Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

5 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

You mean like Naismith or Walker? 

Yes, but stronger and less injury prone.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Cant seem to quote that Zvonomir twat so will just say this.

I have text one of my mates (not a close one mind) who works for the Welsh FA as a football development officer and asked him about Damour. 

He says he's brilliant at breaking up play and has tons and tons of energy and will be a massive success up here. He also stated that he couldn't believe he didnt get more game time in the EPL last season (he's not a fan of Warnock though granted).

So, Zvonomir, sounds a bit more promising than your 'mate' who is a season ticket holder who says he's shite. Football supporters are not to be trusted when it comes to these things.

I, for one, am ecstatic about this signing and think he's going to be magic.

My nail has been firmly stuck to the mast. Feel free to shove this in my face if I am wrong.

I think the main giveaway that Zvonimir is at it is that he claims to have a mate. Hopefully he's been launched along with his post. 

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I just looked it up, its Low-eek

Some won’t bother with how it’s pronounced. He’ll no doubt be getting called “Booooooooooooooo!” By the end of his first game. 

Tommy Brown

Can we run a sweepstake for when he will get his first red card.

OF refs are not going to like this guy.

Edited by Tommy Brown

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Box to box I reckon.     

□ 》》》 □

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Loves a sliding tackle, also. Just looked at video on YouTube😊

28 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Nobody strolls it in the SPL. 

So true you have to graft for everything in the midfield up here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye well they can away an rim each other that shower of shite. 

Nap, Stewart's Sunday analysis,  a sure sign of Levein being negative 

Coburg Hearts
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Got to be played tomorrow.

Also hoping this is not the Worst Dollar Levein ever spent, as opposed to pound

If so, there will be a Stewart's inquiry. :winkiss:

tolcross lad

Should add a bit of quality in midfield.My brother in law who lives in Cardiff and is a Bluebird fan reckons Damour will do well for us.So I am optimistic about this signing.

Great news.

That's a real increase in quality in over the window so far.

Hopefully we can avoid injuries like last year.

Clerry Jambo

Well done the club for getting this over the line, no guarantee of success with any signing but at least the weakest part of the team is being dealt with.

Whilst it's good to get him tied up, I am a bit surprised it's a 4 year contract. This needs to work out as our recent history on giving long term contracts has bitten our arse with the likes of Martin and Samon. Fair enough with Naisy as you know what you're getting. Damour though? I'm wary but, let's see what happens.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Super_Hans said:

At 28 years old, 29 in January, it will be nice to sign someone who should be in the prime of their career. Applies to Washington too if he can find his touch in front of goal.

4 years for a 29 year old. Ridiculous. Obviously I'm rounding up with the age thingy. 

Welcome to Heart of Midlothian. The greatest football team ever.

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Whilst it's good to get him tied up, I am a bit surprised it's a 4 year contract. This needs to work out as our recent history on giving long term contracts has bitten our arse with the likes of Martin and Samon. Fair enough with Naisy as you know what you're getting. Damour though? I'm wary but, let's see what happens.

He played nearly every game that saw Cardiff promoted mate. He wasn’t floating around Scandinavia....

chester copperpot
Just now, Jammy T said:

He played nearly every game that saw Cardiff promoted mate. He wasn’t floating around Scandinavia....

Tbh Levein has played a blinder this close season.

Not even the CL critics can dispute that.

I had a meltdown a few weeks ago after the East Fife game as I was pissed and I was pissed off but would like to see what he can achieve this year. 

alwaysthereinspirit
43 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I don’t know a single Cardiff season ticket holder.

Me either so my opinion is therefore a moot point.

Come on Hearts.

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

I had a meltdown a few weeks ago after the East Fife game as I was pissed and I was pissed off but would like to see what he can achieve this year. 

Well said! 

Nookie Bear

The transfer business has been excellent. I have my doubts as to whether he can get the best out of them, but we shall see 👍🏻

Coburg Hearts
10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

STFY

I am tempted to replace Stewart with Spanish. (In fact, i'd replace Stewart with anything 😉)

Just now, Jammy T said:

Yes, i'm aware of that. After watching the video highlights I said he looks decent, a bit of everything in his game and could well be a very good signing. I also said that I was surprised he didn't get more games when they were promoted, and even more so as they were struggling a lot of the time. Maybe Warnock didn't rate or fancy him at that level, we'll never know. Anyway, let's hope we don't get our fingers burnt and he turns out to be the missing link in midfield.

