End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

38 minutes ago, Prof said:

Excluding the Hobo trolls, everyone wants Hearts to be more successful. Despite how everybody feels it’s clear now that AB isn’t going to sack Levein. I sincerely hope the CL supporters are right and we do well. I don’t think we will but it’s time to draw a line and get behind the club.

Agreed.

Just now, To Be Frank said:

With the exception of the Old Firm, I think ST sales will be down across the whole SPL. 

What makes you think that?

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

With the exception of the Old Firm, I think ST sales will be down across the whole SPL. 

And your reasoning for this is what ? You wouldn't be trying to deflect attention away 

from the Levein's way of managing Hearts, ya wee devil. If you removed your ear 

plugs and listened to fans at the match, clubs, pubs, work, on the bus, train, plane,

school, college, university, police cells, sauna ect you'd know that many Hearts fans 

have not renewed because of Levein and his BOOTROOM, not Boot Room, and even many fans who have renewed want Levein out.

Fxxx the SPFL

There is a conundrum here when we were sitting top of the league in November there was very little if none criticism of CL but as soon as the results changed and we dropped down the table it all changed and it became get CL out. IMO had we not had all the injuries we would have finished higher up the table possibly third/fourth so it is difficult for everyone to make a balanced decision. i personally hope that he stays but tries to play a more attacking game that may depend on who we bring in or current players in some cases upping their game. As many have alluded to we all support Heart of Midlothian FC immaterial of who the owners, managers and players are so hopefully next season will be better if things don't improve i think CL will know himself when his time is up and leave. Just my thoughts from an auld codger.

Bull's-eye
40 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And your reasoning for this is what ? You wouldn't be trying to deflect attention away 

plugs and listened to fans at the match, clubs, pubs, work, on the bus, train, plane,

school, college, university, police cells, sauna ect you'd know that many Hearts fans 

have not renewed because of Levein and his BOOTROOM, not Boot Room, and even many fans who have renewed want Levein out.

Do you ever bore yourself?

38 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

There is a conundrum here when we were sitting top of the league in November there was very little if none criticism of CL but as soon as the results changed and we dropped down the table it all changed and it became get CL out. IMO had we not had all the injuries we would have finished higher up the table possibly third/fourth so it is difficult for everyone to make a balanced decision. i personally hope that he stays but tries to play a more attacking game that may depend on who we bring in or current players in some cases upping their game. As many have alluded to we all support Heart of Midlothian FC immaterial of who the owners, managers and players are so hopefully next season will be better if things don't improve i think CL will know himself when his time is up and leave. Just my thoughts from an auld codger.

Good post.  Fair summary.

Johnny Sandiego
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

I haven't met anyone in real life who hasn't renewed because of Levein. Not a single person. I know one or two who have actully bought their first season ticket for their kids. It only appears to be rumours on here suggesting this mass exoudous. 

And how many is "many"? A dozen? Hundreds? Thousands? I don't believe you have met many either. 

This whole not renewing due to Levein is a complete myth and will be proved to be a myth when we end up with a similar amount of season ticket sales as usual.

21 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Ok you hope Levein stays but tries to play a more attacking game depending on who he brings in or players upping their game. I think we've heard this too many times since we came back up to the SPL from Neilson, Cathro & Levein.

37 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Do you ever bore yourself?

As long as you read my posts i'll be a happy bunny.

By the way i moved my ST seat to Section D where 

i'll have a fabulous view of the game. 

Edited by mitch41

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ok you hope Levein stays but tries to play a more attacking game depending on who he brings in or players upping their game. I think we've heard this too many times since we came back up to the SPL from Neilson, Cathro & Levein.

And your answer (with the financial implications) is?

15 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Had we reached 10k, judging by previous seasons, we can safely assume that we would have heard about it. It will be interesting to hear her thoughts tomorrow. 

You might want to change that to 11k.

Maybe next week you can change it to 12k.

Bad Religion

Enough Mitchel. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Enzo prepares...4507123D-36FF-4943-A5F7-0A46EFE49587.jpeg.386023689ecd0ac03dc68c46b5c339cf.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

I haven't met anyone in real life who hasn't renewed because of Levein. Not a single person. I know one or two who have actully bought their first season ticket for their kids. It only appears to be rumours on here suggesting this mass exoudous. 

And how many is "many"? A dozen? Hundreds? Thousands? I don't believe you have met many either. 

This whole not renewing due to Levein is a complete myth and will be proved to be a myth when we end up with a similar amount of season ticket sales as usual.

Well let's hope it's not thousands because that would only harm the club. I like you want to see Tynie full every game and i believe it is possible if our fans believe in what the manager is doing. That is, i'm afraid, what sickens so many fans even ST renewers like myself.

Edited by mitch41

Captain Sausage
7 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Enzo prepares...4507123D-36FF-4943-A5F7-0A46EFE49587.jpeg.386023689ecd0ac03dc68c46b5c339cf.jpeg

:rofl:

Can’t beat a pre-season ST bashing super thread populated by our resident sad sack EC. 

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And your answer (with the financial implications) is?

Finish a minimum of 3rd in the league but aim for 1st every season. 

