• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

This!

The haters have already had their say over and over again. 

Give the boy, and us, a break and support the team.

The haters as you call us support the team which includes Clarey, how about Clarey starts to look like a fitba player first of all

pettigrewsstylist

Sean has been here for over a year. Its not personal. Hes gash- suspect we couldn't give him away! Pump him out on loan and try to cover some of his wages at least. We have plenty options for that part of pitch.

Polite encouragement and patience hasn't worked.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I go to quite a lot of Hearts matches and I missed this approach. 

32 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Aye. I’ve been on this forum for 15 years - understand how it works, thanks.

If the manager says the actions of fans in the stands and on social media are having a detrimental effect on a young lad’s state of mind - I think it seems fair for Hearts fans to lay the **** off.

Very much so. I can understand it more when he’s had bad games but why kickbackers need to keep going at him when he’s just appearing off the bench in a qf victory is just poor.

5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Sean has been here for over a year. Its not personal. Hes gash- suspect we couldn't give him away! Pump him out on loan and try to cover some of his wages at least. We have plenty options for that part of pitch.

He was dropped on Wednesday. It’s all been said before. In fact it gets said every week, even on occasions where he’s played better than most of his team mates. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

I go to quite a lot of Hearts matches and I missed this approach. 

Seem to remember the boy getting quite a mellow start due to well advertised

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Very much so. I can understand it more when he’s had bad games but why kickbackers need to keep going at him when he’s just appearing off the bench in a qf victory is just poor.

Never booed a hearts player in my life. Understand how some feel it is only way to let mgmt. know of their dissaproval though.

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, GinRummy said:

He was dropped on Wednesday. It’s all been said before. In fact it gets said every week, even on occasions where he’s played better than most of his team mates. 

Do you know for sure he was dropped?

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Seem to remember the boy getting quite a mellow start due to well advertised

Never booed a hearts player in my life. Understand how some feel it is only way to let mgmt. know of their dissaproval though.

Maybe shouldn’t have quoted your post. Apologies. I just think the guy comes in for a lot of very unfair stick. I wanted him dropped. He got dropped. He wasn’t the only ineffective or poor player on Wednesday but everybody jumps on him yet again.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Do you know for sure he was dropped?

You alreadyknow the answer to that. Obviously it’s just my opinion he was dropped but I’m not going to put imo after every post I make.

It's a simple problem with a simple solution.

The morons think that by venting in a manner that's quite pathetic and massively counter productive, they have a say in team selection :rofl:....Morons.

The same Mups scream for a change in management after every defeat. 

The solution is to accept your opinion is largely taken with a pinch of salt and the club would be up the creek without a paddle if anybody in charge paid any attention to supporters regarding team selection.

Bit radical I know, but I live in hope some may wake up and smell the Roses.

3 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

It's a simple problem with a simple solution.

The morons think that by venting in a manner that's quite pathetic and massively counter productive, they have a say in team selection :rofl:....Morons.

The same Mups scream for a change in management after every defeat. 

The solution is to accept your opinion is largely taken with a pinch of salt and the club would be up the creek without a paddle if anybody in charge paid any attention to supporters regarding team selection.

Bit radical I know, but I live in hope some may wake up and smell the Roses.

Just as well that your opinion on nearly everything seems to match Craig leveins or Ann budges exactly. 

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We're short of strikers. Hope he's played up front tomorrow, told to play close to Uche and scores a hattrick.

I think they need to decide on his position and play him there. Whether that’s in the reserves, off the bench or in the side should depend on his form.

I still believe Sean will come good. Some of us see the work he puts in to back track and cover others. He's clearly got good skill levels and is good in the air. The one thing I think he needs to work on is his body language which isn't the best at times but maybe that's due to his confidence levels. Some people forget he just turned 23 last week and is staying away from home which aint easy.  

59 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The haters as you call us support the team which includes Clarey, how about Clarey starts to look like a fitba player first of all

How about you just give the young boy a break. 

Damour gives away a soft penalty, Berra gives away a soft penalty, Morrison was pish, Mulraney was pish and what do you do .......... come on here and attack Clare. Clare who back tracked, tackled, was involved in the second goal and who worked the keeper after going past two defenders.

It's getting quite tedious and really is extremely pathetic. 

