End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Last summer I wasn’t proclaiming anything. Then again I might of been I really can’t remember to tell you the truth. 

No problem.  ?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

Alex Kintner
22 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yes it is.

We’ve sold 10.5k before the public sale. Pretty much exactly what we sold last year.

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well there’s no way i’m asking you !

By the way what’s your view ?

Give him the final year of this contract to see if what he is building comes to fruition or flops. Four years for Klopp to win a trophy at Liverpool is great example of giving a manger time to build. 

So ok the majority on this poll want Hearts (Ann Budge) to appoint a new manager for season 2019-20. Now that’s official, as I now close the poll while the the right result is in. 

:gok:

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Which means that 3k ST holders from last season haven't renewed yet. Do you think we'll make that number up with new ST holders???

Why not, it’s happened the past two seasons?

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Which means that 3k ST holders from last season haven't renewed. Do you think we'll make that number up with new ST holders???

That’s the Xmas number you are referring to. Think it’s about 190+ sleeps until then. Plenty of time. Probably most of the Zebra tickets still to be renewed, plus two months of new seasons before season starts plus 500+ half- seasons from last year. If I was guessing I’d say sales could end up higher than last season. 

Its the annual Enzo season ticket fest. What would we do without it at this time of year? 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Why not, it’s happened the past two seasons?

Anything is possible but non renewals of more than 20% is not a good look.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s the Xmas number you are referring to. Think it’s about 190+ sleeps until then. Plenty of time. Probably most of the Zebra tickets still to be renewed, plus two months of new seasons before season starts plus 500+ half- seasons from last year. If I was guessing I’d say sales could end up higher than last season. 

Its the annual Enzo season ticket fest. What would we do without it at this time of year? 

Hate to spoil the ending for you but he was well off the mark last year and will be well off the mark again this year.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

At this stage it is totally normal though, just like it was last season ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

So ok the majority on this poll want Hearts (Ann Budge) to appoint a new manager for season 2019-20. Now that’s official, as I now close the poll while the the right result is in. 

Majority of two but seems that maybe 90% have renewed. Make if that what you will. 

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They were down last year and again this year. Nothing really to celebrate given that part of the reason we built the new stand was to increase the capacity and attract more fans.

11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We’ve sold 10.5k before the public sale. Pretty much exactly what we sold last year.

And where are all these new ST holders going to come from ?

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

At this stage it is totally normal though, just like it was last season ??‍♂️

It is normal when you are growing a fan base. As the base increases, the renewal rate should increase too. Think about how compound interest works. It's unrealistic to expect 3k new ST holders each season to replace the non renewals.

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Give him the final year of this contract to see if what he is building comes to fruition or flops. Four years for Klopp to win a trophy at Liverpool is great example of giving a manger time to build. 

I want a Steve Clarke or someone who is going to come in a get this team of ours performing week in week out. Kloop has always played attractive attacking football and all the fans love him unlike what we get at Tynecastle. Remember we are playing teams like Hamilton, Livingston, St Mirren ect.

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Majority of two but seems that maybe 90% have renewed. Make if that what you will. 

A majority of 2 or a thousand you lose either way. 

90% your having a laugh.

Johnny Sandiego
37 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Which means that 3k ST holders from last season haven't renewed. Do you think we'll make that number up with new ST holders???

I think numbers will be similar to last season. Somewhere between 13k and 14k.

It doesn't need to necessarily be new ST holders who take the extra 2/3k either. There will be folk who just havent renewed as yet for a variety of reasons, as was the case last season.

I beleive once the fixtures are out, Naismith and 1 or 2 new faces are confirmed, we will go past the 13k mark. Its certainly no where near the gloomy picture that was painted a few weeks ago thats for sure.

Randy Marsh
31 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

A lot of folk like myself don't bother renewing until July.  Not fussed about where I sit and I'm sure many are in the same boat.

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

I think numbers will be similar to last season. Somewhere between 13k and 14k.

It doesn't need to necessarily be new ST holders who take the extra 2/3k either. There will be folk who just havent renewed as yet for a variety of reasons, as was the case last season.

I beleive once the fixtures are out, Naismith and 1 or 2 new faces are confirmed, we will go past the 13k mark. Its certainly no where near the gloomy picture that was painted a few weeks ago thats for sure.

You could be right, who knows. I still think that a 20% non renewal rate is indicative of the poor state of the football side of the club. 

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You obviously didn’t do maths at school!  If last season we sold 14k, which may just be a bit higher than reality, then 20% down this year would mean total sales of only 11,200. Given we are already over 10,500 with Zebra replacement just announced, with two months until first league game, with Xmas sales of half-seasons to come etc, etc, its very difficult to understand why you think we will be 20% down. Do you ever think before posting on the Enzo season ticket fest each year? 

38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They were down last year and again this year. Nothing really to celebrate given that part of the reason we built the new stand was to increase the capacity and attract more fans.

