Sean Clare.

Whatever

29 minutes ago, WageThief said:

The loveliest part of Fife must contain the nicest cardboard homes, the biggest and best Asda and Tesco, and a nice big ring road so you can get back to civilisation for everything else.

Mate there are some beautiful places in Fife.

It's not Fife that's the problem .

Its Gorgies fifeforlifes eyesight .

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

39 minutes ago, jake said:

Mate there are some beautiful places in Fife.

It's not Fife that's the problem .

Its Gorgies fifeforlifes eyesight .

Yeah I know man, I was just being a bit OTT with Mr OTT.

A lot of Fife is ring roads, supermarkets, and Tony Macaronis though.  Soullessness for me. I'm amazed GorgieFifeLife doesn't crash his car into one of the big roundabouts at the sheer despair of it all.

GorgieFifeLife
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

No way can you be concentrating on the match. 

Smell bullshit in truth 

Wasnt much to concentrate on. Smell what you like.

43 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Yeah I know man, I was just being a bit OTT with Mr OTT.

A lot of Fife is ring roads, supermarkets, and Tony Macaronis though.  Soullessness for me. I'm amazed GorgieFifeLife doesn't crash his car into one of the big roundabouts at the sheer despair of it all.

Hes more likely to hitting roundabouts cos he cant see.

GorgieFifeLife
2 hours ago, WageThief said:

The loveliest part of Fife must contain the nicest cardboard homes, the biggest and best Asda and Tesco, and a nice big ring road so you can get back to civilisation for everything else.

:cornette:

1 minute ago, jake said:

Hes more likely to hitting roundabouts cos he cant see.

Or because he'd be looking at his phone and arguing with people on here.

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

Or because he'd be looking at his phone and arguing with people on here.

The acceptance of mediocrity from some of our support is an embarrassment.  Dont know where your from but I certainly wouldn't swap Fife for Edinburgh 90% of which is a dump.

8 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

The acceptance of mediocrity from some of our support is an embarrassment.  Dont know where your from but I certainly wouldn't swap Fife for Edinburgh 90% of which is a dump.

90% of Edinburgh is a dump..............

Right you are.

As for Clare he needs a break.

Edited by Jamboelite

15 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Do you admit it was a quality ball from Mulraney for the equaliser.

By the way I'm not happy with our results or performances far from it.

But credit where it's due on Mulraneys cross .

Come on admit it.

11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

90% of Edinburgh is a dump..............

Right you are.

As for Clare he needs a break.

He does as did Berra.

I liked Leveins starting line up.

Halkett going off  changed the dynamic .

Hate to stick up for Levein as I've been hard on him a lot recently but that faked up the game plan today.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

:cornette:

14 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

That is true to an extent as a lot of Edinburgh isn't a motorway/retail park built in the last 10 years.

As much as I'd love to see OCS play the Ballroom or go for a late night drive to Asda, I'd just stay in Edinburgh.  I'd maybe even go for an Indian or pizza or some of the other fancy food they have.

GorgieFifeLife
38 minutes ago, jake said:

Do you admit it was a quality ball from Mulraney for the equaliser.

By the way I'm not happy with our results or performances far from it.

But credit where it's due on Mulraneys cross .

Come on admit it.

Aye the ball found the target. What I was meaning was getting the ball down and cutting teams open.  Just dont see enough of it, strikers are starved of service then everyone says they are crap because they dont score.

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Aye the ball found the target. What I was meaning was getting the ball down and cutting teams open.  Just dont see enough of it, strikers are starved of service then everyone says they are crap because they dont score.

I know.

Showed signs on Wednesday.

But I understand your concerns

7 hours ago, NB GIN said:

There is a player in him but his desire workrate is appalling 

A good player can play anywhere on a pitch but when you don’t give 100% it’s not going to happen

He is very lazy 

Do you even read what has been said about him ?

Runs further and runs faster the longest in the team stats....according to you the player who runs further than any other we have has 'desire workrate' issues whatever that means

He has not played as well as we had hoped since arriving, his arrival was built up and hence the sense of disappointment has been greater than some others we have signed, he was and perhaps is still is playing in a side lacking confidence and missing it's best players, now and there is no surprise here bearing in mid the comments of a few on here, we hear he has confidence issues. 

He is also still young and developing.....I'm not ready to give up on him but even if you are you should look at the wording you use when criticising him

He's just being used as a scapegoat by some to carry on their attacks on the club, manager etc

Edited by CJGJ

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Runs further and runs faster the longest in the team stats....according to you the player who runs further than any other we have has 'desire workrate' issues whatever that means

He has not played as well as we had hoped since arriving, his arrival was built up and hence the sense of disappointment has been greater than some others we have signed, he was and perhaps is still is playing in a side lacking confidence and missing it's best players, now and there is no surprise here bearing in mid the comments of a few on here, we hear he has confidence issues. 