Try being an individual and not one of the sheep! If you can't do that then try just saying nothing because you and your ilk are beyond a joke.

Edited by Spoleto
spelling error

7 hours ago, farin said:

There’s a good player hiding inside Clare, whether hearts can coax it out of him remains to be seen. 

If he put a shift in and tried harder I'd be more sympathetic but he's a lazy guy who hides during games. When he does get the ball he usually passes it backwards, it's like playing with 10 men.

Edited by mitch41

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How many games should we give him a break for? Another 50?

If he’s not cutting it after 100 1st team games then you can chuck him.

Its the widely expected number of games you should be trying to get a youngster to play before they get comfortable and really start imposing themselves on games.  Usually means 30 odd games a season between 18/19 to 21/22. 

Now if if they are completely crap they won’t make it near that mark and you’d move them on or if they have massive talent they might move away before that, but on the whole once a young player hasn’t played 100 senior games you should be able to judge.  I’d say Clare has done enough for us to stick by him. Maybe not always as a starter, but coming on from the bench with 30-40 minutes left is and important role to play.

if you look at most of the talented youth players we’ve had that make it to that 100 game mark they have good careers in the game. 

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just as well that your opinion on nearly everything seems to match Craig leveins or Ann budges exactly. 

The difference being my opinion is made public before Craig's and Ann's.

Go figure.

2 minutes ago, farin said:

Well according to Austin at last nights shareholders meeting he said of Clare

“He’s an enigma because the GPS units all the players wear show us that he runs further and runs the fastest for the longest every game yet gets called lazy and that’s where we need to alter the way he plays, when the ball is lost you need to get back after it, track your men etc.”

i think we we can discount the lazy tag going by his stats tbh. There’s no argument he needs to work on certain aspects of his game etc, & that he has to adjust to how we want him to play in games up here which are probably very different from how he’s used to playing at his past club tbh. 

Personally i I think the guy plays on conference & when it’s low it really shows in his play. I actually felt sorry for him when the boos stated, the guy must have been affected by that too. 

If he’s running it’s probably becuase he’s out of position..  he’s never in the right place

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, farin said:

Well according to Austin at last nights shareholders meeting he said of Clare

“He’s an enigma because the GPS units all the players wear show us that he runs further and runs the fastest for the longest every game yet gets called lazy and that’s where we need to alter the way he plays, when the ball is lost you need to get back after it, track your men etc.”

i think we we can discount the lazy tag going by his stats tbh. There’s no argument he needs to work on certain aspects of his game etc, & that he has to adjust to how we want him to play in games up here which are probably very different from how he’s used to playing at his past club tbh. 

Personally i I think the guy plays on conference & when it’s low it really shows in his play. I actually felt sorry for him when the boos stated, the guy must have been affected by that too. 

Interesting. I agree about confidence. I think he's a bit caught sometimes between being scared of making a mistake and being desperate to make a big impression, which leads to poor decision making at times. He just needs to relax and play his game. Being part of a winning team will help there, and time out of the limelight and learning from someone like Whelan should also help him.

5 minutes ago, farin said:

Well according to Austin at last nights shareholders meeting he said of Clare.

He needs to track back so he's not lazy just doesn't get that you need to  track back. How many games in?

Edited by Riccarton3

Guest ToqueJambo
53 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think they need to decide on his position and play him there. Whether that’s in the reserves, off the bench or in the side should depend on his form.

Unless we get more injuries, I think it's the bench for a while and then brought on as attacking mid, wide right or CM, although I don't see his best position being central mid so far. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Unless we get more injuries, I think it's the bench for a while and then brought on as attacking mid, wide right or CM, although I don't see his best position being central mid so far. 

Sounds right. 

37 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

How about you just give the young boy a break. 

Damour gives away a soft penalty, Berra gives away a soft penalty, Morrison was pish, Mulraney was pish and what do you do .......... come on here and attack Clare. Clare who back tracked, tackled, was involved in the second goal and who worked the keeper after going past two defenders.

It's getting quite tedious and really is extremely pathetic. 

Try being an individual and not one of the sheep! If you can't do that then try just saying nothing because you and your ilk are beyond a joke.

You keep saying he worked the keeper.his shot was no more than a pass back when he should have leathered it

Guest ToqueJambo

The thing is when assessing Clare - and questioning why he's had so many games - we have to look at what other options we have, and have had since he broke into the team.

