Sean Clare.

Whatever

He is just not good enough for this level of football and I feel we play a lot better when he's not in the team. 

He may show the odd bit of skill - but so do some amateur players. You need a lot more to make it at this level.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

3 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Just **** off

1 minute ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

He's a useless cu n t. Total waste of a jersey. Just **** off Sean. 

You’re nice.  :thumbsup:

Just now, Morgan said:

No.

You are ‘over the top’ abusive.

Okay if you think recent form, actually last twelve month form is okay. Then bash on. I expect better. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Nobody played well today but anything we created came down Mulraney's side, he never gets the ball early enough to get  any space or a chance to build up pace. Clare started as a midfielder/striker and ended up outside right, no wonder the boy's struggling.

So we have now added playing out of position to the list of excuses of Clare’s abject performances such as -

* new to Scottish football

* living in a new city

* not fully fit

* needs a pre-season

* needs Naismith back

* needs confidence

and remember - you’re an idiot if you can’t see there’s a player in there! 😉

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This is getting pathetic now.  Lay off him FFS, nowhere near our worst player week on week.

and there’s the usual excuse or yet another inept performance from Clare - “he wasn’t the worst” 🙈

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

and there’s the usual excuse or yet another inept performance from Clare - “he wasn’t the worst” 🙈

Yeah, damning with very faint praise.

He might not be the worst but he's never the best either is he?

I can only think of the Hamilton game on the first half where I've come away thinking "Sean Clare was really good there".

Second half today there was the odd decent pass but that's his performances in a nutshell unfortunately. Occasionally decent but mostly ineffectual and not having any impact on the game. 

I watched him a bit today specifically when he was up front and he's too passive with his movement. 

He might be low in confidence so he's not being helped by Levein constantly picking him.

For his own good he needs dropped to the reserves and need to demonstrate there that he can be play well and actually impact games.

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Yeah, damning with very faint praise.

He might not be the worst but he's never the best either is he?

I can only think of the Hamilton game on the first half where I've come away thinking "Sean Clare was really good there".

Second half today there was the odd decent pass but that's his performances in a nutshell unfortunately. Occasionally decent but mostly ineffectual and not having any impact on the game. 

I watched him a bit today specifically when he was up front and he's too passive with his movement. 

He might be low in confidence so he's not being helped by Levein constantly picking him.

For his own good he needs dropped to the reserves and need to demonstrate there that he can be play well and actually impact games.

McDonald's are hiring. 

Just **** off Sean.  

27 minutes ago, Peebo said:

In the context of a mediocre team performance in the first half, he did fine. In the context of a dire second half team performance, he stood out as particularly awful.

He seems to lack any sort of aggression, competitive spirit or will to win.

Could he improve under different management? Maybe, and hopefully. Has he stood out as a poster child for the dismal Levein regime? Absolutely. 

I would have had it the other way round. Thought he was an empty shirt first half (as was Meshino). I at least noticed him second half, even if he didn’t exactly do anything.

We have a big problem with lack of dig and physicality. To put it crudely, we’re soft as shite. Clare epitomises this issue.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So we have now added playing out of position to the list of excuses of Clare’s abject performances such as -

* new to Scottish football

* living in a new city

* not fully fit

* needs a pre-season

* needs Naismith back

* needs confidence

and remember - you’re an idiot if you can’t see there’s a player in there! 😉

No matter what mistakes any player made today the 2 idiots behind me didnt say a thing. Punt gets sent to Clare, he doesnt bring it down, turn and play a perfect pass and he is the liability. People have made their mind up, it is probably best for him that he leaves. 

At least 5 or 6 players should have their own thread if this is how we’re judging. Completely brutal to continually single out Clare, I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve to have a thread just it’s very unfair that his is the one so many want to jump on. 

55 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

At least 5 or 6 players should have their own thread if this is how we’re judging. Completely brutal to continually single out Clare, I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve to have a thread just it’s very unfair that his is the one so many want to jump on. 

unlike other players who have a run of poor games Clare rarely gets dropped - and Levein’s bloody mindedness in continuing to play him is really pissing fans off.

