1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We also played without:

Haring

Michael Smith  

Berra

Naismith

Hickey

Walker 

Arguably 5 or 6 players that will play in our first choice starting 11.

Also it was Souttar, Halkett, White and Washington's first game time this pre-season so wont be as up to speed as others.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Aich E Eh

• rick witter

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Morph said:

Hopefully Washington can get a few goals in these games to give him a bit of a confidence boost. 

The results might be meaningless but these games still do serve a purpose. 

:rofl:

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Jambomuzz said:

I thought walker played? He was the "trialist" no? 

No. Was taken out the squad as a precaution. He’d taken a knock in the warm up.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We also played without:

Haring

Michael Smith  

Berra

Naismith

Hickey

Walker 

Arguably 5 or 6 players that will play in our first choice starting 11.

Hickey is a 16 year old who has started 2 competitive games. And we're a weaker team without him??  Even Levein wouldn't use that as an excuse. 

Hampden Demolition
Just now, Jambomuzz said:

Picked up a small knock in the warm up. Rested as a precaution. 

1 minute ago, Jambomuzz said:

He was withdrawn before the game started (Tight hamstring) replaced by Edwards.

Edited by wavydavy

indianajones
3 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Utd will be a struggle on Fri. 

Based on absolutely nothing, I think we'll pump them similar to the Inverness game at the start of last season. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hickey is a 16 year old who has started 2 competitive games. And we're a weaker team without him??  Even Levein wouldn't use that as an excuse. 

He would you know.:lol: When the going get's tough.

jambomjm74

Reality is we don’t have a good enough midfield... plenty of bodies.. but missing a player who can dictate the play.  

Early days with walker, he left with a knackered knee and under a cloud... his return was a surprise him being injured isn’t to anyone.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

No. Was taken out the squad as a precaution. He’d taken a knock in the warm up.

We really should be making sure everyone knows not to push him too hard. Hopefully avoid this sort of thing happening in a real game. If Walker has played, we might have even beat this lot. Worries me that we aren’t taking these important games seriously.

Turkishcap

I remember going to pre season games back in the day and afterwards asking myself, did I pay to watch that? Friday counts.

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, wavydavy said:

He would you know.:lol: When the going get's tough.

You could be right Davy, he might be included the Official Excuse Book Volume III.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

You don’t even know how old he is so your opinion isn’t worth very much. You also need to understand what ‘5 or 6’ means and what the the word ‘arguably’ means. Finally, plenty of players who are 17 or 18 are good enough to make a massive impact on a game of football. The obvious comparison would be with Kieran Tierney!

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You could be right Davy, he might be included the Official Excuse Book Volume III.

:thumbs_up:

AlphonseCapone
44 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

My first person ignored since starting on kickback all those years ago. 

I feel good I don't have to read any more of that negative pap

Honestly tempted myself. Can't decide if he's a troll or is genuinely as miserable as his posts suggest. 

37 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

200.gif

:rofl:

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s a training game. It’s one step up from passy-shooty. Get control of yourself and take one of your Mum’s menopause remedies.

:rofl::rofl:

I honestly can't get into the mindset of someone who is worried after friendlies. You should all be keeping your cracking Levein insults for our inevitable pumping on Friday. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Reality is we don’t have a good enough midfield... plenty of bodies.. but missing a player who can dictate the play.  

Early days with walker, he left with a knackered knee and under a cloud... his return was a surprise him being injured isn’t to anyone.

If walker’s knee was knackered when he left, how did he pass the Wigan medical and then the Peterborough medical?

TyphoonJambo

Makes the Beith testamonial a must win, i suppose. 

rick witter
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You don’t even know how old he is so your opinion isn’t worth very much. You also need to understand what ‘5 or 6’ means and what the the word ‘arguably’ means. Finally, plenty of players who are 17 or 18 are good enough to make a massive impact on a game of football. The obvious comparison would be with Kieran Tierney!

What happens if 3 or 4 of these probable starters get injured? 

One is already injured and couldn’t play today. 

Our squad depth is dreadfully weak and it needs addressed before the season starts. 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Makes the Beith testamonial a must win, i suppose. 

Undoubtedly. Coming away from these first four fixtures with only 3 or 4 points in our back pocket from a possible 12 would be disastrous. The silver lining is we have a positive goal difference but a relegation dogfight looms if we keep this run of form going ?

Just now, rick witter said:

Our squad depth is dreadfully weak and it needs addressed before the season starts. 

You've never mentioned this before...

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Undoubtedly. Coming away from these first four fixtures with only 3 or 4 points in our back pocket from a possible 12 would be disastrous. The silver lining is we have a positive goal difference but a relegation dogfight looms if we keep this run of form going ?

