Sean Clare.

Whatever

Just now, rick witter said:

What a lot of slavers!!! 

In actual fact as you will see on the match day thread most people saw the starting 11 and knew we wouldn’t win the match. 

Aye, don't let those pesky facts get in the way of a good greet! Dry yer eyes and blow away the spotters.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Sean Clare plays Hearts lose. 

Thats what happens. 

Yes there are a fair few others who are also extremely poor but Clare is ineffective in the majority of matches he plays in. 

Paranoia - look it up in the dictionary.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I see the children are out in force again. 

Some people really need to take a good look at themselves, many of the comments on here are quite disgusting, way over the top and verging on paranoia.

If you want to name players who constantly gave the ball away the names you are looking for are Mulraney and Irving and if you want to name a player who hid in the second half his name was McLean.

Not condoning any disgusting comments however you need to get in the real world and see our poor performances under Craig Levein for what they are.

They are totally devoid of confidence and that is down to Levein's constant tinkering with tactics and his use of players constantly playing them out of position.

We have a massive squad now even taking into account our horrendous injury toll into consideration so why does he not just play a like for like player instead of tinkering?

That for me stinks of panic and not knowing what to do next his constant changes/injuries aside can't and wont help the players develop understandings around the pitch.

It is high time people like you realised the problem is with the management and not the players so stop defending him.

14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

This is where I am , the last thing Sean Clare needed yesterday was to be played up front ( sort off) by the master tacticians , then get moved around the pitch later in the game . The last thing the team needed was a player who’s confidence has been shot to pieces and shouldn’t be near the first team at present . 

Id rather the ire and anger is directed at the current incumbents in the dug out ( technical area🤬) as they’re the ones trying to be too ****ing clever . 

There surely can’t be anyone left defending CL now ? If there is I’d love to hear why they still back him . 

I thought he did okay for about 20 minutes. Worked hard. Competed. Then gave the ball away, got slaughtered and pretty much disappeared. Had zero confidence and needs a break

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not condoning any disgusting comments however you need to get in the real world and see our poor performances under Craig Levein for what they are.

They are totally devoid of confidence and that is down to Levein's constant tinkering with tactics and his use of players constantly playing them out of position.

We have a massive squad now even taking into account our horrendous injury toll into consideration so why does he not just play a like for like player instead of tinkering?

That for me stinks of panic and not knowing what to do next his constant changes/injuries aside can't and wont help the players develop understandings around the pitch.

It is high time people like you realised the problem is with the management and not the players so stop defending him.

You're on the wrong thread Wavy. 

This thread is about Clare, not Levein.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Who brought him to the club and continues to play him?

David McCaig
11 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What a lot of slavers!!! 

In actual fact as you will see on the match day thread most people saw the starting 11 and knew we wouldn’t win the match. 

And knew we wouldn’t score.

Taking half chances is a skill not a lottery... for example

if Bozanic’s chance falls to a player with the heading and finishing ability of Willie Bauld it’s more likely than not a goal, if it falls to Bozanic the expected outcome is exactly what happened!!

16 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He has some talents but doesn't show them often. He is being hopelessly mismanaged though which isn't helping. 

Agree I do think under the correct management he would develop,his positioning and decision making in game is really poor

32 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Yeah, not like anyone else has diverted the discussion from Clare on this Clare thread...

upgotheheads
47 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Aye, don't let those pesky facts get in the way of a good greet! Dry yer eyes and blow away the spotters.

Have a look at the stats again, they appear to me to slightly favour Kilmarnock. The purpose of football is to get shots at the opposition goal and Killy were better at that, and then factor this in: we were the home team; Killie should have been defending for dear life; possession should have been at least 60/40 in our favour; given the difference in resources we should have been at least 2:1 better than them at home in every area, but except for corners we weren't.

And as for the score, well the stats speak for themselves. Hearts 0 Killie 1.

52 minutes ago, Spoleto said:
I know everybody has been hurting after another defeat but the truth is most of us knew that yesterday was going to be a close game, and it was. IF Mulraney had put a challenge in at the back post and IF Hearts had taken one or two of the easy misses then the mood would have been completely different today. 
Possession
Home52%
Away48%

Shots
Home11
Away14
Shots on Target
Home3
Away3
Corners
Home5
Away2
Fouls
Home8
Away9

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:
I know everybody has been hurting after another defeat but the truth is most of us knew that yesterday was going to be a close game, and it was. IF Mulraney had put a challenge in at the back post and IF Hearts had taken one or two of the easy misses then the mood would have been completely different today. 
Possession
Home52%
Away48%

Shots
Home11
Away14
Shots on Target
Home3
Away3
Corners
Home5
Away2
Fouls
Home8
Away9

Stats can tell you anything.  I'd wager that a heck of a lot of that possession comes from zipping around beautiful triangles around the half way line, when it comes to making a killer pass or cross then forget it.  As for the three shots on target we had I'm not sure I can remember any of them. Killie to my eyes yesterday were by far the better team and easily deserved their win.

