• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

You wouldn't know what evidence was if it was a wet fish and slapped you in the kipper.

IMO our best performance this season came in the away game at Pittodrie where, but for a moment of madness, we would have come away with three points. 

And just in case you don't know - CLARE WAS PLAYING!

Was he??? He must have been hiding as usual.....

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Perhaps the fans who started to boo when he was coming on as sub on Wednesday

Yes it did happen

I was asking because I wasn't sure if your post was directed to an individual or just a generalisation?

As you will realise I am no fan of Clare however I did not and would not boo him or any other Hearts player just so you know.

And yes I do know it happened as I was there as well.

Thought Sean  Clare showed a bit of class at the end of the game when he took aside Morrison and had a wee word with him . As is mentioned on another thread Clare’s confidence is shot but he took time to console a young team mate who must’ve been stunned at his substitution after not long being on the park . 

I firmly believe he’ll come good but at the minute he needs taken out the firing line however if he is taken out , WHO will be next to get the flak ??? 

6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

WHO will be next to get the flak ??? 

Exactly. Always has to be someone for some on here.

Berra is experienced enough to ignore

it and realise it’s a tiny minority. Youngsters not so much.

To be balanced I would say other teams forums are worse and by a distance (Sevco, Aberdeen)

its always a small majority and some I bet don’t even attend games. I’m sure CL will be stressing that point

Guest ToqueJambo

Glenn Whelan will help Clare get to a better place with us and understand what it takes to be an effective central midfielder. If he wants to play further up Naismith will coach him. He was thrown in at the deep end last season with Djoum the only really experienced midfielder around him. It’s a great opportunity for Clare to learn from these two this season. 

5 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Thought Sean  Clare showed a bit of class at the end of the game when he took aside Morrison and had a wee word with him . As is mentioned on another thread Clare’s confidence is shot but he took time to console a young team mate who must’ve been stunned at his substitution after not long being on the park . 

I firmly believe he’ll come good but at the minute he needs taken out the firing line however if he is taken out , WHO will be next to get the flak ??? 

No doubt Clare is a nice lad.

It is painful to watch a player struggle under low confidence. I haven’t written him off completely but he needs taken out the firing line.

I guess part of the frustration is the amount of times he comes deep to do a 1-2 with Berra only for Berra to then launch it. I also think he struggles with his position on the park unless he has been told tactically to be everywhere.

Leveins Battalion

Clare has been utter honking since signing,I would suggest he looks at Paul Hartleys career at Hearts if he wants some motivation,he either steps up or someone else comes in and who is going to want him if he fails up here?Burton Albion most likely.

Also if players want to dabble in the horrible world of social media then they have to accept the idiots that come with it.

12 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Ooooh! Hark at you, aren't you a wee bitter and angry child.

"One of the worst players we have"? 

Really? Perhaps you should pull your head out of your own arse before commenting. Or at least try to engage your brain, if you have one.

Brilliant. 

9 hours ago, Spoleto said:

You wouldn't know what evidence was if it was a wet fish and slapped you in the kipper.

IMO our best performance this season came in the away game at Pittodrie where, but for a moment of madness, we would have come away with three points. 

Now we know you’re definitely at it. Fair play. A few have bitten including myself. Decent 15-20 mins at Aberdeen. Motherwell away in the cup was far better. You must be at it unless you’re either Sean Clare or a complete cockwomble. 

9 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Our best performance was for 20 mins in a game we lost!!! 

You sound more and more like Levein every day. 

10 hours ago, DH1986 said:

We played better when he was on the bench last night.

The first 45 was our best performance of the season imo and Sean Clare wasn’t involved.

We played better when he was subbed off on Sunday.

We have mostly struggled since he came into the side nearly a year ago.

All the evidence points to one thing.....

We are a better team without him.

Was going to post but can't put it any better than this 👏👏

On 24/09/2019 at 10:36, Clerry Jambo said:

Mothy, he's a pro fitba player ffs!!