58 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

No matter what mistakes any player made today the 2 idiots behind me didnt say a thing. Punt gets sent to Clare, he doesnt bring it down, turn and play a perfect pass and he is the liability. People have made their mind up, it is probably best for him that he leaves. 

after 30 odd games of piss poor performances no wonder fans have made their minds up!

Regal Kingston

Got back in the team far too easily. Needs a lengthy spell out where he can find exactly what type of player he wants to be and work on various aspects of his game.  

I’d rather have a youth player in now. At least he would deserve the opportunity 

pettigrewsstylist
27 minutes ago, Regal Kingston said:

Got back in the team far too easily. Needs a lengthy spell out where he can find exactly what type of player he wants to be and work on various aspects of his game.  

I’d rather have a youth player in now. At least he would deserve the opportunity 

Nah, get rid. Not worth the effort.

Allowayjambo1874
24 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Knew when he picked him in front of Keena that we would lose.

If Keenan cannot get it that team they as well releasing him.

I am not saying he is not good or doesnt deserve chance...I think he does.

But if cant get in team where 1st choice 3 strikers out injured, maclean finished and playing clare ahead of him then based on that keena must be horrendous with no future at club

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Send Clare and Mulraney on loan to Dunfermline and bring Cochrane and McDonald back - better players 

This.  Yet another ridiculous decision.  McDonald was looking the part pre season too.

I spent most of the second half trying to figure out what position he was meant to be playing.

At the latter stages of the game it needed someone to go wide on the right wing to help Smith but Clare continually went infield. He has either been told to do this or was trying to hide - either way it was frustrating to watch.

jack D and coke

I’m not Sean’s biggest fan and I only saw the 2nd half but it was Mularaney who had an absolute mare as far as I could see. A quite tragic performance of poor decisions and dreadful execution of those decisions. 
Just aimless balls into the area, no thought behind them whatsoever, into the wrong areas, straight out of play the lot. 

Diadora Van Basten
12 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

This.  Yet another ridiculous decision.  McDonald was looking the part pre season too.

I think McDonald in particular should have been higher up the pecking order. 

10 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Okay if you think recent form, actually last twelve month form is okay. Then bash on. I expect better. 

I’ll say what I like, and that includes my opinion that Sean Clare is not deserved of the level of abuse he takes.

There, I’ve ‘bashed on’.  :) 

Brauhauser2012

I thought Clare was rank and didn't contribute anything. I was stunned by the Evening News player ratings. Clare got a 6. I think all of the team got a 5 or above and that certainly didn't match what I was watching. Wife said the performance was described on the radio as "spineless".

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’ll say what I like, and that includes my opinion that Sean Clare is not deserved of the level of abuse he takes.

I agree, but I think a lot of it's triggered by the fact that he also doesn't deserve the level of compliment he's had from the management. 

Harry Potter
24 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Bashed on, this new saying could take off, tbh sean gave the ball away to easily yesterday, 

10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Bottom line - Clare is just another shit signing by Levein.

Nailed it and you can add to that the word expensive.

If he's not playing, I get the impression he'll be happy to sit and pick up his money, like Malury Martin and run his contract down.

He's not gonna fulfill his potential and will be taking a pay cut wherever he ends up.

Edited by Yoda

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not Sean’s biggest fan and I only saw the 2nd half but it was Mularaney who had an absolute mare as far as I could see. A quite tragic performance of poor decisions and dreadful execution of those decisions. 
Just aimless balls into the area, no thought behind them whatsoever, into the wrong areas, straight out of play the lot. 

This!

upgotheheads
26 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Some of the abuse of Clare on this thread makes me feel embarrassed to be a Jambo. He's a player who should still be developing, which is the basis we signed him on. He's an attacking midfielder (in theory) who has been played wide right and  full-back more often than his natural position. He's being coached  by a manager who (probably) has just lost the plot. He is playing beside a lot of other ordinary players who are struggling too, and yet some of the posters on here focus on him when there's loads of other players who  need a kick up the a**e. God help him if he'd been the one who'd bungled the ball past the post when it was easier to score (Smith) or who missed a simple header (Dikamona).

