End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

38 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Agree totally with the first sentence. There seems to be a belief that "expecting" or "demanding" something as supporters, somehow translates in to success.

Here we go again with the old “sense of entitlement” catchphrase........

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

I don’t think anybody is “happy” with where things are currently or how this season is went. We all want better for our club. The decision for folk is do they think better can happen under the current managerial team and we’re split 50/50 on that.

For me, and a lot of people it seems, the cup final restored some much needed belief and hope. Prior to the final I would have voted yes but I’ve got that feeling in my water now. What my water tells me is that something special may be about to happen and we’ll never know unless we stick with Levein. 

Either way, half of us will be wrong and I’m sure the vast majority of those voting yes will quite happily be proved wrong. Most of them will still be there each week supporting the team despite wanting change and for that they have my full respect.

Hey Frank - great post! ?

22 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Here we go again with the old “sense of entitlement” catchphrase........

You’re doing it wrong, Thomaso. ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Genuine question, can you give an example of a fan base that “demanded more” and got it as opposed to fans who want more and support their club to get it? More of the latter than former I think.

There have been some successful oustings of owners but that’s different as the club’s whole future is at stake.

The only club recently that I can think of that listened to their fans when it came the manager position was Arsenal and that hasn’t exactly worked out from what I’ve read.

Some team called Heart of Midlothian wanted rid of guy called Cathro and got Levein, which according to you and others was an upgrade? 

Celtic fans wanted rid of Delia and got Rodgers. Rangers fans wanted rid of Murty and got Gerrard. Aberdeen fans wanted rid of Brown and got McInnes. Hibs fans that I know wanted rid of Lennon and got Heckingbottom.

Kilmarnock fans wanted rid of McCulloch and got Clarke. Is that enough off the top of my head? Do you see the link with the five teams apart from us I’ve mentioned? 

2 hours ago, oh ah grantona said:

Scottish cup is now lowest prize money competition available to us. Even the TV fee has been reduced to boost prize funds (no idea how much it is exactly as hard to find) TV money has went from £80k per match to £40k per match again that might be more with new premier BBC deal.

A 3rd place finish would net us 500k more plus more walk ups than a 6th place would so more match day income and the icing on cake Europe think Ur looking at another 200k easy 

So a 3rd place finish imo would net 250/500k plus more than losing finalist also if we were 3rd that 10.5 k season ticket announcement would have been 14k 

I'd say winning a cup is same as 3rd 

Roll on next season with mega improvement required

So not "far more income for 3rd" then?  ;) 

Not sure we make much money from Europe these days. (when we do qualify)

Walk ups would be more than covered with the gate money from the semi finals and final.

Either way, let's hope for 3rd or better and a cup win then we will all be happy.

52 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Some team called Heart of Midlothian wanted rid of guy called Cathro and got Levein, which according to you and others was an upgrade? 

Celtic fans wanted rid of Delia and got Rodgers. Rangers fans wanted rid of Murty and got Gerrard. Aberdeen fans wanted rid of Brown and got McInnes. Hibs fans that I know wanted rid of Lennon and got Heckingbottom.

Kilmarnock fans wanted rid of McCulloch and got Clarke. Is that enough off the top of my head? Do you see the link with the five teams apart from us I’ve mentioned? 

Nailed it bud! ?

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nobody can predict the future so we’ll just need to wait and see what happens. ??

Hectormasson
On 29/05/2019 at 11:15, Olly Lee's left boot said:

No, but if there was an outstanding candidate then yes. 

Making the change to Hartley, Pressley, Robbo, McCann, Wright, Sergio or a journey man English manager is not for me. 

I would like to see something like Paul Hartley,,Gary Naismith,, and rudi,at the helm ,dont think we could do any wrong with these 3,with rudi as head coach,,,but that's only my personal opinion ??

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Hectormasson said:

I would like to see something like Paul Hartley,,Gary Naismith,, and rudi,at the helm ,dont think we could do any wrong with these 3,with rudi as head coach,,,but that's only my personal opinion ??

It could work, but it's a hell of a gamble and means hitting the reseat button again which I don't think is the best thing for improvement year on year. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

At least two of them will finish below us next season? Only one of them reached a SC final last season?

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

At least two of them will finish below us next season? Only one of them reached a SC final last season?

Is this GUARANTEED? Some people can only tolerate change if things are guaranteed when changes are made, apparently!

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Great comeback ????.

You can’t guarantee that, not even Celtic had as easy a route as we did. Arsenal had a slightly better season, won one more game but scored one less goal and lost two more goals. Reached a final though so everything’s ok eh ??

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Nobody can predict the future so we’ll just need to wait and see what happens. ??

