Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

Unknown user
Just now, ZvonimirBoban said:

4 years seems ridiculous. My best mate is a season ticket holder at Cardiff and says he’s pathetic. This will be another Malaury Martin IMO. What a ridiculous length of contract for someone so bereft of talent.

That's the spirit

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

AlphonseCapone
Just now, ZvonimirBoban said:

4 years seems ridiculous. My best mate is a season ticket holder at Cardiff and says he’s pathetic. This will be another Malaury Martin IMO. What a ridiculous length of contract for someone so bereft of talent.

Your best mate must not have a clue as he's the only apparent Cardiff fan to say anything like it. Don't worry, all clubs have those sorts of fans 👍

Welcome!

Can't say I know much about him and other than Cardiff his background seems a bit 'meh' but hopefully it works out. 4 years does seem a lot.

Hope to see him crunching into Scott Brown, Arfield, Jack, Allan etc... 😀

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, ZvonimirBoban said:

33 posts. such cynicism from one so young. 

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

What's telling is the Cardiff fans questioning them letting him go. Must have been rated quite highly (by the fans) if they wanted to keep him at the club. Seems we have a good relationship with Cardiff after the Paterson transfer and will more than likely helped in us needing to pay any fee on this one.

Welcome Loic to Edinburgh's finest. 

Good relationship or not Warnock will always be a prick.

Ann - Craig, NW next manager please.

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Superb, looking forward to seeing him!

For those who didn't click the link, here's how the club teased the signing by the way

EBhEzmKW4AAGBnl.jpg.79579ebb8d73bce1f964657e10c4a174.jpg

Hopefully there's enough juice left for another glass. 

Glamorgan Jambo

You'd have thought that with Scot Allan scoring a late winner to get their league season off to a flier Hibs fans may have been excited about the new season. Oh well logic and Hibs was never a realistic combination.

PS Welcome Loic

...a bit disco
Just now, Barack said:

I know someone who works for Cardiff City...(as you know...😎)

Top:

Screenshot_20190809-104024_Google.jpg

By default, so do I.

:lol:

Sexton Hardcastle

It’s like Vanecek again. 

Boys losing themselves in hype about. A player they know little about, hasn’t played much of late and having mental expectations.

The same crowd will have the daggers out at 5pm Saturday when he has a bad touch/cross/game.

Bookmark it.

13 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Boy I used to work with if from Cardiff and has had a ST for years, said Damour is a decent player. Not quite EPL standard but reckons he’ll stroll it in Scotland. Fingers crossed.

Nobody strolls it in the SPL. 

August Landmesser
22 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Au dessus la tête j'espere!

Oui, d'accord!

Decent signing on paper, though haven't seen him play.

Now lets get an attacking mid in. 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

It’s like Vanecek again. 

Boys losing themselves in hype about. A player they know little about, hasn’t played much of late and having mental expectations.

The same crowd will have the daggers out at 5pm Saturday when he has a bad touch/cross/game.

Bookmark it.

It’s not like Vanacek, couldn’t actually be a worse comparison.  

We signed Vanacek in the summer and relied 100% on him keeping in shape until January.  His season in Czech finished in Nov, so the reliance on him keeping in shape was further emphasised.  Add into the mix that we hadn’t had a fit striker/goalscorer for 3 months.

Damour on the other hand has been training regularly and been part of a squad in pre season.  We don’t have that reliance, he should be at least 90% of the way there.  

If only real life football was as simple as taking Cardiff City to 10 consecutive CL victories, within the space of 3 days on FIFA (ir is it FM?)

Damour was first sale.  Messi first purchase, Ronaldo second.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Let’s have more encore ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Got to be played tomorrow.

Also hoping this is not the Worst Dollar Levein ever spent, as opposed to pound

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Might not be the best news for Cochrane and  Irving though from the point of view of game time this season, though we definitely need experience in that area of the pitch. It will be interesting to see how he compares with Djoum. 

Hopefully they will get opportunities throughout the season, if Whelan signs too they will learn a lot from him. They both have plenty of time on their hands, Cochrane might go on loan.

TommiGronlund
16 minutes ago, ZvonimirBoban said:

Wouldnt be kickback without a negative spin on something positive! Enjoy castle greyskull tomorrow! :whistling:

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

It’s like Vanecek again. 

Bookmark it.

Football fans everywhere get excited about transfers, it's always been that way, especially when it's in a key area you desperately need cover for. 

**** reserving judgement, embrace the ups and downs, get excited, that's what's great about football.

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Au dessus de la tête, je pense

Bien sur,  je reconnais que vous avez raison. 😅.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Barack said:

"Looiiiicccc Damooouuuurrrr...ra dah dah da da..."

How are we pronouncing Loic. For some reason I have Luke in my head. Handy for the Skyline restaurant?

Unknown user
Just now, Sir Gio said:

How are we pronouncing Loic. For some reason I have Luke in my head. Handy for the Skyline restaurant?

