***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A loan for us has to be a problem position and nothing else. Basically somewhere in central midfield 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

I'm happy to have a good quality loan in, Celtic and rangers have done it when they don't have the money to buy the players. Kent and Patric Roberts come to mind

1 minute ago, graygo said:

I get what you are saying but sometimes a better level of player in on loan can help the young players develop.

I know we've just signed Naismith but a pretty good example of that.

Not saying not in any circumstances, in the case of Naismith we have been able to sign him permanently eventually as well.

Loaning in players like the winger discussed at Manchester City is very different. He stops young players getting game time and he is well beyond our means. Comes in earning a multiplier of our young players wages and in effect gets to play without responsibility. Not comfortable with this or indeed hooking up with Manchester City, I cannot see how they would identify with our values as a club. Mitchell didn't work out last season and I don't see this type of signing as a way to build a team.

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

I'm happy to have a good quality loan in, Celtic and rangers have done it when they don't have the money to buy the players. Kent and Patric Roberts come to mind

Absolutely spot on

Ko Itakura went on loan to Groningen from Man City in January as soon as they signed him as work permit would've been impossible at that stage. I don't think much would've changed in 6 months

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Manchester City have got a record for selling pups. Aberdeen and Hibs have both taken non performing players and who could remember our own deal?

TyphoonJambo

In the words of Natalie, "I'm Torn" I would like to see young players of his caliber at Tynie but I don't see how it fits in with our development of our own talent. Works for other teams but ****ed if I know whats best. I guess Craig knows more than me. personally, if it was up to me, I would take him every day of the week. Looks to have some flair, and we haven't seen that for a while.

Edited by TypoonJambo
shitty computer with a sticky M button

Everybody else gets loans but Hearts fans seemingly have superior insight and turn their noses up at improving the squad.     ****ing mental.      Full pelt,   hack your own baws off with a rusty baked beans tin crazy.     Contrary,  pseudo intellectual mumbo jumbo.

Good loan available?    Aye,   let's have him.

Eddie The Eagle
24 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It wouldn't be under our own conditions. It would 100% be on their conditions.

You don't know that. If it was always 100% under the parent clubs conditions,  nobody would take loan players, at least a very small percentage off desperate clubs 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this 

BackOfTheNet
27 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That was meant as a question to Notts, but missing the question mark. 🤦‍♂️

Ah, not to worry

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Everybody else gets loans but Hearts fans seemingly have superior insight and turn their noses up at improving the squad.     ****ing mental.      Full pelt,   hack your own baws off with a rusty baked beans tin crazy.     Contrary,  pseudo intellectual mumbo jumbo.

Good loan available?    Aye,   let's have him.

Vic knows the hampden roar

8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Not saying not in any circumstances, in the case of Naismith we have been able to sign him permanently eventually as well.

Loaning in players like the winger discussed at Manchester City is very different. He stops young players getting game time and he is well beyond our means. Comes in earning a multiplier of our young players wages and in effect gets to play without responsibility. Not comfortable with this or indeed hooking up with Manchester City, I cannot see how they would identify with our values as a club. Mitchell didn't work out last season and I don't see this type of signing as a way to build a team.

Like I said, I kind of agree with you.

I did say that we have managed to sign Naismith but we could quite easily have not been able to, wouldn't have made it a bad decision to bring him in on loan in the first place.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ah, not to worry

Looks a good player from the video. As someone said above, work permit might be an issue unless he’s player 80% of games for Japan or whatever the rule is.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Patrick Roberts or Ashley Smith-Brown. 

Poles apart. Really depends what you're offered what you need and how much budget you have. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Looks a good player from the video. As someone said above, work permit might be an issue unless he’s player 80% of games for Japan or whatever the rule is.

Assume that he has a work permit since Manchester City employ him

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Will he not already have one if he's a Man City player?

6 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

You don't know that. If it was always 100% under the parent clubs conditions,  nobody would take loan players, at least a very small percentage off desperate clubs 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this 

So clubs are loaned a player with no conditions at all is in your head normal? THERE is always conditions attached. 

You sir live in an El Diez world of balloons and fairies....

