***Official Glenavon v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

We've got enough seats, it's the corners to put them in we need.

We would need to get up the pitch more for corners. 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Aich E Eh

• rick witter

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If I was manager of Hearts.

Today i’d of been looking for players who are showing form, confidence, a good work ethic and will to win as i’d be wanting the players to force their way into the team on Friday. If I never noticed any players giving me these things i’d be wondering why they were at Hearts and why I signed them.

If I was manager 

Mate Levein will be looking at all of that.

As will the coaching staff.

As would any manager.

The difference is placing the emphasis on approach to a game.

And inspiring .

I fear the there is now a losing mentality at the club.

DuncansDoughnuts
34 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

We could honestly double our season ticket sales if we weren't so shite. 

Bring on the fan ownership. 

Eh? No we couldn't. Where are you going to squeeze an extra 12000 bums on seats in a stadium as tight as Tynecastle Park?

14 minutes ago, nijambo said:

We were very poor in front of a very decent sized Hearts support, a combination of travelling and N.I. based.

Halkett looks a player and easily our best today.

Wighton had a clear chance on goal and bottled it, opting to pass.

Glenavon are in pre-season also, the league hasn’t started in N.I. (Despite some posters info).

Disappointing result from a locally based Jambo’s point of view, but understand totally that we are getting the fitness up, ready for the real stuff.

Is it the same problems as last season mate?

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, jake said:

I do think they can develope .

I'm not sure they will under the current coaching staff or with the style we apply .

I'm sorry dont want to go down this route as it leads to the usual back and forth.

And there was signs of good movement early last season.

Signs.

But the stodgy style whether we like to admit it or not is trademark Levein.

I really hope I'm proved wrong.

I've watched Hearts through worse times and dont expect to be high fliers buddy.

But I do want to see us impose an attacking style.

Anyway we will just go round in circles .

And I would love for Levein to be successful .

He loves the club.

So do we.

Doesnt mean we get to manage it.

He didn't play it at Dundee United or for the first four months of last season or throughout the youth system at Hearts ...

Someone put a Union Jack with ‘Heart of Midlothian’ over the ‘Jesus’ part of the banner at half time =

Life without Heart of Midlothian makes no sense ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Drop the first two words of that and it's :spoton:

Don't know. Done well at City only going to get better 

1 minute ago, DuncansDoughnuts said:

Eh? No we couldn't. Where are you going to squeeze an extra 12000 bums on seats in a stadium as tight as Tynecastle Park?

Plenty room once we get up the pitch and fill the corners in. I don't know why you're questioning this

57 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

I'm not so stupid that i don't see the job Levein is doing with the youngsters, but we need a new man in charge of the first team. How long are we going to put up with the 1st team being mediocre? 

He's not the man for manager, neither is anyone else at the club.

Jack Ross might of been that man but they pumped him straight out the door for whatever reason. 

I keep hearing this how Levein is doing a great job with the youngsters and how the next crop coming through are outstanding and the next crop and the next crop . 

Patience is starting to wear thin on every aspect of Levein remit and I've backed him to the hilt . 

Not bothered about the friendliness but next week it starts in earnest for him . 

The tecruitment , style of football , results, entertainment, quality and I mean quality youngsters coming through the academy has been dreadful.

Last chance saloon for him , no more going through the motions . Ship up or ship out , he's had more than a fair crack at the whip imo 

DuncansDoughnuts
27 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

It's no my fault they didnae make enough seats. 

They could always make the seats a bit narrower than they already are and squeeze more in but they are so small at the moment I can only comfortably locate one cheek on mine.

4 minutes ago, jake said:

If I was manager 

Mate Levein will be looking at all of that.

As will the coaching staff.

As would any manager.

The difference is placing the emphasis on approach to a game.

And inspiring .

I fear the there is now a losing mentality at the club.

Don't think is a "losing" mentality at the club, more of a "that's good enough, club saved, we are satisfied" mentality. That's the general feeling I get from the club.

So I’ve scrolled back through pages of the usual shite about Levein etc, did anyone play well, who was shite you know stuff about the actual match?

Just now, Rudy T said:

So I’ve scrolled back through pages of the usual shite about Levein etc, did anyone play well, who was shite you know stuff about the actual match?

Just about to post the same.. same pish over and over . Turn it in ffs

Bozanic looked ok in the first half.

Harry was trying to be a bit too casual/ smart when he lost the ball for the goal.

Other midfield options non existent.

Bobby cried out claiming a foul on the keeper when they scored their second.

Halkett MOTM.

