***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bottom 6 Motherwell? Motherwell where their manager offered to resign and only out of desperation threw a load of youngsters into the team which worked really well. 

Tbf now Dundee were sitting in the relegation zone with players like Kamara and Bain

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bottom 6 Motherwell? Motherwell where their manager offered to resign and only out of desperation threw a load of youngsters into the team which worked really well. 

I think you are being a bit unkind. If you look at the history of the Motherwell youngsters they have been consistently up at the top end of the league and not that long ago beat us in the Cup Final. They have a decent crop of youngsters to throw in and the reason they had to do that was just like us in that they had an unusually high number of injuries.

When you look at the resources they have available in comparison to the top six clubs then they are always going to be a bottom six club.

Their goal every season will be to stay in the top league.

hmfc_liam06
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Of course no good players ever play for struggling sides.

26 minutes ago, gov said:

Hearts are reportedly closing in on a deal to sign Ghanaian midfielder Cletus Nombil.

The 18-year-old went on trial with the Jambos at their training ground in April and featured in a bounce game against Queen of the South.

He’s now been invited back for pre-season and Hearts are set to strike a deal amid interest from Schalke and Brugge, reports The Daily Mail.

Same agent as Dauda and Mo Salah. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spocs-sports-consultants/beraterfirma/berater/728

Personally I think if we beat Schalke to a player..... Schalke never wanted him. 

Edited by I.T.K
Cant write

hmfc_liam06
24 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Was described as “the worst player I’ve ever seen in a hearts strip” by someone I know who’s involved in football and was at the behind closed doors bounce game he played in. 

I might send my highlight reel around as it’s much better than his too. He couldn’t kick a ball. 

Happy for him to shock me and be a star though. 

He's 18 so likely going into our youth set up on a basic wage. Worth a punt.

Gene Parmesan

https://footballmadeinghana.com/2019/06/01/cletus-nombil-the-elegant-midfielder-with-the-midas-touch/

"He is a complete midfielder and has already drawn comparison to Ivorian legend Yaya Toure"

"Already tagged as a genius..."

"...it will take sometime for a universal midfielder like Cletus to be produced."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nookie Bear
35 minutes ago, gov said:

Hearts are reportedly closing in on a deal to sign Ghanaian midfielder Cletus Nombil.

The 18-year-old went on trial with the Jambos at their training ground in April and featured in a bounce game against Queen of the South.

He’s now been invited back for pre-season and Hearts are set to strike a deal amid interest from Schalke and Brugge, reports The Daily Mail.

Worth a gamble etc etc

Project etc etc

Jamie Vardy etc etc 

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe we should be more interested in trying to sign their Head Scout who is obviously doing a good job finding all these players. John Murray must be getting close to retiral.

John Murray is absolutely woeful. Beggars belief on how he hasn’t lost his job yet.

28 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

John Murray is absolutely woeful. Beggars belief on how he hasn’t lost his job yet.

I didn't want to be the one to say that but can't disagree. Having said that what is the brief he is set in terms of type of players to be looked at?

Is it John Murray that ultimately signs them?

Italian Lambretta
46 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

He must be the person who answers the dodgy ghanian emails claiming to be agents of potential world cup stars.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Was described as “the worst player I’ve ever seen in a hearts strip” by someone I know who’s involved in football and was at the behind closed doors bounce game he played in. 

I might send my highlight reel around as it’s much better than his too. He couldn’t kick a ball. 

Sounds perfect.  Let's get him in on a 3year deal.

I still have enough trust in Craig et al that they wouldn't persist with this guy, especially after trials and the length of time involved, if he was a complete pony.

Guess time will tell if my blind faith in CL is correct or your contact is.

rudi must stay
48 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

This is one the infamous Kickback myths in my opinion. "He's terrible and a horrible man" if he was that bad I don't think Celtic would have been after him. And if he scouts youth player and has done since he arrived (can't remember exactly when) he's done a great job

cosanostra
29 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

This is one the infamous Kickback myths in my opinion. "He's terrible and a horrible man" if he was that bad I don't think Celtic would have been after him. And if he scouts youth player and has done since he arrived (can't remember exactly when) he's done a great job

He did give John McGlynn the manager job not too long ago. :rofl:

Not really any excuses that can be made for that decision.

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I didn't want to be the one to say that but can't disagree. Having said that what is the brief he is set in terms of type of players to be looked at?

Is it John Murray that ultimately signs them?

His role is chief scout so I assume he is heavily involved in the process of scouting and signing players.

The amount of dross we have signed over the years is unbelievable (as do other teams but you wonder what our scouts see in some of these past players). Bound to get a few right once every so often though.

