• Aich E Eh

• rick witter

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tartofmidlothian
4 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

A few half time thoughts,

Moore, White, Cochrane and Bozanic no won a fifty fifty yet. Be expecting a bit more from each. Full backs weak in the air, Halkett looks a player, Cochrane playing deeper than Bozanic means we don’t go forward at all, both keen on going back. Mulraney and Edwards look to be keen and have energy but never on the ball enough Wighton tries hard but again without any end product. Washington looks to have ability and been busy, not a big guy tho, not winning much in air. Goal was a disaster for Cochrane whose head has been down since.

Fully aware it’s a pretty season run out all just by way of observation 

Cheers for the update.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Indeed he did.

Think he should have been looking before now because it was pretty obvious both players were going.

I am sure Levein has been trying to find players long before. But the window can provide benefits for finding players in the last month of it. You could sign a player now to have them in July and August for those games, or you could sign a player who is much better quality in August. Not saying that is right or not and certainly a gamble, but it could be the thinking here if we haven't signed a midfielder yet.

rick witter
8 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

A few half time thoughts,

Moore, White, Cochrane and Bozanic no won a fifty fifty yet. Be expecting a bit more from each. Full backs weak in the air, Halkett looks a player, Cochrane playing deeper than Bozanic means we don’t go forward at all, both keen on going back. Mulraney and Edwards look to be keen and have energy but never on the ball enough Wighton tries hard but again without any end product. Washington looks to have ability and been busy, not a big guy tho, not winning much in air. Goal was a disaster for Cochrane whose head has been down since.

Fully aware it’s a pretty season run out all just by way of observation 

Sounds typical Hearts away from home. All our midfield players want to go sideways or backwards. 

Washington will soon get pissed of playing up front for us when he gets to see very little of the ball. 

Have we had any decent chances to score or created anything of note? That’s The biggest worry if we are not even creating chances. 

Edited by rick witter

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I am sure Levein has been trying to find players long before. But the window can provide benefits for finding players in the last month of it. You could sign a player now to have them in July and August for those games, or you could sign a player who is much better quality in August. Not saying that is right or not and certainly a gamble, but it could be the thinking here if we haven't signed a midfielder yet.

Yeah, that is a real possibility I suppose.

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Sounds typical Hearts away from home. All our midfield players want to go sideways or backwards. 

Washington will soon get pissed of playing up front for us when he gets to see very little of the ball. 

Or a lack of intensity in a pre season friendly 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or a lack of intensity in a pre season friendly 

I don't think Levein is in a position to be losing games, friendly or not. 

scott herbertson

My first person ignored since starting on kickback all those years ago. 

I feel good I don't have to read any more of that negative pap

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Aich E Eh said:

It's halftime and we are 1 down. we won the last game 7-0. Do friendlies matter, or not?

Careful now, kiddo. There is a trap in that question.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Get yourself a drink then.

YAAAASSSSS!!!!!!

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Aich E Eh said:

You’re surplus to requirements on this forum bud. We’ve already got a faceless cast of thousands pedalling the negativity bandwagon into oblivion ...

1469B5C2-BA15-4D30-A6CE-E828348B620F.jpeg.17caa3150bdee49ae447d7e6b6974152.jpeg

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Have we had any decent chances to score or created anything of note? That’s The biggest worry if we are not even creating chances. 

Couple of half chances that Mulraney and Washington created themselves, Bozanic free kick. That was it for first half. Started second a wee bit sharper - Irving makes a difference for me, but fell back into sloppy this last five and it’s mostly them at the moment. 

rick witter
Just now, cocobeab said:

Couple of half chances that Mulraney and Washington created themselves, Bozanic free kick. That was it for first half. Started second a wee bit sharper - Irving makes a difference for me, but fell back into sloppy this last five and it’s mostly them at the moment. 

Cheers for the update. 

We seem to have a real problem with tempo being way too slow. I know it’s pre season but it will slip into the cup games and league games if we don’t get it sorted out in the friendlies. 

rick witter
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Meltdoon incoming.

Everybody oot!!

You know what it’s really not surprising in the slightest that we are losing. It’s the fact we don’t look like scoring. 

letsalldothebeattie

Still think we need a keeper going into the season. Don’t get Levein’s reluctance to not go out and get a new one. Neither Zlamal or Doyle are good enough for us

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Meltdoon incoming.

Everybody oot!!

Why do people think it’s funny when we’re getting pumped ?

Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

Still think we need a keeper going into the season. Don’t get Levein’s reluctance to not go out and get a new one. Neither Zlamal or Doyle are good enough for us

How do you know we don't look like scoring if you're not at the game? 

4 shots on target we have had according to the stats I'm looking at.

Haringshairband

I've been trying to be positive in most threads but if we end up with results like this in the league cup I might turn on Levein.

Portable Badger

Meltdoon incoming.

Everybody oot!!

Lost 2:1 to Whitehill Welfare anaw !!!  The end is nigh !! - according to the roasters

7 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It's halftime and we are 1 down. we won the last game 7-0. Do friendlies matter, or not?

Careful now, kiddo. There is a trap in that question.

Exactly, we won the last game 7-0. So i'm not sure you can question the intensity. 

We won because we were playing an irish 2nd division team. 

Today we're playing an irish premiership team who are currently 3rd. 

Do Friendlies matter? Yes and no. ;)

rick witter
Just now, Hercules said:

Putting up nonsense posts mate when they are just as worried as the rest of us. 

This game against Dundee Utd is massive imo. 

gowestjambo
1 minute ago, Hercules said:

Not everyone. Just the Happy Clappers who can find an excuse for everything....

FarmerTweedy
33 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The fact that he isn't going to replace djoum with another quality midfielder astonishes me

You seem to be struggling with the meaning of the word 'fact'!

jamboinglasgow

as a friendly I dont read too much into it as the competitive games are where we see what the season is going to do, but I do miss winning.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

NaturalOrder74

Will reserve my judgement for how we get on in the cup games lot of trying new things out in these games but not a good sign were losing so many goals, keeper is not good enough 

hughesie27
22 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Willy Burns

Bit off topic but you can get cream for that.

3 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Who said it was funny?

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

It's only a friendly. Results mean nothing at all, all about fitness

?

Mr Elwood P
Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

Will reserve my judgement for how we get on in the cup games lot of trying new things out in these games but not a good sign were losing so many goals, keeper is not good enough 

Has he been at fault for both goals?

Meltdoon incoming.

Everybody oot!!

Really looking forward to next Friday  when can put this it's only a friendly pre season chat to bed and start to judge Levein for what he is . 

Personally I think he's a joker that has been going through the motions for the last few years .

A third season in a row finishing behind the shite should see him off . 

5 minutes ago, Hercules said:

:facepalm:

Edited by graygo