Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We hardly punted the ball when Neilson was in charge. Sidewards passes usually resulted in a pass into midfield, not an aimless punt upfield.

Well I've just watched Aberdeen pass it from side to side only to launch aimlessly into the box. 

But apparently their manager is ahead of ours elsewhere tonight 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We were bad for it last week with Dikamona being the worst culprit. Our players come to life when Naismith comes on and we start attempting to actually play football. We were the exact same as the last time we played at Aberdeen. Not good enough for me although I'll accept we were against a good Aberdeen side. More work needs to be done on the training pitch. Too many sidewards passes and punting it for Uche. 

That's not from me being 'dim-witted' or listening to other fans. I'm very much aware of what's happening when Naismith isn't on the pitch, not like some who think two 6th place finishes were down to just bad luck.

I think you are missing you are missing my point. Aberdeen’s first goal was a hoof up the park after Gigantor and the wee Irish fellah wrestled Uche to the ground, without  anything given by the officials for the umpteenth time. They are absolutely hooftastic, and we found ourselves dragged in to a battle. Once Naismith and Washington came on, we were the only side playing the ball on the deck, until we lost a man and a penalty. Once we sign a decent defensive midfielder our defence and attack will both be far better. The point is, the lazy stereotype of Hearts being a big physical side and overly direct has stuck, to the point where even Hearts supporters trot it out. Fans of Aberdeen and Hibs have some cheek coming out with it since both their teams are every bit as bad as ours for it and often worse. Reading comments from our fans nodding along with it is pretty nauseating. 

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

2 year deal with 1 year option. 

It will be done tomorrow, by 6pm. 

Nice one ... I heard it was going to be a loan deal and Hearts were looking for a similar deal to Naismith with an the option to sign if the player liked our offer and terms.  So its a perm deal?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

We obviously remember it differently. Felt at times we’d be as well taking the goals down. Just as slow and laboured under Robbie as just now 

Maybe in short periods when we had to dig deep. Other times it was open.  3 3 draws 4 3 wins, quite a variety 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think you are missing you are missing my point. Aberdeen’s first goal was a hoof up the park after Gigantor and the wee Irish fellah wrestled Uche to the ground, without  anything given by the officials for the umpteenth time. They are absolutely hooftastic, and we found ourselves dragged in to a battle. Once Naismith and Washington came on, we were the only side playing the ball on the deck, until we lost a man and a penalty. Once we sign a decent defensive midfielder our defence and attack will both be far better. The point is, the lazy stereotype of Hearts being a big physical side and overly direct has stuck, to the point where even Hearts supporters trot it out. Fans of Aberdeen and Hibs have some cheek coming out with it since both their teams are every bit as bad as ours for it and often worse. Reading comments from our fans nodding along with it is pretty nauseating. 

Spot on. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Well I've just watched Aberdeen pass it from side to side only to launch aimlessly into the box. 

But apparently their manager is ahead of ours elsewhere tonight 

They are the biggest hoof merchants in the country. Proper garbage. But aye, Hearts are the hoofball side... 🙄

Lord Beni of Gorgie

:bravo:

Can you accompany me to work tomorrow?

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe in short periods when we had to dig deep. Other times it was open.  3 3 draws 4 3 wins, quite a variety 

I wasn’t necessarily slagging off Robbie. More making the point in my opinion it wasn’t much different to just now.

Its nowhere near as bad as people are making out. 

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

i like your optimism but not feeling it

I'm beginning to get nostalgic for the days when you just asked 20 million inane questions per day!

8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good post Dat 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

We obviously remember it differently. Felt at times we’d be as well taking the goals down. Just as slow and laboured under Robbie as just now 

We were one of the top scoring teams in Europe in the Championship season and 3rd top scorers in the Premiership in his only full season in the Premiership, 2nd top scorers when he left I think. Goals weren't a problem under Robbie.

BarneyBattles44
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We were one of the top scoring teams in Europe in the Championship season and 3rd top scorers in the Premiership in his only full season in the Premiership, 2nd top scorers when he left I think. Goals weren't a problem under Robbie.

Add. Top of the league

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/08/08/hearts-set-to-complete-the-signing-of-loic-damour-on-friday-as-discussions-over-cardiff-release-continue-transfer-news-deadline-day-neil-warnock/

HEARTS expect to complete the signing of Cardiff City midfielder Loic Damour on a permanent deal in time for their Premiership clash against Ross County.

The 28-year-old was initially offered to the Jambos on a season-long loan after falling out of favour with the Bluebirds, with reports suggesting those terms were all but agreed.

However, the clubs were locked in talks throughout Thursday as the Jambos pushed to secure the former France under-20 international outright.

That would require Cardiff to either annul the final year of Damour’s contract or accept a modest fee for his services, with Hearts not in a position to pay a significant transfer sum

Nevertheless, sources close to the discussions were confident that an agreement will be struck by Friday.

Damour was due to arrive in Edinburgh on Thursday evening for advanced contract talks and, barring any unforeseen hitches, will become their fifth summer signing on Friday. He could make a whirlwind debut against the Highlanders at Tynecastle.

There was interest in Damour from his homeland, where he has previously turned out for Strasbourg, Boulogne and Frejus Saint-Raphael, but the player wanted to remain in British football.

Great news 

Coburg Hearts
26 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This in Spades. (and Hearts) 

26 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Bang on. Aberdeen  I felt were fortunate not to receive more cards against us. I found it ironic listening to the howls of complaint from the home fans when Uche outmuscled any of their players. But some of the "challenges" by their players were atrocious.

Byyy The Light
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I’ve looked at the stats 59 goals in 38 matches in the season we came 3rd.

1 more than St Johnstone

4 more than Ross County

5 more than Inverness

In a league without Rangers and Hibs.

