***Official Glenavon v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

what does it all mean

:sob:

are we pish or good

what if we'd picked up injuries over-exerting ourselves to win a pre season game

too much drama

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Aich E Eh

• rick witter

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

what does it all mean

are we pish or good

what if we'd picked up injuries over-exerting ourselves to win a pre season game

too much drama

We're shite but with the potential to be great. 

19 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

All we have learned from the friendlies is that Shelbourne are absolutely gash.

Friday will hopefully give us a better idea of where we stand.

Unless we sign one or two quality players for in the middle of the park, I predict Friday, and the rest of the season, to be a bit of a slog.

I don't take friendlies that serious but taking into account our abysmal run of form under Craig i was hoping for a massive reaction even in these friendlies that could fill me with some sort of hope that Craig could turn this around this season. He may do but I'm neither confident or hopefull it will happen under him even with the additions of walker, Washington and halkett. I'll reserve judgement when we play competitive games but next Fridays game against robbies united looks like being an utter borefest game and another mediocre season awaits us all 

2 hours ago, geomac said:

Lost one and drew one I'd say

You're right. I forgot that Clare scored. 

Progress though! 

jambopilms
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Anyone actually there give us an idea of how we played

This, please. Less shit more facts.

rick witter
1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

I don't take friendlies that serious but taking into account our abysmal run of form under Craig i was hoping for a massive reaction even in these friendlies that could fill me with some sort of hope that Craig could turn this around this season. He may do but I'm neither confident or hopefull it will happen under him even with the additions of walker, Washington and halkett. I'll reserve judgement when we play competitive games but next Fridays game against robbies united looks like being an utter borefest game and another mediocre season awaits us all 

It will be a horrendous match to watch as Neilson will do what Levein tries to do away from home. 

Not lose first

Try and win second

Utd will come for a draw and penalties and I think they will get it. 

Archie White

The problem CL has this season is that he has absolutely no slack with the fans. He team must perform from day one with no excuses.

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It will be a horrendous match to watch as Neilson will do what Levein tries to do away from home. 

Not lose first

Try and win second

Utd will come for a draw and penalties and I think they will get it. 

If you think Dundee United are coming to play for pens you clearly didn't watch there penalty shootout against St Mirren!

Mr Elwood P
39 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

I've been on the forum for a while as a guest and I've noticed that there's a handful of posters that don't like free expression. 

Can we return you to guest status please? Less than 100 posts and yet everyone knows you as every post has been the same regurgitated, tedious negative pish that clutters up the forum. I am quite happy with folk expressing their opinion but it needs to be balanced with some positivity. 

August Landmesser
3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

She’ll leave you, and ruin your weekend. 

Nice.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can we return you to guest status please? Less than 100 posts and yet everyone knows you as every post has been the same regurgitated, tedious negative pish that clutters up the forum. I am quite happy with folk expressing their opinion but it needs to be balanced with some positivity. 

Everyone know's me? ha. 

Maybe stop talking pish and start being balanced then. You're just as extreme as the people you're arguing with. 

14 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Anyone actually there give us an idea of how we played

Very poorly. Halkett and White looked good. No invention from midfield. No urgency. Washington had no service. One shot on goal. Not counting the goal because that was a mis-hit. Not encouraging tbh.

9 minutes ago, Archie White said:

The problem CL has this season is that he has absolutely no slack with the fans. He team must perform from day one with no excuses.

And so it should be Archie 

His recent form is on par with Cathros and he was punted 

He needs to get results and confidence up fast within the squad right from the start

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Everyone know's me? ha. 

Maybe stop talking pish and start being balanced then. You're just as extreme as the people you're arguing with. 

Yes. It has taken some 28,000 posts to achieve this level of notoriety! I wouldn't say I am extreme at all. Very balanced in most instances.

merseyjambo

At the end of the day, friendly results mean nothing. Yes it’s nice to win and give the fans a bit of a boost but in truth it is for trying out players and formations.

I’m not fussed about the actual results if we are trying to work out our best starting 11.

What I do have concerns about is that we are on the eve of the start of the competitive fixtures for this season and the midfield issue still hasn't been fixed. We are still lacking a playmaker and a winger. We almost look like we are again building ourselves up to be reliant on Steven Naismith and that for me is worrying due to his injury record. 

Enzo Chiefo
56 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

You shouldn't demand answers from people when you can't answer questions yourself. 