White looked like he might be decent with match fitness.

Edited by nijambo

7 minutes ago, nijambo said:

Bozanic looked ok in the first half.

Harry was trying to be a bit too casual/ smart when he lost the ball for the goal.

Other midfield options non existent.

Bobby cried out claiming a foul on the keeper when they scored their second.

Halkett MOTM.

White looked like he might be decent with match fitness.

Halkett will be a good signing, bozanic looks tidy and has a good delivery needs legs around him I think.

tolcross lad
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I did quote Mulraney and we have far more than six good players, I was merely giving two examples in each category. I think Clare has far more potential than Mulraney but I'm very excited to see both develop over the season. Uche, Souttar, Garuccio, Wighton (potentially), Burns, Irving, Stone, Hamilton, Logan, Moore, McDonald, Connor Smith and Morrison are all young enough to improve to the extent that they can dominate games.

It seems to me that you are being over optimistic about the young players.History tells us that few will make it despite the hype.As for "dominate"games only Souttar looks as though he might get anywhere near that. 

10 minutes ago, DuncansDoughnuts said:

They could always make the seats a bit narrower than they already are and squeeze more in but they are so small at the moment I can only comfortably locate one cheek on mine.

Free standing zone.. But that's an argument for another day

Alex Kintner
52 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

tumblr_pnj6rrqQob1vs9b7d_540.gif

15 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I keep hearing this how Levein is doing a great job with the youngsters and how the next crop coming through are outstanding and the next crop and the next crop . 

Patience is starting to wear thin on every aspect of Levein remit and I've backed him to the hilt . 

Not bothered about the friendliness but next week it starts in earnest for him . 

The tecruitment , style of football , results, entertainment, quality and I mean quality youngsters coming through the academy has been dreadful.

Last chance saloon for him , no more going through the motions . Ship up or ship out , he's had more than a fair crack at the whip imo 

Good post, a lot of us have similar concerns. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He didn't play it at Dundee United or for the first four months of last season or throughout the youth system at Hearts ...

Fair point .

20 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Don't think is a "losing" mentality at the club, more of a "that's good enough, club saved, we are satisfied" mentality. That's the general feeling I get from the club.

Not from the support.

In the dressing room.

Winning and losing can become habitual.

And that needs managed.

been here before
1 hour ago, Aich E Eh said:

Ken. Im with you here as you've thought this through.

Imagine the queue outside the TO tomorrow if we'd beaten Glenavon.

It would have been like the first day the cup final tickets went on sale. Queues away round the plaza, telephones constantly engaged, ticketmaster in meltdown..

Edited by been here before

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

It seems to me that you are being over optimistic about the young players.History tells us that few will make it despite the hype.As for "dominate"games only Souttar looks as though he might get anywhere near that. 

Cochrane already has and Uche is definitely capable of dominating.

Enzo Chiefo
30 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Lheveine has nursed Budge through her soccerball chairwoman apprenticeship, Enzo. 

She'll pull the trigger before you've settled down to your dram and slice of black bun.

Cheers Guvnor. I've located a bottle of Balvenie but I'll probably have to wait until Hugmananny for the black bun. Anyway, I'm suitably reassured that AB has the cojones to pull the trigger.

tolcross lad

I was not classing Uche as young player and he is not Academy raised.He may prove very decent at our level if he gets more support can improve technically and improve distribution and decision making.For a big guy he is poor in air but he is a weapon to be used if used properly.

Not sure about Cochrane dominating any game in the foreseeable in my opinion.He still runs as if on stilts and lacks physicality resulting in injuries and is slow to breakdown of play.Technically very good ,As he is very young time will tell if he can fulfil Leveins strategy of using young players to help budget for the "special players"and better quality of solid pro.

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

How did White and Washington look?

White, good talker, very vocal throughout, looked decent on the ball.  Didn’t win much In the air and was overpowered once or twice but likely just breaking himself in gently against more eager opposition.

Washington was similarly weak in the air, he’s not a big guy but looked strong and is very mobile, a good few runs along the line that others didn’t pick up on but hopefully will in time. Tidy in possession.

Neither set the heather on fire but both looked promising. 

After a real mixed bag of results and performances in the pre- season games do we go into Friday knowing our best team and formation?

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Cochrane already has and Uche is definitely capable of dominating.

I must seem like a laugh riot to you know having had to suffered this all day ??

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

After a real mixed bag of results and performances in the pre- season games do we go into Friday knowing our best team and formation?

I’m hoping that’s the difference between the management team and me as a paying punter. Have seen both games over here in Ireland and I’d be at a loss to pick a starting eleven! 

