*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s not purely and simply a case of giving him time to turn it round. It’s about balance. Balance of risk V time. By that I mean this.

What potential damage can be done to the club by giving him time to turn things round V potential damage of getting rid and starting again with a new manager?

People have been calling for change for a long time now. Apart from 2 disappointing 6th place finishes what damage has actually been done? I admit the support is split on him but across the country at virtually every club supports are split on managers?

Man U fans are split on Solskjear. Emery at Arsenal has their fans divided. Apart from a few obvious examples like Klopp at Liverpool or Pep at City fans all over are divided on managers so I don’t think we should be overly worried about that particular negative. There are people on here who enjoy nae revel in ramming this down the JKB collectives throats as if it’s the best “Levein oot” ammunition but in reality it’s a poor argument.

Keeping him on longer could mean another poor league campaign? It might not. We don’t have crystal balls telling us the future. If we change manager the new incumbent may not improve league position and in fact may end up worse off?

Keep him on longer causing fan unrest. Well we saw what happened with Robbie? Do we really want to go down that particular road again? That whole plane banner thing was vomit inducing in its embarrassment to the club (in my opinion).

Get rid now.

Whole process has to start again. Levein and his team will need paid off and a process started to replace costing time and money. First team playing under a temp coach. Will this damage league and cup performances? Almost certainly. No guarantees a new coach will have the same relationship with the players that Levein does. This is not up for argument as it is extremely well documented how much respect ALL the players have for Levein. A new guy might not have this rapport.

Players like Berra and Naismith came to us to play for the club and play for Levein. We are attracting players we would not historically have attracted and building relationships with PL clubs we historically have not been able to do because of Levein. Do we rip this up and start again if a new manager isn’t able to continue these relationships?

I voted for him to stay because I’m big enough and ugly enough to way all this up in my mind and come to a decision. That decision is based on the above. I understand 100% why others want him out now and I refuse to ram my decision down the throats of others and respectfully ask others on the other side do similar.

Lastly I back the club. That means I back the owner, manager, coaches, players and fans. I trust the order of management from bottom to top to make the decisions that I and everyone in here is not capable of making. If we were we would be running the club. Ann Budge is a talented individual who despite not knowing a huge amount about football (name me an owner that does by the way? and another JKB mythstick used frequently on here) has taken this club from the very brink of extinction to a thriving and successful business the envy of the majority of football fans in Scotland.

I therefor fully trust her in the decision making going forward.

Sensible post, well put sir 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

Hampden Demolition

It’s not purely and simply a case of giving him time to turn it round. It’s about balance. Balance of risk V time. By that I mean this.

What potential damage can be done to the club by giving him time to turn things round V potential damage of getting rid and starting again with a new manager?

People have been calling for change for a long time now. Apart from 2 disappointing 6th place finishes what damage has actually been done? I admit the support is split on him but across the country at virtually every club supports are split on managers?

Man U fans are split on Solskjear. Emery at Arsenal has their fans divided. Apart from a few obvious examples like Klopp at Liverpool or Pep at City fans all over are divided on managers so I don’t think we should be overly worried about that particular negative. There are people on here who enjoy nae revel in ramming this down the JKB collectives throats as if it’s the best “Levein oot” ammunition but in reality it’s a poor argument.

Keeping him on longer could mean another poor league campaign? It might not. We don’t have crystal balls telling us the future. If we change manager the new incumbent may not improve league position and in fact may end up worse off?

Keep him on longer causing fan unrest. Well we saw what happened with Robbie? Do we really want to go down that particular road again? That whole plane banner thing was vomit inducing in its embarrassment to the club (in my opinion).

Get rid now.

Whole process has to start again. Levein and his team will need paid off and a process started to replace costing time and money. First team playing under a temp coach. Will this damage league and cup performances? Almost certainly. No guarantees a new coach will have the same relationship with the players that Levein does. This is not up for argument as it is extremely well documented how much respect ALL the players have for Levein. A new guy might not have this rapport.

Players like Berra and Naismith came to us to play for the club and play for Levein. We are attracting players we would not historically have attracted and building relationships with PL clubs we historically have not been able to do because of Levein. Do we rip this up and start again if a new manager isn’t able to continue these relationships?