He usually just blocks posters who call him out. Great at dishing it out but not so clever when he gets the same back. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Yes. It has taken some 28,000 posts to achieve this level of notoriety! I wouldn't say I am extreme at all. Very balanced in most instances.

28,000 posts of pish.  ?

Nah, i'm only kidding, i'm sure there was a few good ones. 

41 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Apologies to everyone for interacting with ...that guy and clogging up the thread with my immature shit. Genuinely sorry. 

I certainly get where you come from Bridge.

Your hearts in the right place that's a definite

18 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Very poorly. Halkett and White looked good. No invention from midfield. No urgency. Washington had no service. One shot on goal. Not counting the goal because that was a mis-hit. Not encouraging tbh.

Sounds familiar sadly

29 minutes ago, Archie White said:

In a nutshell.

Vlad Magic
22 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Everyone know's me? ha. 

How’s Betty doing?

Enzo Chiefo
26 minutes ago, Archie White said:

He's actually in exactly the same place , as far as the fans are concerned,  that Cathro was in 2017. A change had to be made immediately after the Cup Final but, apparently,  avoiding a hammering against a Celtic team that were stuttering over the line for the last couple of months, is deemed to be a success. Although,  in truth, I don't think AB would, in any circumstances,  sack Levein. 

19 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

At the end of the day, friendly results mean nothing. Yes it’s nice to win and give the fans a bit of a boost but in truth it is for trying out players and formations.

I’m not fussed about the actual results if we are trying to work out our best starting 11.

What I do have concerns about is that we are on the eve of the start of the competitive fixtures for this season and the midfield issue still hasn't been fixed. We are still lacking a playmaker and a winger. We almost look like we are again building ourselves up to be reliant on Steven Naismith and that for me is worrying due to his injury record. 

I always thought rebuilding was not only about establishing a trusted 11, but having depth too.  We look far from that at the moment. Potentially we have depth upfront when Naisy signs but all of a sudden we look light elsewhere.  

I’d like to think the management have a couple of signings up their sleeve, particularly in midfield. (Which gets repeated daily umpteen times).  

Nookie Bear
44 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I got laughed at for calling that a ‘must-win’ game, but I stand by that. 

Jamboelite
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He's actually in exactly the same place , as far as the fans are concerned,  that Cathro was in 2017. A change had to be made immediately after the Cup Final but, apparently,  avoiding a hammering against a Celtic team that were stuttering over the line for the last couple of months, is deemed to be a success. Although,  in truth, I don't think AB would, in any circumstances,  sack Levein. 

So she will never sack Levein?? A woman who created and sold a very successful company will carry on with failure.

Ok.

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Jamboelite said:

So she will never sack Levein?? A woman who created and sold a very successful company will carry on with failure.

Ok.

Do you think she will?? The business she created was in her area of expertise.  She knows next to diddly squat about football and has placed all her trust in Levein. We are crying out for another tier of management,  an experienced football person, that can hold Levein to account. 

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

28,000 posts of pish.  ?

Nah, i'm only kidding, i'm sure there was a few good ones. 

I’m nearly on 2,800 that is a different number form 28,000. Hope that clarifies the situation?

ps it is ‘were’ instead ‘was’ in the above context.

Seymour M Hersh

I'm not sure I care anymore. Certainly not about todays result as it's only a pre-season warm up game.

The game in Scotland is set up for two teams only (and we know who they are) since the blue bigots were liquidated the response from the people that run the game (for the two teams previously mentioned) has been entirely predictable as it is desperately sad and annoying. Why would should get overly angry about performances and results is now beyond me. We will never genuinely challenge the bigot sister and neither will any other "diddy" team (as Cosgrove and the other one like to call us all). The game up here is a busted flush and I despise the GFA and SPFL to the core for it. 

The pathetic crap from peope wanting Levein sacked or not is irrelevant. No matter who is in charge the best you can ever hope for in Scotland is 3rd. How ****ing depressing and embarrassing is that. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

A_A wehatethehibs

Whether we win lose or draw I’m not fussed. 

Who even cares about winning a football match.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I’m nearly on 2,800 that is a different number form 28,000. Hope that clarifies the situation?

ps it is ‘were’ instead ‘was’ in the above context.

Stop being petty. 

This is a football forum not a pick out your errors forum. 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Do you think she will?? The business she created was in her area of expertise.  She knows next to diddly squat about football and has placed all her trust in Levein. We are crying out for another tier of management,  an experienced football person, that can hold Levein to account. 

