***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Gorillajam

Adam is wanted by Dunfermline supposedly. I'm not sure he's what we require. I'd actually like see us make a move for Alex Gorrin from Motherwell. He's available on a free - Ipswich, Peterborough and Portsmouth are all considering him. We are desperate for a goalie and Kelly for 50k would have been fantastic however QPR look to have signed him. Nathan Ralph (LB at Dundee) is available - he was their player of the season. Another I hope we are looking at.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Guys like Lee and Clare are not the problem here, it’s the unrealistic expectations of some fans that’s the issue.  Both Hartley and Pressley took time to settle but became legends.  Some players are slow burners and take time to get used to playing for a club like Hearts where the fan expectation is ridiculous. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Adam is wanted by Dunfermline supposedly. I'm not sure he's what we require. I'd actually like see us make a move for Alex Gorrin from Motherwell. He's available on a free - Ipswich, Peterborough and Portsmouth are all considering him. We are desperate for a goalie and Kelly for 50k would have been fantastic however QPR look to have signed him. Nathan Ralph (LB at Dundee) is available - he was their player of the season. Another I hope we are looking at.

We were after Ralph before he came to Dundee. Perhaps still on our radar.

Not seen much of this Gorrin lad but folk seem impressed. 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Guys like Lee and Clare are not the problem here, it’s the unrealistic expectations of some fans that’s the issue.  Both Hartley and Pressley took time to settle but became legends.  Some players are slow burners and take time to get used to playing for a club like Hearts where the fan expectation is ridiculous. 

Hartley took about 6 games, Presley was outstanding as soon as we stopped playing him at right back. Clare clearly has talent but is posting missing too often, olly lee is limited..neither will be remembered in 5 years time.. take that to the bank

Edited by kingantti1874

14 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Clare has the tools, he just needs to consistently put it together. Could well be a better player in a team that plays more football but that doesn't excuse the fact that he is not involved enough in games. Patience will eventually run out. 

Lee is not good enough and not suited to the demands of the league. One brilliant goal and a name that scans are not enough.

Edited by Jodami

better_call_saul
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hartley took about 6 games, Presley was outstanding as soon as we stopped playing him at right back. Clare clearly has talent but is posting missing too often, olly lee is limited..neither will be remembered in 5 years time.. take that to the bank

Take that to the bank ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

For me our biggest problem this season (apart from injuries) was our complete lack of dynamism in midfield. Half the time they were like statues.

Djoum and Lee were in there more often and not and they are experienced pros. They should be setting standards and an example but half the time they hid! It’s not good enough.

We need players with hunger and desire. Those that will press the opposition and move for the Fecking ball!

I hope Harry has a good preseason because I’d rather have him in there than the fecking pedestrians we have had - he always wants the ball and makes angles to receive it .

Amongst many others the Dundee and St Mirren performances at home were dire and stemmed from having people with as much movement and hunger as traffic cones in midfield.

During that time we had little options up front either, imo that was as much to blame. 

With Uche fit, Kenna an option another two to come in, the emergence of mulareny as well as giving us more potent striker options,  the midfield will benefit. 

Felt sorry for any forward thibking player. 

Most of the team was shite over that injury hit period. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looking very much on the bright side tonight neither Ash Taylor nor Curtis Main will be playing for Hearts 

7 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Olly Lee considering leaving. Unhappy with the lack of first team football. 

Did I not hear in the build up to the cup final that he was the outfield player with the most starts?

Whatever you say about Levein and our midfield you have to be prepared to fight to get into it and stay there.

If Olly doesn’t have that fight then we should get him out the door.

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Anyone else seen the leak about Celtic?

Interesting ?

Any links?

6 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Not to derail the topic and honestly not a dig an Levein but I think a number of our players would benefit from a bit more consistency in formation.  I think Lee is a very real example of that and arguably Clare too.  Hearts most successful recent season 2006 and Championship year we had a settled formation which we could almost all name and 8/9 of the 11 who would start in that formation.

As another poster says Lee looked good at the start of the season when we seemed a lot more settled and I think that suited him.  If we settle on a formation that plays to Lee's strengths then I think he has a genuine contribution to make next season.   

2006??

Are you absolutely ripping the piss?

The year of 3 managers, Vlad flu, Vlad picking the team and signing 11 players in the Jan window?

You mean that season of a predictable team and formation?

Dear god..

Edited by Jammy T

stevie1874

Yes! Apparently Celtic are looking for another keeper. (They are) 

Any other snippets sorry (secrets) ? ?

chester copperpot
32 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Any other snippets sorry (secrets) ? ?

