*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Nah, she's just too weak or has had some sort of traumatic brain injury if she doesn’t realise Levein needs punted with immediate effect. 

The footballing department is a circus and it's on her watch. Her last chance to rid us of Levein and look like she actually gives a **** about the football side has now passed.

Defeat from Dunfermline and Tynecastle is going to be a wonderful place to be. Budge can scuttle away from the abuse but Levein can't. :sweeet:

He should have walked away but instead has chosen to show he only cares about himself. Deserves everything that's coming to him. 

Dunfermline? 🤔

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
24 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Dunfermline? 🤔

Motherwell even. Don't know where Dunfermline came from. 😕

By the looks of it he's going nowhere.

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/17878791.craig-levein-plans-defensive-boot-camp-hearts-international-break/

Craig Levein plans defensive boot camp for Hearts during international break

UNDER-FIRE Hearts manager Craig Levein has vowed to use the international break to put his players through a crash-course in defending.

Levein was seething after watching his sloppy side play out a 2-2 draw against Hamilton on Saturday, with the hosts blowing a lead twice in woefully soft fashion.

The capital club have also shipped three goals against Aberdeen and Celtic this term.

However, Levein is adamant tightening up his backline is a far less difficult task than creating a potent attack – and he fully intends to use the next fortnight wisely.

He said: “There is some consolation there that the defensive side is easier to fix than the attacking side. I can do something about that and take my frustration out on the training ground.

7 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So it's time Budge done her ****ing job and removes Craig Levein with immediate effect. Get someone in who knows how to set up a cohesive football team. Our football department in an absolute embarrassment, Levein is a terrible coach now and he's taking the club for a ride. If he had any respect for Budge he would have left by now.

I think Ann is struggling with the fact she cannot simply remove Levein as Head Coach and carry on as normal with a new manager and Levein back as DoF. 

Contractually this is a nightmare scenario, especially if Levein refuses to walk.  

Also, Levein is so embedded in the club that it would leave a huge vacuum if he left that would need filled. Does Ann know how to recruit a DoF, Head Coach, Academy manager etc?? Does she have the appetite?

2 minutes ago, allyby said:

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/17878791.craig-levein-plans-defensive-boot-camp-hearts-international-break/

UNDER-FIRE Hearts manager Craig Levein has vowed to use the international break to put his players through a crash-course in defending.

Levein was seething after watching his sloppy side play out a 2-2 draw against Hamilton on Saturday, with the hosts blowing a lead twice in woefully soft fashion.

The capital club have also shipped three goals against Aberdeen and Celtic this term.

However, Levein is adamant tightening up his backline is a far less difficult task than creating a potent attack – and he fully intends to use the next fortnight wisely.

He said: “There is some consolation there that the defensive side is easier to fix than the attacking side. I can do something about that and take my frustration out on the training ground.

Floundering. 

Gordon Ramsay
22 minutes ago, allyby said:

Same old crap about fixing things. 

You have had months to fix it and it's not getting fixed its getting worse. 

Just admit you are struggling and get someone else in who can actually get the team playing with a bit of passion and consistency. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think Ann is struggling with the fact she cannot simply remove Levein as Head Coach and carry on as normal with a new manager and Levein back as DoF. 

Contractually this is a nightmare scenario, especially if Levein refuses to walk.  

Also, Levein is so embedded in the club that it would leave a huge vacuum if he left that would need filled. Does Ann know how to recruit a DoF, Head Coach, Academy manager etc?? Does she have the appetite?

Like everybody else I'm only guessing. How about this for a scenario?

Ann knows the score.

She has a lot of respect for Levein and values his advice and feels she has a debt to him.

She is hoping for a handful of decent results between now and the completion of the first round of fixtures.

CL will then, at AB's suggestion, resign from the coaching role with Austin MacPhee promoted to first team coach.

CL will resume Director of Football role with dignity intact.

Yeh, I know; clutching at straws.

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Ann knows the score.

She has a lot of respect for Levein and values his advice and feels she has a debt to him.

She is hoping for a handful of decent results between now and the completion of the first round of fixtures.

CL will then, at AB's suggestion, resign from the coaching role with Austin MacPhee promoted to first team coach.

We have been horrendous since MacPhee arrived at the club.  He was lucky to survive after his central role in the Cathro/MacPhee era and he has been central to the awful Levein/MacPhee era.

He should go with Levein, Daly and Cowdenbeath's worst ever manager.

23 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Ann knows the score.

I think that is what Ann wants. 

But I just cannot see the support accepting that - it seems like a carve-up to protect everyone’s job. 

12 minutes ago, Coco said:

We have been horrendous since MacPhee arrived at the club.  He was lucky to survive after his central role in the Cathro/MacPhee era and he has been central to the awful Levein/MacPhee era.

He should go with Levein, Daly and Cowdenbeath's worst ever manager.