I think we can all agree that with Walker, Haring, Whelan, Meshino, Damour and Naismith all fit Clare will be bench at best. Realistically in that scenario he's going to be competing with Irving and Morrison and maybe Cochrane when he's back to get into the side.

He's only had so many games because every one of those players has either been injured or didn't join Hearts until very recently. It's the same reason Mulraney has had so many games. With Meshino here, Aidy White fit and even Naismith fit, as he's played left attacking mid for us, he might also have more competition.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The thing is when assessing Clare - and questioning why he's had so many games - we have to look at what other options we have, and have had since he broke into the team.

I think we can all agree that with Walker, Haring, Whelan, Meshino, Damour and Naismith all fit Clare will be bench at best. Realistically in that scenario he's going to be competing with Irving and Morrison and maybe Cochrane when he's back to get into the side.

He's only had so many games because every one of those players has either been injured or didn't join Hearts until very recently. It's the same reason Mulraney has had so many games. With Meshino here, Aidy White fit and even Naismith fit, as he's played left attacking mid for us, he might also have more competition.

What is his position? 

By that I mean when he came to the club where did he play? 

He hasn’t been effective in any of the positions he has played for us. 

We are the best part of 50 games in and I don’t believe Levein knows where to play him. 

Imagine we didn’t have injuries we would still be watching him at Centre Mid players running by him constantly. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

What is his position? 

We are the best part of 50 games in and I don’t believe Levein knows where to play him. 

Imagine we didn’t have injuries we would still be watching him at Centre Mid players running by him constantly. 

He came here as an attacking midfielder which is where we've mostly played him. But it's not like players have a position stamped on their forehead. We've played him in a variety of positions, partly out of need and no doubt partly to try to find his best position. It's pretty obvious he's best in an attacking midfield role though, which is why with everyone fit he'll most likely be back-up in that area.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He came here as an attacking midfielder which is where we've mostly played him. But it's not like players have a position stamped on their forehead. We've played him in a variety of positions, partly out of need and no doubt partly to try to find his best position. It's pretty obvious he's best in an attacking midfield role though, which is why with everyone fit he'll most likely be back-up in that area.

The simple thing is we seem to play better when he isn’t in the team. 

Mclean played the role on Wednesday far better than Clare could and that’s saying something. 

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We are the best part of 50 games in and I don’t believe Levein knows where to play him

Sean Clare has made 34 appearances.  What about the other 16 - was it a Clare phantom?

GorgieFifeLife
7 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

What makes you think you can come on here and call me a roaster?

All of your posts are a stream of waffle that slag of players and the club and you have the cheek to question my posts you angry little man.

Roaster.

2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What is his position? 

But that’s not his fault, Levein not knowing where to play him that is. He came in injured and was thrown straight into a derby, playing as an attacking winger trying to supply a centre defender we transformed into a holding midfielder, playing as a striker (Haring). Since then he has been asked to play as a right back, striker, attacking mid and a centre mid. He’s been asked to play in those positions whilst the club has performed horrendously, id be willing to bet since the very first game he played he has never played with the same starting 11, statos will be able to confirm. Most weeks we’ve drawn or lost, the full side under performing, Clare gets called out above everyone else. Look through the threads, there isn’t another thread as long as this one about a player, nearly all posts saying how poor he is. I’d be willing to bet his goals and assists will be near the best at the club. Win lose or draw, he’s called out despite being nowhere near the worst player on the park. His performance on Wednesday for example, plays a nice flick into Keena who lays the ball off for mulraney that leads to the equaliser. Folk still call him out. He won tackles on Wednesday and played some nice passes. The only mistake I seen him make was letting the ball bounce in our box. His arrival also coincides with the worst run of injuries the club has ever had s well by the way. Clare becomes the focal point of nearly everything the club does on the park, something that has killed his confidence as you’d imagine.  