Possession
Home52%
Away48%

Shots
Home11
Away14
Shots on Target
Home3
Away3
Corners
Home5
Away2
Fouls
Home8
Away9

Incredible you always pop up on threads posting 'positive Hearts propaganda', let's just call that sort of nonsense PHP from now on.

What if's during a game don't matter at the end of the day, and the reality is Hearts form has been shocking for a year!

Though since you do like 'what if's', I do wonder what if Levein wasn't manager :D

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Incredible you always pop up on threads posting 'positive Hearts propaganda', let's just call that sort of nonsense PHP from now on.

What if's during a game don't matter at the end of the day, and the reality is Hearts form has been shocking for a year!

Though since you do like 'what if's', I do wonder what if Levein wasn't manager :D

Here are a couple more what if's then :-

What if we didn't have an entire team out injured.

What if Damour hadn't gone off injured early in the game, enforcing yet another change which some people like to call Leveins "tinkering"

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

What if Damour hadn't gone off injured early in the game, enforcing yet another change which some people like to call Leveins "tinkering"

Sure, but even with injuries we should be able to cope at home with teams with half our budget, and this has been going on for a long time now.

Gorgie Boys are in town.
6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

What IF you weren't the worlds biggest troll?

11 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Stats can tell you anything.  I'd wager that a heck of a lot of that possession comes from zipping around beautiful triangles around the half way line, when it comes to making a killer pass or cross then forget it.  As for the three shots on target we had I'm not sure I can remember any of them. Killie to my eyes yesterday were by far the better team and easily deserved their win.

Seriously?

"by far the better team" ?

"easily deserved their win"?

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

What IF you weren't the worlds biggest troll?

What IF you tried thinking for yourself instead of following the sheep?

Gorgie Boys are in town.
Just now, Spoleto said:

What IF you tried thinking?

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I agree, but I think a lot of it's triggered by the fact that he also doesn't deserve the level of compliment he's had from the management. 

That’s a good counterbalance argument, Smithee, and one that I fully agree with.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Bashed on, this new saying could take off, tbh sean gave the ball away to easily yesterday, 

I’m glad you ‘bashed on’ here, Harold and also make a good point, into the bargain. :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Some of the abuse of Clare on this thread makes me feel embarrassed to be a Jambo. He's a player who should still be developing, which is the basis we signed him on. He's an attacking midfielder (in theory) who has been played wide right and  full-back more often than his natural position. He's being coached  by a manager who (probably) has just lost the plot. He is playing beside a lot of other ordinary players who are struggling too, and yet some of the posters on here focus on him when there's loads of other players who  need a kick up the a**e. God help him if he'd been the one who'd bungled the ball past the post when it was easier to score (Smith) or who missed a simple header (Dikamona).

This is probably true, but then how many other 'star' signings get the same treatment. Steven MacLean for example, 3 goals in how many matches? 

I don’t think I have ever known a Hearts player to take so much stick. He is obviously being used as the scapegoat whilst other ‘under-

performers’ are gliding by unscathed.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

This is where I am , the last thing Sean Clare needed yesterday was to be played up front ( sort off) by the master tacticians , then get moved around the pitch later in the game . The last thing the team needed was a player who’s confidence has been shot to pieces and shouldn’t be near the first team at present . 

Id rather the ire and anger is directed at the current incumbents in the dug out ( technical area🤬) as they’re the ones trying to be too ****ing clever . 

There surely can’t be anyone left defending CL now ? If there is I’d love to hear why they still back him . 

Yep, he seems to be used as the ‘man for all positions’ which is helping nobody, least of all himself.

10 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Seriously?

Kilmarnock had a game plan, stuck to it and won without breaking sweat.

Us, we were all over the place.

15 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Given Damour was already known to be carrying an injury, it’s less a case of what if he hadn’t had to be replaced, and more WTF was he doing playing in the first place. 

Possession
Home52%
Away48%

Shots
Home11
Away14
Shots on Target
Home3
Away3
Corners
Home5
Away2
Fouls
Home8
Away9

Hearts 0 Killie 1

No ifs or buts.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

What IF you tried thinking?

There you go, proving my point, thanks for that.

You don't  have an original thought in your head.

Tell me, did you take ANY positives from yesterdays game?

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I’ll  sneak in an answer that one.. my mates have bought me hospitality for the at mirren game for my 40th birthday and my only thought was, cheers - what a horrible waste of money. How bad is that.?

this hearts team are absolutely dogshit - a waste of an afternoon.. and your favourite player is also dogshit.. I’m actually sick of the sight of all of them.. ****ing highly paid losers.

Edited by kingantti1874

8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Childish comment .

What if you looked at the table?

What if you looked at the results for the last calendar year?

What if you looked at our shit play?

Our long term contracts ?

Our  dwindling support?

The lack of youngsters going to Tynecastle?

You are either thick a hibee or dont mind wasting money to see a shite performance week after week after week

Gorgie Boys are in town.
5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

You really are a top troll. Just enough fishing to try and get a bite. Your mind must be a troubled place. Silly wee troll. 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, jake said:

Childish comment .

