Sean Clare.

Whatever

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So "real" Hearts fans are selective about which poorly performing players to boo then?

That makes Clare a scapegoat until they choose another victim to pick on.

Maybe because Clare was the only one who had started every game until last night. Also the fact that while Mulraney has been poor and can't cross a road at times he at least looks like he is giving it his all. It may be to do with expectation and where they have come from as well. I agree it's wrong to boo a sub coming on. But neither should be regular starters.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

2 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

In the same way some players need managed by shouting at, and some need managed by having an arm round them, players will react differently to booing. 

Whilst no Hearts fan should ever boo their own player coming onto the pitch, have you ever thought it might not help a guy who is already clearly struggling with confidence? 

It's pretty easy for us to sit at a keyboard and say he should react in a different way, but perhaps he will respond better to encouragement?

I already said it is poor patter to boo one of your own players so yes, I agree, it wont have helped his confidence. 

I feel he's been poor since he came to us but the fans have been pretty supportive of him and given him time to settle into the team. However, after a year of poor performances, maybe the fans frustration is more around him constantly being selected when he shouldn't be?  

I don't think he's any good. I dont think "there's a player in there" that some suggest. You could cut him a bit slack if he was busting a gut but it wasnt coming off for him but he isn't. No wonder weve struggled with him in the team as it's like playing with 10 men. 

A_A wehatethehibs

My position that Sean Clare doesn’t offer much to the team is unchanged last night. Actually thought we got worse when he came on. 

39 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Nah fans wont accept a lack of desire and fight for the badge and that is how they show their displeasure with this. Too many snowflakes around.  Either Clare sucks it up and proves himself or he will be away.

Yet another who uses the term snowflake 😂

No player, coming onto the field of play for Hearts, should get booed like that. Any supporter in the stand that does that is a complete moron.

You do realise he was involved in the build up play to the second equaliser, yeah?

Claire isn't a bad player, he is a player short on confidence. Booing the boy when he came on?? Baffling! He's a Hearts player at the end of the day and will always get my support as they all will. Once we get the like of Naismith back you will see a huge improvement in Claire, either from the start or bench.

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

A good bit of the "crap" on this thread has come from you. 

You missed the challenges he put in when he came on and ignore the opinion of many who reckon he was the most effective of last nights substitutes.

Are you going to open a Morrison thread, a Kenna thread or a Mulraney thread?

Mate, give it up. Hes gash. Partick Thistle type player IMO. 

As a BTW, Keena had his chance to shine and state a place for a regular slot. Failed. 

Mulraney at least tries a leg. 

jack D and coke
58 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I already said it is poor patter to boo one of your own players so yes, I agree, it wont have helped his confidence. 

I feel he's been poor since he came to us but the fans have been pretty supportive of him and given him time to settle into the team. However, after a year of poor performances, maybe the fans frustration is more around him constantly being selected when he shouldn't be?  

I don't think he's any good. I dont think "there's a player in there" that some suggest. You could cut him a bit slack if he was busting a gut but it wasnt coming off for him but he isn't. No wonder weve struggled with him in the team as it's like playing with 10 men. 

I’m here. I think that Sean Clare thinks he’s a good player judging by the way he spoke about being a bit like Dele Alli. Imagine comparing yourself to him before you’ve kicked a ball? That was a serious error of judgment on his part. 
However if he’d just got himself wired in and actually looked he was done in when he walked off after some games I think we’d all be much more on side. He doesn’t though he barely looks out of breath Or broke sweat at any point and for me that’s not acceptable being in the engine room. 
Im really not for booing players either off or on but he has to show he’s got some bolloks now. The crunch point in his Hearts career is here imo. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

My position that Sean Clare doesn’t offer much to the team is unchanged last night. Actually thought we got worse when he came on. 

He got brought on in CM and we immediately started losing the midfield battle as he trotted about trying not to break a sweat. 

Hence why he got moved out wide and Irving got brought on. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, JAMBO747 said:

Claire isn't a bad player, he is a player short on confidence. Booing the boy when he came on?? Baffling! He's a Hearts player at the end of the day and will always get my support as they all will. Once we get the like of Naismith back you will see a huge improvement in Claire, either from the start or bench.

Once Naismith and Walker are back I can see him playing for the reserves.........

12 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

The mind boggles at Hearts ‘supporters’ who boo a Hearts player onto the pitch.

Thick *****.

Its a disgrace and beyond embarrassing.  He’s one of ours and booing him on is disgusting. 

These arseholes always have to have someone to boo. Pricks

Edited by 1971fozzy

It's been long over due that he wasn't starting games, he has had chance after chance to "settle in" and "show there's a player in there".

Reality check required, this is him settled in, and this is the player on show. Wrong attitude, which was conceded last season by mcphee and ultimately  just not all that good. 

16 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Ah right., though he meant at the match. 

The booing players is only something that has started happening recently.