Well according to Levein at the HMSA dinner:

Re Clare, says clare is aware of the social media stuff about him. His confidence is shot and reading stuff saying he's crap doesn't help. Craig says not to look at social media but young players do. Also, austin felt that he gets grief for not trying but his stats re distance etc say otherwise and has one of the best stats after games. Craig is trying to manage him, such as by dropping him to the bench v aberdeen but still trying to keep him involved.

Appears I was right, sadly. 🙄

On 24/09/2019 at 10:36, Clerry Jambo said:

Mothy, he's a pro fitba player ffs!!

He's a young guy with no real first team experience before Hearts, no knowledge or experience in dealing with this stuff.

He's a human being no matter what job he's paid to do, and as we've all seen on here some are better at dealing with barbs than others. 

I saw this article on Micah Richards this morning, different circumstances but it shows the mental difficulties faced I think, even though he's paid more than you or I. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49845993

9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Thanks for your support although to be honest I think most people realise that he is just not very good. Some seem to think and I quote "there is a player in there" to which I very much doubt it and agree wholeheartedly with you and your Dad.

My season ticket is in the Wheatfield stand and certainly the majority of fans around me seem to think he is to put it kindly not very good.

Obviously we all see things differently and Craig Levein seems to like him for some strange reason although it will be interesting to see how much game time he gets once, Walker, Naismith and Haring are all fit assuming that ever happens.

Hello mate, no probs. Yes I agree with all you say there and it will indeed be interesting to see what happens when these players return. All the best. 

I think we forget that he's only 22 (I believe) and operating in a high pressure environment. As I understand it he didn't have the standard upbringing in football ie being scouted and attached to a pro club through his youth and teens. 

There's no doubting his technical ability (imo) but he seems to be poor at reading the game and putting himself in the right places at the right time, but there's still time for him to develop. 

Edited by upgotheheads

Let's hope we see a midfield of Naismith, Whelan, Walker, Haring and Damour very soon. And in games when we're 2 or 3 up after 60 mins so we get Sean Clare onto the park for a few cameo appearances and hopefully score a few.

that could be the only way to get his confidence back.

Edited by Jim Panzee

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Let's hope we see a midfield of Naismith, Whelan, Walker, Haring and Damour very soon. And in games when we're 2 or 3 up after 60 mins so we get Sean Clare onto the park for a few cameo appearances and hopefully score a few.

that could be the only way to get his confidence back.

Yeah, that midfield looks tasty. 

Posted already that Sean needs to be earning his place through reserves/bench and agree his confidence is shot. 

Also think he's had a lot on his plate with our squad injuries and chopping and changing, I'm sure to his mind he's trying his best. If I was CL I'd be selling being on the bench to Sean Clare as not being dropped but being given a chance to get on the park for 30 mins in one position / role only.

his run and shot at the game v Aberdeen showed positivity at least - no hiding by passing back or to someone else.

8 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Also think he's had a lot on his plate with our squad injuries and chopping and changing, I'm sure to his mind he's trying his best. If I was CL I'd be selling being on the bench to Sean Clare as not being dropped but being given a chance to get on the park for 30 mins in one position / role only.

his run and shot at the game v Aberdeen showed positivity at least - no hiding by passing back or to someone else.

Glad you mentioned his run and shot v. Aberdeen. 

According to the Clare Boo Boys it never happened. 

There is an element of fanatical paranoia about Clare amongst the sheep in our support.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Glad you mentioned his run and shot v. Aberdeen. 

According to the Clare Boo Boys it never happened. 

There is an element of fanatical paranoia about Clare amongst the sheep in our support.

I expected more of Clare to be fair, it's not happened for reasons I think we all know. Not easy for a 22 year old to take all that on board. Let's hope our senior pro's step up to take the heat off Clare - Whelan is already doing this.

He looks very nervous and kind of soft on the pitch. Not really sure what his best position is or what he does for the team. Hard to see him being a success with us after such an indifferent start but i guess stranger things have happened.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, H2 said:

That says a lot about you!

1 hour ago, H2 said:

That says a lot about you!

So giving an opinion isn't allowed now?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
34 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So giving an opinion isn't allowed now?