Definitely, not sure that had anything to do with question though more of his answer.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great comeback ????.

You can’t guarantee that, not even Celtic had as easy a route as we did. Arsenal had a slightly better season, won one more game but scored one less goal and lost two more goals. Reached a final though so everything’s ok eh ??

Did I say everything's ok emoji man?

We just disagree on change this summer or change next summer. I’ve given my reasons clearly. 

27 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Is this GUARANTEED? Some people can only tolerate change if things are guaranteed when changes are made, apparently!

We got the change many wanted when Neilson left.

I have still yet to hear a

single realistic new manager available this summer, with LC games kicking off in a month or so, on our budget and

meeting our criteria - DoF, work with youth, sustainable budget, no or very little compensation available to pay. 

All ears though!

Not only are people split on whether they want Craig to stay or leave, they’ll also be split on who to bring in - experience or young? Scottish or foreign?

My view is Craig has built a good Spine and it would be more risky to replace him now - unless there is a stellar candidate.

Edited by Guest

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
59 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

You're right Frank. We have to look at the 2 sixth place finishes and a place in a cup final that we were given the best opportunity to reach, our impotent attackers and that we basically gave up in the league and didn't put enough to effort to win matches.

It's either try to predict the future or try to base an opinion from the facts we have presently. One thing you shouldn't do is mock people that use evidence while using a faith argument. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

single realistic new manager available this summer, with LC games kicking off in a month or so, on our budget and

meeting our criteria - DoF, work with youth, sustainable budget, no or very little compensation available to pay. 

All ears though!

I think you dodged the question. :)

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did I say everything's ok emoji man?

We just disagree on change this summer or change next summer. I’ve given my reasons clearly. 

I do love an emoji, I feel it helps decipher the point I’m making. If I knew how to do all those hilarious things Frank does I still wouldn’t ???.

So no change next summer even if we’re 6th again? People call me entrenched and unable to listen to reason ?.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

You're right Frank. We have to look at the 2 sixth place finishes and a place in a cup final that we were given the best opportunity to reach, our impotent attackers and that we basically gave up in the league and didn't put enough to effort to win matches.

It's either try to predict the future or try to base an opinion from the facts we have presently. One thing you shouldn't do is mock people that use evidence while using a faith argument. 

Facts also include the longest unbeaten run outwith celtic last season and the injuries that halted it. Convenient you ignores that.

And trying to lessen the achievement of getting to a cup final is just shan. If it was that easy how come we don’t do it more often. We’re knocked out by teams similar to the ones in that run every few years.

Edited by Guest

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

All ears though!

Would we be advertising for a DoF as well? The budget issue is relevant to 99.99% of clubs so would not put many off applying imo

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I do love an emoji, I feel it helps decipher the point I’m making. If I knew how to do all those hilarious things Frank does I still wouldn’t ???.

So no change next summer even if we’re 6th again? People call me entrenched and unable to listen to reason ?.

Change? What change exactly? Just the manager? For who? All the coaches? Ok its your view. Seems risky to me given how much of a lottery hiring a manager is as we well know.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Would we be advertising for a DoF as well? The budget issue is relevant to 99.99% of clubs so would not put many off applying imo

So you want levein out completely? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Asking for guaranteed success? Who would do that?

Just search the thread.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

All ears though!

That’s a good point about the availability and names of people who could replace the current incumbents. It’s another problem with the situation that we have when the only football expert on the board is the guy that needs replaced. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Change? What change exactly? Just the manager? For who? All the coaches? Ok its your view. Seems risky to me given how much of a lottery hiring a manager is as we well know.

But as the showed earlier all the teams above is managed it quite easily. Yes everyone connected with the first team if they fail again.

Hectormasson
On 29/05/2019 at 12:51, jbee647 said:

I’ve not heard any genuine Hearts fan say they are happy with Levein, many long standing good Hearts people are at the end of there patience, and are now looking for change.

Who are these fans who are satisfied with the current malaise, I have genuinely not spoken to any, even in the aftermath of Saturdays emotionally charged occasion I never heard any call he should continue in charge 

Totally agree here, theres no one I've spoken to wants him in charge & most dont wont him at the club full stop !!! Its only on kick back that the vote is around 50/50,the word on the street is LEVEIN OUT !

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So you want levein out completely? 

No, not particularly. 

I took from your post that we would be looking for a Head Coach AND a DoF, which implies he would be Out Out (as Mickey Flanagan would say)

3 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Totally agree here, theres no one I've spoken to wants him in charge & most dont wont him at the club full stop !!! Its only on kick back that the vote is around 50/50,the word on the street is LEVEIN OUT !

And yet, I have spoken to many Hearts fans in the real world too. About 50/50 go or stay by my estimation. Something reflected in these results. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

But as the showed earlier all the teams above is managed it quite easily.

