End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

Roland Rat
Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

He absolutely is. McInnes would have had to take a wage cut to take the Scotland job.

Good luck to him if he's secured himself that kind of gig. That's the Michael O'Neill of the Scottish domestic scene deal! 

Budge is probably trying get to limit outgoings whilst the stand is completed. At some point our operational costs will rise as we aren't paying Levein a fortune, particularly when you consider what we are asking him to do. Moreover she's performing a CEO function for no remuneration 

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Roland Rat said:

McInnes surely can't be on 4 x what Levein is on as someone suggested earlier 

Budge is saving a fair whack on a HC salary by asking Craig to fix the Cathro fiasco though 

And how much will it cost her to fix the Levein fiasco? 

Oh, and Cathro was hired on the say so of Levein. ?

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

The Levein fiasco? :lol:

I think you are starting to let your disappointment cloud reality a little now, mate.

23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

750k according to recent reports.

**** me , you and I on the same page Enzo thats apocalyptic stuff ??? Indeed thats my understanding aswell. 

So thats roughly 22%

Edited by sadj

44 minutes ago, Roland Rat said:

McInnes is on nearly £700k? Surely not 

Yeah keep going as Enzo said £750k wasn’t sure it was public knowledge or not but going by replies it is. Apologies if I knew that I’d of just said in the first place

Roland Rat
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yeah keep going as Enzo said £750k wasn’t sure it was public knowledge or not but going by replies it is. Apologies if I knew that I’d of just said in the first place

Good luck to him.  He's grossly overpaid though imho at that level 

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, Roland Rat said:

Budge is saving a fair whack on a HC salary by asking Craig to fix the Cathro fiasco though 

Putting aside Levein's culpability for that fiasco, every manager could say the same thing as they are usually offered a role to sort out a mess.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

**** me , you and I on the same page Enzo thats apocalyptic stuff ??? Indeed thats my understanding aswell. 

So thats roughly 22%

Almost unheard of ,Sadj. ??. Yes, I think the 750k was reported in connection with him being linked to the Scotland job.  

2 minutes ago, Roland Rat said:

Good luck to him.  He's grossly overpaid though imho at that level 

Yup , one of the reasons there was discussions to mutually part ways this summer. You wonder why he turned down Rangers now ??

Roland Rat
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Progress on the field hasn't been a the rate I'd have hoped. A clear passage to a cup final can't detract from another poor league campaign.  I'm not sure I can describe it as a fiasco though 

Budge is clearly keeping a lid on costs at this time. Fixed operating costs at least. She's paying less than £170k for a CEO, DoF and HC. At some point in the not to distant future those 3 or perhaps 2 roles will come at a significantly higher cost 

Nobody would dispute that Cathro was a Levein choice 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Almost unheard of ,Sadj. ??. Yes, I think the 750k was reported in connection with him being linked to the Scotland job.  

?

Within that it seriously puts in perspective how much work Ann and Craig have done for the club for little return. Something that will have to change when we move on from both. Love them or hate them not one person can fault that commitment to us.

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, Roland Rat said:

I'm stating my belief that injuries are over used in justifying what was a totally unacceptable sequence of results and performances from the LC semi final onwards. Of course injuries hampered us. Aberdeen had a number of injuries as did Hibs. They were without Boyle for the second half of the season for example 

At the AGM Levein basically admitted that he had ran out of ideas once Uche got injured. He only had MacLean fit at one stage, but look at the manner in which he utilised him. Watch the 90 mins at Almondvale for a horrible example. Part of his solution was to try and get Vanecek in early. Least said about that the better 

Clearly the loss of Naismith has been profound. Anyone in the league would miss a player like him. But to be so reliant on him to begin with is the concern. A player who is here through Norwich paying the lion share of his wages and the part we are paying being met through non income generated contributions is a further concern. Kilmarnock amassed more than 30 points more than us in just over 18 months with a significantly inferior budget. Hibs get promoted 2 years after us yet finish above us in each of the seasons thereafter. These are not signs of progress no matter how hard some may try to convince to the contrary 

Very well put.

I'm stating my belief that injuries are over used in justifying what was a totally unacceptable sequence of results and performances from the LC semi final onwards. Of course injuries hampered us. Aberdeen had a number of injuries as did Hibs. They were without Boyle for the second half of the season for example 

At the AGM Levein basically admitted that he had ran out of ideas once Uche got injured. He only had MacLean fit at one stage, but look at the manner in which he utilised him. Watch the 90 mins at Almondvale for a horrible example. Part of his solution was to try and get Vanecek in early. Least said about that the better 

Clearly the loss of Naismith has been profound. Anyone in the league would miss a player like him. But to be so reliant on him to begin with is the concern. A player who is here through Norwich paying the lion share of his wages and the part we are paying being met through non income generated contributions is a further concern. Kilmarnock amassed more than 30 points more than us in just over 18 months with a significantly inferior budget. Hibs get promoted 2 years after us yet finish above us in each of the seasons thereafter. These are not signs of progress no matter how hard some may try to convince to the contrary 

Sorry but we've been over this circular argument many many times although I appreciate you are fairly new to Kickback.  Despite that I'm respectfully going to give your assertions a miss because I've run out of different ways of saying the same thing.