Again, not slagging off Robbie. I made the comparison purely to highlight I don’t think things are as bad as folk make out.

31 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Spot on, strange behaviour to knock your own team but admire others for the same style of play.

Same as the levein is a negative bottle merchant. It's like they get their football knowledge from the daily record.

Just now, Jim Panzee said:

Bang on. Aberdeen  I felt were fortunate not to receive more cards against us. I found it ironic listening to the howls of complaint from the home fans when Uche outmuscled any of their players. But some of the "challenges" by their players were atrocious.

Yet here we are almost a week later and all you read are comments about how we are a big physical hoofball team with a battering ram up front, and Aberdeen are some kind of footballing equivalent of Royal Ballet. It’s horseshit, and I can understand Hibs and Aberdeen fans regurgitating it, but not Hearts.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Spot on, strange behaviour to knock your own team but admire others for the same style of play.

Same as the levein is a negative bottle merchant. It's like they get their football knowledge from the daily record.

They get it from their mates who support rival teams, I reckon. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Who has ever once said on here Aberdeen play good football?  They play dirty hoof ball but effective football that has them in most semis and finals and also Europe every season.

Levein is a negative football manager.  To say otherwise is ludicrous.  He’s not a bottle merchant though.  

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Their football knowledge can be written on the back of a stamp with room to spare.

Inch Hearts

Yet here we are almost a week later and all you read are comments about how we are a big physical hoofball team with a battering ram up front, and Aberdeen are some kind of footballing equivalent of Royal Ballet. It’s horseshit, and I can understand Hibs and Aberdeen fans regurgitating it, but not Hearts.

When does anyone ever say Aberdeen play good football? That doesn’t mean the majority of hearts play is also hoofball. 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

When does anyone ever say Aberdeen play good football? That doesn’t mean the majority of hearts play is also hoofball. 

The point is people do not say Aberdeen play hoofball, they say Hearts do. Even when we are the only team even trying to play football in a match, the same folk trot out the same pish. It’s bad enough when it’s other clubs fans and officials lap it up, but when our own supporters label us thus, we have a problem. It’s like some folk either don’t watch the games and just parrot utter garbage, or they watch the games and only notice the negatives whilst ignoring the positives. Either way it’s lidicrous.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’ve looked at the stats 59 goals in 38 matches in the season we came 3rd.

1 more than St Johnstone

4 more than Ross County

5 more than Inverness

In a league without Rangers and Hibs.

Again, not slagging off Robbie. I made the comparison purely to highlight I don’t think things are as bad as folk make out.

Sick of the highlighted part, although I agree with you in general.

They weren't in the league because we pumped them silly the season before and then Motherwell knocked 6 past rangers over two games to finish it off. Folk use this to discredit Robbie and down play his progress all the time, not saying you are but it is irrelevant. Hibs never even got promoted the season after.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Who has ever once said on here Aberdeen play good football?  They play dirty hoof ball but effective football that has them in most semis and finals and also Europe every season.

Levein is a negative football manager.  To say otherwise is ludicrous.  He’s not a bottle merchant though.  

The point is that folk use hoofball to slate CL and Hearts, without realising we do it no more than anyone else.

Worse still, Hearts fans use it against the club all the time and join in with the likes of that  tool Stewart and hibs fans in using it against Hearts.

Effective football is a different debate and should be debated, hoofball is just shit stirring by hibs and some numpties on here.

48 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Bang on! 

Nookie Bear

I’m not sure we are anything like a hoofball team, certainly no more or less than anyone else. 

I’m not really sure what we are tbh. A mish mash of many styles, but master of none right now. 

Just now, JamboAl said:

Is this thread about Damour or has it been sidetracked successfully again?

It’s about Damour. Apologies everyone for being a part of the dragging off topic. Just a bit sick of reading the same old pish about our style of play.

That would be impressive to get the guy on a permanent likes.    Takes a bit of cash.    Budget aided by extra income streams... like events hire at Tynecastle.

It's almost as if it's worth the trauma of seeing a wee bit broon grass.     

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

GW got his own thread 

Well, that’s him told!

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

The Off Topic Brigade would of told you

:facepalm: Not another?

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well, that’s him told!

That's the off topic brigade....off of the Internet :)

BarneyBattles44
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well, that’s him told!

Forgive me i was too busy scoring goals to go to school . I make sure I put effort in from now on. 'SIR' LOL

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It really gets on my tits

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Forgive me i was too busy scoring goals to go to school . I make sure I put effort in from now on. 'SIR' LOL

:thumbsup:

Yes, good post.

I don’t think many teams master the ball on the deck for a huge percentage of a game apart from possibly Celtic.

We can look at Hearts solely though and still bemoan too many long balls but it doesn’t necessarily mean we do it more than others. I think we mix our game up and I’ve always liked variety over predictability. 

The problem for us is doing the key things well and more often. Hopefully this season that’ll change though and we got a wee glimpse last week of what Hearts are capable of in the last third.  

Reading between the lines I think the club want a permanent deal as they have faith in him and don't want to lose him after one season especially if he performed well

He'll still be on decent wages though even with a pay off or subsidy on his first years wages from Cardiff City

Any signing is a gamble but at least he's the midfielder many have trolled us...sorry told us we require whilst Haring is absent

Guess The Crowd

👍🏼

2 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

This

I know. Can the arseholes who think their opinion is so important move along. They’re so boring and tedious. Just love the fact we may be signing Damour permanently and not a loan 👍

heartandsoul
2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I know. Can the arseholes who think their opinion is so important move along. They’re so boring and tedious. Just love the fact we may be signing Damour permanently and not a loan 👍

Agree Baxfee. Will be a great signing if it goes through ok tomorrow.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)