Famous 1874
50 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Don’t doubt he is a great guy but don’t know him so can’t judge his personality. Fact is that as his role of chief scout we have signed tons of absolute shite. I believe he was in charge of the academy when Celtic wanted him so he is obviously good at that role, however his success rate as a chief scout , in regards to the number of first team signings is very poor. A few good signings obviously but some shockers in there.

Perhaps he is better at signing youth players than first team squad players then.

20 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

He did give John McGlynn the manager job not too long ago. :rofl:

Not really any excuses that can be made for that decision.

The same John McGlynn that nearly sank Liverpool out of the Europa league? I'd say that is John Murray's only good signing in the 15-20 years he has been with us. Wasnt always chief scout though.

54 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

People don't know very much.

For example how did Aaron Hockey come to resign for Hearts? Who identified Peter Haring. Maybe John Murray had nothing to do with either. 

cosanostra
5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

The same John McGlynn that nearly sank Liverpool out of the Europa league? I'd say that is John Murray's only good signing in the 15-20 years he has been with us. Wasnt always chief scout though.

John McGlynn was absolutely terrible. A draw at Anfield may be a memorable result but lets not pretend he wasn't shite.

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Dayman said:

To play devils advocate, there could be reasons he played so poor in the bounce match (just arrived, not up to speed, not used to the style of football etc) and having watched him over a longer period of his trial he showed his ability and showed he could adapt to Scottish football that Hearts felt at 18 he could develop into a good player.

Of course it could end up not like that.

7 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

John McGlynn was absolutely terrible. A draw at Anfield may be a memorable result but lets not pretend he wasn't shite.

Agreed, makes my point about Murray's best signing all that bit more valid to the arguement? 

rudi must stay

Just seen an article on Nombil on twitter.

Labelled a genius and a very clever player 

Well worth a read :thumbsup:

comradejambo
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To play devils advocate, there could be reasons he played so poor in the bounce match (just arrived, not up to speed, not used to the style of football etc) and having watched him over a longer period of his trial he showed his ability and showed he could adapt to Scottish football that Hearts felt at 18 he could develop into a good player.

I agree. I don't understand how so many people can completely dismiss the signing of an 18 year old young lad - the vast majority of which have never seen him play. He may well have had a bad match in the one bounce game he played in, where he doesn't know the players well and had only been over in this country afew weeks. Pretty sure every player will have a bad game from time to time (anyone who has watched our first team in the past year can attest to that). If the lad has potential and showed something in his first trial withus, this has to be a good thing to give him a chance to show what he can do. You never know, he may turn out to be a good find!

cosanostra
8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Agreed, makes my point about Murray's best signing all that bit more valid to the arguement? 

I get you now. Still can't believe he was our manager.

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Spoke with Kyle at The POTY he absolutely hates him Lockie had offered him a trial to prove his fitness again at Hearts and Murray Vetoed it 

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Spoke with Kyle at The POTY he absolutely hates him Lockie had offered him a trial to prove his fitness again at Hearts and Murray Vetoed it 

Fair enough. Haven’t seen the lad play so can’t judge him. Obviously not all the Murray does is wrong, just feel that in the vast majority of his first team signings have been poor. 

Famous 1874
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

People don't know very much.

For example how did Aaron Hockey come to resign for Hearts? Who identified Peter Haring. Maybe John Murray had nothing to do with either. 

Seems to have done ok with youth signings if he is involved with that, used to be in charge of the academy so I assume that he was involved in some capacity, likely the same with the Haring deal. 

Point i’m trying to make is that the vast majority of signings over the last few years have simply not been good enough, hence the high turnover every window just about. In his role of chief scout he has to take one responsibility.

Famous 1874
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Grezda and Barisic released by Rangers. Who'd take them?

I'd take both

Where are you seeing this? Both signed for a couple of million last summer so would be shocked if they have simply both been released.

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'd take both

Wouldn’t take either. 

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Where are you seeing this? Both signed for a couple of million last summer so would be shocked if they have simply both been released.

They haven’t been released, no idea where he’s got that from. 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

In the Scotsman's article "three players to follow Kyle Lafferty to the exit door"

Mr Elwood P
25 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

They haven’t been released, no idea where he’s got that from. 

They have been told, that they are surplus to requirements however.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I'd take both

They will want fees for both, injury prone too.

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

What I don’t understand about Celtics list is, they must have about 70million in the bank from Champs League, Player sales, TV rev, Prize money, Sponsors etc.. and they are looking at bargain basement signings and loan deals. What are they holding all this cash back for when Rangers are on their tails? 

Any decent player will head down south. 

Celtic used to be a good stepping stone with Ucl guaranteed, but why go there when a Bournemouth or the likes pays more and can be that stepping stone. 