I voted for him to stay because I’m big enough and ugly enough to way all this up in my mind and come to a decision. That decision is based on the above. I understand 100% why others want him out now and I refuse to ram my decision down the throats of others and respectfully ask others on the other side do similar.

Lastly I back the club. That means I back the owner, manager, coaches, players and fans. I trust the order of management from bottom to top to make the decisions that I and everyone in here is not capable of making. If we were we would be running the club. Ann Budge is a talented individual who despite not knowing a huge amount about football (name me an owner that does by the way? and another JKB mythstick used frequently on here) has taken this club from the very brink of extinction to a thriving and successful business the envy of the majority of football fans in Scotland.

I’m not going to have a go at you for having an opinion but you ask what damage is done? Two 6th place finishes for a club this size with the fan base and budget is not good enough. Do we continue to accept that? If we do, there is no way we will be attracting players like Berra, Naismith and Whelan in the future. 

We are approaching almost a year since this ‘slump’ started. If we simply allow it to continue, supporters will lose interest and ticket sales will eventually start to drop. I renewed this season because I always will regardless but not every supporter is of the mindset (and that’s not a dig at them).

change is needed now and I hope that the board will take action this week. Things are stale. A change is needed to lift the supporters because we cannot continue to go to every game, both home and away, with a dark cloud hanging over.

Get rid now.

That's a decent post and just about where I'm at.

I'd add my own personal stubbornness into the equation, I'm desperate for the current set up to prosper and win things, ripping it up and starting again seldom brings fruit.

Whatever will be will be.

Allowayjambo1874

Get rid now.

A very decent post but can I make a couple of points.

the difference in prize money from finishing 6th (or worse) v say 4th would offset some of the cost of getting rid of some of the coaching staff but the damage being done with the constant under performance  and the drop in match day revenue cannot be allowed to continue 

Berra (& Lafferty for that matter) was signed when Cathro was manager so not sure if the relationship analogy holds up. In my opinion Naismith and Berra would play for Hearts no matter who the manager was, it’s the club that is the draw.

If a new manager came in the slate is wiped and all the players start again from scratch. So suddenly Berra (who I love but is way off form atm) and Clare go from first names on the sheet to having to earn their place. This keeps all the players honest and should mean an improvement in performance or players being dropped. 

I do understand the logic of your argument but the  start of this season feels like Groundhog Day and many people have lost patience and want change. The risk to change is there may be no improvement but many do not think there will be improvement under CL anyway so it’s a risk worth taking.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Gary Locke's record in 2013-14 season

Played 38

Points 38 (15 deduction not applied)

Craig Levein's last 38 league games

Played 38

Points 41

Keeping in mind the relative situations at the club 2013 and 2019, it's pretty clear that Gary Locke is a far better option than Craig Levein :)

Considering we were skint and had a team full of kids Locke had them battling and we only went down with a fight and even managed to drag Hibs down with us. 

alwaysthereinspirit

Is this new and exciting (as yet unnamed) manager guaranteed to lead us to a footballing utopia? Or will he too have a poll relating to his removal toute de suite.

I want him to continue because I think we'll turn it around. Celtic probably have the league won already. We can do a couple of cup runs again and get a higher league position and chase Europe.

Levein cannot be blamed for mistakes on the pitch every time it happens. Professional footballers should be professional.  Posters usually answer this with "he signed them" That's all well and good until you ask how these 'TERRIBLE" players will all of a sudden become great under a new manager. They are not bad footballers. They just havent gelled yet. I believe they will. Mistakes cost us points against Aberdeen and on Saturday. Eliminate those silly mistakes and we have at least 3 more points, possibly 4. Obviously not perfect but also only one defeat away to Celtic. I havent reached the point of some other fans on here of entitlement with regards to Hearts having the right to just show up and win. I've been following then to long to believe thats an actual possibility. Following Hearts has never been easy. It never will be. 

Stop the booing and give them even more support every game. 

11 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Is this new and exciting (as yet unnamed) manager guaranteed to lead us to a footballing utopia? Or will he too have a poll relating to his removal toute de suite.

I want him to continue because I think we'll turn it around. Celtic probably have the league won already. We can do a couple of cup runs again and get a higher league position and chase Europe.

Levein cannot be blamed for mistakes on the pitch every time it happens. Professional footballers should be professional.  Posters usually answer this with "he signed them" That's all well and good until you ask how these 'TERRIBLE" players will all of a sudden become great under a new manager. They are not bad footballers. They just havent gelled yet. I believe they will. Mistakes cost us points against Aberdeen and on Saturday. Eliminate those silly mistakes and we have at least 3 more points, possibly 4. Obviously not perfect but also only one defeat away to Celtic. I havent reached the point of some other fans on here of entitlement with regards to Hearts having the right to just show up and win. I've been following then to long to believe thats an actual possibility. Following Hearts has never been easy. It never will be. 

I see you conveniently leave out the Riss county game where we were totally outplayed and outfought by them.

24 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

No one is saying anything of the kind about Hearts just having to turn up to win. What nonsense. We’re entitled to nothing.

The manager has always taken the brunt of things as long as football has been played.

They fail, he goes. That’s how it works. Always has.

The only thing that hasn’t gelled yet is CL and his second spell as manager.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

I see you conveniently leave out the Riss county game where we were totally outplayed and outfought by them.

I pointed out the games were mistakes were made that cost us lost goals and points. County never scored and neither did we. If you want to blame the forwards for the dropped points against County then fair enough.

Every day he remains in charge is detrimental to the club. He splits fan opinion and we need someone we can all get behind without agendas people have for whatever reason.

34 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I pointed out the games were mistakes were made that cost us lost goals and points. County never scored and neither did we. If you want to blame the forwards for the dropped points against County then fair enough.

Were you there? What chances did our forwards have?

Hampden Demolition

Genuinely worrying that Ann Budge sees no need for change. There’s going to be a lot of anger vented at the Motherwell game. The fact that it hasn’t been done before now means we can expect CL in the dugout for the foreseeable in my opinion. Quite frankly a disgrace when you look at the form we are in. It shows no sign of changing either.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Were you there? What chances did our forwards have?

I wasnt there. I dont know if our forwards had any chances. I know Levein didnt send them out there with instructions not to score. 

He also didnt send Berra and Whyte out there with instructions to give up goals. He cant be blamed every day for everything. 

Its just getting crazy now. Recent injuries are his fault now. Walker was kicked and Souttar twisted an ankle. But we're warming up/down incorrectly.

Gordon Ramsay

Still under that desk waiting for it all to go away. 

The bad people slagging poor wee Craigy might magically disappear if I ignore it. 

The whole thing is a farce. He should never have been appointed manager in the first place. Far too cosy and has resulted in some incredibly weak performances on the pitch. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Mort said:

Every day he remains in charge is detrimental to the club. He splits fan opinion and we need someone we can all get behind without agendas people have for whatever reason.

Name the guy we're all getting behind and maybe I'll change my opinion. 

Hampden Demolition
Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

We get behind the best candidate that applies and is successful after an interview. We cannot continue with the insipid performances and results. 

51 minutes ago, Herbert said:

how's he no been sacked by now? budge is taking the *****.

Its incredible.  He should have been removed on Saturday evening.  I keep logging into KB hoping for good news but nothing so far.  

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Its incredible.  He should have been removed on Saturday evening.  I keep logging into KB hoping for good news but nothing so far.  

The silence coming out of Tynecastle is deafening, she could at least come out with some kind of statement.

14 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

You really don’t think there’s better candidates out there? A fresh start is urgently required.

4 minutes ago, allyby said:

The silence coming out of Tynecastle is deafening, she could at least come out with some kind of statement.

I agree that action should be taken by now but im not sure what good a statement would do, especially the age old vote of confidence (which I believe he has had already when stated he was doing a good job).

The only statement required is one that states he is no longer manager....

Hampden Demolition
5 minutes ago, allyby said:

We are still waiting on part 2...