Souttar, Berra, Halkett maybe the only three I would say looked definite starters. 

Not convinced we were using these games for anything other than fitness (least I hope not) as there was no obvious tactical patterns or even rehearsed set pieces. 

2 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

I’m hoping that’s the difference between the management team and me as a paying punter. Have seen both games over here in Ireland and I’d be at a loss to pick a starting eleven! 

Souttar, Berra, Halkett maybe the only three I would say looked definite starters. 

Not convinced we were using these games for anything other than fitness (least I hope not) as there was no obvious tactical patterns or even rehearsed set pieces. 

I thought fitness would have been gained at Gullane and that actual games would be used to have our starting 11 gel......however like you I’m just an interested punter.

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I must seem like a laugh riot to you know having had to suffered this all day ??

Pardon?

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, DuncansDoughnuts said:

your missing the point the guy meant if we werent so shit we would have more ST bought for sure under CL we are going nowhere fast :rifle:

So many different players have played and a good few moved around in different roles within these games. As I say quite feasible different things were being tried that we just don’t see. 

For long spells today we looked as one dimensional as we did late last year but I’m trying to remain positive. The youngsters in particular looked very good at Shelbourne while today the new boys showed potential. Add in Naismith and Walker and hopefully it comes together for the Cup. 

Edited by cocobeab

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Pardon?

Oaft just realised I made a dick of that with my spelling. I must seem mild now compared to some of the roasting stuff you’ve had to suffer from folk today. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Oaft just realised I made a dick of that with my spelling. I must seem mild now compared to some of the roasting stuff you’ve had to suffer from folk today. 

The spelling is generally OK. I think its more the order the words are arranged in.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I can’t wait for the first actual loss, if this is the impact of a defeat in a pre season friendly!

Just now, been here before said:

The spelling is generally OK. I think its more the order the words are arranged in.

It’s the rage flowing through me that causes it. No one ordered the seats, we haven’t filled in the corners, Martin, Sammon, wumans team, CCTV...

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I can’t wait for the first actual loss, if this is the impact of a defeat in a pre season friendly!

Imagine we lost on Friday with Wighton playing as a lone striker. Imagine the sheer amount of “Shiton” patter kicking around. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Imagine we lost on Friday with Wighton playing as a lone striker. Imagine the sheer amount of “Shiton” patter kicking around. 

I’d play Wighton on Friday, he’s a Dundee lad and has scored against United previously. First goal for Hearts scored against his previous derby rival!

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’d play Wighton on Friday, he’s a Dundee lad and has scored against United previously. First goal for Hearts scored against his previous derby rival!

Tell me you’re at the wind up PLEEEEEEZ!!

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’d do it just for the banter. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Tell me you’re at the wind up PLEEEEEEZ!!

Scored a really good goal in one of the training videos. Washington whips it in and he catches it first time on the volley. I won’t write off the next 10 years for the lad quite yet. I would have thought after last season folk would be a bit more cautious about writing a player off. Edwards and Mulraney Improved massively over the course of the season. Wighton can as well!

Not overall concerned about result, sounds like performance was more concerning. Think Friday is going to resemble the usual slog from most games this calendar year. Shame to be so pessimistic so early in the season. 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Scored a really good goal in one of the training videos. Washington whips it in and he catches it first time on the volley. I won’t write off the next 10 years for the lad quite yet. I would have thought after last season folk would be a bit more cautious about writing a player off. Edwards and Mulraney Improved massively over the course of the season. Wighton can as well!

The main guy that wrote off Edwards was Levein!

As for Wighton he is so lightweight and timid - I just can’t see him making it at Hearts.

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

How the **** is that my job?? If AB wants to put me on the payroll, I will sift through the Cv's that cross my desk. How much does Craig Levein cost? David Vanacek? Danny Amankwa?? etc

Equally it's not your job to decide how many tiers of management we need.  Best to keep your ideas to yourself or back them up.  You seem to ignore the fact that in around a year's time FoH could take over and may be landed with your appointment whether they want him or not.  Sounds like good forward planning.  Well done.

J.T.F.Robertson

If we don’t sign a couple of REAL midfielders, we are screwed.

HTF Levein thinks it worthwhile to wait around for the mainly anonymous Djoum to decide (again) whether our club matches up to his “talents” completely beats the feck out of me.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I very much doubt Budge and Levein has a falling out.

Not her style.

I also doubt she has blocked further signings 

On top of anything else if this had happened it would be one to one and I very much doubt that any ***** would know **** all about it.