Wish I could but swore I wouldn't. The leak is out there though and confirmed Gordon as leaving. 

Gorillajam
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We were after Ralph before he came to Dundee. Perhaps still on our radar.

Not seen much of this Gorrin lad but folk seem impressed. 

Motherwell fans are disappointed to see him leave. He's a tough player who loves a tackle. Gets stuck in and is a good passer of the ball. Very good at breaking up play and getting the ball to the creative players. I'd imagine we are looking at him. It appears Aberdeen are too going by the Sun.

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

2006??

The year of 3 managers, Vlad flu, Vlad picking the team and signing 11 players in the Jan window?

Dear god..

Its a piss poor example, but I agree with the underlying point. Theres a lot to be said for continuity.

Feel like we spent too much of last season trying to work out which way is up. Too many personnel changes and not knowing our best formation (which by the looks of things is a high pressing 433). On the positive side, we now have a pretty settled squad and the kids starting to come in now too which should mean significantly less changes over the summer. 

My hope is that next season we focus on our own strengths and impose ourselves on the game, rather than setting out to contain the opposition. I'm not sure if that was the plan, but it sure felt like we were too preoccupied trying to nullify, we barely created chances which I think was shown in the goal difference.

First game of the season I think Smith, Berra, Souttar, Hickey, Edwards, Haring, Uche and Naismith should start. Every other position is up for grabs. Another poster said about during Neilsons seasons we went into each game knowing 7/8 starters and the success we had off the back of that. The last 3 seasons we've not had that and really suffered. I think next season we have that again and should see some success as a result. 

Famous 1874

Would take Gorrin definitely.

Can’t see us buying Ralph after the recent emergence of Hickey whilst White is an unknown quantity to the majority of us and Garuccio is currently injured. For once it actually seems we have a little bit of stability at left back. 

Priority should be attacking players, first eleven standard. 

Wish I could but swore I wouldn't. The leak is out there though and confirmed Gordon as leaving. 

I have searched for it but cant find it anywhere 

18 minutes ago, jamboveg said:

I have searched for it but cant find it anywhere 

Not quite. Document said "Happy with current set up. May change if Gordon wishes to leave in the summer"

Page is in link below

Cruyff Turn

What I don’t understand about Celtics list is, they must have about 70million in the bank from Champs League, Player sales, TV rev, Prize money, Sponsors etc.. and they are looking at bargain basement signings and loan deals. What are they holding all this cash back for when Rangers are on their tails? 

5 hours ago, Herbert said:

People moan about the club not progressing but want to keep average players like Lee:cornette:

Souttar

Uche

Harring

Mulraney 

Naismith 

Smith

Those players and the youngsters coming up are who we need to keep, The rest are bang average and could be replaced easily.

Great when someone  posts an opinion you totally agree with.  I would Halkett to that list though.  Means we are around 10 players short of a competitive squad.

That being the case, we need about 5 of the youngsters to really come good, hope 3 or 4 of the ones not listed come good and sign 3 or 4 of proven experience.

I know that doesnt compute mathematically but people will know what I mean.  It's by no means a perfect science.

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

2006??

Dear god..

Don't forget a cup win as well #bringbackvladsfaxmachine??

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Good banter there.

Awful personal grooming though. ?

9 hours ago, Jammy T said:

2006??

Dear god..

There was huge upheaval off the park, but the team largely stayed the same for the whole season bar 1 or 2 Vlad moments (Dundee Utd away, Webster vlad flu). That’s probably what got us 2nd and the cup win, was consistency of selection and togetherness. You had 9 guaranteed starters and 4 others vying for 2 spots.

Levein has got nowhere near that, with maybe 5 or 6 guaranteed starters and formation changes week by week.

Edited by karipidis

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

There was huge upheaval off the park, but the team largely stayed the same for the whole season bar 1 or 2 Vlad moments (Dundee Utd away, Webster vlad flu). That’s probably what got us 2nd and the cup win, was consistency of selection and togetherness. You had 9 guaranteed starters and 4 others vying for 2 spots.

Levein has got nowhere near that, with maybe 5 or 6 guaranteed starters and formation changes week by week.

Thats the biggest load of pish I’ve seen spouted on here and that’s saying something.

Rudi contracted Vlad flu as did a few others. 

After Rix came in he had a number of games where he got to play some of his players.

32 players played for Hearts that season. 22 players played 5 or more games. 19 players made their debut for the team that season.

I am not even sure that the team that started the final had ever started together as a team before - but I stand to be corrected on that one.