You have just said 20% down. Anything else from you on this topic is greeted with suspicion. 

38 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Existing ones still to renew will be the largest share of them. As I said earlier if you are currently a season ticket holder and are not that fussy where you sit then why would you renew before finance option is available and why would you renew before early August? At least another  two pay packets to help offset the purchase between now and first game 

29 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

The credibility of some has hit a new low.

Not surprisingly.

Same every year at this time, same individuals as well usually. Couple of extra ones this year. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

507 plays 508, some prolific posters are full of hate.

F9CDAA46-6323-4188-B1A5-F62DBB7A37F8.jpeg

On 02/06/2019 at 05:07, Seymour M Hersh said:

And if a new manager (probably with a new coaching team) comes in it will 100% be a transitional season. With possibly less chance of it improving (league wise) than the incumbent.

Spot on.

Alex Kintner

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It is normal when you are growing a fan base. As the base increases, the renewal rate should increase too. Think about how compound interest works. It's unrealistic to expect 3k new ST holders each season to replace the non renewals.

We don’t need 3k new ST holders, there’s plenty still to renew like Randy below and two people who work in my office ??

49 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

A lot of folk like myself don't bother renewing until July.  Not fussed about where I sit and I'm sure many are in the same boat.

Alex Kintner
46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You have just said 20% down. Anything else from you on this topic is greeted with suspicion. 

Iirc, Enzo confidently predicted last years ST sales would be down 20%. We all know how that panned out ?

Why do people engage Enzo and Mitch. 

Clear trolls and embarrassingly poor ones at that. Can’t count. Makes statements like all seasons bought after first cut-off have to be new ones. Predictions all proven wrong. 

I’ll bet if both if then renew, we will have two new season ticket holders.  

Alex Kintner

With the spirit in the cup final galvanising belief in the manager and ST sales well on track, things are looking pretty good. Buzzing for next season already! ???

So the poll shows what we all know eg the support are split as regards Levein. I voted for him to stay but came close to going the other way. A bit of better the devil you know than a gamble on someone new but a lot of the "electorate" are probably floating on this, with a few obvious exceptions both ways and Levein needs better results and performances next year because this year was by and large crap!

2 minutes ago, Sid said:

Clear trolls and embarrassingly poor ones at that. Can’t count. Makes statements like all seasons bought after first cut-off have to be new ones. Predictions all proven wrong. 

Because the moderators must not believe they are trolling. 

2 minutes ago, Sid said:

Mitch said he has renewed but understands why many won't.  That's a powerful personal protest ha ha.

Oh, and he hasn't come out with the financial costs of replacing CL and the BOOTROOM, nor the costs of hiring a new manager and then the new manager's own new players.

Spencer will have renewed for Fester Road by now, I guess.

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, Sid said:

No way will Enzo be buying a season ticket. Far too bitter to do so, assuming that he/she is actually a Hearts supporter.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Precisely.

41 minutes ago, Sid said:

You my wee pal are talking out of your arse, please excuse the language but your comments really hurt me. Never make up stories about people you don’t know. I will say this once and only once I CAN COUNT.

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

A majority of 2 or a thousand you lose either way. 

90% your having a laugh.

It’s looking like same number this season as last two seasons at the date when renewals ceased. That looks at least 90% to me. 

40 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

No way will Enzo be buying a season ticket. Far too bitter to do so, assuming that he/she is actually a Hearts supporter.

Been around a long time if he isn’t (i have no doubt he is) but im sure there was similar posts under Vlad in regards to season tickets and at the time **** didn’t have one either. Could be wrong. 

Edited by sadj

Bad Religion
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Been around a long time if he isn’t (i have no doubt he is) but im sure there was similar posts under Vlad in regards to season tickets and at the time **** didn’t have one either. Could be wrong. 

He had the same attitude during Vlad's reign?

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Iirc, Enzo confidently predicted last years ST sales would be down 20%. We all know how that panned out ?

Less than 11k was his bold prediction.

Alex Kintner
Just now, graygo said:

Less than 11k was his bold prediction.

Just checked, he predicted sales would be down by between 10-15% on the season before therefore a prediction of between 11,900 and 12,600. We sold over 13,500. ??

You my wee pal are talking out of your arse, please excuse the language but your comments really hurt me. Never make up stories about people you don’t know. I will say this once and only once I CAN COUNT.

Love it. 

31 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Just checked, he predicted sales would be down by between 10-15% on the season before therefore a prediction of between 11,900 and 12,600. We sold over 13,500. ??

I checked too and that might have been his 3rd or 4th revised prediction but he sure as hell predicted less than 11k originally.

hmfc2.JPG

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I checked too and that might have been his 3rd or 4th revised prediction but he sure as hell predicted less than 11k originally.

hmfc2.JPG

:rofl:

Oh dear

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

hmfc2.JPG

Wow :wow:

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ooh 

512-512

And I have yet to vote...:jj:

You are John Bercow!