Sean Clare.

Whatever

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

funny isn’t it.. you could coukd his moments of quality across 50+ fixtures in one hand.. far outweighs by slackness, weakness, lack of positional awareness.. general nothingness.. hearts version of stevie mallan without a strike 

Is English your first language?

Could someone please interpret this nonsense. 

I did get the 50+ fixtures bit which is a bit of a surprise since it has been mentioned several times that he has played 46 games. 

Still, let's not let the truth get in the way of a good rant.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

7 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Dont agree..but !

The boy has been played in more positions than a swedish p*rn star !  ..he needs to know his role and grow into it, not pushed all over the park !

A Spell on the side lines wont do him any harm, CL can reintroduce him slowly, build his confidence up and see what happens..

some are always looking for a target unfortunately !

I genuinely never look for a target buddy and I don't boo my own players. I just think he is not good enough to play for us.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I did get the 50+ fixtures bit which is a bit of a surprise since it has been mentioned several times that he has played 46 games. 

He has played 46 times yet you still bang on about giving him time!!!! 

He is an average footballer but because of his lack of commitment and effort he will never make it on Scotland. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

He is an average footballer but because of his lack of commitment and effort he will never make it on Scotland. 

Says you. 

You don't mind if I disagree with you do you? Not just me either if the thread is anything to go by.

I think booing must addle the brains a wee bit.

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Nobody knows what kind of footballer he is. He’s hardly played any first team games before joining us. Came to us after a bad injury. Been constantly switched position and the fact he gets played week in week out is totally ridiculous. Been mismanaged in a serious way. 

25 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So sorry I didn’t take the time to quality assure my post whilst standing, soaking wet,on a moving train 😂 46 fixtures you say?!? I stand corrected - nowhere near 50 is it. 

Edited by kingantti1874

28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So sorry I didn’t take the time to quality assure my post whilst standing, soaking wet,on a moving train 😂 46 fixtures you say?!? I stand corrected - nowhere near 50 is it. 

Sorry, I'm not having that. No leeway for Clare, no leeway for you!

If I wasn't such a happy clapper I'd have booed 🙂

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Hope he scores the winner tomorrow night. 

You say that like you think some of us wouldn’t like that?

Nobody wants him to be a dud mate. I’d love him to start tearing it up. 

Bazzas right boot
On 23/09/2019 at 08:32, whodanny said:

Eh ?  Wasn't it his back heel that set up the goal for Edwards ?

stop making up shite.

It was a great wee back heel as well. 

Bazzas right boot

I think when Naismith and Walker are fit he'll play less. 

He's played so much because of Injuries. 

That was Morrison just back as well. 

With options like walker, Naismith, Morrison and Meshino all able to play Clares position he'll play less. 

Think folk are missing that. 

3/4 have been injured and Meshino joined us a month ago. That's why he's played so much, should help him, but right now for his confidence and due to his form I'd rest him. 

Booing him and calling him names tho, he's one of our own Ffs. 

Captain Canada
8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

You say that like you think some of us wouldn’t like that?

Nobody wants him to be a dud mate. I’d love him to start tearing it up. 

I said it because he badly needs a confidence boost after getting booed the other day. 

I know people are only critical because they feel he can do more and want him to start showing it every week. 

Coming off the bench might suit him better, especially at home. 

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I said it because he badly needs a confidence boost after getting booed the other day. 

I know people are only critical because they feel he can do more and want him to start showing it every week. 

Coming off the bench might suit him better, especially at home. 

I think a little break from the firing line might do him good too. 
Although I want more from him I feel for him too I don’t like booing our own. 

Allowayjambo1874
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

There have been worst players who have made a worst contribution over the last season or so then Clare.

18/19 - 35 games, 6 goals, 3 assists. I think he hit woodwork about 3 times as well. Was one of the few players who provided a bit of attacking threat when the injuries hit last season.

19/20 - 11 games, 1 goal, 3 assists. Again, he's made a contribution while not playing especially well.

Wouldn't it be better to judge him when he's played in a more settled position in a more settled team with better, more experienced pros around him, not to mention playing in a team on better form playing with more confidence?

That said, he should be dropped for a bit when Walker, Naismith, Meshino, Whelan, Damour and Haring are all available unless he comes into some form. I think he'll be competing for a place with Damour and Irving in the middle, or as attacking mid when all or maybe two of Walker, Meshino and Naismith are out.

I like how he goes for a run with the ball now and then, he can provide a goal threat, he's quite a clean tackler and his decision making and composure to me seems to be improving.

Not all our players can be world beaters. Think of Ian Jardine in the 80s who was mostly a sub in a similar role but did get extended starts when we had injuries. 70 games, 11 goals. He was no world beater and no-one expected him to be but could make a contribution and fill in. Clare came in with a big reputation but it was stressed it was all potential so why are folk expecting the finished article?