What got us second was that the amount of money we spent meant that we had the quality of players to win games no matter the chopping and changing.

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

What I don’t understand about Celtics list is, they must have about 70million in the bank from Champs League, Player sales, TV rev, Prize money, Sponsors etc.. and they are looking at bargain basement signings and loan deals. What are they holding all this cash back for when Rangers are on their tails? 

They've always been tight bassa's, but maybe they are stockpiling some cash for when the Champions League gravy train comes to a halt in a couple of years time

11 hours ago, Cygnet said:

So we are unrealistic to want a top 3finish and a cup run? If that is unrealistic for the current bunch of players then they can go. I dont expect to win every game and I'm sure no one on here does but you expect a performance from the guys on the park. Lee,Bozanic,Wighton etc... dont do that nearly enough. I want to see guys like mulraney play for us who have the right attitude and will fight to get in the team. 

17 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Thats the biggest load of pish I’ve seen spouted on here and that’s saying something.

After Rix came in he had a number of games where he got to play some of his players.

32 players played for Hearts that season. 22 players played 5 or more games. 19 players made their debut for the team that season.

I am not even sure that the team that started the final had ever started together as a team before - but I stand to be corrected on that one.

What got us second was that the amount of money we spent meant that we had the quality of players to win games no matter the chopping and changing.

Apologies for voicing an opinion. 

Rudi played 35 league games that season, the crucial wins over Celtic and Aberdeen during the split was the exact same team who played in the final, so it appears you are the one who is spouting pish. 

Gordon, Neilson, Pressley, Webster (until Vlad flu) and Fyssas played the majority of games.

Hartley, Skacel, Brellier played the majority of games.

and when fit Jankausaks and Bednar played the majority of games. 

It was the dressing room that got us 2nd and the cup win, and the consistency of selection helped that. 

And 35 players played for Hearts this season. 28 played 5 games or more and 18 made there debut. 

Edited by karipidis

10 minutes ago, Herbert said:

So we are unrealistic to want a top 3finish and a cup run? If that is unrealistic for the current bunch of players then they can go. I dont expect to win every game and I'm sure no one on here does but you expect a performance from the guys on the park. Lee,Bozanic,Wighton etc... dont do that nearly enough. I want to see guys like mulraney play for us who have the right attitude and will fight to get in the team. 

Where did I say that? I was referring to the individual players and fans expecting them to hit the ground running. 

August Landmesser
15 hours ago, Barack said:

Main & Cosgrove upfront? McKenna & Taylor at the back?

Aye. Hearts are the "Big physical team" right enough.

:lol:

Won't stop them collapsing and squealing to the ref like stuck pigs whenever Big Harry Cochrane puts a tackle in on them though.

Jamboscanbevicius

Interesting “pickings” from Motherwell...

Cadden, Gorrin, and Ariyibi all mentioned on here in the past few days. All available, a good age, and potentially all would be good additions and add energy to our midfield!

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

Brighton Jambo
49 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You are either being deliberately obtuse or you don't get it.  Either way you have missed the point.

Under Burley at the start of that season we were the most successful we have been for a generation.  We played the same formation 442 with pretty much the same starting 11 every week.  The fans could pick the team before kick off - most could quote that team now.

Under Rix the madness you outlined in your stats is true and we signed a whole bunch of players and what happened, yes you guessed it performances dropped off.

Under Ivanauskas we went back to 442 and played pretty much the same team that had started the season and guess what, performances improved and we won a trophy.

The team that played the semi final versus Hibs was almost virtually the team that started the season with the same formation and even the same subs (i.e. Pospisal about 70 minutes, Miko for Chesney or vice versa)

At the beginning and end of the season every fan could name what the team and formation would be and we had some of our best results including a very rare trophy win.

Every hearts fan in under those two managers could name with absolute confidence the formation, the goalkeeper, the full backs, at least one of the centre halfs, three of the four midfielders (accepting we swapped Chesney/Mik0 regularly) and our best two strikers and our best back up striker.  Not one of us could right now say what our best formation and starting 11 is.  We all have opinions but back in 2006 we knew.

51 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Apologies for voicing an opinion. 

Rudi played 35 league games that season, the crucial wins over Celtic and Aberdeen during the split was the exact same team who played in the final, so it appears you are the one who is spouting pish. 

Gordon, Neilson, Pressley, Webster (until Vlad flu) and Fyssas played the majority of games.

Hartley, Skacel, Brellier played the majority of games.

and when fit Jankausaks and Bednar played the majority of games. 

It was the dressing room that got us 2nd and the cup win, and the consistency of selection helped that. 