Give Levein Mcinnes’s budget and a league with 2-3 main competitors out of the equation and I think hed have done better than one league cup win.

What has heckingbottom achieved? Lets see how he does after a similar rebuilding job to levein.

Clarke was a oneoff for Killie.

Gerrard and Rodgers no comment. They’re in a league of their own.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

No, not particularly. 

I took from your post that we would be looking for a Head Coach AND a DoF, which implies he would be Out Out (as Mickey Flanagan would say)

No meant the new man would probably have to work with a dof as part of the job criteria.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No.

All good. I only saw the post I'm referring to because someone quoted it. Apparently, a manager shouldn't be changed unless it is somehow guaranteed that they will be better. As you say, that can't be guaranteed so the logical conclusion of that argument is to never sack a manager!

Nookie Bear
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

No meant the new man would probably have to work with a dof as part of the job criteria.

Is that insurmountable? It depends on whether BOTH parties are comfortable with the roles and how they interact with each other. 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s a good point about the availability and names of people who could replace the current incumbents. It’s another problem with the situation that we have when the only football expert on the board is the guy that needs replaced. 

We’re lucky we have any football expert on the board. Not many clubs do.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is that insurmountable? It depends on whether BOTH parties are comfortable with the roles and how they interact with each other. 

No idea but dof seems to be a controversial thing in scotland.

Nookie Bear
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

No idea but dof seems to be a controversial thing in scotland.

Yeah I know, although I would probably want a non-Scottish coach anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah I know, although I would probably want a non-Scottish coach anyway. 

I saw Roberto De mateo linked with killie. Doubt it but he’d be a name I’d be excited by. 

Edited by Guest

Hectormasson
12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

And yet, I have spoken to many Hearts fans in the real world too. About 50/50 go or stay by my estimation. Something reflected in these results. 

Very many fans that attend tyney are not on kickback,and are anti levein ? Not always have been , but recent season had put it to them. That hes not the man for job !!. For instance a vote of confidence for levein on gorgie boys Twitter?? Would probably be 80% minimum. In favour of him out ?

25 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

.... word on the street .... that will be BOTHWELL STREET  .... we know what they (you?) are like....

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Hectormasson
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

.... word on the street .... that will be BOTHWELL STREET  .... we know what

they are like....

Nah they feckers dont count ,wouldn't know how to vote "

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Give Levein Mcinnes’s budget and a league with 2-3 main competitors out of the equation and I think hed have done better than one league cup win.

What has heckingbottom achieved? Lets see how he does after a similar rebuilding job to levein.

Clarke was a oneoff for Killie.

Gerrard and Rodgers no comment. They’re in a league of their own.

They all did better than their predecessor which was what you stipulated.

I think Mcinnes finishing 2nd so many times, winning a cup and reaching 3/4 other finals would have him up there behind Fergie as one their most successful managers. The fans still want him out because of the football they play, his fan boys say he was missing Mackay Steven/Devlin/McKenna/Logan and McGinn. Sounds familiar ?.

Heckingbottom made up 14 points on us from February which is no mean feat with another managers team allegedly?

No sure what evidence you have that Levein will ever win anything, 3 and 0 so far in finals. But there’s no guarantees  eh ??‍♂️.

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Nah they feckers dont count ,wouldn't know how to vote "

? ..... quick (too?) denial!!!?

Hectormasson
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

? ..... quick (too?) denial!!!?

Eh ???I live in gorgie ,(denial)???????????????????????nah

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I saw Roberto De mateo linked with killie. Doubt it but he’d be a name I’d be excited by. 

Ian Holloway wants it, shows there is a level of interest in jobs up here.

8 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Very many fans that attend tyney are not on kickback,and are anti levein ? Not always have been , but recent season had put it to them. That hes not the man for job !!. For instance a vote of confidence for levein on gorgie boys Twitter?? Would probably be 80% minimum. In favour of him out ?

I am sure you are absolutely correct. Also a great many fans who attend games do not want him out. Is The Gorgie Boys Twitter the one that the singing section use?

Hectormasson
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I am sure you are absolutely correct. Also a great many fans who attend games do not want him out. Is The Gorgie Boys Twitter the one that the singing section use?

Probably ,but what I'm trying to say ,its another forum with their views on levein,a forum out side of jkb, 

I closed this poll with the majority of voters wanting Levein OUT.

I found out that Hibees and anti Hearts fans corrupted this poll in favour of keeping Levein. 

Now if you believe that you'll believe Levein will win the Treble next season.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We’re lucky we have any football expert on the board. Not many clubs do.

Your right there, Aberdeen have Craig Brown ?.