Whilst they are different types of players I cannot really understand the defence of Clare v the opposition to Olly Lee. According to your stats it’s 46 appearances, 7 goals (4 pens?) and 6 assists for Clare v 41 appearances 6 goals and I think 13 assists for Lee yet Lee was seen as not fitting into Scottish football whereas Clare ‘just needs time’. 

Using stats is flawed but the point is Lee got half a season before the knives were out whilst Clare is defended by some at every juncture, just don’t get it. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, DH1986 said:

The goalie will be the first name on the team sheet.

Yer man Sean Clare will be warming the bench at best.

Clare in charge of the half time oranges would be a good shout.

It's not helping him by selecting him every game. Bench him, get the crowd off his back and bring him on as a sub into a team that is winning and playing with confidence

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Were you not just banging on about genuine fans? What’s the best genuine fans or real fans?

What about real genuine fans? 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It's not helping him by selecting him every game. Bench him, get the crowd off his back and bring him on as a sub into a team that is winning and playing with confidence

Yip, still think he's a victim of Naismith and Walker being out. 

Meshino is just in and Morrison is just back as well. 

He will play less once more folk ( not going to say everyone) are fit. 

Jambof3tornado

Morrison will come in and play a few games and fail to impress and clare will get back in. Competition for his place will see him raise him game. Far too lazy at times, a bit like Walker 1st time round(walker mk2 seems geared towards working back/tackling/blocking).

14 hours ago, Jenks said:

I genuinely never look for a target buddy and I don't boo my own players. I just think he is not good enough to play for us.

Not diggin specificaly at you dude

Just seems a lot of our support need to have a figure they can take a cheap shot at, this time its Clare's turn.

I think the lads confidence is shot,  much of that is down to being played out of position..so that buck has to stop with CL..another case of poor man management  ?  Who knows, but i think he will still come good and prove a decent player for us.

17 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The bits in bold don't take into account what an inexperienced player he is, or do they? They are big asks for younger, inexperienced players. I would agree with you if we were talking more of the finished article - Damour or Whelan for example. Truly exceptional youngsters like Calum Paterson or Hickey come in and settle in no matter how we're doing, but they tend to be the exception. Craig Halkett is young and has done it with us from his first game but he did come with a lot more experience.

I agree he needs dropped but I don't think we should write him off yet. And the booing was a disgrace but sadly predictable these days.

Clare is relatively inexperienced but the guy is 23 and has played on loan at 3 separate clubs and been a first pick regular for Hearts for the best part of a year. 

People seem to to talk about Clare as if he is an 18 year old that has just come out of the academy. He is old enough and has enough senior games that he should be able contribute to a decent level. 

22 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Clare is relatively inexperienced but the guy is 23 and has played on loan at 3 separate clubs and been a first pick regular for Hearts for the best part of a year. 

People seem to to talk about Clare as if he is an 18 year old that has just come out of the academy. He is old enough and has enough senior games that he should be able contribute to a decent level. 

Posted above  by Toque jambo

-----------------

18/19 - 35 games, 6 goals, 3 assists. I think he hit woodwork about 3 times as well. Was one of the few players who provided a bit of attacking threat when the injuries hit last season.

19/20 - 11 games, 1 goal, 3 assists. Again, he's made a contribution while not playing especially well.

-----------------

That in a team not brimming full of confidence and struggling with numerous injuries to key players.

What level of contribution are you looking for?

19 hours ago, Spoleto said:

First name on the team sheet Craig.

Mashino on the left, Clare central, Morrison on the right.

I like Clare but to say he is the first name on the team sheet is a bit silly.

19 hours ago, Spoleto said:

We have big problems if thats true

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Clare has had enough chances. He shouldn’t be starting tonight but seen as it’s stipulated in his contract-he will.

(hope Levein subs him off after 10 minutes-he is just not a good influence on the team-need to offload ASAP. I’m sure there’s a player in there but not suited to scottish football at all. Not hard enough.)

I think we are the biggest club he'll play for. Just wish he would show more bravery on the ball. He can glide past people but it's not enough.

On 27/08/2019 at 13:33, StSow said:

I can't get my head round players not trying to make up for the fact they've just been skinned. Happens frequently with Clare in the middle of the park, he just kind of trots after the player half arsed. The last thing I'd be doing is letting said player get away with strolling past me. 

Sean Trotter? related to Del and Rodney maybe...😄

alwaysthereinspirit
12 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Clare has had enough chances. He shouldn’t be starting tonight but seen as it’s stipulated in his contract-he will.

(hope Levein subs him off after 10 minutes-he is just not a good influence on the team-need to offload ASAP. I’m sure there’s a player in there but not suited to scottish football at all. Not hard enough.)

Seen or seeing? Have you seen the contract? Has someone you know seen the contract? Seeing as I've never seen it I cant comment. Only those having seen it can.  

SuperstarSteve

Clare is the most versatile and a very good player. Similar situation to djoum, constantly played out of position and constantly the whipping boy. 

Ability is clearly there. As mentioned above he just glides by players.