I presume you're talking about your new found idea of a recruitment officer.

Why don't we have another 5 tiers and then you can moan about too much being spent off the field instead of on players?

Mr Elwood P

Stop being petty. 

This is a football forum not a pick out your errors forum. 

You set the bar for pettiness by attempting to slag of my posts, whilst at the same time being completely oblivious to the fact that I was referring to some other well known negatrons, who themselves are around the 28k post mark!

Randy Marsh
20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I heard a rumour from someone close to the club that Budge's patience with CL is starting to wear thin.  Apparently they had a falling out last week as she wont sanction the signing of anymore players this summer.  Could be total BS but hopefully its true.  If our poor form continues I think Budge will act after the first quarter of the season.

Edited by Randy Marsh

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You set the bar for pettiness by attempting to slag of my posts, whilst at the same time being completely oblivious to the fact that I was referring to some other well known negatrons, who themselves are around the 28k post mark!

My apologies for not understanding you. 

I'm here if you want to talk about football. 

Randy Marsh
7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm not sure I care anymore. Certainly not about todays result as it's only a pre-season warm up game.

The game in Scotland is set up for two teams only (and we know who they are) since the blue bigots were liquidated the response from the people that run the game (for the two teams previously mentioned) has been entirely predictable as it is desperately sad and annoying. Why would should get overly angry about performances and results is now beyond me. We will never genuinely challenge the bigot sister and neither will any other "diddy" team (as Cosgrove and the other one like to call us all). The game up here is a busted flush and I despise the GFA and SPFL to the core for it. 

The pathetic crap from peope wanting Levein sacked or not is irrelevant. No matter who is in charge the best you can ever hope for in Scotland is 3rd. How ****ing depressing and embarrassing is that. 

Agreed but we should still be finishing 3rd on a regular basis.  Even that seems miles off right now.

For years now we don't seem to have friendlies at home against good oponents where the likely first team has a run in a competitive type of fixture.

I think if I was the manager I'd want that.  Not sure that fielding around 20 players against very modest oponents achieves much.

I honestly believe the club regards the LC group stages as pre-season.

Mr Elwood P

My apologies for not understanding you. 

I'm here if you want to talk about football. 

I’ll keep my powder dry until we play a competitive football match!

Jambojay84

Usual posters spouting pish as per, I’m shocked.....

the best bit is that it’s grown men bickering on an internet forum on a Saturday night ???

For the avoidance of doubt I’m currently at work so that’s why I’m on here just now ?

Just catching up with the score, quick glance through the last few pages. :leveinnaturalorder:

normal service continues!

merseyjambo
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I always thought rebuilding was not only about establishing a trusted 11, but having depth too.  We look far from that at the moment. Potentially we have depth upfront when Naisy signs but all of a sudden we look light elsewhere.  

I’d like to think the management have a couple of signings up their sleeve, particularly in midfield. (Which gets repeated daily umpteen times).  

I am one of his harshest critics and had hoped his words about more creativity was something he was going to resolve. As of yet, and the way he’s been talking, it’s not. It just looks like the same as last season where we are looking towards Naismith as our go to guy. All very well but he’s not available for the LC games. To get any form of favourable last 16 draw we need to finish top of the group and I’m sure that RN  is going to turn up on Friday with a point to prove and going into that game with the same midfield as last season worries me due to its lack of movement and guile.

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I got laughed at for calling that a ‘must-win’ game, but I stand by that. 

I said pas soon as the draw was made that if we failed to get past the group stage in the LC, he needed to be treated the same as Cathro and got laughed at. Sorry but it stands. Cathro got punted for failing to goals us past the group stage of the LC so any failure on CLs part should be treated the same, especially in light of the poor performances for most of last season

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I agree Seymour.  Scotland is a parochial wee place, whether it be in terms of politics, football or whatever. The game is set up for 2 teams only and referees, administrators, wherever they live , are never far away from OF fans. The best solution for us though imo, is to appoint  a manager from outwith Scotland, someone with fresh ideas, to give us the best chance of challenging them.

For those interested; here is my reaction to the game and whether or not this result means much in the grand scheme of things: 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I’ll keep my powder dry until we play a competitive football match!

Very wise.

Wise but wrong. 

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I presume you're talking about your new found idea of a recruitment officer.

Why don't we have another 5 tiers and then you can moan about too much being spent off the field instead of on players?

One tier Al. That's all. Someone that can question Levein and know what they're talking about. He would be happy with that though eh?