The biggest mistake we’ve made with Clare is using his willingness to be involved. It’s his unselfishness that makes him say yeah to playing position after position that isn’t his own. Right back, centre mid, number 10 etc etc. Does he need time out the team, 100%. He also needed a good pre season playing in a position he is comfortable in. Instead he was to become this box to box midfielder like Colin Cameron. Every pre season match we played, even tho he himself (probably) and us knew it wouldn’t work, Levein picked him at centre mid. Add in the fact that he was then also asked to guide a young boy through the matches as well. Clare being a young lad himself, this was never going to work. Just look at the impact Whelan has had on the team all ready. That position was our main weakness last season and Clare was never going to solve that problem. Again, that’s not Clare’s fault, that’s the management team. 

Clare has been poor lately, he looks like the booing, lack of a position, no real clue as to what the side is meant to be doing, has killed him. I think he’s a good player, I think some time away and coming into a side that’s winning will help him. 

Anybody watching the Athletics World Championships?

It's bizarre. You have top class athletes winning races when they don't even look like they are pushing hard. Then you have athletes bursting a gut and finishing 8th. 

Let's give prizes to the athletes that are bursting a gut shall we?

Captain Canada

This thread should just be closed. 

Folk say he's lazy - The management team have proof that the opposite is consistently true

He contributes nothing - he has a good record of goals and assists since joining especially as he's often played out of position

He bigged himself up when he signed - he actually didn't at all and is a very humble guy lacking in confidence. 

Of course he could do better but he undoubtedly can be managed better too. 

I know one thing for sure, booing him on and off the pitch won't help him one bit. 

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, rick witter said:

The simple thing is we seem to play better when he isn’t in the team. 

Mclean played the role on Wednesday far better than Clare could and that’s saying something. 

Sometimes. He's also won us games. Everyone is agreeing he needs time out of the team and we all also agree we now have better options to do it. Not sure there's much point repeating the same stuff again and again.

a safe pair of sells
32 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Folk say he's lazy - The management team have proof that the opposite is consistently true

He contributes nothing - he has a good record of goals and assists since joining especially as he's often played out of position

He bigged himself up when he signed - he actually didn't at all and is a very humble guy lacking in confidence. 

I know one thing for sure, booing him on and off the pitch won't help him one bit. 

Well said. Time to move on and give him some proper backing the next time he takes the field.

42 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Excellent post.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, braveheart said:

You keep saying he worked the keeper.his shot was no more than a pass back when he should have leathered it

To be fair it was on his wrong foot so you often see those shots lacking power. Glenn Whelan played brilliantly but I remember one long pass he tried with his left foot that was woeful. Couldn't get the power on it.

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

Good post

Want every Hearts player to do well including Clare, but still haven’t seen enough to determine if he is Hearts class or Hibs class. Keep him off social media & give him ear plugs & he’ll hopefully turn in to Pele.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, rick witter said:

What is his position? 

Wonder what Harry C makes of all this game time for the "talented" Sean Clare.

Great post.

We need to get behind this laddie and support him. 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Great post.

This in spades!

Geoff Kilpatrick
21 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Great post.

Yep, booing him is pointless.

However, if you can't give an opinion then you might as well shut Kickback down too.

19 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yep, booing him is pointless.

However, if you can't give an opinion then you might as well shut Kickback down too.

True Geoff. There’s ways to go about it though. It doesn’t have to be so cutting. 

Booing him for one isn’t acceptable, no one should target individual players in a maroon jersey. 

Clearly it’s had a negative effect. It’s maybe good to try the opposite, even if he’s not playing great. It might give him a bit of encouragement. 

9 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Anybody watching the Athletics World Championships?

It's bizarre. You have top class athletes winning races when they don't even look like they are pushing hard. Then you have athletes bursting a gut and finishing 8th. 

Let's give prizes to the athletes that are bursting a gut shall we?

What does this have to do with Sean Clare ?

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

What does this have to do with Sean Clare ?

I could be wrong but I think their point is that people lazily (funnily enough) think that Clare is lazy due to his style. They don’t think he tries hard because he doesn’t have veins popping out of his forehead like Morrison. What people perceive as effort and commitment and what they actually are can sometimes be different things.

9 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Couldn’t agree more. Folk booing him as he was called from the warm up back to the bench cannot call themselves supporters in the slightest and should be ashamed.

You can see the lad has ability, he is still young and settling in. He is a confidence player and people always on his back won't help. If he had come through our academy we would give him alot more time. All his mistakes have been when he has been played out of position. If it wasn't for him we would not have been in the cup final last year