And 35 players played for Hearts this season. 28 played 5 games or more and 18 made there debut. 

Take the stats up with London Hearts mate.

And I did say I stood to be corrected on the cup final team so thank you.

The cup final team had played together 3 times. We nearly got beat by Gretna and couldn’t beat them over 120 minutes. That proves my point more than anything else don’t you think?

Edited by Jammy T

5 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Interesting “pickings” from Motherwell...

Cadden, Gorrin, and Ariyibi all mentioned on here in the past few days. All available, a good age, and potentially all would be good additions and add energy to our midfield!

Maybe we should be more interested in trying to sign their Head Scout who is obviously doing a good job finding all these players. John Murray must be getting close to retiral.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Take the stats up with London Hearts mate.

And I did say I stood to be corrected on the cup final team so thank you.

The cup final team had played together 3 times. We nearly got beat by Gretna and couldn’t beat them over 120 minutes. That proves my point more than anything else don’t you think?

Maybe we would have lost if they hadn’t played together. The team that started had played the majority of games bar Ibby Tall.

Not sure my original point was the biggest load of pish you’ve seen on here but it’s all about opinions I guess. 

Jamboscanbevicius
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe we should be more interested in trying to sign their Head Scout who is obviously doing a good job finding all these players. John Murray must be getting close to retiral.

That is a good point. Clubs like Motherwell continually have to rebuild, and have a pretty good track record of finding gems!

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Maybe we would have lost if they hadn’t played together. The team that started had played the majority of games bar Ibby Tall.

Not sure my original point was the biggest load of pish you’ve seen on here but it’s all about opinions I guess. 

Using 2005/06 as a benchmark of how a football team should be run and managed was just a bit daft - don’t you think?

hmfc_liam06
13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You are either being deliberately obtuse or you don't get it.  Either way you have missed the point.

Under Burley at the start of that season we were the most successful we have been for a generation.  We played the same formation 442 with pretty much the same starting 11 every week.  The fans could pick the team before kick off - most could quote that team now.

I've not checked but I'd imagine our team was fairly consistent this season until injuries ripped the arse out of our seasaon?

9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Using 2005/06 as a benchmark of how a football team should be run and managed was just a bit daft - don’t you think?

No I was disputing your point that there was not a consistent team selection in 05/06, which I believe there was and was actually the reason we achieved so much, despite what was going on off the field. With so much good going on off the field at the moment, a consistent team and formation would help us achieve our goals on the field. 

Brighton Jambo
18 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've not checked but I'd imagine our team was fairly consistent this season until injuries ripped the arse out of our seasaon?

Yeah I agree but in the last 10/15 games of the season it seemed a like a lottery every time the team was announced.  I am honestly not trying to get at Levein but just felt we have always been our best with a clearly understood formation and team.  He had that nailed at the start of the season but then it all seemed to get a bit too experimental latterly

Hearts are reportedly closing in on a deal to sign Ghanaian midfielder Cletus Nombil.

The 18-year-old went on trial with the Jambos at their training ground in April and featured in a bounce game against Queen of the South.

He’s now been invited back for pre-season and Hearts are set to strike a deal amid interest from Schalke and Brugge, reports The Daily Mail.

35 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Bottom 6 Motherwell? Motherwell where their manager offered to resign and only out of desperation threw a load of youngsters into the team which worked really well. 

Edited by Mikey1874

hmfc_liam06
10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yeah I agree but in the last 10/15 games of the season it seemed a like a lottery every time the team was announced.  I am honestly not trying to get at Levein but just felt we have always been our best with a clearly understood formation and team.  He had that nailed at the start of the season but then it all seemed to get a bit too experimental latterly

I think a lot of it can be put down to him striving to find something to work. The injuries completely derailed our season and he tried (and pretty much failed) to claw it back somehow.

3 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Was described as “the worst player I’ve ever seen in a hearts strip” by someone I know who’s involved in football and was at the behind closed doors bounce game he played in. 

I might send my highlight reel around as it’s much better than his too. He couldn’t kick a ball. 

Happy for him to shock me and be a star though. 

27 minutes ago, karipidis said:

No I was disputing your point that there was not a consistent team selection in 05/06, which I believe there was and was actually the reason we achieved so much, despite what was going on off the field. With so much good going on off the field at the moment, a consistent team and formation would help us achieve our goals on the field. 

Ok.

How many players got injured that season?

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bottom 6 Motherwell? Motherwell where their manager offered to resign and only out of desperation threw a load of youngsters into the team which worked really well. 

Huh?