*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

Hampden Demolition
Just now, 1874robbo said:

This up coming derby could very well pan out that the team who wins are in fact the losers.

if that makes sense.

Makes sense to me but i still wouldn’t want to be beaten by them even if it meant Levein going.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

Just now, Hampden Demolition said:

Makes sense to me but i still wouldn’t want to be beaten by them even if it meant Levein going.

Same here mate.

Pasquale for King
On 01/09/2019 at 01:37, FarmerTweedy said:

You're quite right with the bit in bold, but that doesn't describe us! The whole 'boot room' thing, as described by Levein, was to develop young coaches within the club, and give them the chance to progress as and when they were deemed ready to do so.  As of now, we've had two changes of head coach/manager since the initial structure was put in place (i.e Levein as DoF and Neilson as Head Coach), and on both occasions, the club have decided that promoting someone from within the existing coaching team is not the correct option to take.  I'm not saying we've necessarily made the correct appointments on either occasion (let's face it, we haven't!) but we haven't used the so-called 'boot room' strategy either time, so it's a bit odd to be arguing that we should ditch a strategy that we haven't actually employed in the first place!

So you want Daly? Levein chose Cathro, so he decided not to promote Daly. 7 months later and MacPhee didn’t want it, Levein wanted Daly to get the job then but the board decides against his bootroom idea. It’s not some revolutionary idea, if a coach at the club deserves a chance they will get it, Kirk is a future Hearts manager/HC for example. Daly and Fox not so much.

4 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Meanwhile, back in the real world, 95% of Hearts fans do not want rid of Craig Levein

Really!! Absolute Nonsense. The level of abuse directed at Levein in the ground and in Gorgie Road would suggest otherwise. Maybe you haven’t been to games in the last year.

1 hour ago, ScoPo said:

45% worryingly think Levein's scattergun, wasteful transfer policy is somehow worth retaining.  Incredible.   

Actually the majority at 52% want him retained in some role. Interesting. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

93% want him removed as head coach - even more “interesting”!

2 hours ago, Prof said:

Really!! Absolute Nonsense. The level of abuse directed at Levein in the ground and in Gorgie Road would suggest otherwise. Maybe you haven’t been to games in the last year.

I'll stand by my opinion. The percentage of Hearts fans who want rid of Craig Levein is not 95%. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Indeed. That is clear as day. The extremists need to pipe the **** down. 

41 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Indeed. That is clear as day. The extremists need to pipe the **** down. 

I see the LDL are getting mouthy again! 🤔

45 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I'll stand by my opinion. The percentage of Hearts fans who want rid of Craig Levein is not 95%. 

My opinion that I’ll stand by is that it’s about 96% who want him out as head coach 

41 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Interesting but not really very interesting 

..... assuming everybody (and as an assumption it’s a stretch judging by many comments posted here) that’s voted are season ticket holders and FOH contributors that’s c. 12,000 ST holders and c. 7,000 FOH contributors that have not expressed an opinion - the significant majority are silent!

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

..... assuming everybody (and as an assumption it’s a stretch judging by many comments posted here) that’s voted are season ticket holders and FOH contributors that’s c. 12,000 ST holders and c. 7,000 FOH contributors that have not expressed an opinion - the significant majority are silent!

Yes I know - see the post I responded to...

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Agreed However not all hearts supporters are members of jkb so not every fan is in a position to vote on here.  If some clever person was to do an analysis of percent/average on here who have voted (whatever their vote was) compared to the jkb ers who have not voted, then big that stat up to say our average home support this season, by the law of averages that should give us a fairly accurate percentage of our supports vote..........  This sounded much easier in my head...... come on smart person, you know what I mean 😁

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I see the LDL are getting mouthy again! 🤔

The majority want him to stay as at the club in some capacity, deal with it. 👍🏼

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Assistant tea boy would be apt.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Only the “majority” that voted on JKB as pointed out by Jambo Fox.....

Saying that 93% that voted want him sacked as head coach - suggest you deal with that! 👍

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Only the “majority” that voted on JKB as pointed out by Jambo Fox.....

Saying that 93% that voted want him sacked as head coach - suggest you deal with that! 👍

I could say the same thing about a silent majority of Hearts fans that aren’t against the idea that Levein May be given more games as manager. 😁

Clearly there’s many who have a deep dislike of Craig Levein,  like yourself for instance and I’d take the 3rd option with a pinch of salt simply because of that. 

👍🏼

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not really any different to what I said. Same numbers. 

49 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

And 47%+ want him gone completely, not exactly a glowing endorsement to move forward with.

Can anyone give some valid reasons why they would want to retain Levein as either head coach or director of football? He has failed with the football department, and think the only suitable role for him would be head of youth development. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And 47%+ want him gone completely, not exactly a glowing endorsement to move forward with.

Even ignoring the numbers, there is simply no coherent argument for keeping him. ‘It might turn out for the best’ seems to be all people have and hopeless straw clutching is no strategy.

Johnny Sandiego
16 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Can anyone give some valid reasons why they would want to retain Levein as either head coach or director of football? He has failed with the football department, and think the only suitable role for him would be head of youth development. 

I think he can still make a good DOF but with some clear guidence on what the role does and doesn't include. No more involvement with 1st team matters, no imvolvement with match day preparations, no more note passing and all the other stuff that went on with Cathro and Neilson.

