***Official Glenavon v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Meanwhile, back in the game...

'33 | 0-0 Very nearly an opener for the Jambos. Mulraney spreads the ball wide to Washington who cuts in from the left and rifles a low shot into the side netting.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Aich E Eh

• rick witter

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cochrane gave the ball away in his own half and the boy was straight through and scored. 

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

How Levein, doesn't think we need anymore players is absolutely delusional. 

Suppose it will give him more excuses at the end of the season. Get him to **** before it’s too late why is he even still here ridiculous.  can’t wait for FOH to take over budge, is too busy investing in cctv than the squad embarrassing.

:lol:

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Definitely need more players, how can’t Levein see this.

Brilliant!

2 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

How Levein, doesn't think we need anymore players is absolutely delusional. 

Suppose it will give him more excuses at the end of the season. Get him to **** before it’s too late why is he even still here ridiculous.  can’t wait for FOH to take over budge, is too busy investing in cctv than the squad embarrassing.

Hey ! wait for the countdown you. 

jambomjm74

we have no quality in midfield, without djoum who was always leaving and haring (who plays 1 in 2 games). We added walker, who due to injuries never became the player he could have been and is unlikely to contribute much..... A real worry 

2 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

You were just beat on the draw there ITJ:biggrin:

You have to be quick to beat the frothers :D

1 minute ago, jambomjm74 said:

we have no quality in midfield, without djoum who was always leaving and haring (who plays 1 in 2 games). We added walker, who due to injuries never became the player he could have been and is unlikely to contribute much..... A real worry 

It's a pre season friendly 

jambomjm74
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

It's a pre season friendly 

As it stands our midfield is weak and unlikely to see us have a good season. Too many average players, injury prone and kids.  We need one quality midfielder. 

Hopefully Walker is just playing it safe but hardly encouraging he’s picked up an injury already. 

We do seem to have quite an injury prone squad. 

Edited by Morph

rick witter
3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

We have Haring, Walker and Cochrane who are all very injury prone. Add to them Uche, Naismith and White who will all struggle to play a full season. We definitely need more players. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jambomjm74 said:

As it stands our midfield is weak and unlikely to see us have a good season. Too many average players, injury prone and kids.  We need one quality midfielder. 

These games do have value establishing the glaring obvious 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

The fact that he isn't going to replace djoum with another quality midfielder astonishes me

Can you read?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The fact that he isn't going to replace djoum with another quality midfielder astonishes me

I think it will astonish him too  ?

jambomjm74
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

These games do have value establishing the glaring obvious 

Hopefully obvious for the club to see... last year we had zero up front and signed a Czech donkey ...

tartofmidlothian

Where has he said this? When he said he was done Djoum's future wasn't sorted and nothing had been said about Lee, who is apparently welcome to stay until a move happens.

Just now, scott herbertson said:

Was it the dot count thread?

It was! Two guesses who I was referring to...

jamboinglasgow
Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Where has he said this? When he said he was done Djoum's future wasn't sorted and nothing had been said about Lee, who is apparently welcome to stay until a move happens.

It was said that if Lee and Djoum leave (which is happening) that Hearts would look for a quality midfielder.

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's 0-0, how are they more than holding their own? ?

They're holding ours too??

scott herbertson
Just now, Zico said:

It was! Two guesses who I was referring to...

If I take three guesses will I get banned?

A few half time thoughts,

Moore, White, Cochrane and Bozanic no won a fifty fifty yet. Be expecting a bit more from each. Full backs weak in the air, Halkett looks a player, Cochrane playing deeper than Bozanic means we don’t go forward at all, both keen on going back. Mulraney and Edwards look to be keen and have energy but never on the ball enough Wighton tries hard but again without any end product. Washington looks to have ability and been busy, not a big guy tho, not winning much in air. Goal was a disaster for Cochrane whose head has been down since.

Fully aware it’s a pretty season run out all just by way of observation 

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

It was said that if Lee and Djoum leave (which is happening) that Hearts would look for a quality midfielder.

Indeed he did.

Think he should have been looking before now because it was pretty obvious both players were going.

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cheers, JIG. Startled to hear that us not replacing Djoum is bullshit. :rolleyes:

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Yes

So you will have read the article where Levein stated that if Lee and Djoum leave he is likely to dip back into the transfer market?