***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Mr Elwood P
56 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d disagree that Dunnes better than Souttar. Dunne was generally excellent but he made a lot of mistakes and couldn’t lace Souttars boots with the ball at his feet. 

That said if Souttar went, he’d be an ideal replacement. 

Souttar also makes a lot of mistakes. Worth noting that Jimmy Dunne is a year younger than Souttar and has made a fraction of the first team appearances. Fairly confident Dunne will have a better career.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Think that would be a terrible move for him. He scored the goal that relegated them in the Dundee derby. Pretty sure I heard that he turned down the chance to go to United when he was really young because he is a Dundee fan. He needs to be somewhere the fans won't hate him instantly...

I do think he needs a loan though

Its clear his confidence has been shot for a while. So a loan in the Championship for a club that will score goals and not reliant on only him to do it will be good.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rumour on Twitter wighton to Dundee united. He could do with a loan spell somewhere

Maybe somewhere like ICT where he might get better striking coaching.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Souttar also makes a lot of mistakes. Worth noting that Jimmy Dunne is a year younger than Souttar and has made a fraction of the first team appearances. Fairly confident Dunne will have a better career.

Definitely, needs to play more games though wherever that may be.

The poster who mentioned Souttar leaving rarely gets anything correct and just seems to guess.

Can’t see him leaving this season.

Cruyff Turn
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were saying today was on SSN that if Maguire moves, Tarkowski might move to Leicester  and Cahill might sign for Burnley. He might not and Jimmy could get a chance, if not surely a Championship team will take him on loan, although I know he didn’t do too well

at Sunderland.

I can’t see him getting a chance there as a starter. EPL clubs seem a bit reluctant to blood youth, especially at Centerhalf. Championship is probably his best bet.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

True, he does.

Said the same above re-experience. 

Of course it depends on whether Jimmy finds the right club. He’s getting to the age now where he needs to play every week or he might never get the chance to be as good as he could be. 

26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rumour on Twitter wighton to Dundee united. He could do with a loan spell somewhere

If true, Robbie has well and truly lost the plot.

Rocky jamboa

I'm sure we would bite someone's hand off for even £3m for souttar with a sell on clause. Although in the current market, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a lot more. 

Would we need a replacement? We've got Berra, Halkett and Dikamona. Smith and haring can play in the centre as well. Spend any cash on midfield and a striker. 

I'm going to say wighton to United is not happening as hearts will not be sending him to a team to be second choice behind shankland 

Hungry hippo
9 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

I'm going to say wighton to United is not happening as hearts will not be sending him to a team to be second choice behind shankland 

He'll never be a number 9 so Shankland isn't really his competition. Wighton is more likely to be a supporting striker from out wide.  Most suited to a 4-2-3-1 formation.

BackOfTheNet

Switching away from transfer out talk for a tad, what do we think (if anything) will happen tomorrow on the transfer in side of things? People were speculating marquee signing by Friday, others were saying 1, maybe 2. Some thought more than Naismith would be announced today but no. Does this mean activity is expected tomorrow or will there be silence and seethe?

Slight curve ball, mind when ITK chat previously said Jordan Rhodes was in talks, why hasn’t that one had legs this window?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Souttar’s house is up for sale. Hopefully just moving to a bigger house within the “EH” post code region but it’s not a good sign..........

2 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Souttar’s house is up for sale. Hopefully just moving to a bigger house within the “EH” post code region but it’s not a good sign..........

Purple Bricks sign. They look bloody awful.

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Purple Bricks sign. They look bloody awful.

Wouldn’t let them sell my homemade jam never mind my house!

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

Sell Souttar for £5-7m and invest it in a state of the art seagull repellent system or just get Jimmy Dunne on loan and buy a couple of proper strikers. 

Will be lucky to get half of that 

11 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Not bad news at all. 

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Trained with Olly Lee today away from ther rest of the group.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Trained with Olly Lee today away from ther rest of the group.

Both coming back from injury? 

Abiola Dauda
2 hours ago, Cygnet said:

So, out of curiosity is someone able to confirm the latest with Ledley, Damour and Morrison? Is any of these genuinely likely? 

I will respond to this with the relevance befitting this thread.

I had pasta for dinner. Fried some red onions and garlic in olive oil until caremalised then added one red pepper and one green pepper. After the pepper was soft i added the pasta, some red pesto and fresh basil leaves and mixed in some parmesan. Served with a Chianti.

Joking aside it's still just rumours at this stage but i think we will sign one more midfielder at some point. I would be surprised if they were available for the Aberdeen game.

P.s. i actuly had a MacDonald's

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Money would be handy to get in our flair player for the start of the season. 

Money will be spent on pot pourri for the woman’s toilet and finishing off the main stand. We’ll see very little of the cash unfortunately.....

Just now, goldie83 said:

Money will be spent on pot pourri for the woman’s toilet and finishing off the main stand. We’ll see very little of the cash unfortunately.....

But we were promised. Patience running thin. 😈

6 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

I had pasta for dinner. Fried some red onions and garlic in olive oil until caremalised then added one red pepper and one green pepper. After the pepper was soft i added the pasta, some red pesto and fresh basil leaves and mixed in some parmesan. Served with a Chianti.

Joking aside it's still just rumours at this stage but i think we will sign one more midfielder at some point. I would be surprised if they were available for the Aberdeen game.

No liver and fatha beans?

wheatfield to sheffield
16 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Wow! McDonald's do that? Is it a special or can I get it at the place near me?

You're taking a punt here aren't you?

Some usually reliable people say that he wanted too much money and the deal is dead.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

You literally have no shame, do you?

:lol:

He will be signing. Take it or leave it.

Just now, DC_92 said:

Some usually reliable people say that he wanted too much money and the deal is dead.

Just what I've been told.

Howdy Doody Jambo
11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

En route....will be signing in next few days.

In the next few days, is he traveling from the Moon 

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Is this going to be a Manhattan Transfer?

Ra da da dada

Song for him right there.

Ooh I like that 😀😀😀

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Ignore them. Agent Jambo has arrived for the big news.

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, Barack said:

And you'll get no credit...again.👍🏻

You really should stop trawling social media, trying to pass things off as your own. 

Im guessing he has saw this elsewhere?Is the original source reliable?

1 minute ago, Barack said:

And you'll get no credit...again.👍🏻

You really should stop trawling social media, trying to pass things off as your own. 

I dont want credit so that's great.Cant see anyone on social media saying he is definitely signing.

Just now, Barack said:

I'll ask my friend down here in Wales, who works for Cardiff City. See what he says.

Damour was training with them today. 

Fair enough. 

Just now, Barack said:

I'll ask my friend down here in Wales, who works for Cardiff City. See what he says.

Damour was training with them today. 

Checks you out billy bigtime....

having a friend....