We’ve one two games mate so we’re back to pretending we’re a good side and Levein isn’t a busted flush

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We’ve one two games mate so we’re back to pretending we’re a good side and Levein isn’t a busted flush

Got it.

Oh yes, and Sean Clare would be fine if we all said on here that he's awesome!

30 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Maybe we should just try and coach him into being a striker - less to think about and he has had some decent finishes.

Not the worst idea. 6ft 3', so a good height. Finishing seems decent so maybe something to this? 

Don't think he imposes himself very well in games, Meshino has shown more guile in a handful of appearances in taking the ball and driving at the opposition. I think he needs to really look at where he can actually play, where are his strengths? He seems a good lad that wants to do well but I'm not sure Levein is helping him by keeping him in the team. 

I think character counts for a lot and dropping him out the team will be a good test of that to see how hard he fights to get back into the match day squad. 

Clare is very frustrating as he does the occasional thing that makes you think there is a good player in there. He never seems to have pushed on from that though and I doubt now that he ever will. Booing a player coming on is even more ridiculous than booing one going off. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

GIVE THE BOY A ****ING BREAK YOU SHOWER OF *****.

How many games should we give him a break for? Another 50?

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How many games should we give him a break for? Another 50?

How about letting the manager play him or drop him and just support the team during games?

Just now, Pants Shaton said:

How about letting the manager play him or drop him and just support the team during games?

Crazy talk!

Geoff Kilpatrick
30 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

No problem with that. The two are not mutually exclusive.

18 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

What's to post? Decent wins but we are still shite.  Suppose u think everything is rosy in the garden when really we are papering over the cracks.  What makes you think you can come on here and call me an angry little man? Nothing intelligible to post as usual? Roaster.

What makes you think you can come on here and call me a roaster?

All of your posts are a stream of waffle that slag of players and the club and you have the cheek to question my posts you angry little man.

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Won one, drawn one actually.

But then again facts are clearly just a triviality with you boo boys aren't they?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

But then again facts are clearly just a triviality with you boo boys aren't they?

Likewise with those who think Levein should continue as manager.

Some of the stuff on this thread is stoo much. He’s 23 years old, at the real start to his career with hearts, been moved position numerous times, which can’t help.

It isn’t his fault levein kept selecting him when he should’ve been dropped.

He was dropped out the starting line up midweek. Why the constant need to stick the boot in? 

Edited by GinRummy

4 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

GIVE THE BOY A ****ING BREAK YOU SHOWER OF *****.

This!

The haters have already had their say over and over again. 

Give the boy, and us, a break and support the team.

4 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

People broadly do support him during games, with the exception of a small minority. 

But this is a fans forum mate. People are going to discuss the teams performances and who is playing well, who is playing badly etc. 

If you struggle to deal with fans having a differing opinion to you it is likely not the right platform for you. 

26 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

People broadly do support him during games, with the exception of a small minority. 

But this is a fans forum mate. People are going to discuss the teams performances and who is playing well, who is playing badly etc. 

If you struggle to deal with fans having a differing opinion to you it is likely not the right platform for you. 

Aye. I’ve been on this forum for 15 years - understand how it works, thanks.

If the manager says the actions of fans in the stands and on social media are having a detrimental effect on a young lad’s state of mind - I think it seems fair for Hearts fans to lay the **** off.

3 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Aye. I’ve been on this forum for 15 years - understand how it works, thanks.

If the manager says the actions of fans in the stands and on social media are having a detrimental effect on a young lad’s state of mind - I think it seems fair for Hearts fans to lay the **** off.

3 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

We should lay off? The player doesn’t get a hard time for no reason PS. He is in a position of privilege earning top money being a professional footballer and he’s seriously not cutting it.. to the detriment of the team.. If the player is having a crisis of confidence and can’t handle that then take him out of the team.. i still remember folk on here defending malaury martin when it was clear he was a waste of a jersey.. some fans just have blinkers on

Give it a rest FFS!

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Never catch on. 

Not correct. In a cup game the measure of success is getting to the next round or if you are in the final winning it.