***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Are we going to replace Project Vanecek? Is that now Washington?

Im confused about our goalscoring aspirations.

No confidence in Wighton or Maclean. Uche will do a job but not natural goalscorer. We have added  some goals in midfield hopefully with JW but 

would like us to sign a striker with recent form and no long term injury to recover from, preferably with SPFL experience. Without it i can see us  having  uncomfortable  fight for top 6 again. Doubt the cup draws will be so kind 2 yrs running.

You've just managed to slaughter all our strikers bar Keena.

Who do you think we should have signed (affordable)?

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Was Mulumbu out with any injuries for the past 2 years?

If he has been injury free, I would sign him up.  Solid SPL player.

2 hours ago, Nathan2012 said:

After Naisy there won’t be any more signings, Levein has said Again he doesn’t intend to sign anyone else. Still feel we are about 3 players short still but he is clearly happy with what we have.

That is what he said. 5 players: Halkett, White, Washington, Walker & Naismith.   I suspect that was his plan but not sure how he considered the Djoum/Lee centre midfield position.  Will Walker be played as a true #10? He has the jersey.

Edited by Tasavallan

Rocky jamboa
5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who would you have ahead of him?

I would pick every one of our midfielders ahead of him. Although he shows glimpses of class, he is anonymous most of the time and games pass him by. 

Not disappointed to read today that he looks to be on the way out. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

I would pick every one of our midfielders ahead of him. Although he shows glimpses of class, he is anonymous most of the time and games pass him by. 

Not disappointed to read today that he looks to be on the way out. 

No justification whatsoever to have Edwards or Bozanic ahead of Lee. He has contributed more than both combined!

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Two more plays after Naismith.  One more if souttar goes 

Hunch or ITK?

7 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Would be my guess 

Now been released by Celtic 

Could he be described as a midfield enforcer ? 

Levein quoted as searching for one . 

With Lee and probably Djoym leaving we could see one more bit of quality coming in hopefully. 

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No justification whatsoever to have Edwards or Bozanic ahead of Lee. He has contributed more than both combined!

It’s the role in the team that counts. If Lee was meant to bring consistency in respect of influencing the game he never did enough.  

Don’t see Boz or Edwards as crafters. 

Edwards and Bozanic have a bit more physicality and pace to them than lee does which is what will put them in ahead more than likely

So if Djoum and Lee are away 

We are looking at 2 more midfielders in or does Levein go with Cochrane and Bozanic/Edwards

grumpyespana
15 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Mulumba and Gauld, why not? 

Cannie see all the talk wanting Gauld he has done nothing special since he left united end off.

colinmaroon
7 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Stopped reading after ridiculous first sentence.

It matched the post it was replying to!

The sense of entitlement and complete detachment from financial realities of some people beggars belief.

TyphoonJambo
11 minutes ago, andrew said:

If Lee and Djoum both leave we still need another 5.

Genuine question Andrew, what's your favourite crayon flavour? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, andrew said:

If Lee and Djoum both leave we still need another 5.

Really? So you want is to go down road of paying what we can't afford again?

If the 5 includes Naismith he isn't that far off. We'll replace Lee and Djoum, get Naismith and sign another forward or winger I think.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Apparently some want us to pay off Lee’s contract so we fork out a lump sum of cash AND lose a transfer fee. 

And then we we have to buy a new player who may be of the same level as Lee !

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Apparently some want us to pay off Lee’s contract so we fork out a lump sum of cash AND lose a transfer fee. 

Madness ! Why don't we just go daft and spend what we don't have again and end up in administration 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

It matched the post it was replying to!

The sense of entitlement and complete detachment from financial realities of some people beggars belief.

Here, ill even quote myself "would like us to sign a striker with recent form and no long term injury to recover from, preferably with SPFL experience. "

Is that my sense of entitlement and financial reality detachment you spk of??

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You've just managed to slaughter all our strikers bar Keena.

Who do you think we should have signed (affordable)?

Drama alert. Ive slaughtered nobody. Ive cited my lack of confidence in Maclean and Wighton. 

Some posters use the financial angle all the time as if Hearts can only afford a Dennis Wyness.  

I hardly think Washington comes cheap and he joins us with a decent background. 

It proves Hearts can sign decent players who’ll take a reasonable wage.  Some posters need to let go of the post-admin “we’re being frugal now” flag flying.  

If Hearts need to spend they will. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
22 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Some posters use the financial angle all the time as if Hearts can only afford a Dennis Wyness.  

I hardly think Washington comes cheap and he joins us with a decent background. 

It proves Hearts can sign decent players who’ll take a reasonable wage.  Some posters need to let go of the post-admin “we’re being frugal now” flag flying.  

If Hearts need to spend they will. 

We've got to be realistic in my opinion  and spend what we can afford 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Correct.

Without naming names my older cousins stepson is a championship footballer. Bit on a journeyman player between championship and League one. Even at that level on very good money, I'd think Washington who is much higher profile and had higher fees paid for him would have been on more.

That means Washington although obviously taking a drop in wages to come to us won't come cheap. We are doing well to get a certain calibre of player in whilst keeping the financial structure in place.

Yes we have wasted money on players in the past but this summer ticking along nicely

28 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Drama alert. Ive slaughtered nobody. Ive cited my lack of confidence in Maclean and Wighton. 

And Washington  = Vanecek project.  Have you ever seen him live?

and

Uche - not a goal scorer.  Spent most of last season injured.

I know who the drama queen is!
I think you just type things for the sake of it.

Please tell us who we should have signed who is available and affordable or accept that we can only get what we can afford.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, mscjambo said:

Correct.

Without naming names my older cousins stepson is a championship footballer. Bit on a journeyman player between championship and League one. Even at that level on very good money, I'd think Washington who is much higher profile and had higher fees paid for him would have been on more.

That means Washington although obviously taking a drop in wages to come to us won't come cheap. We are doing well to get a certain calibre of player in whilst keeping the financial structure in place.

Yes we have wasted money on players in the past but this summer ticking along nicely

Exactly and Naismith won't come cheaply either 

We need a new keeper, replacements for Djoum and Lee, a winger and a striker.

By the end of the summer we'll have moved on Doyle, Djoum, Lee, Wighton (probably on loan), McLean and a few from Moore, Godinho, Zanatta, Currie, Brandon and Baur to free up the required cash.

All IMO of course.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Where did I say that?

10 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Are we going to replace Project Vanecek? Is that now Washington?

Im confused about our goalscoring aspirations.

No confidence in Wighton or Maclean. Uche will do a job but not natural goalscorer. We have added  some goals in midfield hopefully with JW but 

would like us to sign a striker with recent form and no long term injury to recover from, preferably with SPFL experience. Without it i can see us  having  uncomfortable  fight for top 6 again. Doubt the cup draws will be so kind 2 yrs running.

McLean was never signed as a twenty goal striker. He was forced to play there when Uche and Naisy went down. His best football came playing behind Uche with Naisy. The guy was only ever meant to play the odd game and come off the bench. CL himself said that.

Wighton the jury is out on but he's had pre season so he needs to improve.

Washington is a big coup for us, decent fees paid for him not to long ago. We have Uche, Keena ( a poacher) and Naisy as well. Not exactly sure what else we do add faces for the sake of it. Say we add shankland, for arguments sake do we then only do that to sit him on the bench and not play him regularly or stifle Keenas chances.

Last year our mistake was not properly replacing Laff so if Uche went down we were short. Now if Uche goes down Washington can go in there

heartandsoul
21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

and

Please tell us who we should have signed who is available and affordable or accept that we can only get what we can afford.

This

11 minutes ago, andrew said:

We need a new keeper, replacements for Djoum and Lee, a winger and a striker.

By the end of the summer we'll have moved on Doyle, Djoum, Lee, Wighton (probably on loan), McLean and a few from Moore, Godinho, Zanatta, Currie, Brandon and Baur to free up the required cash.

All IMO of course.

Did Levein not just say the two keepers are staying and fighting for the number one shirt? So can't see Doyle moving.

McLean will be a squad player. If Godinho goes as it sounds like he will Brandon won't leave as it leaves us short at right back. Wighton we paid a decent fee for CL wanted him for a couple of windows and obviously believes there is something there so not sure why he'd then send him out on loan? Squad player again. 

Can't keep on emptying loads of players each summer. As much as we need starters we need these squad players to add depth to the squad

29 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Of course but some make out as if we’ve got to scrimp and scrape. In a later post you said Naismith won’t come cheap and that’s my point. We CAN go for quality players and spend a bit.

23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

and

Who do you think posters are implying we go for? Harry Kane? 

Al, you introduce money to the conversation every time about signings.  What does affordable mean? I don’t think any Hearts fans think we have the money of 2006 and we’re going to sign Takis or Jankauskas.  

5 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Last year our mistake was not properly replacing Laff so if Uche went down we were short. Now if Uche goes down Washington can go in there

You presume that Uche is main striker.  I would argue it is the other way around.  Washington is the international and No 9.  Uche is still learning and No 19.

Just now, Tasavallan said:

You presume that Uche is main striker.  I would argue it is the other way around.  Washington is the international and No 9.  Uche is still learning and No 19.

Hence you have two strikers vying for position. Like when he did get Lafferty and Uche in the same side like Celtic at home.

None the less it adds depth in that department no doubt

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, MTS1874 said:

Mulumbu would be a decent signing, not sure we could afford him though.

France bound. 

1 minute ago, MTS1874 said:

Mulumbu would be a decent signing, not sure we could afford him though.

Just had a payoff from Celtic so will be cheaper than you think. 

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Looks like we are trying to shift a couple before anyone new arrives

Yeah 

Selkirkhmfc1874
52 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Of course but some make out as if we’ve got to scrimp and scrape. In a later post you said Naismith won’t come cheap and that’s my point. We CAN go for quality players and spend a bit.

We've certainly not scrimped and scraped ! Not only have we signed players but new contracts were handed out to Smith, Berra, souttar, haring and ikpeazu 

50 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Who do you think posters are implying we go for? Harry Kane? 

Al, you introduce money to the conversation every time about signings.  What does affordable mean? I don’t think any Hearts fans think we have the money of 2006 and we’re going to sign Takis or Jankauskas.  

Are you saying money does not matter?  I'm sure few of us know what our resources actually are but most know within reason what we might be able to afford in terms of transfer fees and wages applicable to new targets eg you rightly highlight that Harry Kane may be out of our reach.

What I am asking is that if someone is saying we're doing the wrong thing, they should at least have the courage to say what they think the right thing might be.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Who said that?