• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Saw Warnock being interviewed on Sky Sports News earlier and Damour (sp?) was one of three players mentioned where he won't stand in their way of leaving if they can find first team football elsewhere.

Cruyff Turn
35 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

James Morrison, Mr Mo Jo rising, well almost. ( Young people this is a Doors reference) (Young people The Doors were a great group)

Enough with the positivity, most folk on here think it’s The End. Personally i’m hoping we do get Morrison so he can help us to another Five to One. 🙄

Hectormasson
42 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

James Morrison, Mr Mo Jo rising, well almost. ( Young people this is a Doors reference) (Young people The Doors were a great group)

Yes with naisy and morrison" we could "break on through to the other side"👍🇶🇦🇱🇻👏🎵🎵🎼

TweedbankJambo
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Enough with the positivity, most folk on here think it’s The End. Personally i’m hoping we do get Morrison so he can help us to another Five to One. 🙄

Haha, hopefully we can break on through to the champions league 🙄

1 hour ago, AW1 said:

The seethe over at Lochend would be incredible if we announced those two. Theyd probably shut their board down again........... "why can't we sign anyone/afford decent players when we've millions and Millons of pounds" 

Beautiful 

H1B5 fans at my work have already said they’d be absolutely gutted if we signed both Naismith and Morrison. One down...

LeylandJambo
53 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Listening to LA Woman as I'm typing this 

37 minutes ago, gov said:

Are we expect a midfielder to sign this week? Morrison obviously mentioned. is there any substance to this Loic guy?

Loic deal is dead ... wanted mega bucks to sign

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Loic deal is dead ... wanted mega bucks to sign

No deal is ever really dead, not until either party have found an alternative option

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

No deal is ever really dead, not until either party have found an alternative option

Loic is for us .... we are today in dialogue with an "alternative option"

34 minutes ago, Zico said:

H1B5 fans at my work have already said they’d be absolutely gutted if we signed both Naismith and Morrison. One down...

😂👌

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Loic is for us .... we are today in dialogue with an "alternative option"

Hopefully we find a good solution :thumbsup:

Loic Damour, haven't heard of him. Seems he's 28 so no youngster. Did he not play much for Cardiff last season? Kept an eye on their games as I do with any clubs with an ex-Hearts connection, just don't remember that name.

On Morrison...if he is around, why did Levein say no, especially as Hibs and Aberdeen seemed interested as well?

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Loic Damour, haven't heard of him. Seems he's 28 so no youngster. Did he not play much for Cardiff last season? Kept an eye on their games as I do with any clubs with an ex-Hearts connection, just don't remember that name.

On Morrison...if he is around, why did Levein say no, especially as Hibs and Aberdeen seemed interested as well?

Only twice last season I think but played nearly 30 matches in their promotion side

6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Levein will never admit to being interested in a player. 

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Only twice last season I think but played nearly 30 matches in their promotion side

Ah, ok. That would explain why i'm unfamiliar with it, cheers.

Edited by jambonian

Eddie The Eagle
6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

If a player of Morrison's calibre came around and you had a chance to sign him why would you let your rivals know? Or the media? For you too possibly be gazumped by them 

As posted before when Levein said No to interest in signing James Morrison

He meant the singer 

Just now, Eddie The Eagle said:

If a player of Morrison's calibre came around and you had a chance to sign him why would you let your rivals know? Or the media? For you too possibly be gazumped by them 

As posted before when Levein said No to interest in signing James Morrison

He meant the singer 

Ah, well I widnae be interested in the singer either to be fair! :blush:

Joking apart, it was in the press that us, Hibs and Aberdeen were in for Morrison. Maybe Aberdeen are happy with Bryson now. Be an excellent signing if we could get him. Heard no more interest from Hibs so could be a good thing.

19 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ah, well I widnae be interested in the singer either to be fair! :blush:

Joking apart, it was in the press that us, Hibs and Aberdeen were in for Morrison. Maybe Aberdeen are happy with Bryson now. Be an excellent signing if we could get him. Heard no more interest from Hibs so could be a good thing.

Heckingerse has already said Hubz were done in this window, unless he too is playing the game of bluffs. 

JM would provide some absolutely vital experience and quality in the centre of the park. Hope it’s true we may be in talks with him. 