Don't sign players that are not up to playing for Hearts.

29 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Finish a minimum of 3rd in the league but aim for 1st every season. 

Don't sign players that are not up to playing for Hearts.

That sounds like you're happy to keep the current BOOTROOM but I think you forgot to mention the financial implications with or without them.

Hackney Hearts
On 29/05/2019 at 11:18, Sir Gio said:

Only if a significant upgrade and doesn't jeopardise the infrastructure that is beginning to show signs of growth. 

So probably a no. Come back in October 

This would seem to be the right answer. Otherwise we might have a frying pan / fire transition.

Enzo Chiefo
48 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why would I want to do that? The lack of info from the club tells it's own story. 

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why would I want to do that? The lack of info from the club tells it's own story. 

Because your figure of less than  10k was plucked out of your arse, Footballfirst on the other thread about season tickets has done a dot count and come up with a figure of over 10.5k.

I know which one I think is more likely correct.

Bridge of Djoum
13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Even when you had the correct info last season you went into full denial mode. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Even when you had the correct info last season you went into full denial mode. 

ST sales were down last season and will be down further again this season. The Levein effect?

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Because your figure of less than  10k was plucked out of your arse, Footballfirst on the other thread about season tickets has done a dot count and come up with a figure of over 10.5k.

Where did I day that?  Stop talking utter pish. I said the club always blast a bugel when we hit 10k. 

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Indeed. FF is generally accurate and very fair with their info. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

ST sales were down last season and will be down further again this season. The Levein effect?

And so it begins. 

Fxxx the SPFL

well i'm prepared to give him until xmas and see where we are, we possibly don't have the players to play attacking expansive football and i don't give a monkeys scrotum if we played boring football and won every game one nil and won the league not gonna happen obviously but for me it's results that count. we don'd have the dosh to spend big on players or a manager for that matter.

37 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It’s only just today that FF done his count, mate.

Forget the club announcing, we’ve sold 10.5K STs.

I would we might get to 12K.

That tells it’s own story.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Where did I day that?  Stop talking utter pish. I said the club always blast a bugel when we hit 10k. 

Semantics.

No bugle has sounded so you are asserting that we have not sold 10k.

Bridge of Djoum
22 minutes ago, graygo said:

Semantics.

Yes, but he said “bugel”

An entirely different argument. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

That sounds like you're happy to keep the current BOOTROOM but I think you forgot to mention the financial implications with or without them.

The financial side is being hit by keeping Levein in the managers chair. Just look at how many season tickets have been sold it’s well down and many Renewers like myself don’t blame anyone for not renewing their ST when they can turn up on the day and take their pick whatever seat they want because there will be many lying empty.

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, graygo said:

Semantics.

The bugle has landed, so to speak. Over 10.5k sold. 

Johnny Sandiego
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The financial side is being hit by keeping Levein in the managers chair. Just look at how many season tickets have been sold it’s well down and many Renewers like myself don’t blame anyone for not renewing their ST when they can turn up on the day and take their pick whatever seat they want because there will be many lying empty.

Over 10.5k sold so far, same as this time last year. You should probably just give up now.

Alex Kintner
5 hours ago, jake said:

Agreed.

What makes you think that?

Outside of the old firm, average attendances are down pretty much across the board for 18/19 with the exception of Killie and St Johnstone. I think that will be reflected in ST sales.

Bridge of Djoum
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The bugle has landed, so to speak. Over 10.5k sold. 

Is that confirmed, Dave? Or have I missed a joke?

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Is that confirmed, Dave? Or have I missed a joke?

You still hungover??? ? season ticket thread there is a link to the club statement

20 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yes, but he said “bugel”

An entirely different argument. 

Damn, right enough. A level I can only dream of.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

You still hungover??? ? season ticket thread there is a link to the club statement

FFS I am useless right now. 

I’ll have a read later once I’ve worked out my arse from my banjo. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Alex Kintner
28 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Is it? ?

Bad Religion
32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You’re better than this Mitch. 

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Wrong again it seems. More research required and a much wider sample needs to be used. Try asking some other Hearts fans their views. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Really?

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes they will be well down i’m afraid.

13 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You’re better than this Mitch. 

I wish it wasn’t true but it’s no good kidding yourself on Hearts have a problem with the way the team is performing since October.  The Cup run was a bonus although we got the draws quite easy until the final. It does look like we’ll have to put up with Levein & co. for the start of season 19-20 so I like my mates who go to the game will get right behind the team as usual and just keep our fingers crossed Levein learns from the many mistakes he made last season.

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yes they will be well down i’m afraid.

Serious question, were you proclaiming the same last year?

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wrong again it seems. More research required and a much wider sample needs to be used. Try asking some other Hearts fans their views. 

Well there’s no way i’m asking you !

By the way what’s your view ?

Enzo Chiefo
52 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Over 10.5k sold so far, same as this time last year. You should probably just give up now.

Which means that 3k ST holders from last season haven't renewed. Do you think we'll make that number up with new ST holders???

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Serious question, were you proclaiming the same last year?

Last summer I wasn’t proclaiming anything. Then again I might of been I really can’t remember to tell you the truth.