The Internet
6 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

4 years for a 29 year old. Ridiculous. Obviously I'm rounding up with the age thingy. 

Welcome to Heart of Midlothian. The greatest football team ever.

Until he's 29 he's 28 and that's a fact. 

DjmT7_KW0AAKyfH.jpg:large

The Future's Maroon

Unfortunately, they will.

Get another midfielder and keeper and we look ten times stronger than last season.

I'm positive about the season ahead.

From Cardiff fans forum 

Re: ' Loic Damour '

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:58 am

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Apparently signed a 4 yr contract with Hearts. He played brilliantly at Wolves 2 seasons ago keeping Neves quiet. Hope he has a good time north of the border. Sadly he had very little opportunity to play at City.

StT.
<><

I see very little difference between him and Bacuna except the 4m fee.
2blue2handle

Edited by Australis......

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Looks as though you're limbering up  for criticism and he has not played one single minute for us.

Every signing needs to work out in an ideal world but you never know until they play.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Looking forward to seeing a big improvement in the middle now. Welcome to the club Loic. Hope you do well. 

I have the feeling we have hit the jackpot this time. 

Best transfer window in a long time, still a chance we will sign Whelan too. Far more positive for the season ahead now.

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The transfer business has been excellent. I have my doubts as to whether he can get the best out of them, but we shall see 👍🏻

This is the bit that still worries me. Going to get my positive head on though and come back after the first round of games.

We need a song for Loic.

Oh Damour, 

The hearts are counting on you

Oh Damour,

**** the Hibs and we will love you. 

To Erasures 'Oh L'amour' 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Looks as though you're limbering up  for criticism and he has not played one single minute for us.

Every signing needs to work out in an ideal world but you never know until they play.

No criticism from me Al, was just surprised at the length of contract. The overall point was though that we've had our fair share of players like Martin and Samon that did next to nothing on longer contracts and something that i'm sure Craig has thought hard about before agreeing a deal. Let's hope he kicks on right from the start and gets stuck in.

23 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye well they can away an rim each other that shower of shite. 

I skim read kickback these days, reading posts without necessarily looking at the posters name. I ALWAYS spot a Jonno post instantaneously tho. Never change mate, yer style is ****ing spot on 🤣👍🏼👍🏼

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wh-en Scott Brown gets hacked down like a ****ing wee clown,

That's Damour-e

When the ball's at his feet you know you've been beat, by Damour-e

When you see the all Hibs, with broken ribs

That's Damour-e

Excuse a me can't you see that his name's Loïc Damour-e...!

Sorry.

:(

:yas:

:bravo:

😂

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Agreed. Every player has either English Championship or EPL experience or has played in the Scottish Premiership or with Naismith, played in all three leagues. Only a White is a risk and that is due to his long injury layoff. That risk has been mitigated by the emergence of Hickey, who was signed by Hearts from Celtic under Levein’s watch!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wh-en Scott Brown gets hacked down like a ****ing wee clown,

That's Damour-e

When the ball's at his feet you know you've been beat, by Damour-e

When you see the all Hibs, with broken ribs

That's Damour-e

Excuse a me can't you see that his name's Loïc Damour-e...!

Sorry.

:(

Don't be sorry, that's pretty good that :pimp2:

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Best transfer window in a long time, still a chance we will sign Whelan too. Far more positive for the season ahead now.

If we could add Lafferty and Whelan,  Aberdeen would be shitting their pants!

alwaysthereinspirit
11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Until he's 29 he's 28 and that's a fact. 

DjmT7_KW0AAKyfH.jpg:large

I couldnt not. Absolute classic. 

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Disappointment always kicks in when we see every signing as a potential Messi etc. We've got some decent players now, and Levein has the job of moulding them together and getting the best out of them as a team. Starting tomorrow......!!

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

No criticism from me Al, was just surprised at the length of contract. The overall point was though that we've had our fair share of players like Martin and Samon that did next to nothing on longer contracts and something that i'm sure Craig has thought hard about before agreeing a deal. Let's hope he kicks on right from the start and gets stuck in.

I think the length of contract offers protection all round. The guy is in his prime and imo comes with a better pedigree than those you mention. I think he’ll be desperate to do well. He could have sat on his arse making money.