To be honest I am not convinced by Damour, he has played just over 200 career games at 29, 70 of them on the French 3rd tier. 

Not sure how solid this interest was but would be a risk 

as for Morrison, this would be a real coup, excellent player, great attitude and played regularly at the top level so would have a great amount of experience for the young players to tap into. 

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, afanderson33 said:

We are not signing James Morrison. We have no interest in him whatsoever. 

Can assure you the second part is wrong ;) he's 100% been speaking to us yesterday and today.

Eddie The Eagle
4 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

We are not signing James Morrison. We have no interest in him whatsoever. 

I can assure you James Morrison has been our top target this window 

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, afanderson33 said:

Levein was absolutely unequivocal when he was asked. He usually dances around something if it’s true. 

So your basing your statement on this

afanderson33
1 minute ago, Soapy Soutar said:

So your basing your statement on this

I’m using this as further evidence of my statement. Morrison won’t be signing for us. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Gagging for a Klaxon. Thinking it may not be today though

Klaxon Gagging, might become a trend.

2 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

I’m using this as further evidence of my statement. Morrison won’t be signing for us. 

Where's the other evidence that this is 'further' to though?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's a good transfer window

It is, but we need at least one midfielder.

We must replace Djoum and/ or Lee. Haring is also out.

Our central midfield isn't good enough just now.

afanderson33
Just now, HighTimes said:

Where's the other evidence that this is 'further' to though?

Where’s the evidence to say we are interested or that he’s “100%” been talking to us for the past two days? I would love him to sign but I am impeccably informed that he is not signing for us. 

Jambosteve1902

My understanding. Morrisons commitment to us was dependant on another offer he had which was reportedly from Luton, after luton signed an alternative target we spoke to him, but we were already in contact with Loic Damour at the time, Damour has since departed from talks as he wanted more money than we were willing to give him so to my understanding is its all eggs into morrison basket and try to get it done by tomorrow Close of business, if it isn't done there is a backup  plan however not of the same calibure.

Soapy Soutar
3 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Indeed he may not but i believe he has had tgat choice.

You stated we have no interest whatsoever which isnt true

Eddie The Eagle
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If it's true that we have been speaking to him for two day then I take that as a positive. 

He hasn't just said no and left. Maybe finer points and a medical being on the agenda for today.

Of course that may be utter mince.

Extremely promising considering there are a host of English championship teams after him also, who can offer 5 times what we can. The lad is a millionaire, so may want a different challenge and choose to play for Hearts. I'd like to think Naismith has had a word with James as they've played with Scotland together 

2 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

My understanding. Morrisons commitment to us was dependant on another offer he had which was reportedly from Luton, after luton signed an alternative target we spoke to him, but we were already in contact with Loic Damour at the time, Damour has since departed from talks as he wanted more money than we were willing to give him so to my understanding is its all eggs into morrison basket and try to get it done by tomorrow Close of business, if it isn't done there is a backup  plan however not of the same calibure.

All eggs are certainly not in one basket.

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Notts1874 said:

All eggs are certainly not in one basket.

in terms of our priority for this window, they are. unless theirs a new name came into the fold today behind scenes ive not been told about yet, but as of lunch time the only player we were working on was James. 

1 minute ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

in terms of our priority for this window, they are. unless theirs a new name came into the fold today behind scenes ive not been told about yet, but as of lunch time the only player we were working on was James. 

Ok then 👍

Eddie The Eagle
14 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Levein was absolutely unequivocal when he was asked. He usually dances around something if it’s true. 

Can i ask you for examples of this dancing around things when they are true? Just so i can fully understand your stance here. Maybe a player before this,  were you have based this theory on? 

Cheers 

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Ok then 👍

you're welcome to PM me if you know more like,  can only pass on the information i know pal dont appreciate the condescending/riddiculant nature of your comment :) 

Just now, Jambosteve1902 said:

you're welcome to PM me if you know more like,  can only pass on the information i know pal dont appreciate the condescending/riddiculant nature of your comment :) 

Well that's some response 😂😂😂😂

I can't see Morrison happening... for no other reason, than he'd be such a good signing, I'd probably combust. The thought of heading in to the new season with Morrison and Naismith in our starting line up is absolutely incredible. So for that reason, I'm just not going to put myself through the disappointment when it doesn't happen. :lol: