Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think you are missing you are missing my point. Aberdeen’s first goal was a hoof up the park after Gigantor and the wee Irish fellah wrestled Uche to the ground, without  anything given by the officials for the umpteenth time. They are absolutely hooftastic, and we found ourselves dragged in to a battle. Once Naismith and Washington came on, we were the only side playing the ball on the deck, until we lost a man and a penalty. Once we sign a decent defensive midfielder our defence and attack will both be far better. The point is, the lazy stereotype of Hearts being a big physical side and overly direct has stuck, to the point where even Hearts supporters trot it out. Fans of Aberdeen and Hibs have some cheek coming out with it since both their teams are every bit as bad as ours for it and often worse. Reading comments from our fans nodding along with it is pretty nauseating. 

That is exactly how I seen it. Only 2 positions required for me.

GK & DM

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Banderson the first man on the spot to recycle someone else's news.    Top gadge.

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Reading between the lines I think the club want a permanent deal as they have faith in him and don't want to lose him after one season especially if he performed well

He'll still be on decent wages though even with a pay off or subsidy on his first years wages from Cardiff City

Any signing is a gamble but at least he's the midfielder many have trolled us...sorry told us we require whilst Haring is absent

Yes, the fact that we have been pushing for a permanent deal for him tells us that he's not being viewed as simply short term cover for Haring.  If that was the case, a loan deal would have suited us.  Still hopeful we can get Whelan in as well, just not sure if it's an either / or situation or whether we would be in a position to sign both, if possible.

BarneyBattles44
13 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Looks like he knows what to do when there's green n white involved. 

Edited by BarneyBattles44

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Banderson the first man on the spot to recycle someone else's news.    Top gadge.

He makes the runs. He’ll get a few tap ins playing like that. Needs a partner who puts the work in to create his chances though.

Do you think our dealings with Warnock over Paterson has maybe helped make this permanent, in terms of him being informed who is interested and allowing him to go ?

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He makes the runs. He’ll get a few tap ins playing like that. Needs a partner who puts the work in to create his chances though.

Sports desk poacher.     

BarneyBattles44
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Haring / ?

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Looks like he knows what to when there's green n white involved. 

What?

So haven’t bothered watching YouTube videos of him as we’ve been stung by that before, however did watch an interview with him on signing for Cardiff 2 years or so ago. “I like defence and to attack, I bring a lot energy”  

Could be exactly what we’re looking for.

Edited by droid

BarneyBattles44
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What?

Take the ball n leave offending wearer of green n white sprawling on the grass like a new born Colt

7 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Take the ball n leave offending wearer of green n white sprawling on the grass like a new born Colt

Fair dues, that a great simile. I’m nicking that. 

BarneyBattles44
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Fair dues, that a great simile. I’m nicking that. 

The best bit is the simile is FREE. Hopefully brings US luck.

The Horse Whisperer

BarneyBattles44

I was suggesting Haring as the man for Damour . unfortunately injured . ? Was asking who else can do the job 

Edited by BarneyBattles44

BarneyBattles44
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd still take James Morrison 

The more experience the stronger we become

I ken f-all about the laddie, but I’m getting caught up in the hysteria. I’m a shameless bandwagon jumper. 😄

BarneyBattles44
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

kebab in the left hand, 'you were looking at ma bird...'

steamboats, the spectacle, 

Sounds like Baggio n Others.

Sign him now

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think you are missing you are missing my point. Aberdeen’s first goal was a hoof up the park after Gigantor and the wee Irish fellah wrestled Uche to the ground, without  anything given by the officials for the umpteenth time. They are absolutely hooftastic, and we found ourselves dragged in to a battle. Once Naismith and Washington came on, we were the only side playing the ball on the deck, until we lost a man and a penalty. Once we sign a decent defensive midfielder our defence and attack will both be far better. The point is, the lazy stereotype of Hearts being a big physical side and overly direct has stuck, to the point where even Hearts supporters trot it out. Fans of Aberdeen and Hibs have some cheek coming out with it since both their teams are every bit as bad as ours for it and often worse. Reading comments from our fans nodding along with it is pretty nauseating. 

When the football gets results it’s not an issue. unfortunately we have to suffer bad football and bad results. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Yes, the fact that we have been pushing for a permanent deal for him tells us that he's not being viewed as simply short term cover for Haring.  If that was the case, a loan deal would have suited us.  Still hopeful we can get Whelan in as well, just not sure if it's an either / or situation or whether we would be in a position to sign both, if possible.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Reading between the lines I think the club want a permanent deal as they have faith in him and don't want to lose him after one season especially if he performed well

He'll still be on decent wages though even with a pay off or subsidy on his first years wages from Cardiff City

Any signing is a gamble but at least he's the midfielder many have trolled us...sorry told us we require whilst Haring is absent

Is it not Damour pushing for a permanent deal rather than Hearts? Think Warnock has maybe helped us out on this one by making paying his contract in full and allowing us to gain the advantage. Pure speculation on my part. Not ITK, but probably more ITK, than most who claim to be ITK!