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Gary Locke's record in 2013-14 season

Played 38

Points 38 (15 deduction not applied)

Craig Levein's last 38 league games

Played 38

Points 41

Keeping in mind the relative situations at the club 2013 and 2019, it's pretty clear that Gary Locke is a far better option than Craig Levein :)

We have relegation form.  We only finished 6th due to such a good start.   The poor form has continued in the league cup and then the league.   We have played good once away to motherwell this season.     

Keeping him on is clearly doing damage based on his on long term form.    He signs players that are gone 12 months later.  We have no width.   We have 2 forwards.       

How anyone can make any argument for him staying any longer defies belief 

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m not sure anyone is saying that. Though I’d argue that in recent times jkb views don’t accurately reflect the overall Hearts support views. Nielsen’s demise and season ticket sales support that view. 

Certainly on here it’s a near 100% vote for him to step down as first team manager. Still a majority on here who would want him to continue in some sort of DoF or Sporting Director role. 

90 people voted for him to stay as manager, it’s up there ^^^^.

Stephen Muddie
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

90 people voted for him to stay as manager, it’s up there ^^^^.

And for the reaction, finger pointing and teeth-gnashing of people like yourself, it was 100% worth it.

alwaysthereinspirit
16 minutes ago, Mort said:

You really don’t think there’s better candidates out there? A fresh start is urgently required.

Are there better managers out there than Levein? Unequivocally yes.

2 hours ago, Mort said:

He's not even splitting opinion anymore. 93% of people (it was 95% when I looked earlier - must undoubtably be hibbys getting wind of the poll which has reduced the %) on the poll want him away as manager. You can't get any more clear cut than that. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Get rid now.

How much money has two 6 places finishes and signing nearly 40 players in two years cost us, including more than a teams worth that aren’t here anymore.

Hes had more than enough time. Ann has done a wonderful job but her trust in Levein is starting to change peoples opinions about her.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

And for the reaction, finger pointing and teeth-gnashing of people like yourself, it was 100% worth it.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot

My vote for him was to be replaced after  the Hamilton game. 

I think it's gone too far now  and we don't look like reversing our form, that is the big concern. 

However, for context I don't necessarily want him sacked right now and without a plan. I also won't be championing the cause like many on here. 

If he gets removed, I can see why tho and the defence of him is now based only on hope. 

However, If he doesn't go, I won't be protesting or going in the huff. I'll hope we turn things round. 

Stephen Muddie
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

From someone who wanted to defended him and now wants him out immediately? Your judgement is not something that I worry about.

Excuse me? When did I recently say immediately out? Think you've got me confused with someone else. I said I'd give him until our next defeat, if it came in the next two league games or the cup game if we've beat 'well and not got beat at Fester. I also said several times months ago he should be sacked, when most others disagreed. Do try to be accurate.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Excuse me? When did I recently say immediately out? Think you've got me confused with someone else. I said I'd give him until our next defeat, if it came in the next two league games or the cup game if we haven't lost either of the league games. I also said several times months ago he should be sacked. Do try to be accurate.

So you said he should be sacked, but now want to give him more time? And you would rather annoy other Hearts supporters than get rid of a failed manager who has us joint bottom of the league 👍🏽. Sorry for the confusion 🙈🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🥴.

Any other manager with his record in 2019 would have been sacked.

Its as simple as that.

Why is he treated any differently ?

Its a results based business and his stats this year are actually embarrassing

I think most fans who want him moved on have felt that way for at least 6-8 months, it's not a reaction to this season, the games so far have pretty much gone as expected/form suggests. 

A manager needs 6 months to make his mark on a team, another 6 to 12 to really impact a club. Levein has had more than that. 

Stephen Muddie
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you said he should be sacked, but now want to give him more time? And you would rather annoy other Hearts supporters than get rid of a failed manager who has us joint bottom of the league 👍🏽. Sorry for the confusion 🙈🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🥴.