These type of people are just angry in general they perhaps football is not for them.

Hopefully fans will start calling this out soon and they will be silenced.

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

He got brought on in CM and we immediately started losing the midfield battle as he trotted about trying not to break a sweat. 

Hence why he got moved out wide and Irving got brought on. 

Exactly. How anyone at the club can think this guy has a future as a central midfield players is beyond me.

Gives the ball away fails to pick up players lacks courage and hardly breaks sweat by mainly jogging about.

Ok some folk think he is maybe lacking in confidence but if that's the case at least show a bit of effort and break your guts trying to show you are giving your all.

He just looks as if he is playing in a kick about with nothing at stake.

The sooner Haring and Naismith are back the better which will hopefully see him drop out of contention.

Just watched the game back on Hearts TV.

Two well matched teams, for me hearts just edged it in terms of quality.

When Clare came on he was no better and no worse than anyone else on the pitch. He certainly didn't lack endeavour and put in several good tackles.

A competitive match (for the second time this season) against the team 3rd in the league is exactly where we hope and expect to be.

The "real" fans really need to have a word for themselves because the abuse is completely OTT and, quite frankly, embarrassing.

It wasn't long ago Ikpeazu was getting abused on here by the same "fans".

At best they are children, at worst they are simply moronic.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly. How anyone at the club can think this guy has a future as a central midfield players is beyond me.

Gives the ball away fails to pick up players lacks courage and hardly breaks sweat by mainly jogging about.

Ok some folk think he is maybe lacking in confidence but if that's the case at least show a bit of effort and break your guts trying to show you are giving your all.

He just looks as if he is playing in a kick about with nothing at stake.

The sooner Haring and Naismith are back the better which will hopefully see him drop out of contention.

Are you sure you weren't playing Fifa 19 on the computer because that is all just pure fantasy.

13 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Perhaps so, but it isn't Clare's fault that he was signed to a contract by Hearts, and CL persists in playing him. He's trying to do a job that might be too big for him.

I hope that the boo birds were directing their displeasure at CL, because that's where the blame lies, not with the player who appears to be out of his depth.

I agree.

4 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Keena and Morrison seem to get a free pass by fans for some reason compared to Clare, am guessing it’s age because no other reason I can think of.

Both are very poor and I’m hoping when injury free they are nowhere near the team. 

I think its down to perceived effort.  Clare doesn't appear to try hard and at times just gives up.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I think its down to perceived effort.  Clare doesn't appear to try hard and at times just gives up.

IMO You see what you want to see.

If he ran around like a headless chicken you'd be happy. That's not football.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

I think this is VERY true in your case when it comes to Sean Clare. 

Don't think it's down to lack of effort with Clare. He has that running style that Scottish fans hate cos it makes him look 'lazy' but he does put himself about and try things. Just very little ever comes off for him and he loses the ball too often. 

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I think this is VERY true in your case when it comes to Sean Clare. 

I'll just reply in a way that you will understand.

Boooooooo!!

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

If he ran around like a headless chicken you'd be happy. That's not football.

Not at all... I don't except a player to stop tracking his player as he runs into the box.

I remember Chris Waddle used to get labelled as lazy - purely because of his gait & running style. Some players just give that impression.

Keena gave the ball away 2-3 times IIRC - albeit trying to dibble past opposition players. I dread to think the dogs abuse Clare would've got had he done the same.

Thought Clare did OK last night - put in a couple of much needed tackles. His run and shot saved by the keeper was positive play.

Edited by Jim Panzee

Just now, Spoleto said:

I'll just reply in a way that you will understand.

Boooooooo!!

Standard cretin reply after realising you have lost the argument by painting yourself into a corner. 

21 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Are you sure you weren't playing Fifa 19 on the computer because that is all just pure fantasy.

No I was at the game and intentionally watched Clare when he came on and that is my opinion on his performance whether you like it or not.

I would tend to think that if you think he played well or is worth a starting place most weeks then it is you who is fantasising

Lots of others round about me thought he was dreadful as well.

The Natural Order

Seems like a cool guy and I'm sure there's a player there but just isn't a good fit at Hearts (or maybe Scottish Football?). Would be best for everyone if he moved on.

Needs taken out the team for a while and only brought on if we are comfortably winning. I imagine he will be punted next summer. Him, Mulraney, Keena and Morrison will never be good enough for us.

5 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

The only morons are the morons who call Hearts fans morons because they want players who give their all for the cause first and foremost not trotting round the pitch hiding and let them know when they are not meeting this minimum requirement.  Keena may or may not be a success but one thing he will give you is more heart and effort than that imposter Clare. 

Riiiiiiiiiiiight

1 hour ago, Rods said:

The booing players is only something that has started happening recently.

These type of people are just angry in general they perhaps football is not for them.

Hopefully fans will start calling this out soon and they will be silenced.