I think his work with the accademy has been excellent and he's also done a good job at selling the club to new signings like Naismith and Whelan, who we otherwise might not have got. He is good at contract negotiations too as we've seen with tying down key players like Souttar and Haring.

The million dollor question is can he fully remove himself from 1st team match day affairs and only focus on the other stuff. Would a new head coach be put off by his presence? Who knows, but i think he deserves a chance to go back up stairs.

Craig Levein has big problems!

He’s more intelligent than the average Hearts fan! This means, he can, ‘see the big picture’ and is able to ‘connect the dots’! He’s also able to manage to a budget and understands why doing so is important!

He’s certainly got problems at present!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I could say the same thing about a silent majority of Hearts fans that aren’t against the idea that Levein May be given more games as manager. 😁

Clearly there’s many who have a deep dislike of Craig Levein,  like yourself for instance and I’d take the 3rd option with a pinch of salt simply because of that. 

👍🏼

How do you know there is a “silent majority of Hearts fans” who want Levein to be given more time???

The answer is you don’t.

The reaction against Levein from all round the stadium on Saturday was anything but silent!!

As for a paid up member of the LDL taking anybody voting to get rid of Levein with a pinch of salt - what a surprise! 😂

Lockie still head tea boy?

Club Ambassador and doing a fine job! 👍

54 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not really any different to what I said. Same numbers. 

Thought I’d quote both for a bit of balance! 👍

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Craig Levein has big problems!

He’s more intelligent than the average Hearts fan! This means, he can, ‘see the big picture’ and is able to ‘connect the dots’! He’s also able to manage to a budget and understands why doing so is important!

Is he indeed!! Did you read Budge’s recent statement about Levein’s poor organisational abilities????

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Lockie still head tea boy?

Our 'Tea boy' wouldn't have us sitting 11th in the league with half the squad. What does that make Levein?

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How do you know there is a “silent majority of Hearts fans” who want Levein to be given more time???

The answer is you don’t.

The reaction against Levein from all round the stadium on Saturday was anything but silent!!

As for a paid up member of the LDL taking anybody voting to get rid of Levein with a pinch of salt - what a surprise! 😂

You don’t know that either. 🤷‍♂️

But what we do know is that from a sample of over 1,000 Hearts supporters, the majority want Levein to remain as DoF at the very least and I’m fairly certain that would be the case if we could ask everyone. 

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Our 'Tea boy' wouldn't have us sitting 11th in the league with half the squad. What does that make Levein?

Do you think we’d finish 11th like? Early days. By the end of September we could easily be 3rd and into another Semi Final. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Do you think we’d finish 11th like? Early days. By the end of September we could easily be 3rd and into another Semi Final. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Locke would have won more points that Levein so far. Probably would have done better last season too. 

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Locke would have won more points that Levein so far. Probably would have done better last season too. 

Maybe. Certainly wouldn’t have taken anything less than their all. I like Lockey, would never say anything bad about him, PHM.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You don’t know that either. 🤷‍♂️

But what we do know is that from a sample of over 1,000 Hearts supporters, the majority want Levein to remain as DoF at the very least and I’m fairly certain that would be the case if we could ask everyone. 

Correct but I’m not the one suggesting what the “silent majority” think of Levein!

With respect you cannot be “fairly certain” either - you are just guessing!

So we can only go with the reaction in the stadium, other social media like Facebook and the JKB poll - of 1,000 who voted 93% want him removed as head coach!

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Aw naw, please not the ‘Gary Locke wasn’t that bad’ chat.

He was shockingly bad.

And Levein would have done better with a 15 point penalty and a signing embargo would he????  Not a chance!!!

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Aw naw, please not the ‘Gary Locke wasn’t that bad’ chat.

He was shockingly bad.

Naw he wisnae, but whether he would have made a good coach in the Premier League is a different question. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And Levein would have done better with a 15 point penalty and a signing embargo would he????  Not a chance!!!

Totally different debate.

I would be delighted if Locke took over till the end of the season but it won't be happening.

Levein appears to be the absolute definition of stubborn.  Won't be leaving until at least the takeover and that's 6 months away.

Just utterly depressing.

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Totally different debate.

Just putting the “shockingly bad” comment into context.

10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'd happily see Lockey take over in a caretaker role once Levein gets binned. Not long term though. 

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I would be delighted if Locke took over till the end of the season but it won't be happening.

Levein appears to be the absolute definition of stubborn.  Won't be leaving until at least the takeover and that's 6 months away.

Just utterly depressing.

Is that the level of ambition? Gary Locke? 

Craig Levein’s future is going to be determined over the next 3 games. Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen are must wins if he’s going to survive. Anything else and the vitriol will become impossible for Ann to ignore. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Agreed However not all hearts supporters are members of jkb so not every fan is in a position to vote on here.  If some clever person was to do an analysis of percent/average on here who have voted (whatever their vote was) compared to the jkb ers who have not voted, then big that stat up to say our average home support this season, by the law of averages that should give us a fairly accurate percentage of our supports vote..........  This sounded much easier in my head...... come on smart person, you know what I mean 😁

Simples.

I know quite a lot of Jambos, through work and family  and not one of them wants him to stay as manager. Not sure where this alleged silent minority are hiding.

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Is that the level of ambition? Gary Locke? 

Craig Levein’s future is going to be determined over the next 3 games. Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen are must wins if he’s going to survive. Anything else and the vitriol will become impossible for Ann to ignore. 

Indeed Des.