’d argue that in recent times jkb views don’t accurately reflect the overall Hearts support views. Nielsen’s demise and season ticket sales support that view. 

Certainly on here it’s a near 100% vote for him to step down as first team manager. Still a majority on here who would want him to continue in some sort of DoF or Sporting Director role. 

Some on here have said exactly that!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

By the performances?

really, how long has Whelan been here?

and when Naismith has played we have been far better so in fact it would say CL can't manage without Naismith rather than cannot manage him.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Because we don't win any football matches. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

and when Naismith has played we have been far better so in fact it would say CL can't manage without Naismith rather than cannot manage him.

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

But the problem is that Levein should have gone at the end of last season so we could get a new permanent manager in place.

I’d prefer to get someone else in on an interim basis while the board carefully considered the next manager. Neil McCann would be my choice. If he did very well then he could be considered for the job. He was trying to get Dundee to play decent football but didn’t have the players to do it, he may find it easier to implement with our squad.

44 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If we lose to Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen do you think that “vitriol” would be unreasonable Des??

20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

BOOM!!!

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Locke! 

Ffs

Mcann

Locke 

Even Robbo and Sergio 

Jesus ****ing hell.

Jesus ****ing hell. 

Your choice would be??????

16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He didn’t. Get over it. Nothing we or anyone else can do to change that 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah you are bang on. 

20 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If he did go after the cup final, we wouldnae be in this ###king mess NOW 

This nonsense of giving him more games needs to stop now. 

We will go in to that Motherwell game with the crowd on his back from the opening whistle.

He needs to go NOW.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, rmreido said:

What exactly is the mess. Serious question  

How bad is it. What is the worst we are fearing?

Both of Levein season's have seen strong runs of form including a club record run of clean sheets,  a destruction job on the hitherto invincible, decent cup form and 3 months where we topped the league. 

Its not just conceivable he would turn it round but likely. 

But yet deeply concerned he can't. 

It's just not so clear in my mind based on the evidence we are heading for armageddon,  more likely underachievement which maybe is enough anyhow to terminate 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

We will go in to that Motherwell game with the crowd on his back from the opening whistle.

He needs to go NOW.  

Which some have been saying for 22 months after his poor start 

7 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

He needs to go NOW.  

Exactly,

the next game....another defeat...

na the next game... beat again......

na the next game...a draw.....

It's never ending

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure what part you are referring to 

The bit about the “silent majority”  - some have suggested on here that they favour Levein.

16 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Correct!

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He didn’t. Get over it. Nothing we or anyone else can do to change that 

Budge can - hopefully

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Both of Levein season's have seen strong runs of form including a club record run of clean sheets,  a destruction job on the hitherto invincible, decent cup form and 3 months where we topped the league. 

It's just not so clear in my mind based on the evidence we are heading for armageddon,  more likely underachievement which maybe is enough anyhow to terminate 

I think we can leave out the more extreme terms of where we are, I agree.

People are now pretty pissed off. 

Nothing from the club and they’ll feel they are being messed about. 

Talk of turning it round was Saturday for me, and probably many others. Getting hacked off now with a new target of the next three games or whatever. Think time’s up.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We are not heading for “Armageddon”. But the team and our current head coach is a “mess” that’s for sure!

Adam_the_legend
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If CL stays on I think a relegation battle is coming. That’s not hyperbole, the team seems broken, bereft of confidence and CL and the boot room are the cause. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think we can leave out the more extreme terms of where we are, I agree.

People are now pretty pissed off. 

Nothing from the club and they’ll feel they are being messed about. 

Talk of turning it round was Saturday for me, and probably many others. Getting hacked off now with a new target of the next three games or whatever. Think time’s up.

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We are not heading for “Armageddon”. But the team and our current head coach is a “mess” that’s for sure!

Worst thing for me. 

End of last season,  was end of season feeling from March. 

And this season. I still feel as if we are stuck in pre season mode 

Its a malaise. Very similar to the run prior to humping Celtic. 

Unfortunately in the 2 years we just haven't put pressure on the top 4 at all