Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, JohnB said:

This song has been buzzing in my head ever since we were linked with Damour.

Ready made for I think. Can just hear them crowd singing "RATA TATA TA"

Reminds me of my very young years, old dear listening to Terry Wogan and Jimmy Young and Saturday night cabaret type entertainment, thank **** for Subbuteo  :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Wonder if the big man, Callum Paterson put in a word for us

99.99% certain he would have.

Jambo 4 Ever
27 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

This could turn out to be an amazing signing. Suddenly we now look like a much stronger side on paper. Get Whelan in too and (on paper) we could blow the majority of the teams away.

So make some noise, you gorgie boys, we’re going to Europe :yas:

on what basis though?

none of us have seen this guy play... and he could me another Martin

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

on what basis though?

Other  then being negative on what basis could he turn out to be another Martin?

gashauskis9

Lots of folk saying that a 4 year deal is a risk given what happened with Martin and Sammon.  I would argue that with his calibre and experience of playing at a higher level,  giving him a short deal at his age could have been a risk because he’d end up leaving for feck all if he proves to be a real success up here.

We’re building for the future and that includes making sure that when players move on we make a tidy profit which can reinvested in the first team and the Academy.

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Tbh Levein has played a blinder this close season.

Not even the CL critics can dispute that.

I had a meltdown a few weeks ago after the East Fife game as I was pissed and I was pissed off but would like to see what he can achieve this year. 

Good on you, Chester.  :clap: 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, superjack said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think this signing is as big as Naismiths?

I do.  I’ve no idea why, I’ve just got a hunch.

Independence
7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

on what basis though?

..or he might bee able to fly! Let's just wait and see!

Brick Tamland
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

33 posts. such cynicism from one so young. 

Typical arsehole Hobo hurting like mad and pretending he has a mate. I would have quoted his post but it appears to have disappeared...

Back on topic, know nothing about Loic but having a quick internet scan he looks like a decent signing for us and he kicks off his career tomorrow with a victory.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Lots of folk saying that a 4 year deal is a risk given what happened with Martin and Sammon.  I would argue that with his calibre and experience of playing at a higher level,  giving him a short deal at his age could have been a risk because he’d end up leaving for feck all if he proves to be a real success up here.

We’re building for the future and that includes making sure that when players move on we make a tidy profit which can reinvested in the first team and the Academy.

Yep.  He hasn't been injured, just of of favour in a very strong Cardiff team.

The fans appear to be disappointed he was leaving and that he never got more game time.

Time will tell, but I think this is a fantastic signing.

The boy will be raring to go.

A guy who played the majority of games for a team in the Championship who got promotion sounds like a good signing to me.

Next level up is the EPL and let's be honest we ain't going to be signing any regular starter from that league.

Welcome Loic.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

No criticism from me Al, was just surprised at the length of contract. The overall point was though that we've had our fair share of players like Martin and Samon that did next to nothing on longer contracts and something that i'm sure Craig has thought hard about before agreeing a deal. Let's hope he kicks on right from the start and gets stuck in.

Let's hope so but as I say every signing is a risk and Sammon and Martin were signings of RN and IC respectively at a time when we (probably) had less money to buy better players.  You can't keep harping on for ever about the likes of Sammon and Martin.  At some point, for your own sanity, you need to move on.

If you want better players  you would expect to be offering better terms and if that's (4 years) what we had to do, so be it.  The length of the contract could work against the player too.

Robbo-Jambo
48 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Signed Naismith on a four year deal last week, so would now seem to be the norm. Next four year deal needs to be young Aaron Hickey. 

Make his 8 years 😉

Jambo 4 Ever
16 minutes ago, Independence said:

..or he might bee able to fly! Let's just wait and see!

I'm all for waiting and seeing - but it's the ones who think he will be amazing that get me

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

It can be quick. We apply to FA in this case. Might be busy today though. 

I believe the FA brought in a load of school leavers and job experience people to process the paperwork.

Mr Elwood P

Anyone else watch his YouTube highlights and wonder how we've signed him? Seems to have a knack of tackling a player but turning the tackle into a forward pass. Very very promising, even if it is only a snapshot of his performances. 

Shanks said no
29 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

on what basis though?

Mr Positive strikes again

you must be a joy to live with

OmiyaHearts
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Anyone else watch his YouTube highlights and wonder how we've signed him? Seems to have a knack of tackling a player but turning the tackle into a forward pass. Very very promising, even if it is only a snapshot of his performances. 

I'm always wary of videos but i agree. Almost every tackle seemed to be perfect and resulted in retaining the ball and starting a counter.

Haringshairband
2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Mr Positive strikes again

you must be a joy to live with

He seems to be the type of person who would moan at his Mrs about a damp patch on the bed, after getting his hole.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I'm all for waiting and seeing - but it's the ones who think he will be amazing that get me

A lot less risk taking a player from the English Championship than a foreign league. The lad played a full season as Cardiff were promoted and also got 4 EPL appearances. The Championship is the same league that Lafferty, Naismith, Scott Allan and Greg Stewart couldn't get a game in. Coupled with his clips on YouTube and first hand accounts of his performances, fair to predict that this is going to be a very strong signing.