No. You're wrong again. He should've gone in  the summer. Wasn't my decision to give him the start of the season and sign all these players. I think my full reasoning might be on this very thread. Nothing to do with annoying Hearts fans. I think he should remain where he is for now, I didn't falsely vote to ANNOY you, precious one. FFS

Folk's opinions/thoughts differ. I deal with that every day without getting annoyed. Why can't you? You'd rather go about like I said, finger-pointing etc. Sad as feck.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

No. You're wrong again. He should've gone in  the summer. Wasn't my decision to give him the start of the season and sign all these players. I think my full reasoning might be on this very thread. Nothing to do with annoying Hearts fans. I think he should remain where he is for now, I didn't falsely vote to ANNOY you, precious one. FFS

Wrong again? Where? You said you wanted him out, now you’re waiting for our next defeat, why? What difference will that make?

You said you voted for him to stay and it was worth it because of people like me and our reactions. Are you for real? It’s all up there ^^^^.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Stephen Muddie
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wrong again? Where? You said you wanted him out, now you’re waiting for our next defeat, why? What difference will that make?

You said you voted for him to stay and it was worth it because of people like me and our reactions. Are you for real? 

Really mate? Sigh. Okay... You're wrong that I want him sacked. I wanted him sacked months ago. Since then his lack of a sacking has meant we went thru a pre-season and signed a load of his players (many of whom haven't gelled with each other/the team yet). I'm not just waiting for our next defeat. If we get 6pts and KO aberdeen I'm not gonna be screaming blue murder if we lost our next game, as the former scenario would intimate that progress is being made. I've set out what I would do, given new season and players and given we didn't sack him when we should have.

I voted for him to stay, I was voting honestly. Yeah, it WAS worth it, because now you're a gibbering, shaking wreck because of what others think (a tiny minority FFS). Yeah I'm for real. Rather than be finally happy that the crowd are behind you, you'd rather shoot at the ones who aren't. Sad as feck. And KB polls mean the square root of feck all, same as your opinion and mine.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I wasnt there. I dont know if our forwards had any chances. I know Levein didnt send them out there with instructions not to score. 

He also didnt send Berra and Whyte out there with instructions to give up goals. He cant be blamed every day for everything. 

Its just getting crazy now. Recent injuries are his fault now. Walker was kicked and Souttar twisted an ankle. But we're warming up/down incorrectly.

Think you’ve went off on a bit of a tangent here! Who mentioned all those other things?

50 minutes ago, allyby said:

A statement saying Craig is building a good squad etc give it time. that's what I expect her to say. Both of them should go now. Ann has destroyed all the good she's done by letting him stay on for so long.

Here is an amazing idea but I’m not sure if it’ll catch on.

we advertise the job(you still with me) 

potential managers apply(still with me)

we narrow it down to the best candidates for the job and pick the one most suited or who impresses most.

now you asking that question is a joke.

how can anyone tell you who you’re to throw your support behind until we know what managers are in for the job!!

Stephen Muddie

Even though I'm guessing we both voted Stay, this is for me a ridiculous post. It's not OUR job to recruit managers, after all. Sorry if this seems like a dig, I just hate this sort of chat. Same happens regards players where I'll say similar ie "we are not football managers"

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Really mate? Sigh. Okay... You're wrong that I want him sacked. I wanted him sacked months ago. Since then his lack of a sacking has meant we went thru a pre-season and signed a load of his players (many of whom haven't gelled with each other/the team yet). I'm not just waiting for our next defeat. If we get 6pts and KO aberdeen I'm not gonna be screaming blue murder if we lost our next game, as the former scenario would intimate that progress is being made. I've set out what I would do, given new season and players and given we didn't sack him when we should have.

I voted for him to stay, I was voting honestly. Yeah, it WAS worth it, because now you're a gibbering, shaking wreck because of what others think (a tiny minority FFS). Yeah I'm for real. Rather than be finally happy that the crowd are behind you, you'd rather shoot at the ones who aren't. Sad as feck. And KB polls mean the square root of feck all, same as your opinion and mine.

So if we get beat off Motherwell or Hibs or Aberdeen you would want him sacked then as progress isn’t being made? News flash, there will no progress as he does the same thing over and over with different players in the hope it will work.

Ive been of the opinion that he should be sacked for a long time and not even winning the cup would’ve changed that. People finally catching up and agreeing that he should be sacked doesn’t give me any pleasure at all. People thinking he should stay, that wanted him out and would again if he loses a few more games deserve to be called out.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Still under that desk waiting for it all to go away. 

The bad people slagging poor wee Craigy might magically disappear if I ignore it. 

The whole thing is a farce. He should never have been appointed manager in the first place. Far too cosy and has resulted in some incredibly weak performances on the pitch. 

Spot on 👍🏽

Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So if we get beat off Motherwell or Hibs or Aberdeen you would want him sacked then as progress isn’t being made? News flash, there will no progress as he does the same thing over and over with different players in the hope it will work.

Ive been of the opinion that he should be sacked for a long time and not even winning the cup would’ve changed that. People finally catching up and agreeing that he should be sacked doesn’t give me any pleasure at all. People thinking he should stay, that wanted him out and would again if he loses a few more games deserve to be called out.

I'll be clear: He shouldn't be here right now. he is. He's just blown the budget. The transfer window is closed. Don't beat 'well, he goes. Beat off Hibs regardless of well, he goes. If he makes it to Aberdeen game, if he doesn't win he goes. I know it's not what you want me to say, but it's what I've resigned myself to. 

I think I've explained my position enough. you're not "calling me out". You're digging a trench. Or are you over the top?

Edited by Stephen Muddie

LarrysRightFoot

Let’s face it he was never going to recover after the Livingston result. That’s where he lost me (I’d always backed him until that) and I’d suggest a large number of the support.

I don’t think we should lose 5-0 to ANYBODY never mind Livingston!!  We, as seems to be our new norm, were out fought and out worked. The lack of tenacity, dynamism and of all things heart is embarrassing. 

Ross County should have beat us and they are hopeless! Look at their results since that game. I have the upmost respect for Hamilton and what they continuously achieve but again they are awful fans could have beaten us! Out with the Old Firm the whole league is poor this season - we should be walking third but at this rate we will be lucky to get top 6!   

He has built a good squad of players granted but this nonsense about being low on confidence? C’mon we played 4 games against lower league opposition - if our players cannot go onto a park believing they can beat Stenny or East Fife they shouldn’t be professional footballers never mind play for us!

Something is badly wrong - the results in the last 30 odd games tell us that. He needs to go - he’s lost the support and it will take something special (a League Cup win?) to get it back.  

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

I'll be clear: He shouldn't be here right now. he is. He's just blown the budget. The transfer window is closed. Don't beat 'well, he goes. Beat off Hibs regardless of well, he goes. If he makes it to Aberdeen game, if he doesn't win he goes. I know it's not what you want me to say, but it's what I've resigned myself to. 

I think I've explained my position enough. you're not "calling me out". You're digging a trench. Or are you over the top?

I’ve been entrenched for a while, over the top on many occasions.

He has to go no matter who he’s signed and if he gets lucky over the next few games it makes no difference, I take on board your reasons for giving him more time but I don’t agree with them.

I’d hazard a guess and say that every decent Hearts fan wants Levein to succeed and to turn things round. He’s one of us and a very, very likeable guy. It’s his connections to Hearts that is now stopping him from seeing he isn’t right for the job. He loves the club and backs himself, anyone of us would probably do the same in his position. Thing is, it’s gone too far now. He no longer has the fans and that’s the killer for him. We are sitting joint bottom of the league. Our poor run of form is coming up for a full calendar year. Add in 5th, 6th and 6th place finishes, nothing suggests he’s gonna turn it round. It would be one of Scottish footballs great miracles if Levein was still in the role this time next year. The mistake the club made is not removing him after the cup final, was the perfect time to give him a great send off and would’ve given us a chance to say goodbye in a nice way. Now he’s gonna be hounded out and that’s a proper shame for a man that’s lived our dream. He has to go tho. 

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve been entrenched for a while, over the top on many occasions.

He has to go no matter who he’s signed and if he gets lucky over the next few games it makes no difference, I take on board your reasons for giving him more time but I don’t agree with them.

Perhaps, but I think it's hugely risky, therefore would prefer to be 100% about it, because a post-CL scenario is far from certain success. Especially given a new man will be able to sign nobody and the club will be in a transitional phase throughout a tough and important run of games. Appreciate that post mate.