He is also still young and developing.....I'm not ready to give up on him but even if you are you should look at the wording you use when criticising him

He's just being used as a scapegoat by some to carry on their attacks on the club, manager etc

People needed someone to label “lazy” with Djoum and Isma no longer at the club. 

10 hours ago, farin said:

The computer confirms he’s not lazy, that’s 1 myth on here that’s been debunked. Everything else is a matter of opinion. 

OK we must all be wrong. We must all be watching the wrong player called Sean Clare. Our apologies.

been here before
1 hour ago, bigdav said:

Fair play to him his girlfriend was sitting in amongst the Hearts fans behind the goal on her own. Shows a bit guts.

Wearing black gear, black hair, nose pierced with a wee hoop, that orange coloured make up and black pencilled in eyebrow combo, 2nd row from the back?

Edited by been here before

15 minutes ago, been here before said:

Wearing black gear, black hair, nose pierced with a wee hoop, that orange coloured make up and black pencilled in eyebrow combo, 2nd row from the back?

That was me mate :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

giphy.gif

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Fife’s got Amazon.  End of. 

And just like the Amazon it has tribes of people who don’t speak the native language. 

23 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Ok then he is amazing total workhorse 👍

23 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I used to run faster and further but I wasn't a good footballer I'm afraid. 

On 28/09/2019 at 16:58, EarnockJambo said:

His game was earlier on... plenty of time to concentrate on our game.

Nailed it. HibbyfromFife would be a more suitable username. I've no Idea how they get away with it.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/craig-levein-explains-why-he-s-taken-sean-clare-out-of-hearts-team-1-5014476

Levein explains why he has taken him out. 

Personally think the lad is still young, it is obviously a step up and the place has been quite toxic for a while. 

Not gonna say he has been great but the lad is trying to play the right kind of football that we want to see but he has obviously been playing in a team lacking so much confidence. That will play a massive factor in his perfomance. He isn’t a young player like Hickey who is playing without fear or a experienced player like Naismith who knows how to drain out the boos. 

Personally I don’t think anything the lad does is gonna be good enough for some. He isn’t liked but he gets far to much stick when there are other players in the team who haven’t exactly set the world alight. 

I for one one believe we have a very good player in our team. And can’t wait to see it come to fruition 

21 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/craig-levein-explains-why-he-s-taken-sean-clare-out-of-hearts-team-1-5014476

Personally think the lad is still young, it is obviously a step up and the place has been quite toxic for a while. 

Not gonna say he has been great but the lad is trying to play the right kind of football that we want to see but he has obviously been playing in a team lacking so much confidence. That will play a massive factor in his perfomance. He isn’t a young player like Hickey who is playing without fear or a experienced player like Naismith who knows how to drain out the boos. 

Personally I don’t think anything the lad does is gonna be good enough for some. He isn’t liked but he gets far to much stick when there are other players in the team who haven’t exactly set the world alight. 

I for one one believe we have a very good player in our team. And can’t wait to see it come to fruition 

Berra has been by far the biggest disappointment this season , but is given much  less abuse , Due to what’s on the bench Clare has been a regular starter and played all over the pitch ( target man/right mid  , right back , right wing , wing back , no 10 ) He has suffered due to others injuries and the fact he plays where he’s told and tries his best , His head hasn’t gone down considering the abuse at games and I’m sure he’s on line and will see the bile whether merited or not I’ve seen and heard racist crap at games / to and from . We have seen far bigger frauds at hearts in the last 15 years , 

Totally agree low confidence and inconsistent team selection is the major issues

6 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Berra has been by far the biggest disappointment this season , but is given much  less abuse , Due to what’s on the bench Clare has been a regular starter and played all over the pitch ( target man/right mid  , right back , right wing , wing back , no 10 ) He has suffered due to others injuries and the fact he plays where he’s told and tries his best , His head hasn’t gone down considering the abuse at games and I’m sure he’s on line and will see the bile whether merited or not I’ve seen and heard racist crap at games / to and from . We have seen far bigger frauds at hearts in the last 15 years , 

Totally agree low confidence and inconsistent team selection is the major issues

Totally agree. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a no.10 by trade get put to right back and slotted in perfectly. 

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

There hasn’t been any dip in form.....he’s played at pretty much the same level since he joined.

This. 
Levein has faith in him though and we have to hope he gets a settled role and repays the faith. 