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The Levein fiasco? :lol:

I think you are starting to let your disappointment cloud reality a little now, mate.

Two sixth place finishes, crap football and umpteen rubbish signings sitting on their erse earning a fortune. That, to me, is a fiasco. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Link, please.

I have no link, you will probably be aware I live in Aberdeen, I have 2 people fairly close to the club, who believe this to be absolutely true.

He has been writing his own cheques up there for some time, the 4 2nd place finishes have bankrolled him.

You have to question what would make you turn down your boyhood heroes. A mess to tidy certainly, he has his project on the go with the training ground, but essentially he is being very well looked after.

New contract will be interesting, do they continue to back him as the cash flow from performance begins to suffer, now he suddenly has all his competition back.

38 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

If we were playing blackjack, Craig Levein would be a hard 16 on the stick or twist.

:laugh2: Very good.

Roland Rat
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Sorry but we've been over this circular argument many many times although I appreciate you are fairly new to Kickback.  Despite that I'm respectfully going to give your assertions a miss because I've run out of different ways of saying the same thing.

No worries. The fact Kilmarnock achieved around 30 points more than us from the time Clarke took over is the bit I find most galling.

Ordinarily back to back 6th place finishes would result in dismissal at a club of Hearts stature. Perhaps our owner and a core of our support have lessened their expectation levels in recent times 

Bad Religion
5 minutes ago, Roland Rat said:

No worries. The fact Kilmarnock achieved around 30 points more than us from the time Clarke took over is the bit I find most galling.

Ordinarily back to back 6th place finishes would result in dismissal at a club of Hearts stature. Perhaps our owner and a core of our support have lessened their expectation levels in recent times 

Original and thought provoking. 

Problem with your conclusion is it’s one dimensional( I’m assuming your lack of progress is entirely centred around the first team ) this is is totally logical  , Craig and Ann have been working on so many different projects at once and have made massive amounts of progress overall , for us it’s first team that matters ,the management  structure just hasn’t been strong enough for Craig to Do several roles . If he believes he’s done his best as manager that in itself would mean his time was up . We need a manager working full time to get it right using the players we have regardless of injuries to get 100% out of our team of players , I do see progress and I’m very proud of all the off field stuff and the kids development we need to make last season the last transitional season for a while 

1 minute ago, Roland Rat said:

Would it though? 

Its more the opposite really isn’t it under Vlad basketcase or not there was a modicum of success. The reason some people feel although things aren’t good enough there is a difference in opinion is there are a lot of fans who have higher expectations now due to that. Others have what they feel is a more realistic outlook and believe long term we will get that success. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not in Scotland it didn't.

Even our authorities wouldn't open the transfer window before the last league game of the season. 

Well....?

Bridge, I don' t know why you are challenging Enzo's entitlement to be called a Hearts supporter. He or she is only standing by his/her principles. I have said on other threads that you do not necessarily need to accept all that is going on at the Club to be deemed a real supporter. It is actually your duty to highlight failings, if the Club is to progress, yes even denying them your cash if you think it is being spent wastefully. If your favourite pub changed hands and the beer and service was crap would you still keep going out of loyalty? Would you keep your Netflix membership going if they were sending out poor stuff? I think not. Quite frankly, the entertainment value at Tyne is currently deplorable, and the money wasted on injury prone journeymen is a disgrace. One final point, it is not only Enzo's predictions which have not materialised, I remember forecasts of fourth, third second and yes, even winning the league this .season

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, eusabio said:

Bridge, I don' t know why you are challenging Enzo's entitlement to be called a Hearts supporter. He or she is only standing by his/her principles. I have said on other threads that you do not necessarily need to accept all that is going on at the Club to be deemed a real supporter. It is actually your duty to highlight failings, if the Club is to progress, yes even denying them your cash if you think it is being spent wastefully. If your favourite pub changed hands and the beer and service was crap would you still keep going out of loyalty? Would you keep your Netflix membership going if they were sending out poor stuff? I think not. Quite frankly, the entertainment value at Tyne is currently deplorable, and the money wasted on injury prone journeymen is a disgrace. One final point, it is not only Enzo's predictions which have not materialised, I remember forecasts of fourth, third second and yes, even winning the league this .season

For me, supporting Hearts isn’t about entertainment. If it was I would have given up 45 or so years ago. 

Roland Rat
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Would it though? 

Its more the opposite really isn’t it under Vlad basketcase or not there was a modicum of success. The reason some people feel although things aren’t good enough there is a difference in opinion is there are a lot of fans who have higher expectations now due to that. Others have what they feel is a more realistic outlook and believe long term we will get that success. 

Doddie wouldn't have survived back to back 6th under Mercer that's for sure. In those days it was largely a good season followed by a poor ish one 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

For me, supporting Hearts isn’t about entertainment. If it was I would have given up 45 or so years ago. 

That's quite sad. Is it too much to ask for a wee bit of decent football, played on the ground by exciting, skillful footballers?

davemclaren
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

That's quite sad. Is it too much to ask for a wee bit of decent football, played on the ground by exciting, skillful footballers?

No, but for me it’s not a prerequisite. 

Fxxx the SPFL

All these polls on kickback are a total waste of time as JKB is not indicitve of the Hearts support in general, iv'e spoken to many Hearts fans before/after games in different boozers i would reckon nine out of ten don't subscribe/view jkb and there views seem totally off the mark of most of the guff on here. Most say that it's full of xxxxwits, halfwits, dimwits, overseas wits, Hobbits and kidswits. I am happy to die by the sword and i come under the bracket of auldwits.

definition of 'wits' the capacity for inventive thought well plenty of that on here.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, WeeToonJambo said:

I'm pretty sure it's next week, 11th June.

You’re wrong . . . . it’s Tuesday 9th ?, so I was wrong. Sorry Jammy T ?. You can sign players that are out of contract though as the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs did yesterday, I can’t imagine we will paying transfer fees for players though? I also thought the transfer window was on set dates, every day is a school day.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

All these polls on kickback are a total waste of time as JKB is not indicitve of the Hearts support in general, iv'e spoken to many Hearts fans before/after games in different boozers i would reckon nine out of ten don't subscribe/view jkb and there views seem totally off the mark of most of the guff on here. Most say that it's full of xxxxwits, halfwits, dimwits, overseas wits, Hobbits and kidswits. I am happy to die by the sword and i come under the bracket of auldwits.

definition of 'wits' the capacity for inventive thought well plenty of that on here.

So what do these geniuses think of Levein Raymondo?

43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I have no link, you will probably be aware I live in Aberdeen, I have 2 people fairly close to the club, who believe this to be absolutely true.

He has been writing his own cheques up there for some time, the 4 2nd place finishes have bankrolled him.

You have to question what would make you turn down your boyhood heroes. A mess to tidy certainly, he has his project on the go with the training ground, but essentially he is being very well looked after.

New contract will be interesting, do they continue to back him as the cash flow from performance begins to suffer, now he suddenly has all his competition back.

It was Spencer I asked since he claimed: "according to recent reports".  I was wondering how these supposed reports were privy to salary details.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not in Scotland it didn't.

Even our authorities wouldn't open the transfer window before the last league game of the season. 

Yeah I was wrong, opens on June 9th for some bizarre reason and why it’s was the 16th before their cup final I have no idea. You can still do the deals they just can’t be registered until next Tuesday as the Sheep and Dockers showed yesterday.

Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No, but for me it’s not a prerequisite. 

Just as well with the current rubbish on offer. 

davemclaren
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Just as well with the current rubbish on offer. 

I’m forever an optimist where football is concerned. It doesn't take much to turn downs into ups...or ups into downs, in my experience. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I was wrong, opens on June 9th for some bizarre reason and why it’s was the 16th before their cup final I have no idea. You can still do the deals they just can’t be registered until next Tuesday as the Sheep and Dockers showed yesterday.

I think a 2 week break after the cup final seems reasonable, even SFA employees deserve holidays from time to time!

Pasquale for King
Just now, Smithee said:

I think a 2 week break after the cup final seems reasonable, even SFA employees deserve holidays from time to time!

Can’t agree, they deserve **** all. Remember they opened on a Saturday morning to register Sinclair and he scored the winner that lunchtime, I hold grudges..

Bazzas right boot

He reportedly is. 

He's turned turned down two far higher paying jobs to stay. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t agree, they deserve **** all. Remember they opened on a Saturday morning to register Sinclair and he scored the winner that lunchtime, I hold grudges..

This.

A Celtic official was passing and saw the lights were on, is supposedly the story.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All I'm saying is that it's hardly bizarre that they take a 2 week break before starting up again. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

All I'm saying is that it's hardly bizarre that they take a 2 week break before starting up again. 

Definitely 

Pasquale for King

I can’t fibd an exact figure for McInnes wages but one rag said £300k in 2017. Surely he can’t be on as much as some have indicated?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This.

A Celtic official was passing and saw the lights were on, is supposedly the story.

I didn’t know that bit.

Is there a precedent of someone being sacked after back to back 6th placed finishes as I cant think of one? 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He reportedly is. 

He's turned turned down two far higher paying jobs to stay. 

The Sun said Sunderland would e tripled his wages to £900k, surely they’re not paying Jack Ross that much, and the Star said Rangers offered him less than what he was on. Where’s our resident dons when we need them?

Roland Rat
3 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Is there a precedent of someone being sacked after back to back 6th placed finishes as I cant think of one? 

Is that acceptable to you?