***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

If he isn't happy he can go in my opinion. We've given him a nice platform in a good league, he should be trying to fight his way back into the team. That would be the right attitude 

Anyway Cochrane could replace him easily 

I’d be lying if I said I was ready to believe he’s unhappy because someone on Kickback says he is. 

If he wants to go then he does with my best wishes. But I’m not convinced. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’d be lying if I said I was ready to believe he’s unhappy because someone on Kickback says he is. 

If he wants to go then he does with my best wishes. But I’m not convinced. 

Well he was just left out the cup final. It makes alot of sense that he's unhappy, as I say though that's not the attitude you want 

fast_blood
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Well he was just left out the cup final. It makes alot of sense that he's unhappy, as I say though that's not the attitude you want 

He was injured 

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Was injured not left out

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He was injured in the previous match, and is likely to be out injured for a couple more months.

Jean Louis Valois

I doubt many teams will sign an injured player so I’d imagine he’ll be staying where he is. I like him but it’s his own fault he was dropped, needs to work hard and get back in the team.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I like Lee. He’s another that was doing well in our great start to the season. 

He’s had his first season in Scotland. Let’s see how he manages in his second before waving him off out the door. 

This, very surprising how many people want Lee out. Still plenty room for improvement, but showed enough in spells last season to get more time. 

8 minutes ago, karipidis said:

This, very surprising how many people want Lee out. Still plenty room for improvement, but showed enough in spells last season to get more time. 

I would keep him too. Played well at start of season when Naismith was fit. Maybe didn’t move the ball as quick when players around him of poorer quality. Good free kick taker at times too!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Its only 5th June....

Patience young Padawan....

More ins and outs there will be !

A summer of ins and outs... Ahh to be young again. 

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m only going with what Levein has said, that he picks teams based on who Macphees analysis indicates should do well against certain teams. I don’t necessarily agree.

Hadn't heard that.

It actually explains a lot.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I think Lee is in between a rock and a hard place. 

He's better than a squad option for us, but not good enough to be a mainstay. 

He probably thinks he's good enough to be a main midfield man somewhere and at his age being a squad option is no use to him. 

I'd keep him over Bozanic and Edwards, but if we keep / replace Djoum and get another he'll be down the pecking order. 

He's also Likley on  Decent money. 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Injured. He would have Likley played if fit. 

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Main goes to Aberdeen.......some folk said this weeks ago

2 year deal. Would have taken a punt on him. Looked decent first season at Motherwell 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I like Lee. He’s another that was doing well in our great start to the season. 

He’s had his first season in Scotland. Let’s see how he manages in his second before waving him off out the door. 

And what players he will have around him.

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

2 year deal. Would have taken a punt on him. Looked decent first season at Motherwell 

????? Nothing more to say here.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Hadn't heard that.

It actually explains a lot.

I tried to find a link but couldn’t, he’s said it a couple of times now.

Leveins Battalion

Delighted Main is away to the sheep,honking footballer.Any rumours Notts on incomings?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m only going with what Levein has said, that he picks teams based on who Macphees analysis indicates should do well against certain teams. I don’t necessarily agree.

That helps explain the extent of the tinkering that goes on. There’s a lot to be said for a settled formation.

Edited by Pilmuir

SpruceBringsteen

Main "snubbing" us already shoots this transfer window straight up to #2 in the all time charts. Absolutely delighted with that. :loved:

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

That helps explain the extent of the tinkering that goes on. There’s a lot to be said for a settled formation.

Indeed, good teams might change players but formation and tactics usually stay the same.

Lee plays well when we play football. His best game the second half of the season  was probably the Celtic 2-1 loss at Tynecastle. 

He continually used the bell well, even skipped(I know) by a few Celtic players. 

When we resort to long balls the game passes him by. He was also instrumental in the semi win. 

I also think he will kick on next season. Michael Smith was pretty bang average his first season & our best player his second. 

47 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I think Lee is in between a rock and a hard place. 

He's better than a squad option for us, but not good enough to be a mainstay. 

He probably thinks he's good enough to be a main midfield man somewhere and at his age being a squad option is no use to him. 

I'd keep him over Bozanic and Edwards, but if we keep / replace Djoum and get another he'll be down the pecking order. 

He's also Likley on  Decent money. 

Whilst there were obviously many factors in play, it shouldn’t be ignored that our best form this season came with Lee playing in midfield. Lee and Haring is a good combination.

1 minute ago, RDSK said:

Whilst there were obviously many factors in play, it shouldn’t be ignored that our best form this season came with Lee playing in midfield. Lee and Haring is a good combination.

I would add that Lee dropped off after Djoum came back. I don't think that combination worked as well. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Also, I think Lee and Naismith play well together. 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

If he isn't happy he can go in my opinion. We've given him a nice platform in a good league, he should be trying to fight his way back into the team. That would be the right attitude 

Anyway Cochrane could replace him easily 

Cochrane doesn't have 90 mins in him.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I would add that Lee dropped off after Djoum came back. I don't think that combination worked as well. 

I don’t think you can blame Djoum, he was playing wide left or right in the majority of the games, most of which we won.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think you can blame Djoum, he was playing wide left or right in the majority of the games, most of which we won.

I didn't blame Djoum. The combination wasn't as good to let Lee influence games. His contribution dropped off. 

6 minutes ago, bigdav said:

See Curtis Main has signed for Aberdeen. Could he be their Connor Sammon?

January 2020:

14.thumb.jpg.26b89a0f28da7d2416b1d25a87b53dec.jpg

23 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Cochrane doesn't have 90 mins in him.

Ollie Lee is blowing out his arse after 15 minutes! He's unbelievably slow and that puts pressure on the rest of the midfield. The assists total is principally due to taking the set pieces when he is in the team. I don't think he would have played in the final had he been fit, hence his apparent unhappiness.

People moan about the club not progressing but want to keep average players like Lee:cornette:

Souttar

Uche

Harring

Mulraney 

Naismith 

Smith

Those players and the youngsters coming up are who we need to keep, The rest are bang average and could be replaced easily.

jambopilms
12 minutes ago, Herbert said:

People moan about the club not progressing but want to keep average players like Lee:cornette:

Souttar

Uche

Harring

Mulraney 

Naismith 

Smith

Those players and the youngsters coming up are who we need to keep, The rest are bang average and could be replaced easily.

I agree, you can't keep all the same players who were awful for months and expect better results, especially when Naismith gets injured.

17 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Souttar

Uche

Harring

Mulraney 

Naismith 

Smith

Halkett?

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I didn't blame Djoum. The combination wasn't as good to let Lee influence games. His contribution dropped off. 

I don’t agree, Lee did tail off but the combination between them didn’t appear on the surface to be a problem. It was more that the ball didn’t stick up front and he couldn’t lumber forward to get involved. 

The class of 86 was a cracking blend of youth & experience(auld codgers?) & it worked for that very reason. The youngsters doing the running with the old heads providing the guidance, experience, & protection.

when you see young Hickey playing alongside Smith with an age gap of nearly 20 years, if they’re decent enough, play them.  That’s how apprentices learn their craft.

47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Halkett?

He looks a good player and the type we should be going for. Just need to wait and see how he settles. 

LarrysRightFoot

For me our biggest problem this season (apart from injuries) was our complete lack of dynamism in midfield. Half the time they were like statues.

Djoum and Lee were in there more often and not and they are experienced pros. They should be setting standards and an example but half the time they hid! It’s not good enough.

We need players with hunger and desire. Those that will press the opposition and move for the Fecking ball!

I hope Harry has a good preseason because I’d rather have him in there than the fecking pedestrians we have had - he always wants the ball and makes angles to receive it .

Amongst many others the Dundee and St Mirren performances at home were dire and stemmed from having people with as much movement and hunger as traffic cones in midfield.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

For me our biggest problem this season (apart from injuries) was our complete lack of dynamism in midfield. Half the time they are like statues.

Djoum and Lee were in there more often and not and they are experienced pros. They should be setting standards and an example but half the time they hid! It’s not good enough.

We need players with hunger and desire. Those that will press the opposition and move for the Fecking ball!

I hope Harry has a good preseason because I’d rather have him in there than the fecking pedestrians we have had - he always wants the ball and makes angles to receive it .

Amongst many others the Dundee and St Mirren performances at home were dire and stemmed from having people with as much movement and hunger as traffic cones in midfield.

It's one thing to point the finger at central midfield however they need others to be moving into space and wanting the ball. It doesn't help either when the ball is knocked long from the back and the striker is isolated or doesn't win the ball in the air.

This for me is where we missed Naismith most because he would be demanding the ball and telling others where to put it barking orders and encouraging the whole time.

If he signs for us then that will be a big boost but we also need to have another player in the same mould as Naismith (I know that is easier said than done) who we can mould into hsi replacement.

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

For me our biggest problem this season (apart from injuries) was our complete lack of dynamism in midfield. Half the time they were like statues.

Last seasons gone so let it go and look forward positively to the new season 

Just now, chester copperpot said:

Anyone else seen the leak about Celtic?

Interesting ?

No, is it a secret?

chester copperpot
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No, is it a secret

Yes! Apparently Celtic are looking for another keeper. (They are) 

LarrysRightFoot
14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's one thing to point the finger at central midfield however they need others to be moving into space and wanting the ball. It doesn't help either when the ball is knocked long from the back and the striker is isolated or doesn't win the ball in the air.

This for me is where we missed Naismith most because he would be demanding the ball and telling others where to put it barking orders and encouraging the whole time.

If he signs for us then that will be a big boost but we also need to have another player in the same mould as Naismith (I know that is easier said than done) who we can mould into hsi replacement.

First thing variance in play is key but a lot of the time we went long because the midfield don’t move. There’s no shape or cohesiveness to it. 

As for strikers not winning headers - they won’t win them all and the punts lack accuracy half time. Even then winning the second ball/scraps is key - someone breaking the lines from midfield (a Hartley or Cameron - those were the days) is required.

And yes Naismith is key but being an actual one man team is a joke.

Bryson and or Adam would help give us proper control and leadership in midfield. Neither will probably happen though. 

Cruyff Turn
24 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Olly Lee is as slow as a week in jail and is blowing out his arse after 20 mins get rid please 

Stevie Wonder can see that. 

Might be half decent in Eng Division 2 or 3 where the games played at a jogging pace and he can take 3 or 4 touches. Certainly not suited to Scottish football. He’s had a handful of good games in over 30 appearances, most of the time he’s posted anonymous. We’re a better more dynamic team without him. Folk slate Djoum, Lee couldn’t lace Djoums boots ffs. Absolute waste of a wage. It’s a shame it hasn’t worked out but both parties would be better off if he left this summer.