What if you looked at the table?

What if you looked at the results for the last calendar year?

What if you looked at our shit play?

Our long term contracts ?

Our  dwindling support?

The lack of youngsters going to Tynecastle?

You are either thick a hibee or dont mind wasting money to see a shite performance week after week after week

What is worrying is the way we concede goals at the minute, the 2 against Hamilton were laughable and avoidable as was that one yesterday.

17 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Let's hear your positives from yesterday

pettigrewsstylist
19 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Do you talk to strangers in pub/in taxi rank/in public like this?

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Regal Kingston said:

Got back in the team far too easily. Needs a lengthy spell out where he can find exactly what type of player he wants to be and work on various aspects of his game.  

I’d rather have a youth player in now. At least he would deserve the opportunity 

Was only taken out cause we shouted louder and a few bairns kicked a door. Craig never really wanted to drop him. Transparent IMO.

40 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Sure, but even with injuries we should be able to cope at home with teams with half our budget, and this has been going on for a long time now.

Oh dear, not this budget crap again.  Half of our budget is in the treatment room not on the pitch.  The game isn't played on a balance sheet.

IMO we would not have lost yesterday if Mulraney had made even half an effort at the back post and a certain player had not been in the team.  People, including me, were slating CL pre match for nor selectiing an out-and-out striker but when firstly McLean and then Keena appeared, they did very litlle to make one think CL was wrong.

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Oh dear, not this budget crap again.  Half of our budget is in the treatment room not on the pitch.  The game isn't played on a balance sheet.

IMO we would not have lost yesterday if Mulraney had made even half an effort at the back post and a certain player had not been in the team.  People, including me, were slating CL pre match for nor selectiing an out-and-out striker but when firstly McLean and then Keena appeared, they did very litlle to make one think CL was wrong.

McLean didn't have a great game when he came on but he had one chance and scored. Low down on my list of players to criticise yesterday based on that, which shows how little I rated the rest of them!

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

wrong to sign them in the first time place, no matter which way you cut it - everyone on the pitch, starting or otherwise is his responsibility. His tenure has been a complete failure

32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How about a simple 4-4-2 and have hickey at left back, rather than mulraney covering that side who is defensively poor? 

There are several things the manager got wrong yesterday. 

Edited by jambogaza

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

wrong to sign them in the first time place, no matter which way you cut it - everyone on the pitch, starting or otherwise is his responsibility. His tenure has been a complete failure

Well, possibly but looking specifically at the 3 mentioned

Mulraney - we signed him in exchange for a player whose career was blighted by injury and who I believe has now retired from playing.  Still needs a lot of coaching if he is to succeed.

McLean - CL could possibly have had justification for signing him for one season ( to help bring on and set an example for young players) but I'm afraid his sell-by date has passed as a worthwhile 1st teamer.

Keena - There is time yet for him but up to now he is short of what is required.  This one could go either way IMO.

50 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Do you talk to strangers in pub/in taxi rank/in public like this?

Actually no, I don't. 

But then those people don't behave like spoilt children having a tantrum.

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Spoleto said:

Actually no, I don't. 

But then those people don't behave like spoilt children having a tantrum.

Web based forums are generally public places. Think you should apply same standards. You have no idea to whom you are talking. Your comments could be bullying.

56 minutes ago, jake said:

Let's hear your positives from yesterday

I thought the back three played well and I was encouraged in particular by Dikamona.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

39 pages, probably been said a dozen times and rebutted even more, but Sean Clare is near the top of my list of players in our squad who could be totally transformed under a better manager. 

7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I thought the back three played well and I was encouraged in particular by Dikamona.

They did not play well.

They did enough.

You have very low standards and that's up to you.

But dont call out the rest of us that expect more.

By more I mean much much more and not less than a 10% win ratio.

So is that it?

6 minutes ago, jake said:

They did not play well.

They did enough.

You have very low standards and that's up to you.

But dont call out the rest of us that expect more.

By more I mean much much more and not less than a 10% win ratio.

So is that it?

Feel free to expect more. 

I'll be the realist.

Seriously?

sorry responded before I saw it was from you - I should know better. 🙂

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If a new manager comes in and Sean Clare’s still not delivering, we should look to move him on in the summer. 

You think anyone would offer 1/4 of soor plooms for him?

Only positive I took from yesterday is that we're now a game nearer Levein's departure !

25 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Send him on loan until his contract runs out. 

44 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Interesting comment. Would you say that to him personally?

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Interesting comment. Would you say that to him personally?

He probably wouldn’t becuase life doesn’t work like that but doesn’t make it any less true does it. 

That wasn't even a performance from SC yesterday. He did nothing. A more cowardly player you'll find hard to find. Our players are coached to do things that seem unnatural, like Mulraney who always tries to cross instead of driving into the box with the ball. Meshino was trying hard but the movement from his team mates was shocking. 

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

McLean didn't have a great game when he came on but he had one chance and scored. Low down on my list of players to criticise yesterday based on that, which shows how little I rated the rest of them!

Were you at the game..or even read the papers?