2 hours ago, Kylejordan said:

Agree with this. Time for folk to get off his back. 

13 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Agree with this. Time for folk to get off his back. 

Unfortunately playing for Hmfc recently is not easy given our form since March . Our expectations are very high when new players come in and hitting the ground running is even more important for players coming in . It’s not happened for the lad but he is still young I’ve not totally lost faith . 

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Pretty much watched him for a full season now. I think the long and short of it he’s just notgood enough. 

i can’t think of one good game above bang average he has had if I’m honest. He has shown the odd flash but never all that consistently over a game. 

He has been played in multiple positions and looks poor to average in them all, with the exception of right back where he is just abysmal,  I don’t see it as a positional thing. 

Are fans getting on to his back now. Yip. However, that hasn’t always been the case and fan/support seems to have not all that much impact on his performance of the park Albeit it can’t help his confidence but it’s most certainly not the reason he ain’t performing. 

That is more likely down to plain old fact he ain’t good enough. I’d love that he proves me wrong but he has shown zero evidence to suggest he will.

Unfortunately I think this is the general consensus for the majority of our fan base 

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

How do we think Clarey done today.............

Thought he started pretty well, had a nice piece of skill in the first half down toward the outer corner of the killie 18yd box, even put some tackles in and won a couple of headers. 

Faded in the second half and seemed back to his usual self. Overall just not got enough grit/fight/desire to apply himself properly for 90mins imo. 

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Poor again for me. Didn’t want to challenge for headers. He is nervous on the ball, same category as Mulraney. We cannot afford players who cannot handle the bad times and the critics. We need leaders on the park and strong minds. 

letsalldothebeattie

That boy is poor but I don’t think he’s being helped by Levein constantly picking him. Today Levein needed to hook him as he was clearly not interested and struggling for confidence and until a manager who can see that comes in and takes him out the firing line for a spell then this will continue to happen. What is the difference between Clare & Zlamal? Levein dropped Zlamal and rightly so he’s been nowhere near the team since. He needs to do the same with Clare

kissthebadge

Embarrassing today.  Body language is all wrong, doesn't face up and his closing down is token at best.   At points today he was walking past his own players when they had the ball.  Low in confidence I am sure plays a part in his performances but a good way to build confidence is to put extra effort in and hope something comes off.  He doesn't have that in his locker. 

His manager's way of relieving the pressure was to drop him to the bench for 2 games, bring him on in both then start him upfront today.  Then, when it clearly wasn't working, his manager allowed him to hide at RM for the remainder of the game. 

Clerry Jambo

Agree with latest posts above, I have said everything I need to about Clare, total non entity

However he is not alone

But as this is a Clarey thread, sorry bud you need to go, and take the gaffer and cohorts with you

28 minutes ago, kissthebadge said:

Embarrassing today.  Body language is all wrong, doesn't face up and his closing down is token at best.   At points today he was walking past his own players when they had the ball.  Low in confidence I am sure plays a part in his performances but a good way to build confidence is to put extra effort in and hope something comes off.  He doesn't have that in his locker. 

His manager's way of relieving the pressure was to drop him to the bench for 2 games, bring him on in both then start him upfront today.  Then, when it clearly wasn't working, his manager allowed him to hide at RM for the remainder of the game. 

You’ve got it all wrong mate - he’s a fantastic player but those nasty comments on Facebook have transformed him into a shit player....

35 minutes ago, Mort said:

Poor again for me. Didn’t want to challenge for headers. He is nervous on the ball, same category as Mulraney. We cannot afford players who cannot handle the bad times and the critics. We need leaders on the park and strong minds. 

Clare and Mulraney are 2 empty shirts.  Clare was marginally better than Jake today, but did his usual vanishing act as the game went on.

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Clare and Mulraney are 2 empty shirts.  Clare was marginally better than Jake today, but did his usual vanishing act as the game went on.

Nobody played well today but anything we created came down Mulraney's side, he never gets the ball early enough to get  any space or a chance to build up pace. Clare started as a midfielder/striker and ended up outside right, no wonder the boy's struggling.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The team was so bad today, I actually thought he was just meh  (it's all relative). I mean, when you've got the ball, who is there to pass to surrounded by utter dross? None of them seem to be on the same wavelength.  It's obvious he actually has some skill along with Hickey and Meshino. Anybody would struggle in a Hearts team at present.

In the context of a mediocre team performance in the first half, he did fine. In the context of a dire second half team performance, he stood out as particularly awful.

He seems to lack any sort of aggression, competitive spirit or will to win.

Could he improve under different management? Maybe, and hopefully. Has he stood out as a poster child for the dismal Levein regime? Absolutely.