I assumed Low-itch but I don't know

upgotheheads
23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Superb, looking forward to seeing him!

For those who didn't click the link, here's how the club teased the signing by the way

EBhEzmKW4AAGBnl.jpg.79579ebb8d73bce1f964657e10c4a174.jpg

does Big Sip mean Whellan as well?

Glad we have someone who seems a step up over what we have in midfield. Not expecting him to come in and sort us out right away but maybe he could bring Clare along a wee bit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, rmreido said:

Welcome Loic Damour,👏 hope this works out well, now get Whelan signed up as well.

HHGH

Meh. I'll take Morrison instead, or some Portugese god or the likes that can spray the ball about a bit, opening holes for Denzil, Walker and Naisy to plunder

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Midfield genius, I believe.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Just now, Smithee said:

I assumed Low-itch but I don't know

I just looked it up, its Low-eek

gashauskis9

Just watching his highlights video.  He looks like a direct replacement for Djoum, an all-round midfielder.  Looks a great prospect, very committed.

Whilst a holding midfielder is deemed a must in Haring’s absence, I’d question whether this remains such a high priority if Craig’s intention is to play a back three to accommodate everyone.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Barack said:

Loy-eek.

Yeah that goes well. Cheers. Youngters were trying hard to get Connor Washington going with Spirit in the Sky last week, the sheer simplicity of Steven Naismiths a ****ing goal machine, maybe we can get some noise going again

Sexton Hardcastle
7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

It’s not like Vanacek, couldn’t actually be a worse comparison.  

We signed Vanacek in the summer and relied 100% on him keeping in shape until January.  His season in Czech finished in Nov, so the reliance on him keeping in shape was further emphasised.  Add into the mix that we hadn’t had a fit striker/goalscorer for 3 months.

Damour on the other hand has been training regularly and been part of a squad in pre season.  We don’t have that reliance, he should be at least 90% of the way there.  

The point is people bum signings up just as quick as they write them off days later.

In summary: our fans are goons.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Midfield genius, I believe.

:rudiyas:

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I just looked it up, its Low-eek

:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

No-one can tell for sure from the youtube video but he is clearly different type of player - beast to Martin.

Looks to have decent pace.

Damour and Haring in midfield could work really well as both tackle well and are mobile. 

31 minutes ago, Hercules said:

You do realize you need an attack minded manager to use this formation ?

Also, Clare shouldn’t be anywhere near that first team. 

Ironically you are ignoring that Clare is a purely attack minded player, who needed defensive support. Doesn’t quite fit your critique though.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Just watching his highlights video.  He looks like a direct replacement for Djoum.

Good to know, we can get our booing trousers ready for the weekend. 

14 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Decent signing on paper, though haven't seen him play.

Now lets get an attacking mid in. 

You mean like Naismith or Walker? 

chester copperpot

Cant seem to quote that Zvonomir twat so will just say this.

I have text one of my mates (not a close one mind) who works for the Welsh FA as a football development officer and asked him about Damour. 

He says he's brilliant at breaking up play and has tons and tons of energy and will be a massive success up here. He also stated that he couldn't believe he didnt get more game time in the EPL last season (he's not a fan of Warnock though granted).

So, Zvonomir, sounds a bit more promising than your 'mate' who is a season ticket holder who says he's shite. Football supporters are not to be trusted when it comes to these things.

I, for one, am ecstatic about this signing and think he's going to be magic.

My nail has been firmly stuck to the mast. Feel free to shove this in my face if I am wrong.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Ironically you are ignoring that Clare is a purely attack minded player, who needed defensive support. Doesn’t quite fit your critique though.

This should help Clare a lot. No real excuse for him now is where I stand, its his time to shine, if he can.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Cant seem to quote that Zvonomir twat so will just say this.

I have text one of my mates (not a close one mind) who works for the Welsh FA as a football development officer and asked him about Damour. 

He says he's brilliant at breaking up play and has tons and tons of energy and will be a massive success up here. He also stated that he couldn't believe he didnt get more game time in the EPL last season (he's not a fan of Warnock though granted).

So, Zvonomir, sounds a bit more promising than your 'mate' who is a season ticket holder who says he's shite. Football supporters are not to be trusted when it comes to these things.

I, for one, am ecstatic about this signing and think he's going to be magic.

My nail has been firmly stuck to the mast. Feel free to shove this in my face if I am wrong.

Amen CC.  For what it’s worth, I also know a Cardiff ST holder who thinks he’s amazing and couldn’t believe he wasn’t playing last season when they desperately needed bite in the midfield, so there you have it.

gashauskis9
10 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The point is people bum signings up just as quick as they write them off days later.

In summary: our fans are goons.

Fair enough.  I have every intention of being patient with our players.

Coburg Hearts
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's the spirit

Has he been launched? His pathetic post has.