A definite 6 pointer with Craig's coat oan a shpoglie peg

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

I would agree with this regarding centre mid. That was probably our weakest area before Djoum left and with Lee looking to be on the move we could really do with a couple of quality additions in there. Walker wasn't injured it is just a precaution, you'd be the first to blame Levein if he'd played him with a knock and he'd been injured as a result.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

All our midfield players want to go sideways or backwards.

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

We are not even creating chances. 

51 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We seem to have a real problem with tempo being way too slow.

49 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We don’t look like scoring. 

35 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Nothing seems to have changed from last season. 

22 minutes ago, rick witter said:

The second half team seems to be a bit more competitive. 

Can you do player ratings for those of us who weren’t able to make the game please ??

There’s no point getting wound up about results just now, dont think any of our squads in these friendlies have been full strength. 

Next Friday will be the first proper indicator of where we are after pre season.  Hopefully see a strong team out.  Shame about walker today but we knew the risks when signing him and doubt it’ll be the only time where he will sit out. 

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He was withdrawn before the game started (Tight hamstring) replaced by Edwards.

Cheers, I've been in work all day and seen the lineup post on Facebook, just seen the score and then popped on here and I first post I seen was someone saying walker didn't play, was confused lol. 

Cruyff Turn

It’s just a shitty friendly.

If we fail to beat Dundee Utd next Friday then the pressures on. Levein I suspect knows this. 

That is the game we need to give our absolute best. If we win that, the rest of the games can be used to give guys a run out and experiment with partnerships.

What we take from this week fitness wise is the main thing. 

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Utd will be a struggle on Fri. 

It’s a great first game of the season. Some hearts fans need to get a grip.

9 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Cheers, I've been in work all day and seen the lineup post on Facebook, just seen the score and then popped on here and I first post I seen was someone saying walker didn't play, was confused lol. 

:thumbs_up:

rick witter
12 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Can you do player ratings for those of us who weren’t able to make the game please ??

I thought an Uber fan like you would have been there mate. 

You know slating the young fans and all that no? 

Edited by rick witter

14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

?

Ronald Villiers

That team should have been cannon fodder for us.  I wonder what Levein's response will be.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, cocobeab said:

A few half time thoughts,

Moore, White, Cochrane and Bozanic no won a fifty fifty yet. Be expecting a bit more from each. Full backs weak in the air, Halkett looks a player, Cochrane playing deeper than Bozanic means we don’t go forward at all, both keen on going back. Mulraney and Edwards look to be keen and have energy but never on the ball enough Wighton tries hard but again without any end product. Washington looks to have ability and been busy, not a big guy tho, not winning much in air. Goal was a disaster for Cochrane whose head has been down since.

Fully aware it’s a pretty season run out all just by way of observation 

Thanks for update. Cochrane should be further up pitch than Boz every day of the week.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Guest ToqueJambo

I remember going to watch Hearts Arsenal in a friendly. They had Nicolas, OLeary and Woodcock in their team. Walter Kidd scored. Beat them 3-2. Nope, didn’t think that meant we could challenge at the top in the English league funnily enough.

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Player ratings please. You have been very critical of the performance. I was also unable to attend, and I’d like to hear about the performances of our players in this training exercise. ?

5 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

That team should have been cannon fodder for us.  I wonder what Levein's response will be.

Hopefully a healthy dose of ‘who cares’. :rofl: 

Captain Canada

I'll care properly about results when the season starts properly and we have a team like the one below starting:

Bobby, Smith, Souttar, Berra, White, Mulraney, Haring, Clare, Edwards, Walker & Uche.

Our bench could be along the lines of: Doyle, Halkett, Hickey, Cochrane, Bozanic, Washington and MacLean

I've not included Naismith as he won't be playing for us until August. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I remember going to watch Hearts Arsenal in a friendly. They had Nicolas, OLeary and Woodcock in their team. Walter Kidd scored. Beat them 3-2. Nope, didn’t think that meant we could challenge at the top in the English league funnily enough.

Like the other 10500 I was there too.....however this was a proper game of football where the crowd witnessed effort and heart to win the game. So unlike the crap that is regularly served up as friendlies nineteen times out of twenty. We were also playing a proper team of proper footballers...a real test

Bridge of Djoum
16 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Answer him. You've said more about the game than any other. Tell us about the game, what did you see? 

Otherwise please zip it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I watched Ballymena United beat Hearts 2-1 in 03/04. What did it mean for the season? The square root of bugger all.

Proper football starts next week.

William H. Bonney
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Guy behind me at Murrayfield was going crazy at hearts players for not closing down players etc....  we were playing Barcelona. 

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

Guy behind me at Murrayfield was going crazy at hearts players for not closing down players etc....  we were playing Barcelona. 

These 2 midfielders Chavvy and Inester will never make it at Barca!!!!