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I agree, but I think a lot of it's triggered by the fact that he also doesn't deserve the level of compliment he's had from the management. 

This is probably true, but then how many other 'star' signings get the same treatment. Steven MacLean for example, 3 goals in how many matches? 

3fingersreid
52 minutes ago, Morgan said:

28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This is where I am , the last thing Sean Clare needed yesterday was to be played up front ( sort off) by the master tacticians , then get moved around the pitch later in the game . The last thing the team needed was a player who’s confidence has been shot to pieces and shouldn’t be near the first team at present . 

Id rather the ire and anger is directed at the current incumbents in the dug out ( technical area🤬) as they’re the ones trying to be too ****ing clever . 

There surely can’t be anyone left defending CL now ? If there is I’d love to hear why they still back him . 

I see the children are out in force again. 

Some people really need to take a good look at themselves, many of the comments on here are quite disgusting, way over the top and verging on paranoia.

If you want to name players who constantly gave the ball away the names you are looking for are Mulraney and Irving and if you want to name a player who hid in the second half his name was McLean.

3fingersreid
Just now, Spoleto said:

Some people really need to take a good look at themselves, many of the comments on here are quite disgusting, way over the top and verging on paranoia.

If you want to name players who constantly gave the ball away the names you are looking for are Mulraney and Irving and if you want to name a player who hid in the second half his name was McLean.

The McLean one is baffling for me , for 3 weeks he’s been selected then when Uche has a sore leg CL drops him to the bench and goes with wee Meshi up front 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

David McCaig

Quite simply the most tactically indisciplined player I have ever seen.

My heart sinks when he is moved to the right hand side of midfield as you know he has no interest in staying in position. He may well have the best stats for distance run in each match... but that’s because he’s constantly running into areas he shouldn’t be.

Callumn Morrison clearly has failings but at least his willingness to stay in position gives us width and balance.

I know everybody has been hurting after another defeat but the truth is most of us knew that yesterday was going to be a close game, and it was. IF Mulraney had put a challenge in at the back post and IF Hearts had taken one or two of the easy misses then the mood would have been completely different today. 
Possession
Home52%
Away48%

Shots
Home11
Away14
Shots on Target
Home3
Away3
Corners
Home5
Away2
Fouls
Home8
Away9

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Sean Clare plays Hearts lose. 

Thats what happens. 

Yes there are a fair few others who are also extremely poor but Clare is ineffective in the majority of matches he plays in. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Quite simply the most tactically indisciplined player I have ever seen.

My heart sinks when he is moved to the right hand side of midfield as you know he has no interest in staying in position. He may well have the best stats for distance run in each match... but that’s because he’s constantly running into areas he shouldn’t be.

Callumn Morrison clearly has failings but at least his willingness to stay in position gives us width and balance.

Yip but the simpletons in our support who don't know football either can't see it or don't want to. He's like the laddie in the school playground who has never played for a club. 

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:
I know everybody has been hurting after another defeat but the truth is most of us knew that yesterday was going to be a close game, and it was. IF Mulraney had put a challenge in at the back post and IF Hearts had taken one or two of the easy misses then the mood would have been completely different today. 
Possession
Home52%
Away48%

Shots
Home11
Away14
Shots on Target
Home3
Away3
Corners
Home5
Away2
Fouls
Home8
Away9

What a lot of slavers!!! 

In actual fact as you will see on the match day thread most people saw the starting 11 and knew we wouldn’t win the match. 

6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The McLean one is baffling for me , for 3 weeks he’s been selected then when Uche has a sore leg CL drops him to the bench and goes with wee Meshi up front 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Supposedly Meshi has played as a striker in the past and he maybe thought his power and pace would trouble Killie more than McLean? 

For me McLean has been a waste of a salary.