Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

2 hours ago, Pie_Heid said:

Time for the dreaded Utube highlights, the boy looks like a player but then again don't they all in the Utube context:

Looks immense (I know...) . Exactly the sort of player we could've done with on Sunday. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

Watched  the YouTube vid of him earlier and his first few tackles he would have received a yellow up here with our corrupt refs who strain the wrists trying to get the cards out against us. 

I remember we had a defensive mid (big black guy?) he got a yellow every game (first 7 games from memory) when he first started and was eventually suspended. I can see Madden an co licking their lips if we sign this guy. 

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Watched  the YouTube vid of him earlier and his first few tackles he would have received a yellow up here with our corrupt refs who strain the wrists trying to get the cards out against us. 

I remember we had a defensive mid (big black guy?) he got a yellow every game (first 7 games from memory) when he first started and was eventually suspended. I can see Madden an co licking their lips if we sign this guy. 

Adao, wasn't it?

Can imagine he's just out of his Edinburgh hotel bed this morning and looked out of the curtains and thought....TAE FECK WITH THIS!!!

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Sad but true.

14 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Absolute certainty to be sent off against Celtic

To be fair with the way refs are when we play them that could be any player on our side

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Can imagine he's just out of his Edinburgh hotel bed this morning and looked out of the curtains and thought....TAE FECK WITH THIS!!!

He’s been living in Wales man!

39 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If that’s accurate, then just watch the affect that has on Berra and Clare, once he finds his feet. 👍

You'd like to think that would free up Clare to run with the ball and let Damour do the doggy work for him. I'm almost afraid to get excited about a signing coming in as we've had that much piss through our doors in recent years. Hopefully Damour is different.

Just now, kimosavi said:

You'd like to think that would free up Clare to run with the ball and let Damour do the doggy work for him. I'm almost afraid to get excited about a signing coming in as we've had that much piss through our doors in recent years. Hopefully Damour is different.

We have had a mixed bag. That’s for sure. 

Just now, kila said:

He’s been living in Wales man!

Wales!

Well he'll get sunburn the day then 😎

We could sign Busquests, Pogba and Kroos and it wouldn't make Clare any better. Also regarding Berra, the issue is when we don't have the ball and its played long, he cant turn, will be very surprised if he is consistent starter if Soapy stays.

Back on topic, never seen Damour play, not even on You Tube but there is something that tells me he will be an excellent signing. 

11 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think you are missing you are missing my point. Aberdeen’s first goal was a hoof up the park after Gigantor and the wee Irish fellah wrestled Uche to the ground, without  anything given by the officials for the umpteenth time. They are absolutely hooftastic, and we found ourselves dragged in to a battle. Once Naismith and Washington came on, we were the only side playing the ball on the deck, until we lost a man and a penalty. Once we sign a decent defensive midfielder our defence and attack will both be far better. The point is, the lazy stereotype of Hearts being a big physical side and overly direct has stuck, to the point where even Hearts supporters trot it out. Fans of Aberdeen and Hibs have some cheek coming out with it since both their teams are every bit as bad as ours for it and often worse. Reading comments from our fans nodding along with it is pretty nauseating. 

Best post on here for ages :2thumbsup:

The Internet

Yeah I don't know what it is but this guy just seems to have the air of a sure thing about him. Hope we get him over the line and written off after 3 games cos I can't be doing with any positivity. 

2 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

We could sign Busquests, Pogba and Kroos and it wouldn't make Clare any better. Also regarding Berra, the issue is when we don't have the ball and its played long, he cant turn, will be very surprised if he is consistent starter if Soapy stays.

Back on topic, never seen Damour play, not even on You Tube but there is something that tells me he will be an excellent signing. 

So little understanding in one post. Obtuse or genuine?

FarmerTweedy
10 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I’m not getting over excited until I see a scary above his head. Hopefully today. 

Just anything scary, or something specific? 

15 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Adao, wasn't it?

Yes that’s him. Tough player who’s hard tackling was easy meat for our refs.

The Internet
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Just anything scary, or something specific? 

Scott brown preferably. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If that’s accurate, then just watch the affect that has on Berra and Clare, once he finds his feet. 👍

Like what exactly?

The Old Tolbooth
51 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Absolute certainty to be sent off against Celtic

That was my thoughts too, Celtic players are allowed to tackle like that, but you can't tackle them back the same way otherwise it's an early bath! 

At 28 years old, 29 in January, it will be nice to sign someone who should be in the prime of their career. Applies to Washington too if he can find his touch in front of goal.

46 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I’m not getting over excited until I see a scary above his head. Hopefully today. 

Here’s his signing picture!!

2A12CD29-3500-4AE4-BBE6-FBB852D82ED2.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm taken odds on what his first injury will be.  Ligament damage at 5/1 is a great bet.

Odds on a leg break due to playing on yellow grass must be around evens. 

57 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

He plays like Djoum but looks better.

I agree but I still feel that Haring will be our best looking midfielder.

4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Different roles though Haring will do the job of what he done in the cup final ( which he does great ).This guy will have his defensive duties but also get up and support further forward as well imo.

I think we will be playing a 4231 which means Clare dropping out or a 433 if Clare is playing.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Different roles though Haring will do the job of what he done in the cup final ( which he does great ).This guy will have his defensive duties but also get up and support further forward as well imo.

