***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

To the person that suggested Souttar could be a potential ‘project’ at Leicester if Maguire goes. They have two young European CBs in Calgary Soyuncu and Filip Benkovic (who was on loan at Celtic last year). Would be surprised to see them make a move for another young CB, more likely a definite starter.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

We've spoken to one player in league one whos on 35k a week....sadly it wont be happening. Hopefully we see someone soon 

4 minutes ago, jamboveg said:

We've spoken to one player in league one whos on 35k a week....sadly it wont be happening. Hopefully we see someone soon 

Cattermole?

rudi must stay

Levein was quick to remind journalists there's still another month for us to approach free agents/buy players at the press conference 

As annoying as it is I reckon we have a bit of a wait until our next signing(s?)

BackOfTheNet
6 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

No danger he’s dropping from 20k a week to 2k a week. 

Is he on £20k a week, or with the relegation is there a clause which means his wage dropped a fair percentage? Also, if signing on loan the wages may not be an issue as we’ll unlikely pay the full whack. If signing permanently I’d imagine Cardiff will pay him off, which means he may get a wage coming from them for a year or so, which I think was the case with Lafferty. Pretty sure Sergio was on a similar deal back in 2012, he got paid from us but we were just topping up his Sporting Lisbon wages. Hence why he didn’t extend in 2012, we offered him more money but it was still a significant drop as the Sporting money stopped at that point. Think a few have said that was a point of motivation for Lafferty to leave too, as Norwich stopped paying him last summer.

BackOfTheNet
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

As annoying as it is I reckon we have a bit of a wait until our next signing(s?)

Getting that feeling too. I mean to be fair it’s only been ITK chat here and pure speculation we’d get someone other than Naismith in by the weekend but I was still certainly hopeful.

sidjamesbottle
8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

More likely to be a bus driver or a postman

Be a lot of stuff going through the wrong letterbox !

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

ITK chat 

Equals posting after a late night booze up. Or drivel - take your pick

Mr Elwood P
9 hours ago, Barack said:

He's counting the minutes until he's back in England.

20190801_224846.jpg

More likely playing for us on Sunday, given the current state of our centre midfield options!

So, can we expect a new signing to make an appearance today or not?

The thread now seems to have taken a turn to worrying about Lees Instagram photos, and bickering about who is the most ITK.

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I flew into Luton last year after a 14 hour delay. I was delighted to see the place. Got out of there toot sweet mind you.

Also went to Tribal Gathering at Luton Hoo..that was fun.

Some hotel that! I mind looking at the menu, English breakfast £7:30 that's pretty reasonable I thought.... Was looking at the tea menu😂

Eddie The Eagle
8 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

No danger he’s dropping from 20k a week to 2k a week. 

Damour was after 10k a week 

BackOfTheNet
20 minutes ago, Prof said:

Equals posting after a late night booze up. Or drivel - take your pick

Suppose I should clarify. I don’t know if anyone is ITK or not, I certainly think there’s a lot of putting two and two together. Just saying people were saying there’d be a non-Naismith signing by today, but my feeling is it isn’t happening.

9 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

En route....will be signing in next few days.

Have you ever got any of these right? 

You're the least ITK poster on here

If you said the sky was blue I'd go and check for myself. I'm no being arsey either 

4forDevries

I wondered about the lack of JS games and why Halkett was not being pushed into midfield. Now we hear Soutter's house is up for sale.  Writing on the wall ?

4 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

I wondered about the lack of JS games and why Halkett was not being pushed into midfield. Now we hear Soutter's house is up for sale.  Writing on the wall ?

We? You and who else? Rick?

5 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

er.....wasn't JS's house up for sale weeks ago? perhaps he's just moving to a bigger / better house?

4forDevries
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

We? You and who else? Rick?

See earlier post from Soutter's neighbour.

4forDevries
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

er.....wasn't JS's house up for sale weeks ago? perhaps he's just moving to a bigger / better house?

Hope so.  Just don't understand lack of game time and why Halkett not played in CM. 

Soapy Soutar
9 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

Hope so.  Just don't understand lack of game time and why Halkett not played in CM. 

Just a theory but maybe its because we signed halkett as a CH

28 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

He'll never sell it now then. Should paint that over.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Suppose I should clarify. I don’t know if anyone is ITK or not, I certainly think there’s a lot of putting two and two together. Just saying people were saying there’d be a non-Naismith signing by today, but my feeling is it isn’t happening.

Type of players we are looking at will have less options by this time next week 

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Type of players we are looking at will have less options by this time next week 

probably - but at least we are operating within a sound financial model and not bowing to excessive wage demands (allegedly) to bring players in.

Cut The Crap

So, apart from folk randomly insulting various areas of the UK and others becoming amusingly exercised by a departing player's social media posts, there's no news this morning?

1 minute ago, Cut The Crap said:

So, apart from folk randomly insulting various areas of the UK and others becoming amusingly exercised by a departing player's social media posts, there's no news this morning?

Not random, it all follows a thread. At the crux of it all, is Luton and Birmingham being a bit grim, and Welsh people sounding like they were created by Fred Quimby.

4forDevries
34 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Just a theory but maybe its because we signed halkett as a CH

Cmon mate. We are screaming for a Haring replacement, we have cover at CH with Smith and Dikimona. Halkett could do the job...we should have seen him try. 

Soapy Soutar
24 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

Cmon mate. We are screaming for a Haring replacement, we have cover at CH with Smith and Dikimona. Halkett could do the job...we should have seen him try. 

I agree we are screaming out for a midfielder i just dont think weakening our strongest area of the team to possibly solve it is the way to go.

Haring was signed as a ch but CL saw him train etc and realised he would be better in midfield,im assuming CL had saw enough of halkett to decide if we would be adequate cover in midfield im happy to trust the managers judgment whatever he decides.

Smith at cb,ok who the plays rb or rwb depending what formation we go??

Also as much as i love dikamonas commitment and effort i find him a bit of a bombscare

No point wasting time on players that are on +10k , never going to be able to give them what they want. Unless they are on career wind down

Heading to tynie in an hour will keep my eyes pealed for Morrison 🤷‍♂️😂 or a small Asian fella wearing a Man City trackie 

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No point wasting time on players that are on +10k , never going to be able to give them what they want. Unless they are on career wind down

Very much this, why we even think we can attract a player on £10k a week is not going to happen. As you say unless they are on a career wind down or as the case with Naismith where money was not the issue he just wanted to come home, it is pointless exercise IMO.

5 minutes ago, micole said:

Very much this, why we even think we can attract a player on £10k a week is not going to happen. As you say unless they are on a career wind down or as the case with Naismith where money was not the issue he just wanted to come home, it is pointless exercise IMO.

Yet Berra, Lafferty and Naismith would all have been on over 10k per week before we signed them, so not entirely pointless. 

Jambosteve1902

No morrison chat but a vast few reports of Whelan there at the moment with mr Levein 35 or not would love him he'd kick lumps out the other hatchett men ie broony

4 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Yet Berra, Lafferty and Naismith would all have been on over 10k per week before we signed them, so not entirely pointless. 

You may have a point however Berra was very much in the same catagory as Naismith, Lafferty was just looking to get playing ( and his dream move to Sevco) as I said these players could be on a career wind down and money did not come into it ( maybe Lafferty aside).

Horatio Caine

I think whoever we sign, Naismith will have had input to.  That's what I read between the lines of what he said yesterday.

Ibrahim Tall

Be happy with Whelan, he’s not exactly the creative spark we need in midfield but he’d atleast give us a much needed ‘presence’ in midfield that’s been lacking since probably Gomis.

32 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

I agree we are screaming out for a midfielder i just dont think weakening our strongest area of the team to possibly solve it is the way to go.

Haring was signed as a ch but CL saw him train etc and realised he would be better in midfield,im assuming CL had saw enough of halkett to decide if we would be adequate cover in midfield im happy to trust the managers judgment whatever he decides.

Smith at cb,ok who the plays rb or rwb depending what formation we go??

Also as much as i love dikamonas commitment and effort i find him a bit of a bombscare

I agree with all of this. 

Jambosteve1902
5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Just heard the same. 35 year old who I have never heard of.

played many a year at stoke he's a bit like jim goodwin type player he's all about aggression and getting the ball back just a different quality entirely to goodwin just that style is all before i get lynched from all on here. He'd be a shrude pickup indeed. 

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Just heard the same. 35 year old who I have never heard of.

I really only watch games on telly involving Hearts, West Ham and Wales so I really don't know hardly any of the players we sign. Haring, Brellier, Fysass, Adam. Even the players I've actually seen play, Hartley, Webster, etc I've been underwhelmed with signings who have turned out to be great players for us.

I've learned to wait and see. Whelan has bags of experience and would, hopefully be a leader on the park for our younger players. Yes he's towards the end of his career but the best Hearts sides have had that blend of experience and youth