Graham Thomson
1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

Do you think our dealings with Warnock over Paterson has maybe helped make this permanent, in terms of him being informed who is interested and allowing him to go ?

I think your right, I get the impression Craig and Neil Warnock get on well and have a good relationship.

I haven’t seen him play so can’t get too excited but the Cardiff fans seem to like him and he sounds like he can give us the bite in midfield to let Walker and Clare play. Fingers crossed!

Exciting signing if it goes through, particularly if permanent. A wee bit of research suggests he's a cut above what we already have and of a quality that's above what our budget would traditionally allow.

Craig has signed well this window. No doubt about it. If he can get this squad functioning and, with luck, avoiding long term injuries, we could be in for a good season.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

If he's only got a year left on his Cardiff contract and they're willing to let him go out on loan for that year, it's pretty much irrelevant to them if he goes on a permanent deal instead, other than the financial details.

He's not going to be getting the same wages from us as he's been on, so if he comes on loan, Cardiff are likely to have to keep paying a substantial percentage of his contracted wages for the season, topping up what we're willing and able to pay. On the other hand, if it's a permanent deal, they might have to pay him a lump sum in partial settlement of his contract. The bottom line is though, either way he leaves Cardiff for good.

BarneyBattles44
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is it not Damour pushing for a permanent deal rather than Hearts? Think Warnock has maybe helped us out on this one by making paying his contract in full and allowing us to gain the advantage. Pure speculation on my part. Not ITK, but probably more ITK, than most who claim to be ITK!

The interesting part for me when i was on transfermarket ( ITK) yesterday. Damour has been Free moving on transfers up untill now. 

Value £675 th. You may well be clued up ITK as how a deal may be worked  n you dont claim to be like a few here. ITK.  some post in good faith / will etc. Im  trying to figure out what agenda others have. Thanks for your not so ITK thoughts. In the know or not in the know ? This is the question.

Come off the bench against RC.  Full 90 minutes in the demolition of Motherwell before turning his attention to Scott Brown.

That's how I see it.

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Deffo been speaking to Calum Patterson. If he does sign I'd say Paterson would've put a good word in about the club etc. 

StevenNaismith

Saw a photo of him apparently arriving at Edinburgh Airport earlier on Facebook but can’t find it now. Was posted by a young Hearts fan. May already have been posted as not read the thread. Apologies if it has been.

4 hours ago, salvo69 said:

Strong and likes a tackle.i like how he wins the ball fairly but you can tell he has strength unlike the thug 

Broony was fouled in the Euro game and the offender was only given a yellow card.  The Scottish (Celtic) reporter was outraged.  Should have been a red.

The tragedy is, in Scotland, it would have been.  Really hope this guy plays him off the park in a couple of weeks.

Judging by that photo of him clattering into the bloke in the green and white jersey, I reckon he will romp through the Hibs hating course Locky runs.  Also reckon he'll love Parkhead.

Hope I'm not getting too carried away.

Time for the dreaded Utube highlights, the boy looks like a player but then again don't they all in the Utube context:

pettigrewsstylist

Without knowing the money context, this is the sort of pedigreee  i realistically expect the club to be  competing for. Will trust CL, and prob Patersons opinions, that he could cope with Jan, midweek, Kilmarnock, etc.

Looks like a positive, always on the front foot, head up, looking for the forward pass kind of player. Hmmm, who'da thunk it eh? 

A Cardiff pal off mine says he'll do really well up here and that the boy has bags off talent. Not afraid of a challenge and brilliant at winning the ball back 

7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

A Cardiff pal off mine says he'll do really well up here and that the boy has bags off talent. Not afraid of a challenge and brilliant at winning the ball back 

If that’s accurate, then just watch the affect that has on Berra and Clare, once he finds his feet. 👍

1 minute ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Absolute certainty to be sent off against Celtic

One of the glaring things that struck me about that video, was the referees were much better than ours. They let the games flow.

Can't wait to hear three and a bit patrtially filled stands singing rat-a-tat-a-tat during those down times when we're not booing.  How about:

Loic Damour

Rat-a-tat-a-tat

He heates the Hibs

Plays in maroon

Rat-a-tat-a-tat

Loic - Loic - Damour

He plays like Djoum but looks better.

But he doesn’t look like a replacement for Haring. 

If if we get him we still need a Haring type player eg Whelan.

Edited by Jammy T

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)