£60m in wages as well a season

If they don't make the Ucl, they need to sell. 

Shame. 

johnking123

A lot of out signings will depend on souttar. He comes through the Scotland games unscathed and believe he will be off down south. The extra money will allow better wages and hopefully better quality.

31 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

A lot of out signings will depend on souttar. He comes through the Scotland games unscathed and believe he will be off down south. The extra money will allow better wages and hopefully better quality.

Great player for us and the only piece of shrewd business we've done in player recruitment since Budge and Levein have came in 

No less than 3/4 million 

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He's 18 so likely going into our youth set up on a basic wage. Worth a punt.

Yeah I’d agree. I’d imagine that hearts maybe would have had a longer showreel than the 2 minute long one on YouTube. It’s worrying that nothing in that video he does is any good though if that was solely  used to market him 

6 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Sounds perfect.  Let's get him in on a 3year deal.

I still have enough trust in Craig et al that they wouldn't persist with this guy, especially after trials and the length of time involved, if he was a complete pony.

Guess time will tell if my blind faith in CL is correct or your contact is.

I hope my guy was wrong. The ones we are most excited about end up to be useless(kostadinov and copil come to mind) so maybe that's a good omen.  

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah I like the optimism and all of which is entirely possible. I’m hoping it’s not just another case of “bigger team wants him so we’ll throw the kitchen sink at him to sign”. 

To be fair to him, an 18 year old going from what looks to me like the equivalent of the east of Scotland league right into the hearts first team is a massive jump. Especially in a different continent.  

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Any decent player will head down south. 

Celtic used to be a good stepping stone with Ucl guaranteed, but why go there when a Bournemouth or the likes pays more and can be that stepping stone. 

£60m in wages as well a season

If they don't make the Ucl, they need to sell. 

Shame. 

Guess the only selling point of Celtic over the likes of Bournemouth et al (apart from a bit more money) is the European exposure but that seems to be weakening pull factor these days

Re this Cletus guy - I am guessing we have made up and released the propaganda that 2 Champs league clubs are interested in him in an attempt to keep the fans happy?

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Re this Cletus guy - I am guessing we have made up and released the propaganda that 2 Champs league clubs are interested in him in an attempt to keep the fans happy?

FFS man chill oot,everybody at Hearts is on holiday.Its not Nazi Germany ita Scottiah football.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

FFS man chill oot,everybody at Hearts is on holiday.Its not Nazi Germany ita Scottiah football.

WTF??

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Jammy T said:

WTF??

Yes we have released propaganda that other clubs are after a player we gave a trial to to keep fans happy,its not the illuminati.Hes had trials at other big clubs,is it too outrageous that other top clubs would like to sign an 18 year old African player aswell?Have a look at his Facebook page,they think hes a God over there.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yes we have released propaganda that other clubs are after a player we gave a trial to to keep fans happy,its not the illuminati.Hes had trials at other big clubs,is it too outrageous that other top clubs would like to sign an 18 year old African player aswell?Have a look at his Facebook page,they think hes a God over there.

Oh dear god

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC IN RESPONSE TO OUR ARSEHOLE MOANY FACED FANS

AlphonseCapone
10 hours ago, Dayman said:

You'd think someone involved in the game wouldn't make such a dramatic decision on the back of one football match. In fact, it's a pretty stupid way to judge anything. 

6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I'd take both

Any link?

6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I'd take both

Think Grezda might turn out to be decent.

Folk talk about our recruitment Jesus they only signed these boys last year and for fees

jamboinglasgow
28 minutes ago, Rods said:

Think Grezda might turn out to be decent.

Folk talk about our recruitment Jesus they only signed these boys last year and for fees

Exactly, I think people live in a bubble and think we are alone at having quite a few signings that fail instead of the reality that every club in Scotland has this.

Rangers spent £4.43m on Grezda, Barisic and Lafferty last season and now they want rid of them, they spent £10.6m on signings last season.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

August Landmesser
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly, I think people live in a bubble and think we are alone at having quite a few signings that fail instead of the reality that every club in Scotland has this.

Rangers spent £4.43m on Grezda, Barisic and Lafferty last season and now they want rid of them.

What's their ST revenue? 20-odd mill?

Imagine if we'd spunked 25% of last year's ST money on three duds. There'd be mobs with pitchforks marching on Tynie. 

Or at least furiously starting dozens of threads on here

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

What's their ST revenue? 20-odd mill?

Imagine if we'd spunked 25% of last year's ST money on three duds. There'd be mobs with pitchforks marching on Tynie. 

Or at least furiously starting dozens of threads on here

Those ****ers wasting money and your post made me chuckle ???.