End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, jake said:

Behave.

3 line whip ffs.

Honestly .

This is the kind of answer along with the opposite view that's contributing to a crock of shit thread.

Tongue in cheek, Jake. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Tosh, for the love of god....no more crazy poll options !

Image result for crazy Pole poland

Just now, It should have been ten said:

No me bud, blame Geoff :lol:

Geoff .

Did you watch that vampire thing last night.

?

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Loose connection?? I've had a ST for the vast majority of the last 36 years. So opinions from loud mouths like yourself don't really cut much ice with me, old son. 

When was the last time you bought one?

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, To Be Frank said:

When was the last time you bought one?

2017/18. There was a mis selling issue though when CL was appointed before the season had really started. I'm expecting one of those phone calls any day now to help me reclaim my money. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, jake said:

Geoff .

Did you watch that vampire thing last night.

?

:wtfvlad:

17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

All Levein's acolytes have been out in force - the club imposed a 3 line whip I am led to believe - since the Cup Final , in order to shore up his position.  Sad really.

You don’t really believe that do you? 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

You don’t really believe that do you? 

I did say a few posts back that it was said with tongue firmly in cheek. Even I wouldn't believe that ?

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, jake said:

Well?

read up, posted lots on cl.

cba re hashing the same points over and over.

It should have been ten
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Has the voting been suspended? Just noticed ‘NO’ is in the lead again. 

:leveinnaturalorder:

Alex Kintner
15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

2017/18. There was a mis selling issue though when CL was appointed before the season had really started. I'm expecting one of those phone calls any day now to help me reclaim my money. 

??

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

celebration.jpg

The ‘NOs’ have it .... Levein MUST stay, Levein WILL stay!

2019/20 season will be one of the best ever!

HHGH

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:wtfvlad:

Not you mate.

? 

The vampire thing on beeb 2.

Aw man .

It was funny.

The vampire woman describing a guy called Jeff ejaculating.

Mate it was imo funny.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The ‘NOs’ have it .... Levein MUST stay, Levein WILL stay!

2019/20 season will be one of the best ever!

HHGH

Shut up ffs

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Wont be accepted.

Its the modern thing

Watt-Zeefuik

If Levein is kept on I will definitely not be buying a season ticket.

This is 100% out of personal protest and definitely not because I live 3,000 miles away and unfortunately have no plans to visit Scotland in the next year.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 hours ago, jake said:

Not you mate.

?

The vampire thing on beeb 2.

Aw man .

It was funny.

The vampire woman describing a guy called Jeff ejaculating.

Mate it was imo funny.

I think "the vampire thing" you refer to is 'What We Do In The Shadows', Jermaine Clement's spin-off series to his and Taika Waititi's excellent film of the same name. 

9 hours ago, jake said:

How do you know this?

I want Levein to go.

I buy 2 st and have contributed to FOH from the start .

So how do you know ENzo doesnt?

He doesn’t - he’s just spouting off as usual ?

13 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Because the moderators must not believe they are trolling. 

They are good comedy value imo.

Every year they come out with the same negative stuff over ST sales.

Every year they are proved to be talking rubbish.

Every year the try and use the cut off date for renewals as the total STs sold to try skew figures to match their argument.

They are not the only culprits of course but at least the others have the common sense to take a step back when proved wrong.

A couple of f+&£%=s ?

I've not included that female username because she is clearly the dot net representative on here.

11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sadj, you are correct. I stopped buying one during Vlad's regime, I forget exactly when , around 2010 or so, during his managerial bootroom phase.  As a Save Our Hearts veteran, I rail against situations when one stubborn individual has too much say and is accountable to no-one. 

?? Opens up a whole different debate and other questions but not relevant to this season ticket debate just now. 

shaun.lawson

Yes. It'll be the most mindboggling stupidity if Hearts don't make a change. Chickens will be coming home to roost next season if we don't.

