***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Think a few players will improve with Naismith in the team. 

Uche being one of them. 

Got to hope so, he's looked well off it for a while, maybe still getting over his injury. No doubt about it when he is on his game he is unplayable. However the other side of the coin, when he is poor he can be utterly dreadful. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Vlad the impaler
2 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

why would school effect a 25 year old guy? interesting.  But you have no knowledge of the player, your opinion is just purely based on his age. thats a fact. 

No not age related at all,actually think he’s in good nick fitness wise for a 35 year old and clearly isn’t injury prone. The problem

i have is the style of player he is,I want more from a midfielder than a water carrier,if they win the ball I want them to do something with it

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Think a few players will improve with Naismith in the team. 

Uche being one of them. 

I think Clare and Washington will be the ones to benefit most. I remember Naismith linking up nicely with MacLean too.

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

No not age related at all,actually think he’s in good nick fitness wise for a 35 year old and clearly isn’t injury prone. The problem

i have is the style of player he is,I want more from a midfielder than a water carrier,if they win the ball I want them to do something with it

i think thats where having clare beside him becomes important, one does the nitty gritty ones the ball player. most good hard ball winners aint fantastic distribution wise really if u look at likes of big bartley from hibs whos ran us ragged few times. 

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Can't see any signings the day with this LA Orchestra thing on the night the place will be heaving with their cast and crew, sounds checks etc 

I doubt this would be a problem... 2 seasons ago they were building the stand it's self. 

11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He needs to be more clinical when in dangerous areas. Couple of times last season he could have grabbed a goal but decided to lay it off. Be a bit more selfish. 

Sometimes his long range passing doesn’t work as well as you’d like. And his crossing. 

But people say he’s lazy, weak and rubbish. Which is all absolute nonsense. 

Agreed on this. I don't think he's quite there yet as a CM, but but I think he can get there. He needs better than Bozanic beside him though.

18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He needs to be more clinical when in dangerous areas. Couple of times last season he could have grabbed a goal but decided to lay it off. Be a bit more selfish. 

Sometimes his long range passing doesn’t work as well as you’d like. And his crossing. 

But people say he’s lazy, weak and rubbish. Which is all absolute nonsense. 

Spot on. 

Vlad the impaler
10 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

i think thats where having clare beside him becomes important, one does the nitty gritty ones the ball player. most good hard ball winners aint fantastic distribution wise really if u look at likes of big bartley from hibs whos ran us ragged few times. 

Can we not sign someone who does both,not convinced in Clare in that roll either. If them across road we’re in for Whelan we’d be passing ourselves laughing

Jambosteve1902
2 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Can we not sign someone who does both,not convinced in Clare in that roll either. If them across road we’re in for Whelan we’d be passing ourselves laughing

no we definately wouldn't last thing id want is them having one of the best mdifielders in league

Edited by Jambosteve1902

35 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Utter shite. 

Sean Clare is consistently putting tackles in. More so than a lot of players. 

Fed up of this fabricated nonsense being banded about. 

He’s an easy target. The new Djoum. 

Vlad the impaler
3 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

no we definately wouldn't last thing id want is them having one of the best mdifielders in league

🤣 ok your entitled to your opinion even if it’s comical👍🏻

Who_put_the_ball_in...
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

100% not a good local Scottish laddie so will become the scape goat

Who_put_the_ball_in...
34 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He is at Riccarton. 

Sitting having lunch with Jason Cummings 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Is he though? 

Not saying that he is, no evidence to the effect, but I would be more inclined to bet on him being there than not

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, Vlad the impaler said:

🤣 ok your entitled to your opinion even if it’s comical👍🏻

Please tell me whats comical about a proven premiership midfielder and championship promoted team makes him a laughable signing for hibs that we'd be laughing at? You're at the ham here for sure.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Absolutely this. Empty vessels

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Whelan's a nasty wee player and a winner :thumbsup:

Hardly a winner. I just checked his profile and he hasn't won a thing.