I was disgusted with booing last night but I’m also old enough to remember shuggie shaw getting booed warning up , quite unbelievably Donald Ford got booed when his laces kept snapping and he was tying them up. The old enclosure (C) used to be where the boo boys stood . Not new not big and not clever.  

5 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

The only morons are the morons who call Hearts fans morons because they want players who give their all for the cause first and foremost not trotting round the pitch hiding and let them know when they are not meeting this minimum requirement.  Keena may or may not be a success but one thing he will give you is more heart and effort than that imposter Clare. 

It will be interesting to see if he is given as many chances as Clare has been before disappearing.

He had a bit of a nightmare last night apart from his penalty though.

Just watched the game back on Hearts TV.

Two well matched teams, for me hearts just edged it in terms of quality.

When Clare came on he was no better and no worse than anyone else on the pitch. He certainly didn't lack endeavour and put in several good tackles.

A competitive match (for the second time this season) against the team 3rd in the league is exactly where we hope and expect to be.

The "real" fans really need to have a word for themselves because the abuse is completely OTT and, quite frankly, embarrassing.

It wasn't long ago Ikpeazu was getting abused on here by the same "fans".

At best they are children, at worst they are simply moronic.

Still banging away!!!

Get yer nose oot his jock strap will ye!

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, JAMBO747 said:

Bench me thinks.

Probably but once Haring, Naismith and Walker are back then the likes of Damour, Mulraney and Irving will also be on the bench.

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Standard cretin reply after realising you have lost the argument by painting yourself into a corner. 

Lost what argument exactly?

I don't lose arguments to morons.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

No I was at the game and intentionally watched Clare when he came on and that is my opinion on his performance whether you like it or not.

I would tend to think that if you think he played well or is worth a starting place most weeks then it is you who is fantasising

Lots of others round about me thought he was dreadful as well.

So you didn't see him closing down players, tackling, making a good first time pass in the lead up to the 2nd goal, making room for himself to get a shot on target forcing a save .....

Are you sure you weren't watching Fifa 19 because I saw him do all those things? 

Maybe you were watching the wrong player? Morrison perhaps?

GorgieFifeLife
4 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Yet another who uses the term snowflake 😂

No player, coming onto the field of play for Hearts, should get booed like that. Any supporter in the stand that does that is a complete moron.

You do realise he was involved in the build up play to the second equaliser, yeah?

Fantastic give him a contract extension. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

It will be interesting to see if he is given as many chances as Clare has been before disappearing.

He had a bit of a nightmare last night apart from his penalty though.

I think we know the answer to that.  I'm starting to think the posters who continually defend Clare are staff within the club or his agent.

6 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Not really sure where to start with this....... Angry little man aren't you!!!!!

Not one post from you about the wins on Sunday and last night:levein_interesting:

Edited by Notts1874

Bazzas right boot

I reckon the boy looks like he isn't trying but his effort is similar to every one else's. 

He looks a bit lost at times and has a gleekit look about him, doesn't mean he's not trying. 

His daft look doesn't help him I reckon, but it's not his fault. 

A fat 25 St lad could run 20 feet, be bright red and minutes from a heart attack, but he's put less effort into a guy who run 100ft and didn't break a sweat. 

Not sure what folk are look at in terms of effort tbh on here. Red faces and blowing out your arse? 

Maybe Clare is a fit lad? 

On his quality, his positional sense is poor and he drifts in/ out of games far too much and not influential enough imo at times.  His tacking and work rate are absolutely fine Tho. 

He has a goal in him and goes past players very easily at times, can also think fast as well. 

He's not a automatic starter tho and I think with Meshino and a fit Walker and Naismith he'll be rotated. 

However, He's also not shite. He's a good option to have and can be an important part of our team. 

Not sure why he winds so many folk up to boiling point tbh and as for booing him, those folk are arseholes imo. 

Lost what argument exactly?

I don't lose arguments to morons.

Your having a bit of a nightmare on this thread aren’t you. 

31 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Your having a bit of a nightmare on this thread aren’t you. 

Do you think so?

Come back when you can spell correctly and I might take your opinion seriously.

Meanwhile you carry on booing the team that you supposedly support and I'll continue to be a happy clapper.

He’s best suited to a midfield 3. Last night he played in a 2 and then out wide. Levein needs to get more out of him, I reckon he’s still capable of being an important player for us. 

2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

So you didn't see him closing down players, tackling, making a good first time pass in the lead up to the 2nd goal, making room for himself to get a shot on target forcing a save .....

Are you sure you weren't watching Fifa 19 because I saw him do all those things? 

Maybe you were watching the wrong player? Morrison perhaps?

I saw him give the ball away a lot and jogging about not picking players up. I must have blinked when he had a shot on target.

Maybe it was you rose tinted glasses making you hullucinate if you saw all that. I was definitely watching Clare his luminous boots stand out a mile unlike him as a player.