Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Aich E Eh

• rick witter

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm not sure I care anymore. Certainly not about todays result as it's only a pre-season warm up game.

The game in Scotland is set up for two teams only (and we know who they are) since the blue bigots were liquidated the response from the people that run the game (for the two teams previously mentioned) has been entirely predictable as it is desperately sad and annoying. Why would should get overly angry about performances and results is now beyond me. We will never genuinely challenge the bigot sister and neither will any other "diddy" team (as Cosgrove and the other one like to call us all). The game up here is a busted flush and I despise the GFA and SPFL to the core for it. 

The pathetic crap from peope wanting Levein sacked or not is irrelevant. No matter who is in charge the best you can ever hope for in Scotland is 3rd. How ****ing depressing and embarrassing is that. 

Third is far better than 6th 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

One tier Al. That's all. Someone that can question Levein and know what they're talking about. He would be happy with that though eh?

That's Mrs B's current role and will change soon to FoH

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, rick witter said:

I thought an Uber fan like you would have been there mate. 

You know slating the young fans and all that no? 

Nah I couldn’t make it. Assumed you were in attendance given your comments analysing the performance of the team?

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I heard a rumour from someone close to the club that Budge's patience with CL is starting to wear thin.  Apparently they had a falling out last week as she wont sanction the signing of anymore players this summer.  Could be total BS but hopefully its true.  If our poor form continues I think Budge will act after the first quarter of the season.

Hope so. It certainly wasn't credible last year to sign 19 players and not end up with enough strength in depth to cover injuries. Any business would ask searching questions of an employee who signed a player, at considerable  expense,  who was ostensibly going to hit the ground running,Vanacek, only to be shipped out after contributing nought. I still can't see her being ruthless enough to sack him but who knows. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Levein's tactics.

Brilliant ??

1 hour ago, Aich E Eh said:

You shouldn't demand answers from people when you can't answer questions yourself. 

Personal disputes aside surely even you can see there is a difference between give us your view on the game and why did you move from Edinburgh. 

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

I agree we have to wait until the competitive games. 

Maybe the team  will surprise us all and come out the traps flying. 

I just don’t see it. We have a bad habit of losing running through the club and barring Naismith I don’t see the characters there to change it. 

Im pretty sure if anyone looked that would be very similar post by a few this time last year. Hopefully we click as we did early doors and dont get the problems we had. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's Mrs B's current role and will change soon to FoH

But she isn't qualified to occupy that role, aswell as Chairman and owner 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Brilliant ??

Personal disputes aside surely even you can see there is a difference between give us your view on the game and why did you move from Edinburgh. 

Im pretty sure if anyone looked that would be very similar post by a few this time last year. Hopefully we click as we did early doors and dont get the problems we had. 

There's always hope. We all hope. 

Shouldn't have to though. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Aich E Eh said:

You should know then. 

Know what? We’ve had two different managers, two different home grounds and about 50-60 different players over the last 3 years. We now have a  fairly settled squad with a lot of good players. We have a nice balance of quality experienced players (Berra / Naismith), young acquisitions who look to have bags of potential (Clare / Mulraney) and great academy prospects (Hickey / Cochrane). We have done some shrewd business in the transfer market and only really need to address centre mid to have a very good squad. The most important aspect is that we have a lot of young players which means that we can develop exponentially over the next two seasons.

Brighton Jambo

What depresses me is that we are going to see the same people arguing the same points after every win and defeat this season.

it is so mind numbingly, predictably tedious 

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

What depresses me is that we are going to see the same people arguing the same points after every win and defeat this season.

it is so mind numbingly, predictably tedious 

Hard reading isnt it.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Know what? We’ve had two different managers, two different home grounds and about 50-60 different players over the last 3 years. We now have a  fairly settled squad with a lot of good players. We have a nice balance of quality experienced players (Berra / Naismith), young acquisitions who look to have bags of potential (Clare / Mulraney) and great academy prospects (Hickey / Cochrane). We have done some shrewd business in the transfer market and only really need to address centre mid to have a very good squad. The most important aspect is that we have a lot of young players which means that we can develop exponentially over the next two seasons.

Mate, there's no excuses left now. We need to go for the 3rd place. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But she isn't qualified to occupy that role, aswell as Chairman and owner 

In your most humble opinion.

WHO do you think we should have between her and CL and how much would that cost?  Bear in mind that is likely to be a short term appointment with FoH taking over soon.

I'm not so stupid that i don't see the job Levein is doing with the youngsters, but we need a new man in charge of the first team. How long are we going to put up with the 1st team being mediocre? 

He's not the man for manager, neither is anyone else at the club.

Jack Ross might of been that man but they pumped him straight out the door for whatever reason. 

Edited by Aich E Eh

SpruceBringsteen
4 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

We got pumped off Oban Saints in preseason last time we finished third.