The credentials of the coaching team are certainly questionable.

MacPhee speaks well and seems to have a good reputation as an analyst, but I think you are right, is there any evidence that he is a good coach?

I now would have expected Ann Budge to have acted by now if she was going to sack Levein.

She must know the feelings of the fans as reported in the papers as well as the many 

polls that have been done since saturday with 90% plus wanting him sacked as manager.

As a business woman you would think that she would realise that carrying on with Levein 

will only antagonise the fans as this issue isn't going away anytime soon. At the moment 

she reminds me of the 3 monkeys covering her ears, hearing no evil and covering her mouth.

Ann Budge maybe waiting on a miracle, well you never know miracles did happen in the bible.

Edited by mitch41

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I now would of expected Ann Budge to have acted by now if she was going to sack Levein.

She must know the feelings of the fans as reported in the papers as well as the many 

polls that have been done since saturday with 90% plus wanting him sacked as manager.

As a business woman you would think that she would realise that carrying on with Levein 

will only antagonise the fans as this issue isn't going away anytime soon. At the moment 

she reminds me of the 3 monkeys covering her ears, hearing no evil and covering her mouth.

Ann Budge maybe waiting on a miracle, well you never know miracles did happen in the bible.

would have 

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

would have 

it's just the way we gadgys are. of this and of that and i canny see whats yer problem.

But i've edited it for your convenience.

10 hours ago, graygo said:

By the same token it's not up to the fans to sack a manager either.

But still have the right to moan, but booing the team and manager is a no from me.

I don't take it personally when we don't win so in my eyes a defeat or a draw isn't "causing damage". Add that to the list of the JKB cliche. 

Last season was last season, its finished, its done. If change was going to be made then that was the time. 

Losing your Shit after 4 league games is irrational and knee jerk in anybodys book and is why supporters are not in control.

I most certainly wouldn't be trusting and owner/CEO of any company I deal with who lose the plot in that manner, football is a classic example of this ludicrous phenomena that has created the downfall for some great clubs over the decades. 

It also sends out an atrocious message to any manager out there with any credibility and a modicum of good sense. Steer clear of Hearts, the Owner Shits the bed at the slightest hint of trouble and pulls the trigger, no thanks on that score for me.

Sorry for hoping we can get this poor run of results as a distant memory.

22 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I now would have expected Ann Budge to have acted by now if she was going to sack Levein.

After 4 league games of the current campaign? Nope. The very least she'll do is wait until the first round of games are over, i.e. we've played 11 games.

Edit: And in my opinion there is no way she would sack him anyway. It will be "by mutual agreement" or made to look like Craig's decision.

Edited by redjambo

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Worrying times !

Perhaps she may decide to leave after her loan is paid back.

I know she has offered to stay on but she must be getting tempted to go and enjoy her retirement.

Perhaps the haters will get their way Budge and Levein both gone by next season .

3 hours ago, allyby said:

Heading for a 4-6-0 then???  🙈

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

it's just the way we gadgys are. of this and of that and i canny see whats yer problem.

But i've edited it for your convenience.

I'm a bit of a gadgy masel, in fact I've been called a radgy gadgy, but I've never used of for have.

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

After 4 league games of the current campaign? Nope. The very least she'll do is wait until the first round of games are over, i.e. we've played 11 games.

Edit: And in my opinion there is no way she would sack him anyway. It will be "by mutual agreement" or made to look like Craig's decision.

If you think the fans are wanting him sacked because of the result in 4 league games this season you are very wrong.

Results, performances, entertainment, over the last 10 months should of seen him emptied last season. Too many 

times we have come away from Tynecastle angry and frustrated by watch a dire, shambolic game where Hearts 

have once again shown that Levein and co. are out of their depth. You might be prepared to watch a talented squad 

of players being mismanaged but 90% plus of fans have had enough. Levein needs to go !

16 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I don't take it personally when we don't win so in my eyes a defeat or a draw isn't "causing damage". Add that to the list of the JKB cliche. 

Last season was last season, its finished, its done. If change was going to be made then that was the time. 

Losing your Shit after 4 league games is irrational and knee jerk in anybodys book and is why supporters are not in control.

I most certainly wouldn't be trusting and owner/CEO of any company I deal with who lose the plot in that manner, football is a classic example of this ludicrous phenomena that has created the downfall for some great clubs over the decades. 

It also sends out an atrocious message to any manager out there with any credibility and a modicum of good sense. Steer clear of Hearts, the Owner Shits the bed at the slightest hint of trouble and pulls the trigger, no thanks on that score for me.

If Ann made a change now, every person in football would know it is based on the last 12 months and not just 4 games. 

In no way would it ruin her reputation as a thoughtful leader who does not succumb to knee jerk reactions. 

And yes, it is lucky that football fans are not making these decisions because I would have sacked him after Livingston away. Mind you, history would show that was the correct decision 😁

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm a bit of a gadgy masel, in fact I've been called a radgy gadgy, but I've never used of for have.

radgy tagy gadgy of the Levein Defence League.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

radgy tagy gadgy of the Levein Defence League.

I used to be a Levein defender and I still hope but I think AB is just  waiting for the right time.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be honest, trying to suggest anyone wants rid of Levein just because of this season is barking up the wrong tree. 

Spot on i'm afraid Redjambo is up the creek without a paddle when he thinks it's all about the first 4 league games.

26 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

“Losing your shit after 4 league games” 🙈

Totally clutching at straws!

Just now, upgotheheads said:

I used to be a Levein defender and I still hope but I think AB is just  waiting for the right time.

The right time has passed for many fans. She needs to have a reality check on Levein & co.

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If you think the fans are wanting him sacked because of the result in 4 league games this season you are very wrong.

Results, performances, entertainment, over the last 10 months should of seen him emptied last season. Too many 

times we have come away from Tynecastle angry and frustrated by watch a dire, shambolic game where Hearts 

have once again shown that Levein and co. are out of their depth. You might be prepared to watch a talented squad 

of players being mismanaged but 90% plus of fans have had enough. Levein needs to go !

Of course I'm not thinking that. How could you read that into what I said? You're obviously just firing your scattergun at anything that moves. :)

All I said is that she won't be sacking him only 4 league games into a season. It's not the sort of thing she would do. Given our under-achievement over the last while, I reckon she will have now set precise targets, set in stone, that Craig must meet this season. There is no way that one of them will be "achieve a certain number of points after 4 league games".

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

The right time has passed for many fans. She needs to have a reality check on Levein & co.

Agreed, but given the number of roles he has it's going to be difficult to separate him from the head coach job and his other positions. I think she wants him to remain as Academy Director and Director of football, and on the board, she painted herself into a corner to some extent but I have faith in AB

Of course I'm not thinking that. How could you read that into what I said? You're obviously just firing your scattergun at anything that moves. :)

All I said is that she won't be sacking him only 4 league games into a season. It's not the sort of thing she would do. Given our under-achievement over the last while, I reckon she will have now set precise targets, set in stone, that Craig must meet this season. There is no way that one of them will be "achieve a certain number of points after 4 league games".

This sounds like a bit of grovelling no not grovelling more like changing tack.

Just now, mitch41 said:

This sounds like a bit of grovelling no not grovelling more like changing tack.

Changing tack from Ann? Or me? :)

I personally want Levein out as manager now. Realistically though, I know it isn't going to happen after 4 league games.

YouLetYourClubDie
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Remember Cathro? 

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Spot on i'm afraid Redjambo is up the creek without a paddle when he thinks it's all about the first 4 league games.

Of course I don't think that. Mitch, I usually appreciate you as a poster, but you're being a right dick here.

Just now, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Remember Cathro? 

Sadly I do. :(  Cathro's relationship with Ann is not the same as Craig's relationship with Ann though.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Sadly I do. :(  Cathro's relationship with Ann is not the same as Craig's relationship with Ann though.

And that relationship is a major problem!!

Edited by Thomaso

YouLetYourClubDie
Just now, redjambo said:

Which is exactly the reason why we are in the mess we are in. I get the impression it is up to Levein when he decides to leave.

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And that relationship is a major problem!!

2 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Which is exactly the reason why we are in the mess we are in. I get the impression it is up to Levein when he decides to leave.

Spot on, although I hope Ann can remedy the latter.

Changing tack from Ann? Or me? :)

I personally want Levein out as manager now. Realistically though, I know it isn't going to happen after 4 league games.

good lad

Ann Budge obviously thinks she knows more about managing Hearts than the Hearts supporters. So 90% plus of 4 polls on the web are wrong. 

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge obviously thinks she knows more about managing Hearts than the Hearts supporters. So 90% plus of 4 polls on the web are wrong. 

She knows infinitely more about managing Hearts than the Hearts supporters and I say that as a CLexiteer.

Hampden Demolition
7 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Motherwell even. Don't know where Dunfermline came from. 😕

You were probably thinking of what it will be like when we face them in the Championship next season.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

She knows infinitely more about managing Hearts than the Hearts supporters and I say that as a CLexiteer.

More than JJ, Donald Ford, Alan MacLaren, Gary Locke, Alan Preston, Michael Stewart need I go on. All Hearts supporters who I'd bet if you asked them Levein they'd say he should be sacked.

The list of Hearts supporters who have managed or played at the highest level know more about managing Hearts than Ann Budge.

And they know Levein should be sacked as manager.

I cant believe that he isnt either away yet or some sort of statement from the board/levein, to recognise they are aware fans have had enough.

Obviously hoping it will blow over.... until the next crap performance/defeat, then again, then again. 

Its shocking to be honest. No respect for the fans anymore.