I think we will be playing a 4231 which means Clare dropping out or a 433 if Clare is playing.

As always I was trying to be funny and it didn't work.  I was just being silly and literally comparing them aesthetically.  I agree with you fwiw.

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

A box to box midfielder?

40 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Like what exactly?

If he is the player the Kimo’s mate describes, and if his video is an accurate representation of how he normally plays, then those attributes will help every other player who he connects with. Clare can concentrate on finding angles and runners to hit with through balls and short diagonal balls. He will already find this easier once Naismith and Washington are in the side anyway, as their movement gives him options. 

Berra will benefit from having someone in front of him who protects the defence, and minimises his need to venture in to the middle of the park so regularly, a place where he often gets caught out. He will also benefit from having a player who looks for the ball and who’s instincts are to get the ball moving forwards and build attacks. You will see less artillery passes when we have a player who shows deep for the ball, and has the ability to push forward with it.

Played at a decent level for a Neil Warnock team which tells you that you will get industry and work rate. If he does the donkey work and let's the creative players kick on in the final third then that's what we need. 

Could set up similarly to Chelsea when they won the league with Kante and Matic in midfield, Haring being Matic, holding down the central position, winning headers and dropping in when needed and Damour playing the Kante role, buzzing all over the park trying to win back the ball

Leveins Battalion
37 minutes ago, WageThief said:

He is very sexy :fonzie:

I'll reserve judgement til I see him play. Not knocking the boy at all, but he's not really got a CV that's making me jump through hoops in excitement.

I find it a bit funny that some are branding this guy a great signing, but people were knocking Glenn Whelan.

grumpyespana
43 minutes ago, WageThief said:

What ever turns you on lol.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
32 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

If we got Whelan - ignoring Damour for the time being - whilst Haring is out i’d love to try 4-1-3-2 at home but with the midfield 3 all being attacking minded - like a more attack minded version of 4-2-3-1

The 3 would be fluid but would be Walker from the right, Clare in the middle, Naismith left - again I stress not rigid when we have the ball.

Uche and Washington up top.

I do think Uche and Washington need to play close to each other.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

I'll reserve judgement til I see him play. Not knocking the boy at all, but he's not really got a CV that's making me jump through hoops in excitement.

I find it a bit funny that some are branding this guy a great signing, but people were knocking Glenn Whelan.

These are all fair points. Something that I have noticed happening quite regularly when it comes to signings of this nature, is that people automatically assume that a player who has played in the Championship will thrive up here. You get the statements about how it's a much higher level and so he will breeze it up here in the shitty SPFL Premiership. Plenty players come up here and do not make the impact they expect. It is definitely worth waiting until they arrive before making bold statements. We need players that fit the descriptions we seem to be getting of Damour, and Whelan. but it still remains to be seen whether or not either of them or both of them would be able to produce it up here. Tzsiolis, Kitchen, Pallardo, Watt and Duada suggest it's better to wait and see what a player looks like in situ before assuming what they will do.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Cygnet said:

Transfer window will have slammed shut by then 😔

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

These are all fair points. Something that I have noticed happening quite regularly when it comes to signings of this nature, is that people automatically assume that a player who has played in the Championship will thrive up here. You get the statements about how it's a much higher level and so he will breeze it up here in the shitty SPFL Premiership. Plenty players come up here and do not make the impact they expect. It is definitely worth waiting until they arrive before making bold statements. We need players that fit the descriptions we seem to be getting of Damour, and Whelan. but it still remains to be seen whether or not either of them or both of them would be able to produce it up here. Tzsiolis, Kitchen, Pallardo, Watt and Duada suggest it's better to wait and see what a player looks like in situ before assuming what they will do.

I think that may have more to do with attitude rather than ability.

If a player comes up here with the mindset that "it's  a shitty league and it will be easy" they will soon be found out.

The quality may not be as good as some leagues, but the commitment and effort can't be faulted

Probably repeating stuff but was told this morning that Callum Paterson gave a glowing report about Damour. Said he’d be a cracking acquisition. All action style, likes to attack and make tackles. 

Whelan has defo been training with us but it’s still in the balance as to whether he’ll sign. 

As I say, plenty already said on the subject but this has come from as good a source as you’ll get. 

8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Glenn Whelan has spent most of his career playing in the PL and Championship as well as a lot of caps for Ireland. Far more promising than Damour's. I try not to pre-judge any player we sign, because ultimately it's what they do in a Hearts jersey that matters. But I just laugh at our fans as a whole when they shoot someone like Wheland down but talk about Damour like he's some massive coup.

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Glenn Whelan has spent most of his career playing in the PL and Championship as well as a lot of caps for Ireland. Far more promising than Damour's. I try not to pre-judge any player we sign, because ultimately it's what they do in a Hearts jersey that matters. But I just laugh at our fans as a whole when they shoot someone like Wheland down but talk about Damour like he's some massive coup.

Whelan is 35, Damour is 28...it makes a big difference. Just look how quickly Berra has fallen apart; not saying that will happen but I can absolutely see why people are wary of signing a guy of his age who gets mixed reviews from the fans of a club that just released him.

Hopefully we sign both and they are both great.

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Cygnet said:

:laugh2:  Whoops!!  Fat fingers on a smart phone keyboard don't always mix!!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)