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A loan for us has to be a problem position and nothing else. Basically somewhere in central midfield 

Which Itakura is. Now I have no idea if he’s even on the radar, not to mention signing on loan, but since his name is out there then it’s fun to speculate. Itakura is 22 and as a club we need a CDM and Man City probably want there player to get used to a tougher style of play as well as the language so it can make sense. I also am not a fan of relying on Bozanic or Irving as cover for Haring. Irving is not ready yet, yes game time can do well for his development, but a few bad performances and confidence can really affect youngsters, so they need to be used sparingly. I’d argue if a youngster is not ready just yet then a loan is more suitable to cover in a developing year than buying someone on a 3-4 year contract that may never let that youngster have a chance.

Genuinely surprised that I’m not a member of this PM club. Don’t folk appreciate the fact that I’m kind of a big deal on here?

Pfffft, this PM club better reassess its priorities as far as I’m concerned 🙄

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Which Itakura is. Now I have no idea if he’s even on the radar, not to mention signing on loan, but since his name is out there then it’s fun to speculate. Itakura is 22 and as a club we need a CDM and Man City probably want there player to get used to a tougher style of play as well as the language so it can make sense. I also am not a fan of relying on Bozanic or Irving as cover for Haring. Irving is not ready yet, yes game time can do well for his development, but a few bad performances and confidence can really affect youngsters, so they need to be used sparingly. I’d argue if a youngster is not ready just yet then a loan is more suitable to cover in a developing year than buying someone on a 3-4 year contract that may never let that youngster have a chance.

Not sure we'll help with the language understanding to be honest!

Eddie The Eagle
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

So clubs are loaned a player with no conditions at all is in your head normal? THERE is always conditions attached. 

You sir live in an El Diez world of balloons and fairies....

Of course there are conditions, just not always 100% the parent clubs favour. Its not really rocket science 

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Like I said, I kind of agree with you.

I did say that we have managed to sign Naismith but we could quite easily have not been able to, wouldn't have made it a bad decision to bring him in on loan in the first place.

Think our views are not far apart mate, I can see the value of older players who are not getting a game being brought in and us contributing to their wages. Need to be of a sufficient quality to make a difference though. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Assume that he has a work permit since Manchester City employ him

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

No. Not necessarily. EPL clubs will sign overseas players and send them on loan until such a time where they can get one to play in this Country. They usually send them to Holland or Belgium though as it only takes 2 or 3 years for them to become an EU Citizen and dodge U.K. work permit rules. That’s why many EPL clubs have feeder clubs in those two Countries. Arsenal used to use Beveren, Man Utd Antwerp and i’m sure Chelsea use Vitesse.

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Patrick Roberts or Ashley Smith-Brown. 

Poles apart. Really depends what you're offered what you need and how much budget you have. 

I always though Roberts smacked of Celtic flashing their cash and saying we can do a deal with the biggest clubs in England cos that's where we are. Roundly pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No. Not necessarily. EPL clubs will sign overseas players and send them on loan until such a time where they can get one to play in this Country. They usually send them to Holland or Belgium though as it only takes 2 or 3 years for them to become an EU Citizen and dodge U.K. work permit rules. That’s why many EPL clubs have feeder clubs in those two Countries. Arsenal used to use Beveren, Man Utd Antwerp and i’m sure Chelsea use Vitesse.

Perfect summing up, not illegal, barely moral. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does the impact of Brexit will be intriguing. 

4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Expect movement for souttar in the next few day. Few clubs to test us with offers.

Not good news.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Way of topic now but why can you become an EU citizen in these countries after 2 years but not this one, or any other one?

17 minutes ago, graygo said:

He has never played for Man City. He was loaned straight out as he couldn't get a work permit

BackOfTheNet
25 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

As Japan are 33rd he’ll need 75% of Internationals over the last 2 years. However I’m not sure where Japan were before, if they were in the Top 30 it would be 60%, Top 20 would be 45% and Top 10 is 30%. So Itakura would fail an automatic work permit, and likely doesn’t have one at City (hence why he was loaned to a European country with less strict rules) but on appeal it could be argued a player who just played two games in the Copa America at 22 and made a move to Man City for £1 million then would significantly improve the league. Man City could not argue that point at the Home Office in regards to them as employers and the EPL as a whole, but Hearts could from their perspective and that of the Scottish Premiership. They convinced the panel in regards to David Obua, I’d imagine they’d have a chance with Itakura.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Doesn't have a work permit but they reckoned he would be eligible by the end of next season.