3 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Do you think we start every season not going for the 1st place? But realistically looking at the 3rd place?

There is not one person at the club who doesn’t want to win every game we play. 

Nothing he said was excuses about going forward it was a sensible post on the past two years and where we are at now.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

In your most humble opinion.

WHO do you think we should have between her and CL and how much would that cost?  Bear in mind that is likely to be a short term appointment with FoH taking over soon.

How the **** is that my job?? If AB wants to put me on the payroll, I will sift through the Cv's that cross my desk. How much does Craig Levein cost? David Vanacek? Danny Amankwa?? etc

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Do you think we start every season not going for the 1st place? But realistically looking at the 3rd place?

There is not one person at the club who doesn’t want to win every game we play. 

Nothing he said was excuses about going forward it was a sensible post on the past two years and where we are at now.

Well obviously 6th place is acceptable since he's done that 2 years in a row after all the **** ups before hand. 

Just now, Aich E Eh said:

Well obviously 6th place is acceptable since he's done that 2 years in a row after all the **** ups before hand. 

And with that reply there is obviously no point debating with you.

Inch Hearts

Bring on the weekend.  Positive results are a beneficial bonus but do mean very very little especially with mix and match sides.  Even struggled against Raith last summer in the LC all in preparation for the season, something CL does often get right at the start of a season. 

been here before

As I understand things the current situation is as follows. We were shite after the Arbroath game, world beaters after Shelbourne game but we're now back to being shite again after this afternoon?

So its Levein, Budge, the Hippy and every other ***** oot again?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

And with that reply there is obviously no point debating with you.

Probably not. 

How long are we going to wait for the youngsters to come good?

Has cochrane come good? Macdonald? 

naw. 

I'm not trying to be negative but we all need to screw our heads on. 

Enzo Chiefo

Well we don"t know do we? The traditional post season synopsis by AB was, erm, lost in the post.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Probably not. 

How long are we going to wait for the youngsters to come good?

Has cochrane come good? Macdonald? 

naw. 

I'm not trying to be negative but we all need to screw our heads on. 

And realise that every other club has youngsters equally as good as ours, whether it be Motherwell,  Hamilton or Hibs.

Inch Hearts

And realise that every other club has youngsters equally as good as ours, whether it be Motherwell,  Hamilton or Hibs.

I don’t think that’s the case at all. 

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

As I understand things the current situation is as follows. We were shite after the Arbroath game, world beaters after Shelbourne game but we're now back to being shite again after this afternoon?

The hippy :groundhog:very good., 

Exactly, and a lot of them are getting signed up by rangers and celtic. 

Sorry to say it but i think we've all had the wool pulled over our eyes. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Sorry but that's not how I see it.

Levein has had plenty of time and the two different managers doesnt cut it.

50 -60 players and you can only quote 6.

The most promising imo Mulraney you didnt quote so 7.

Clare for me just wont do.

As for only needing to address center midfield.

I totally disagree.

Every club claims to have good youngsters coming through.

It's been 2 seasons of a brutal watch.

Other than the cup final and the 4-0 Celtic game it's been tough.

I dont want to get on about Levein and all that but your view is awfy rosie buddy.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all. 

What, we have better youngsters than other clubs? What evidence do you have? I could cite Hamilton competing in the equivalent Champions League and Motherwell getting money for Jake Hastie and, nearly, Turnbull. 

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

No.

But it does seem we will suffer the same lack of pace and the inability to impose ourselves and our game.

There really has not been anything to suggest different .

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What, we have better youngsters than other clubs? What evidence do you have? I could cite Hamilton competing in the equivalent Champions League and Motherwell getting money for Jake Hastie and, nearly, Turnbull. 

Hastie has left far too early after 6 good months maximum Turnbull is extraordinary but the case is he stayed at Motherwell youth level because that’s his team.  I don’t think there’s any club in Scotland with the amount of players coming through with a great chance of making it the game. Certainly nothing from the other part of the city, they seem to be scrapping on rejects from hearts academy. 

28 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Playing attractive football would be a start tbh.

I dont know if I could watch what I watched all season again.

Madjambo21

Not to bothered about pre season results but Craig will be judged in the cup.

I expect 3 wins no problem. 

If we struggle in the cup and opening games I don't think we can defend him much more.

We do rely on Naismith to much but really hope we kick on this season and put a fight on for 2nd or 3rd, 6th or behind Hibs is unacceptable 

Mr Elwood P
28 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

I don't think we necessarily need to finish 3rd, we need to qualify for the Europa League this season though. 3rd, 4th or a Scottish Cup win would all be very good seasons. Every chance we are going to have the 5th biggest budget now with Hibs having fresh investment and Aberdeen already being ahead of us in terms of turnover. There won't be much  between the three clubs but it is something to consider when taking an objective look at our targets for the 2019/20 season. Hopefully we've spent our money wisely this window as that is likely to be where the league positions will be won and lost. Disappointed that Aberdeen have signed Bryson, he would have been perfect. Hopefully Levein has Charlie Adam or similar up his sleeve.