He has the fight in him as he doesn’t shy from many challenges, he just never comes out the winner!

his passing, shooting and strength in the challenge hasn’t been good enough. 

Don’t get the shouts for Morrison to start though, no long back from injury and although he runs all day he hardly beats his man, don’t know how well he’s has progressed though I’ll admit. 

I like Clare tbh, he needs to get past this mental block of playing safe and trust his ability, let the shackles off a bit.  Wee flashes here and there aren’t going to cut it in a Hearts first XI.

He certainly shouldn’t start tonight.   He needs to win his place, not have it handed to him.  Bench for the next few and if he gets a chance, he needs to up his game and make an impact. 

22 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

There have been worst players who have made a worst contribution over the last season or so then Clare.

Wouldn't it be better to judge him when he's played in a more settled position in a more settled team with better, more experienced pros around him, not to mention playing in a team on better form playing with more confidence?

That said, he should be dropped for a bit when Walker, Naismith, Meshino, Whelan, Damour and Haring are all available unless he comes into some form. I think he'll be competing for a place with Damour and Irving in the middle, or as attacking mid when all or maybe two of Walker, Meshino and Naismith are out.

I like how he goes for a run with the ball now and then, he can provide a goal threat, he's quite a clean tackler and his decision making and composure to me seems to be improving.

Not all our players can be world beaters. Think of Ian Jardine in the 80s who was mostly a sub in a similar role but did get extended starts when we had injuries. 70 games, 11 goals. He was no world beater and no-one expected him to be but could make a contribution and fill in. Clare came in with a big reputation but it was stressed it was all potential so why are folk expecting the finished article?

Where are you getting three assists from this season? He possibly got one against Stenhousemuir, though it looked like Ikpeazu got a touch on his corner before it got to Halkett. There's a slight argument for him getting one against Dundee United though as his free kick was cleared to Irving most (or all) places wouldn't give as assist. Can't think of any other goals where we would have been given one.

I actually quite like Clare too, but agree with you that a spell out the team would do him good.

julienbrellier

Im not ready to give up on him yet but he simply can’t be anywhere near the first 11 based on current form. He should be made to fight his way back into the team through impressive sub appearances etc. Levein cannot start him today. How much evidence does he need that he isn’t cutting it at the moment. When everyone is fit there are 3 attacking midfield places up for grabs. Ahead of Clare you have Meshi, Naisy, Walker, Mulraney and Morrison so he might struggle to break back in.

22 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Im not ready to give up on him yet but he simply can’t be anywhere near the first 11 based on current form. He should be made to fight his way back into the team through impressive sub appearances etc. Levein cannot start him today. How much evidence does he need that he isn’t cutting it at the moment. When everyone is fit there are 3 attacking midfield places up for grabs. Ahead of Clare you have Meshi, Naisy, Walker, Mulraney and Morrison so he might struggle to break back in.

Given injuries the only cast iron starter is Meshi, so it's down to Mulraney, Morrison and Clare to fill the other two slots. 

For me the second slot goes to Clare, the third to Morrison, and Mulraney CantfindaHeartsPlayer starts on the bench.

28 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Given injuries the only cast iron starter is Meshi, so it's down to Mulraney, Morrison and Clare to fill the other two slots. 

For me the second slot goes to Clare, the third to Morrison, and Mulraney CantfindaHeartsPlayer starts on the bench.

Young Irving could play left, Meshi in the middle and Morrison on the right. However, I'd prefer to see Mulraney play which may see Clare played ahead of Morrison.

After getting the fans back onside after the Derby Levein needs to cut himself some more slack and drop/rest Clare!

On 24/09/2019 at 18:21, Spoleto said:

Aye?

On 23/09/2019 at 10:32, whodanny said:

Eh ?  Wasn't it his back heel that set up the goal for Edwards ?

stop making up shite.

ok, detail. hardly constitutes a great performance. Hearts had played well up to that point and were the better team. 

On 23/09/2019 at 13:07, Dallas Green said:

Your dislike for him in real life made you get rid of him in a game?

Jesus wept.

i dont dislike him personally, just dont rate him as a Hearts player. Live or Computer

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 minute ago, Diego10 said:

No even worst of the night, Keena had a disaster

Morrison didn’t do much either, subbed again after about 30 mins.

thought Clare and Keena would have looked sharper considering their freshness. Oh well. I imagine Clare must have been one of the spot kick takers given he is still pen taker if on park (I think even though Washington took the second at for park). Whelan and Smith though might have superseded now 

5 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

No even worst of the night, Keena had a disaster

Aye couldn't decide who was worse, Keena got to take the winning pen which shaded it. Both looked utterly lost though.

Clare has zero confidence right now, needs to be dropped and play some games in the reserves to regain it.

Keena had a shocker too but has some slack as he's coming back from injury, he took his penalty well (though I'm sure Clare would've too)

Edited by kila

Never a football player in a million years. The guy is a liability, trots about doing very little and does a lot of pointing to other players.

Keena was poor also however the guy hardly gets the game time that Clare does.