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Won promotion last season 👍😉

Vlad the impaler
6 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Please tell me whats comical about a proven premiership midfielder and championship promoted team makes him a laughable signing for hibs that we'd be laughing at? You're at the ham here for sure.

Someone’s at the ham alright “one of the best midfielders in the league”!!.....joker

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Someone’s at the ham alright “one of the best midfielders in the league”!!.....joker

I don't know much about him to be frank, but every time I watched Villa the commentators were regularly w****g over him.

501 appearances in the top 2 tiers in England and over 80 caps for Ireland, do tell me this is a player who has been doing the right things

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Never won a single game of football? Definitely a Hearts signing.

Robbo-Jambo
12 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Nope more likely with Levein and McPhee. 

OmiyaHearts
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Won promotion last season 👍😉

Fair enough, if anyone wants to treat that as a trophy. Most football sites don't acknowledge it.

BTW I'm not slating the possible signing. I've never seen the guy play.

Vlad the impaler
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't know much about him to be frank, but every time I watched Villa the commentators were regularly w****g over him.

501 appearances in the top 2 tiers in England and over 80 caps for Ireland, do tell me this is a player who has been doing the right things

I’m not debating the career he’s had at all but at 35 I’m not sure coming to Scotland is in the best interests of him or us. Surely there’s better options out there for us

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Winner as in a hard worker that doesn't grumble and does his job well

Boyces beard

If we did sign Whelan it would be a good signing. Not only would it help our young midfielders develop but it would also make Haring a better player as he would have to improve in order to be a starter every week, especialy if we choose to play with only one holding midfielder.

1 hour ago, Flappy Hands said:

I can't get excited about a 35 year old to be honest. His legs will be shot, why else would he be entertaining us. 

He needs game time.  Read somewhere he wants to bow out after the Euros 

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

That’s a possibility tbh but two centre defensive midfielders playing together is more likely to happen against the old firm. 

Levein said he’s signing cover for haring but I think haring will be cover for whelan. 

Time will tell a guess, I like haring and would very much like a centre pairing of him and whelan I just think it’ll be one or the other. 

I think Haring scored more goals last season despite being out for longer. Appears to be more of a goal threat not just an out and out DM

HEARTS FOREVER
20 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Listening to James Morrison 

Dalstonjambo
12 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Can you tell us why he wouldn't be a good signing?

I have family members who go to Aston Villa and thought he was absolutely brilliant last season. Played almost every game for a team that was promoted. In a position we need. Why wouldn't he improve us?

Robbo-Jambo
21 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Think the joke is going to be on you. 😋

Robbo-Jambo
28 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Eh don't think they would tbh. 

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Welcome Glen 📝

I hope so. 

Vlad the impaler
4 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Can you tell us why he wouldn't be a good signing?

I have family members who go to Aston Villa and thought he was absolutely brilliant last season. Played almost every game for a team that was promoted. In a position we need. Why wouldn't he improve us?

I think we need legs in that midfield,if they get caught on wrong side of ball I think we’re far too slow in there. Adding a 35 year old who albeit has had a good career I don’t think helps that. Add in the fact he does very little with the ball in a positive way and I think we’d have our new scapegoat. Only my opinion of course

1 minute ago, RS86 said:

If we sign Whelan and if Souttar was to leave could we see Haring drop back to CB?

We might.......... 

I don’t know Whelan, but a hard-bitten CDM with loads of experience who can provide leadership on the pitch, and allow Walker and Clare to perform, sounds like exactly what we need.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I don’t know Whelan, but a hard-bitten CDM with loads of experience who can provide leadership on the pitch, and allow Walker and Clare to perform, sounds like exactly what we need.

And Mulraney.

I hope Doyle is earning his wage and twisting his arm to get over here. 

Edited by I.T.K

Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

What go in for him?

No, laughing at us obviously. Him and Naismith will make a massive difference.