Shanks said no
11 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You really are at it now Shirley?

i know I am not the happiest guy in the world, in fact my mum often said I was smiling on the inside, but you are something else. 

All true Hearts fans hope he will be a success, that’s the difference between us and you. 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Disappointment always kicks in when we see every signing as a potential Messi etc. We've got some decent players now, and Levein has the job of moulding them together and getting the best out of them as a team. Starting tomorrow......!!

We certainly do have a decent team - a decent squad, even - and i am hoping that we can really kick on and push for 2nd.

As long as we remember to order plenty of cotton wool for Naismith...

36 minutes ago, superjack said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think this signing is as big as Naismiths?

Possibly but his contract will be finishing when he's around Naisy's age - and still younger than Whelan.

I have one big reservation about him - weegie refs!

20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Flogel used to do that.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Possibly but his contract will be finishing when he's around Naisy's age - and still younger than Whelan.

I have one big reservation about him - weegie refs!

Yes, I mentioned that the other day when I saw his video. Likes a wee tackle to himself. I wonder who will get the foul each time him and Scott Brown come together? Although I think I already know the answer deep down.

Welcome to the famous Loic! Looks like a great signing, seems a proper workhorse who'll break up opposition play all day long.

The best thing about this is that we're able to make these kind of signings already, while still finishing off the main stand and paying off the debt. Wait until that's finished, and we'll be unstoppable! 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Fine.

In: Craig Gordon, Kyle Lafferty and Glenn Whelan.

loan: Wighton, Keena

One way trip into outer space: Bobby or Doyle, let them fight in the Octagon. Winner gets blasted. 

Happy? 

Happy as Larry (Kingston).

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sounds promising but I've never seen the guy play so I will remain cautiously optimistic till he pulls on maroon. Welcome to the famous.

25 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

The evidence points to him being a level above what we are used to.

Why not try and be positive until proved otherwise ?

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Ironically you are ignoring that Clare is a purely attack minded player, who needed defensive support. Doesn’t quite fit your critique though.

Again, I’m afraid we’ll need to agree to disagree my learned friend. I haven’t seen anything since he’s been here to convince me he is a player. He has so many weaknesses as a player. You see something I don’t apparently. Which critique are you specifically referring to ? 

davemclaren
53 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A guy who played the majority of games for a team in the Championship who got promotion sounds like a good signing to me.

Next level up is the EPL and let's be honest we ain't going to be signing any regular starter from that league.

Welcome Loic.

Absolutely. If he had been a regular player last season he wouldn’t be signing for us. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Absolutely. If he had been a regular player last season he wouldn’t be signing for us. 

And the Cardiff fans seem to wish he had played more last year!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Something that bothered me last season, and so far in this one, is the amount of times a good tackle is made in midfield/defence but the ball is not retained. Often there are sufficient Hearts players around the ball but still it ends up back with the opposition or goes out of play for a throw to them. Not only are the opposition regaining possession, the opportunity for a counter-attack is lost. If Damour (and hopefully Whelan) can put an end to this by tackling and retaining possession, then I believe we will have taken a major step forward with this (these) signing(s). They might not be creative, but they both look like the players to stop the opposition being so while getting the ball to the players who can create (hopefully) enough chances to make a difference.

I am not convinced we need or should keep pursuing Whealan.  

We already have enough experienced players in the squad to bring on the young players.

Irving and Cochrane both need room / space in the squad to feature this season.

The guy clearly isn't desperate to sign for us.

We now have Haring, Damour, Clare, Bozanic, Irving, Cochrane all competing for two central midfield positions. (I haven't mentioned Lee as I think he will be away).

I'd rather we brought in another striker than a central midfield player.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

I am not convinced we need or should keep pursuing Whealan.  

We already have enough experienced players in the squad to bring on the young players.

Irving and Cochrane both need room / space in the squad to feature this season.

The guy clearly isn't desperate to sign for us.

We now have Haring, Damour, Clare, Bozanic, Irving, Cochrane all competing for two central midfield positions. (I haven't mentioned Lee as I think he will be away).

I'd rather we brought in another striker than a central midfield player.

Nah, 

Edwards left, Djoum left, Lee is going. 

Haring is out. 

Bozanic isn't good enough to be a starter, Clare is a work in progress. 

Irving, Cochrane aren't good enough yet over a season. 

Walker was signed, but we're still light on numbers in there. 

A guy that played almost 40 games for a promotion winning team is an instant upgrade, even if just for a season and brings our numbers up as well. 

It won't be a good signing unless he wants to be here and gives his all.

I suspect he has all the ability needed. Just need him to show it.

What does international clearance mean? He is French if he wants to sign for us he can as at this moment in time were are part of the EU?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

What does international clearance mean? He is French if he wants to sign for us he can as at this moment in time were are part of the EU?

Clearance from the English FA. 

Cruyff Turn

This boys going to be our Kante. All rounder. 

Cracking signing and we’ve got him for his best years.

Interesting to hear we’ve been trying to sign him for years and that his pal Clevid was helping CL out with the deal.

Seems to me also that Cardiff might be topping up his wages for this season to allow this move to happen.

Said it before, CL is building a belter of a squad.

Welcome to Hearts Loic!  Have to say I'm surprised he agreed to sign after he seen our DISGRACE and SHAMBLES of a pitch :lol: