***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

kingantti1874

I’ll be the odd one out here but we can improve team by selling souttar and re investing wisely, e.g £5m for JS - but Jimmy Dunne and a couple of top midfielders, put some cash in the bank. I wouldn’t be too fussed. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ll be the odd one out here but we can improve team by selling souttar and re investing wisely, e.g £5m for JS - but Jimmy Dunne and a couple of top midfielders, put some cash in the bank. I wouldn’t be too fussed. 

Is Halkett a step up from Souttar or can he be after a season with us , there is a question that could be worth asking.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How much are we buying Jimmy Dunne for?

gashauskis9
17 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

IF this happens, surely it'll be phantom bids from sevco to fool their fans into still believing they are cash rich?

They’ll sell Morelos for 20m and offer us 500k for Souttar.  Watch this space, they have no ****ing shame.  Cretins!

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

£5m is peanuts these days as we know.  I wouldn't sell him for less and we could certainly invest it un the goalscoring department.

Maybe even test the mettle of Ron as well by offering £1m for Porteous.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How much are we buying Jimmy Dunne for?

just an example mate but I imagine less than John Souttar, if not there are plenty of other food centre backs we could get for a fraction of what we’d sell Souttar for. 

point stands - I think we could improve the hoverall team if we got good money for Souttar.. 

Itakura was uncapped before joining Man City, but he picked up two during the Copa America so that may play some part in enabling him to get a work permit now. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

just an example mate but I imagine less than John Souttar, if not there are plenty of other food centre backs we could get for a fraction of what we’d sell Souttar for. 

point stands - I think we could improve the hoverall team if we got good money for Souttar.. 

You buy a £1m player.....you pay him £1m players wages.

And I suspect Dunne would be upwards of £1m.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You buy a £1m player.....you pay him £1m players wages.

And I suspect Dunne would be upwards of £1m.

and if you’ve a player valued at £5m how long can you hold onto him paying him a £500k players wages? we could use some of the £4m to supplement wages. 

this is how clubs like hearts grow and get better, develop players, sell and invest wisely.. £5m for Souttar and I’d bite your hand off 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Central defender is a position relatively cheap to replace. Anything north of 3 million with a sell on I would not hesitate 

Mr Elwood P
24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think Dunne is much better than Souttar and the fact he’s contracted to an English club makes his even more valuable. Agree on the general point though. Halkett / Berra would be good.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Definitely, we surely must have someone in mind in case Souttar attracted an acceptable bid. I haven’t seen any speculation about it though.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, we surely must have someone in mind in case Souttar attracted an acceptable bid. I haven’t seen any speculation about it though.

Souttar leaves Jason Kerr comes in 👍

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

They’ll sell Morelos for 20m and offer us 500k for Souttar.  Watch this space, they have no ****ing shame.  Cretins!

Nobody has offered them a penny for that little shit, another imaginary bid from a Chinese team with their quota already filled of four foreigners brought to us by their pals in the Weegie media.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They’ll be needing the money to sack Wright, £100k and Wighton 🤔😜?

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Expect movement for souttar in the next few day. Few clubs to test us with offers.

Can't see it myself 

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nobody has offered them a penny for that little shit, another imaginary bid from a Chinese team with their quota already filled of four foreigners brought to us by their pals in the Weegie media.

It’s hilarious.  They’re trying to create a market for him, but nobody’s taking the bait.

I can’t believe people are throwing around 3/5m as an acceptable offer for souttar, yes he’s not the finished article but seriously guys he’s worth 7/8m minimum, I would still be wanting a big sell on clause as well 

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

It’s hilarious.  They’re trying to create a market for him, but nobody’s taking the bait.

And funny how the multi million pound deal was the same week as their kit deal/sports direct case went pear shaped for them!

gashauskis9
Just now, Pagey said:

And funny how the multi million pound deal was the same week as their kit deal/sports direct case went pear shaped for them!

😉

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think Dunne is much better than Souttar and the fact he’s contracted to an English club makes his even more valuable. Agree on the general point though. Halkett / Berra would be good.

I’d disagree that Dunnes better than Souttar. Dunne was generally excellent but he made a lot of mistakes and couldn’t lace Souttars boots with the ball at his feet. 

That said if Souttar went, he’d be an ideal replacement. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Would be my call

Captain Canada

Sell Souttar for £5-7m and invest it in a state of the art seagull repellent system or just get Jimmy Dunne on loan and buy a couple of proper strikers. 

So, out of curiosity is someone able to confirm the latest with Ledley, Damour and Morrison? Is any of these genuinely likely? 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d disagree that Dunnes better than Souttar. Dunne was generally excellent but he made a lot of mistakes and couldn’t lace Souttars boots with the ball at his feet. 

That said if Souttar went, he’d be an ideal replacement. 

Yes Dunne was hardworking but as you say with the ball at his feet he really wasn't the best. I also felt he got found out a bit defensively in the games against the Old Firm.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

So, out of curiosity is someone able to confirm the latest with Ledley, Damour and Morrison? Is any of these genuinely likely? 

Nope

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, stirlo said:

Yes Dunne was hardworking but as you say with the ball at his feet he really wasn't the best. I also felt he got found out a bit defensively in the games against the Old Firm.

He made mistakes but even in the games he did he was generally excellent and of just a young guy. I’m sure if he had the experience that Souttar has had, then he possibly would be even better. Jimmy Dunne was quite raw. 

Haven't heard of any club interested in JS apart from

Cardiff and Derby . 

Cardiff have just signed at centre half for 5mill + and Derby are chasing two other centre backs from England. 

Theres nothing to suggest he won't be with us this season bearing in mind the English transfer window closes in just over a week . 

Talk of bids incoming for him is pure guess work . 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Not one bid 🙈

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Have you watched Souttar against the OF?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Thanks for that, looks like a loophole that UEFA should be looking to close.

As long as it’s big clubs that abuse the system nothing will be done, imagine the media frenzy if we did it. It will be interesting to see how Brexit will affect all this kind of stuff.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not one bid 🙈

£ 30M became £15M became no bids received.

Reminds me of an old slightly racist joke.

Jewish boy to father.

"Dad, can I have 50p"

Father to son.

"30p? What do you want 10p for?"

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He made mistakes but even in the games he did he was generally excellent and of just a young guy. I’m sure if he had the experience that Souttar has had, then he possibly would be even better. Jimmy Dunne was quite raw. 

It will interesting to watch how their careers develop, both good prospects but need to improve areas of their game. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

and if you’ve a player valued at £5m how long can you hold onto him paying him a £500k players wages? we could use some of the £4m to supplement wages. 

this is how clubs like hearts grow and get better, develop players, sell and invest wisely.. £5m for Souttar and I’d bite your hand off 

You hold onto him for either the duration of the contract or sell him.......

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

£ 30M became £15M became no bids received.

Reminds me of an old slightly racist joke.

Jewish boy to father.

"Dad, can I have 50p"

Father to son.

"30p? What do you want 10p for?"

Change it to Aberdonians and it’s all good 👍🏽

Edited by Pasquale for King

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Haven't heard of any club interested in JS apart from

Cardiff and Derby . 

Cardiff have just signed at centre half for 5mill + and Derby are chasing two other centre backs from England. 

Theres nothing to suggest he won't be with us this season bearing in mind the English transfer window closes in just over a week . 

Talk of bids incoming for him is pure guess work . 

Just to reiterate up front that I am among the least ITK posters here but it's crossed my mind that if Leicester sell Maguire for insane money and buy Lewis Dunk for £40m then it's not beyond possibility that Rogers tries to pick up Souttar for £5m as a project. He's seen plenty of him and it's a small gamble for them. Undoubtedly a very attractive club for a young player to go to. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It will interesting to watch how their careers develop, both good prospects but need to improve areas of their game. 

Defo. Think anyone in Jimmy’s position club wise is going to struggle to gain necessary experience to improve. He’s got all the tools to be top notch, he just needs to be playing every week at a good club. 

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You hold onto him for either the duration of the contract or sell him.......

selling him at peak value is the better option by far. You’d have a pretty unhappy player on your hands

10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Just to reiterate up front that I am among the least ITK posters here but it's crossed my mind that if Leicester sell Maguire for insane money and buy Lewis Dunk for £40m then it's not beyond possibility that Rogers tries to pick up Souttar for £5m as a project. He's seen plenty of him and it's a small gamble for them. Undoubtedly a very attractive club for a young player to go to. 

Good point.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Defo. Think anyone in Jimmy’s position club wise is going to struggle to gain necessary experience to improve. He’s got all the tools to be top notch, he just needs to be playing every week at a good club. 

They were saying today was on SSN that if Maguire moves, Tarkowski might move to Leicester  and Cahill might sign for Burnley. He might not and Jimmy could get a chance, if not surely a Championship team will take him on loan, although I know he didn’t do too well

at Sunderland.

Rumour on Twitter wighton to Dundee united. He could do with a loan spell somewhere

Edited by Newton51
Mistakes

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

They were saying today was on SSN that if Maguire moves, Tarkowski might move to Leicester  and Cahill might sign for Burnley. He might not and Jimmy could get a chance, if not surely a Championship team will take him on loan, although I know he didn’t do too well

at Sunderland.

Think coming to a club like Hearts for a couple years could be good for his development tbh. If Soapy moves we could do a lot worse and with him already knowing the club it would be an easier sell. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Jodami said:

SSN saying they’re looking at Tarkowski but you never know, Rodgers does like his CHs to be able to pass the ball.

Pasquale for King
Just now, OTT said:

Think coming to a club like Hearts for a couple years could be good for his development tbh. If Soapy moves we could do a lot worse and with him already knowing the club it would be an easier sell. 

That would be great.

7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rumour on Twitter wighton to Dundee united. He could do with a loan spell somewhere

Think that would be a terrible move for him. He scored the goal that relegated them in the Dundee derby. Pretty sure I heard that he turned down the chance to go to United when he was really young because he is a Dundee fan. He needs to be somewhere the fans won't hate him instantly...

I do think he needs a loan though

Edited by Superunknown
Forgot stuff