We could honestly double our season ticket sales if we weren't so shite. 

Bring on the fan ownership. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I still can't see her being ruthless enough to sack him but who knows. 

Lheveine has nursed Budge through her soccerball chairwoman apprenticeship, Enzo. 

She'll pull the trigger before you've settled down to your dram and slice of black bun.

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, jake said:

Sorry but that's not how I see it.

Levein has had plenty of time and the two different managers doesnt cut it.

50 -60 players and you can only quote 6.

The most promising imo Mulraney you didnt quote so 7.

Clare for me just wont do.

As for only needing to address center midfield.

I totally disagree.

Every club claims to have good youngsters coming through.

It's been 2 seasons of a brutal watch.

Other than the cup final and the 4-0 Celtic game it's been tough.

I dont want to get on about Levein and all that but your view is awfy rosie buddy.

I did quote Mulraney and we have far more than six good players, I was merely giving two examples in each category. I think Clare has far more potential than Mulraney but I'm very excited to see both develop over the season. Uche, Souttar, Garuccio, Wighton (potentially), Burns, Irving, Stone, Hamilton, Logan, Moore, McDonald, Connor Smith and Morrison are all young enough to improve to the extent that they can dominate games.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Mr Elwood P

We could honestly double our season ticket sales if we weren't so shite. 

Bring on the fan ownership. 

Aye 25,000 season tickets sold would be idea for a 20,000 capacity stadium. Bed time!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

On Friday I want to see a Hearts side playing as a well organised side, attacking at every opportunity and making their goalkeeper work. We’re playing a championship side but i’d still be expecting a good performance if it were an SPL side.

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye 25,000 season tickets sold would be idea for a 20,000 capacity stadium. Bed time!

It's no my fault they didnae make enough seats. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I did quote Mulraney and we have far more than six good players, I was merely giving two examples in each category. I think Clare has far more potential than Mulraney but I'm very excited to see both develop over the season. Uche, Souttar, Garuccio, Wighton (potentially), Burns, Irving, Stone, Hamilton, Logan, Moore, McDonald, Connor Smith and Morrison are all young enough to improve to the extent that they can dominate games.

I do think they can develope .

I'm not sure they will under the current coaching staff or with the style we apply .

I'm sorry dont want to go down this route as it leads to the usual back and forth.

And there was signs of good movement early last season.

Signs.

But the stodgy style whether we like to admit it or not is trademark Levein.

I really hope I'm proved wrong.

I've watched Hearts through worse times and dont expect to be high fliers buddy.

But I do want to see us impose an attacking style.

Anyway we will just go round in circles .

And I would love for Levein to be successful .

He loves the club.

So do we.

Doesnt mean we get to manage it.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

On Friday I want to see a Hearts side playing as a well organised side, attacking at every opportunity and making their goalkeeper work. We’re playing a championship side but i’d still be expecting a good performance if it were an SPL side.

Hope it is an attacking game. Have this vision that it'll be two teams passing the ball about in midfield and backwards and not a lot happening going forward, lets hope it's the opposite.

We were very poor in front of a very decent sized Hearts support, a combination of travelling and N.I. based.

Halkett looks a player and easily our best today.

Wighton had a clear chance on goal and bottled it, opting to pass.

Glenavon are in pre-season also, the league hasn’t started in N.I. (Despite some posters info).

Disappointing result from a locally based Jambo’s point of view, but understand totally that we are getting the fitness up, ready for the real stuff.

Edited by nijambo

If I was manager of Hearts.

Today i’d of been looking for players who are showing form, confidence, a good work ethic and will to win as i’d be wanting the players to force their way into the team on Friday. If I never noticed any players giving me these things i’d be wondering why they were at Hearts and why I signed them.

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We just need to hope that the youngsters mentioned here can develop effectively. I worry that Cochrane for example has, like others over the last 3/4 years, started going backwards in his development and could end up going down the leagues like most of the others that started at us, Paterson being the exception.  Another example....i'm still to be convinced over Morrison. I think back to Billy King and thought he was better at this stage than Morrison is. We live in hope.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
13 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

It's no my fault they didnae make enough seats. 

We've got enough seats, it's the corners to put them in we need.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, farin said:

Banner behind the goals today made me chuckle. ?

5B758873-26B3-46C1-85C7-E96C304ACB2E.jpeg.60c3b050ecfd032c18e35fac330f3792.jpeg

Drop the first two words of that and it's :spoton: