***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Rocky jamboa
9 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Just has a quick look at his stats for this year, he was out for basically all of it and didn't make an appearance before the last 4 games but then started all 4, playing 90 mins in each. 

Him and Haring CM together would be something.

Is there talk of adao coming back or is it just a discussion around who people would like us to sign? I would be delighted if we got him back. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

14 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Is there talk of adao coming back or is it just a discussion around who people would like us to sign? I would be delighted if we got him back. 

I'm about as far from ITK as you could get. I'm assuming his name came up because we may need a CM.

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I always associate #12 for Hearts with Iain Jardine. Another Iain Jardine type would be ideal.

Before my time but, I know what you mean. 

Haring and a tough by classy player would do the trick in the middle. 

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Still missing a midfielder to drive forwards with ball imo.

Milinkovic was good at doing that.

MaskedMarauder

Cummings posted on public Instagram he’s “home”. Personal snapchat was the same exact photo with his dog and the caption “home, nearly ready to go ️“ before it got changed to the same as his Instagram one. ?

13 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Jason Cummings posted a video with a song called "home again" 

Just saying 

Mon the conspiracies 

He was posted with Scott Allan in Edinburgh, Edinburgh (Scotland) must be home and imo he’ll end up back at Fester 

5 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Just has a quick look at his stats for this year, he was out for basically all of it and didn't make an appearance before the last 4 games but then started all 4, playing 90 mins in each. 

Him and Haring CM together would be something.

Had knee surgery not long after he left us i'm sure and was out for quite a while. Did his knee previously (cruciate ligament) so suspect same knee. IMO we need someone of his ilk, just not sure he's what we need after such a long period sidelined

CloustonHMFC

I’d like us to sign Cummings. There’s definitely a player in there and with the right influences around he could be decent for us. It’s never going to happen though and if he comes back to Scotland, he’ll end up at Hibs. 

3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Where does arsehole pay? You were worried though 

I was shitting it. I cannie even mind the bet it was to charity wasn't it.

3 hours ago, Aich E Eh said:

Jason Cummings posted a video with a song called "home again" 

Just saying 

Mon the conspiracies 

Edinburgh City?

9 hours ago, kimosavi said:

We need someone with a bit of arseholeness in him

Far too many softies in this squad for liking 

Every team needs a few arsholes to mix it up when needed 

I'm a bit of an arsehole 

Yes, we've noticed that!

:wink:

1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

I’d like us to sign Cummings. There’s definitely a player in there and with the right influences around he could be decent for us. It’s never going to happen though and if he comes back to Scotland, he’ll end up at Hibs. 

I have this notion he could find his Jambo roots and turn on the hibbees getting it right up them... Would be worth it for that alone.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Paul Coutts. Playing golf with a lad the other day,  Aberdeen fan, mentioned to him I was surprised Aberdeen didn't make a move for him.

Which he promptly told me he knew his dad very well and he is looking to stay in England if possible. 

HillmanHearts

Personally wouldn't be overwhelmed for us to sign Cummings but in saying that , I would also prefer that he didn't sign for the Vermin either as he has proven to be a bit of a pest when playing for these cants against us. 

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

I was shitting it. I cannie even mind the bet it was to charity wasn't it.

That's right mate bet was godinho away by 1st pre season game/training session I'm sure you said he'd still be here so i lose 

£100 to Big Hearts for the loser 

I'll pop the £100 into Big hearts just giving page tommorow then send you a PM with proof 

A bet is a bet well played 

13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yes, we've noticed that!

:wink:

The Best arseholes are the ones who know they're arseholes ?

It seems Aberdeen are after Scunthorpe United midfielder Funso Ojo. Cormack was in Canada this week and met some AFc supporters and indicated they are after a midfielder and striker and that would complete their signings for the summer. As they have given up on McGeough the midfielder is likely Funso Ojo and the striker is Wilson. Not frankly fussed about these two signings. Wilson only came barely good at the end of last season. Ojo is an unknown up here and our game is a lot different.

Guess The Crowd
45 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Paul Coutts. Playing golf with a lad the other day,  Aberdeen fan, mentioned to him I was surprised Aberdeen didn't make a move for him.

Which he promptly told me he knew his dad very well and he is looking to stay in England if possible. 

The lad Coutts’s Dad - is he a golfer do you know? There was a very good player from Aberdeen of that surname when I was a lad. 

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

That's right mate bet was godinho away by 1st pre season game/training session I'm sure you said he'd still be here so i lose 

I'll pop the £100 into Big hearts just giving page tommorow then send you a PM with proof 

Was it no 50?

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I reckon any more players we sign will not be players who we know, and wont be signed until August.

It Olly Lee & Djoum are both away I’d be very surprised if we didn’t sign at least one more midfield player. That would be 2 of our 3 best midfielders away!

Rocky jamboa
3 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

Personally wouldn't be overwhelmed for us to sign Cummings but in saying that , I would also prefer that he didn't sign for the Vermin either as he has proven to be a bit of a pest when playing for these cants against us. 

Does he? I cant remember him doing that well against us. he struts about like something he isn't. Got a real attitude problem. Wouldn't give 2 fechs who he signs for - as long as it isnt us!

Rocky jamboa
23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It Olly Lee & Djoum are both away I’d be very surprised if we didn’t sign at least one more midfield player. That would be 2 of our 3 best midfielders away!

Lee? He is away down our list of best midfielders! Very average. 

5 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Does he? I cant remember him doing that well against us.

Really? I can hardly remember a derby that he didn't score against us. I'm not keen, but go along with the view that would rather not see him back at them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Guess The Crowd said:

The lad Coutts’s Dad - is he a golfer do you know? There was a very good player from Aberdeen of that surname when I was a lad. 

Sorry. Don't know him at all to be honest,  chap from work who is friendly with the family 

Mr Elwood P
6 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Lee? He is away down our list of best midfielders! Very average. 

Who would you have ahead of him?

pettigrewsstylist

Are we going to replace Project Vanecek? Is that now Washington?

Im confused about our goalscoring aspirations.

No confidence in Wighton or Maclean. Uche will do a job but not natural goalscorer. We have added  some goals in midfield hopefully with JW but 

would like us to sign a striker with recent form and no long term injury to recover from, preferably with SPFL experience. Without it i can see us  having  uncomfortable  fight for top 6 again. Doubt the cup draws will be so kind 2 yrs running.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Hearts to make a move for a player this week now he has been released

Any steer on position/ area of pitch. If you say no ill presume goalkeeper ??

9 hours ago, Herbert said:

Was it no 50?

I've tried to go back and look but no luck if you're happy with £50 that's what I'll donate to big hearts? 

Finlay James
11 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Are we going to replace Project Vanecek? Is that now Washington?

Im confused about our goalscoring aspirations.

No confidence in Wighton or Maclean. Uche will do a job but not natural goalscorer. We have added  some goals in midfield hopefully with JW but 

would like us to sign a striker with recent form and no long term injury to recover from, preferably with SPFL experience. Without it i can see us  having  uncomfortable  fight for top 6 again. Doubt the cup draws will be so kind 2 yrs running.

That narrows it down to Defoe, Morelos, Edouard or Shankland.

We can't afford the first 3 and Shankland is not being touched for a reason.  We've signed an international striker who scores one in every 3 games and has played lots of fame school at English championship level.  Behind him, we'll have a combination of Naismith/Walker.  Is that not good enough?

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Would be my guess 

Now been released by Celtic 

Could be useful energy for 2 yrs or so whilst academy lads exposure increases. At his age may decide to stay in Scotland. Guess it depends on any last big pay day that might fall out of any AFCON performances. 

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

That narrows it down to Defoe, Morelos, Edouard or Shankland.

We can't afford the first 3 and Shankland is not being touched for a reason.  We've signed an international striker who scores one in every 3 games and has played lots of fame school at English championship level.  Behind him, we'll have a combination of Naismith/Walker.  Is that not good enough?

Stopped reading after ridiculous first sentence.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

12 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Would be my guess 

Now been released by Celtic 

He would be worth a look. Failing at Celtic is a common thing for some players that would thrive elsewhere. He was good not that long ago.

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Naismith surely 

Gene Parmesan
1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Gauld? 

57 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

He would be worth a look. Failing at Celtic is a common thing for some players that would thrive elsewhere. He was good not that long ago.

Age not on his side sure he's 32/33 worth a year deal with and option on a 2nd but  may be looking for that last pay day 

Alex Kintner
12 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Good stuff kimo ??

After Naisy there won’t be any more signings, Levein has said Again he doesn’t intend to sign anyone else. Still feel we are about 3 players short still but he is clearly happy with what we have.

1 hour ago, Nathan2012 said:

After Naisy there won’t be any more signings, Levein has said Again he doesn’t intend to sign anyone else. Still feel we are about 3 players short still but he is clearly happy with what we have.

He says pretty much the same thing every year. If you make it obvious in the press that you're desperate for players suddenly agents start asking for a bit more cash for their clients. 

I'd be amazed if there weren't at least another 2 or 3 coming in as well as Naismith.