Oh, and by the way: Mitch and Enzo are about a billion times better Hearts fans than I'll ever be - and they're far better Hearts fans than most on this thread too. For the crime of wanting the best for the club, and for telling the truth, they come under personal attack. It's just pathetic.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yes. It'll be the most mindboggling stupidity if Hearts don't make a change. Chickens will be coming home to roost next season if we don't.

Oh, and by the way: Mitch and Enzo are about a billion times better Hearts fans than I'll ever be - and they're far better Hearts fans than most on this thread too. For the crime of wanting the best for the club, and for telling the truth, they come under personal attack. It's just pathetic.

To be fair, they don't help themselves.

Anyway, it seems clear that Budge won't budge so Levein will depart when the FoH takeover is complete, IMO. Mid-table obscurity Mk3 on the horizon.

15 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I voted yes by the way also but I’m intrigued as to how you judge people as better fans when you are talking about people on an Internet forum who you’ve probably never met in your life and for all you know have never even been to Tynecastle.

27 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They are good comedy value imo.

Every year they come out with the same negative stuff over ST sales.

Every year they are proved to be talking rubbish.

Every year the try and use the cut off date for renewals as the total STs sold to try skew figures to match their argument.

They are not the only culprits of course but at least the others have the common sense to take a step back when proved wrong.

A couple of f+&£%=s ?

I've not included that female username because she is clearly the dot net representative on here.

It’s been happening since 2011 at least. Like you, I find it amusing, and it got me thinking about how many years is been happening. Had a google search and... log and behold! Takes some commitment to keep it going year on year. ?

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

I voted yes by the way also but I’m intrigued as to how you judge people as better fans when you are talking about people on an Internet forum who you’ve probably never met in your life and for all you know have never even been to Tynecastle.

Both of them get slagged off on here all the time. Have been for years. Then others pop up and vouch for both of them. This is continually ignored, and the nonsense starts up again. And again. And again.

There's different kinds of football fans. Some fans seem to think that they must support the manager (or the owner) at all times, and attack anyone who doesn't. Even when those who don't actually want the exact same thing: success for Hearts. Enzo and Mitch were fiercely critical of Vlad, so got it in the neck; and are fiercely critical of Levein, so are getting it in the neck again. Yet they couldn't have been more right first time round... and all the evidence says they're right this time too. 

Oh good, it’s turned in to a ‘he’s a better fan than you, and I’m a better fan than him’ session. How did that happen?

Oh... no, wait. I see how it happened. 

12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

The pro-Levein glee at a 50/50 poll is pathetic too. Where's the triumph and what's the prize for having a divided support? If this poll ends just a fraction in favour of no change some, one in particular, could self combust with joy.

I've had my say on this thread and won't repeat myself but the smear campaign by some against dissenting voices is worthy of a General Election.

Absolute Scenes
15 minutes ago, martoon said:

The pro-Levein glee at a 50/50 poll is pathetic too. Where's the triumph and what's the prize for having a divided support? If this poll ends just a fraction in favour of no change some, one in particular, could self combust with joy.

I've had my say on this thread and won't repeat myself but the smear campaign by some against dissenting voices is worthy of a General Election.

Behave :laugh: 

The fact is, too many times on here posters have come out with "facts" that majority of hearts fans want change, majority of fans are unhappy, majority of fans want levein out. This thread just kills all their arguments.

And How many "true hearts fans" like Enzo and Mitch couldn't wait til we were beaten or a goal down to clog threads with the same regurgitated guff...both of who make it clear its questionable they haven't had a season ticket in years. And the whole season we've had to put up with a group of negative, miserable boring posts over and over and over again. One poster even wanted hearts to lose the derby. is that a sign of true hearts fan?

37 minutes ago, martoon said:

Sorry Martoon, I don’t agree. I think it’s only natural that people will feel a certain amount of catharsis at the poll results. The dissenting voices that you refer to were pedalling the myth of 99%/the vast majority of fans/all the support wanting Levein out, as part of their argument. They spoke loudest and most often and created an echo chamber in here that did not reflect the experiences of many of the rest of us. Many on here, myself included, have tried to point out that their estimate did not tally with what we have garnered by speaking to other supporters in real life. The echo chamber was unrelenting though. I can totally understand why some are taking some enjoyment out of those echos being muted somewhat. Every thread on here just about was turned in to a Levein out thread by the same few folk. It was mind-numbing. If no other good comes from this poll, then at least it’s opened JKB up to having more than one solitary topic once again.

As for the results themselves. I think many managers the world over probably divide fan opinion 50/50 for large parts of their tenures.

Anyway. No beef with you, mate. Respect your opinion and always take your thoughts on board when I read your posts.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Behave :laugh: 

The fact is, too many times on here posters have come out with "facts" that majority of hearts fans want change, majority of fans are unhappy, majority of fans want levein out. This thread just kills all their arguments.

And How many "true hearts fans" like Enzo and Mitch couldn't wait til we were beaten or a goal down to clog threads with the same regurgitated guff...both of who make it clear its questionable they haven't had a season ticket in years. And the whole season we've had to put up with a group of negative, miserable boring posts over and over and over again. One poster even wanted hearts to lose the derby. is that a sign of true hearts fan?

The glee is there in black and white.

As is the rubbishing of other opinions. 

How does this thread/poll "kill all their arguements". Does it somehow wipe all the negative opinions I hear about Levein at games/in the pub/family/friends? Or is it, as has been suggested, all in my imagination?

The pro-Levein punters are pouncing on a, give or take, 50/50 vote and proclaiming it as a victory and some sort of vindication that they are right and the case is closed.

8 minutes ago, martoon said:

The glee is there in black and white.

As is the rubbishing of other opinions. 

How does this thread/poll "kill all their arguements". Does it somehow wipe all the negative opinions I hear about Levein at games/in the pub/family/friends? Or is it, as has been suggested, all in my imagination?

The pro-Levein punters are pouncing on a, give or take, 50/50 vote and proclaiming it as a victory and some sort of vindication that they are right and the case is closed.

Perhaps you have selective hearing?

Accept there is no clear mandate for change ..... the status quo will prevail!

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Er, I don't think anyone expected any kind of action from the poll!

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I expected that the moaning whinging anti brigade that claimed ‘everybody’ wanted change would ‘shut up’ for a little while .....

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No, but it's good practice for when the fans take over :lol:

Bad Religion
53 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Both of them get slagged off on here all the time. Have been for years. Then others pop up and vouch for both of them. This is continually ignored, and the nonsense starts up again. And again. And again.

There's different kinds of football fans. Some fans seem to think that they must support the manager (or the owner) at all times, and attack anyone who doesn't. Even when those who don't actually want the exact same thing: success for Hearts. Enzo and Mitch were fiercely critical of Vlad, so got it in the neck; and are fiercely critical of Levein, so are getting it in the neck again. Yet they couldn't have been more right first time round... and all the evidence says they're right this time too. 

Can you please provide examples of this?

Wonder what the result of the poll would be if we hadn't got an easy run to the final?  Anyway, it's clear he is going to continue as manager, let's hope he gets it right next season. 

10 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Can you please provide examples of this?

Enzo used to work with a certain prominent poster from Porty, as he said himself almost a decade ago on here, on a thread where he was saying he wouldn't be back until Romanov leaves and is replaced by a stable owner.

I am in no doubt whatsoever that he is a Hearts fan.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

I personally don't feel that I have ever "attacked" anyone for wanting change, that is their prerogative. What I have done is defend the status quo which is my right to do.

Fail to see how either scenario makes me or the others a better supporter.

Also if you think that the "attacks" are one way then you are very much mistaken.

11 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

No, nothing wrong with my hearing.

I would however concede that perhaps the pro-Levein punters at games/in the pub are less vocal. Lets say, for a moment, there is a 50/50 split in a post match pub. It wouldn't be easy to state a case for CL when loud, disgruntled voices are bemoaning yet another pitiful performance and result. That could get out of hand.

PS

"Mandate"?

I was right. It is like a General Election.

50/50 is hardly a ringing endorsment but it is a lot better than some of the members of this board were suggesting. He will be here next season so might as well get behind him for now.