Maybe the criteria is less strict in Scotland as we're pish.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Journalists knew about the potential of McInnes wanting out of Aberdeen and in at Hearts yet that is mentioned nowhere in papers or media by them. Sometimes there is reasons.

McInnes was interested in taking the Hearts job?

To be honest I always had a feeling this may happen at some point, he always seems to be quite respectful when talking about us.

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Doesn't have a work permit but they reckoned he would be eligible by the end of next season.

Maybe the criteria is less strict in Scotland as we're pish.

Unless your Ghanian?

20 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Expect movement for souttar in the next few day. Few clubs to test us with offers.

This ITK info? I see he’s not played a great deal in the LC games but didn’t know if that should be read into...

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Way of topic now but why can you become an EU citizen in these countries after 2 years but not this one, or any other one?

I think maybe that each Country has it’s own ruling on how long it takes but it’s definitely only 3 years in Belgium. 

I think they also also use those two Countries because they also have different rules for overseas players within the actual football associations themselves. In Holland they can sign players from anywhere at any age but in Italy for example, I believe they have a limit on foreign players.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As Japan are 33rd he’ll need 75% of Internationals over the last 2 years. However I’m not sure where Japan were before, if they were in the Top 30 it would be 60%, Top 20 would be 45% and Top 10 is 30%. So Itakura would fail an automatic work permit, and likely doesn’t have one at City (hence why he was loaned to a European country with less strict rules) but on appeal it could be argued a player who just played two games in the Copa America at 22 and made a move to Man City for £1 million then would significantly improve the league. Man City could not argue that point at the Home Office in regards to them as employers and the EPL as a whole, but Hearts could from their perspective and that of the Scottish Premiership. They convinced the panel in regards to David Obua, I’d imagine they’d have a chance with Itakura.

Agree, it would then come down to a panel and the quality of the player probably wouldn’t be in question and a work permit granted to play here perhaps.

TyphoonJambo

Just to get this right, are we now looking for a chinaman or , Japanese bloke with or without a beard? Like a kind of footballing Fu Man Choo?

Cruyff Turn
23 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. They’ll all try and low bowl us though and I doubt we’ll budge unless it’s big money

16 minutes ago, andrew said:

Not good news.

I’ve seen and heard enough from the laddie to imagine he won’t leave without Hearts getting suitably recompensed. Seems a decent guy and speaks very highly of the club.

Potentially the first serious test of the (post administration) club’s resolve in the transfer market. Patterson’s injury having muddied the waters a little then.

I’d trust the player and AB to make sure he only leaves under our terms 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, andrew said:

McInnes was interested in taking the Hearts job?

To be honest I always had a feeling this may happen at some point, he always seems to be quite respectful when talking about us.

Levein to Mcinnes would be horrendous. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Just to get this right, are we now looking for a chinaman or , Japanese bloke with or without a beard? Like a kind of footballing Fu Man Choo?

9FF88108-990F-4A0D-8B95-1244C3948857.thumb.png.a742071bb82a22e621c474479becaf97.png

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

don't worry about him. He used to be ITK to some extent but has come up with absolutley nothing this summer. Zilch. Nada. Zero, diddly 

Stop being riddiculant. Notts has plenty info, he’s just select on who he chooses to share it with.

😉

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Kimo much as you can be ok , trust me when i say Notts is far from someone that has come up with absolutely nothing this summer. 

This.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. They’ll all try and low bowl us though and I doubt we’ll budge unless it’s big money

IF this happens, surely it'll be phantom bids from sevco to fool their fans into still believing they are cash rich?

6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Stop being riddiculant. Notts has plenty info, he’s just select on who he chooses to share it with.

😉

This.

Sorted about an hour ago Franko. Keep up eh 

10 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

And one leg 

Goes by the name YinGymShuu

Jean Louis Valois
30 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Tin hat on here, but in my opinion Souttar still has a lot to learn before he’s the finished article. Think he’d benefit from staying with us for at least another season .

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Tin hat on here, but in my opinion Souttar still has a lot to learn before he’s the finished article. Think he’d benefit from staying with us for at least another season .

Souttar can be either Franco Baresi or or Fat Franco from Francos Chippy in Dalkeith,never ready for a move to England.🙈