***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Keena is the most natural finisher at the club wouldn't let him go anywhere.  Would move out Wighton and Maclean to make space.

Vs Stenny as a sub that was a great chance for Keena, and he did very little. He did nothing v Inverness either

I'm not sure about him at all. All very well doing it in the reserves, I wouldn't sell him yet I'm just not sure about him

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Cruyff Turn
12 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Keena is the most natural finisher at the club wouldn't let him go anywhere.  Would move out Wighton and Maclean to make space.

Not seen anything in Keena so far that suggests that. Would love him to prove me wrong however.

29 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Quiet in the summer Mothy, they need product to cover. More shit on the net with my eyes blanked out though... 

Just pissed off that I missed it. ☹️

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Not convinced by Keena yet. 

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Vs Stenny as a sub that was a great chance for Keena, and he did very little. He did nothing v Inverness either

I'm not sure about him at all. All very well doing it in the reserves, I wouldn't sell him yet I'm just not sure about him

Agree 100% 

Would love to see him bang goals in here but so far in the opportunities he’s had he looks miles away from first team level. Against ICT in the Semis, I don’t think he even managed to get a touch of the ball, he looked miles out of his depth.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Hasn’t had enough of a run for any fair opinions to be drawn 

Portable Badger
Just now, To Be Frank said:

He’s not looking too good.

I know he's a plug ******* but how's the injury ?;)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Any news on Washington's eye injury ?

Maybes ayes maybes nose 

On 23/07/2019 at 21:58, To Be Frank said:

We’ll be playing with two centre midfielders this season. Unfortunately Edwards just isn’t good enough to play in a two at this level. His passing, control and positional awareness are just not up to scratch. Can’t fault his passion, energy and workrate though.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I think athletes tend to do well in scotland (typically players with energy and workrate), I think thats a good reason why we should have kept him. I think he offers more urgency than Bozanic and I honestly believe with confidence from the cup final goal he could have really kicked on for us.

I think though, yeah can't really argue here. Just disappointing to be left wondering. 

Hopefully we either got a bit cash, or can put the saved cash (alongside Martin & Djoum) into getting someone that is going to run the show at this level.  

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If we put Wighton and Keena our on loan, could possibly allow us to bring in another striker, despite what Levein says. 

Something we should absolutely do. 

Wighton isn't impressing much despite multiple chances and Keena... everyone seems to have lots of hope for the lad but we need a reaction this season. We can't be languishing midtable for a 3rd season on the bounce.

Cummings is the answer. Possibly Lafferty (I liked the look of him partnered with Uche but tbf we all know Lafferty V Celtic is a completely different animal to Lafferty V St Mirren or Motherwell).

It smells like Levein is pinning our season on Naismiths fitness again IMO. 

Phil D. Corners
6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Cummins is the answer only Levein and dafties cannot see that.

Is the question: Name an unhinged striker who has 1 goal in 15 games strike rate in the SPFL. 

I’d suggest any loaning out of Keena is on a short term basis.

Fear we are starting to see why Uche ended up here and no one else picked him up down south. 

Cruyff Turn
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Wighton isn't impressing much despite multiple chances and Keena... everyone seems to have lots of hope for the lad but we need a reaction this season. We can't be languishing midtable for a 3rd season on the bounce.

Cummings is the answer. Possibly Lafferty (I liked the look of him partnered with Uche but tbf we all know Lafferty V Celtic is a completely different animal to Lafferty V St Mirren or Motherwell).

Agreed.

I think Cummings has goals in him and would prove that given a chance at this level. He’s also only 23, there’s certainly room for improvement. He’s absolutely worth a punt. 

We got Laffertys best season out of him I think. His career was on a downward spiral, he came here playing for a move and managed to get it. He’s 32 now. Only managed 4 goals last season in a free scoring Newco team. His careers on the piss again and the only thing that motivates him is money. Michael O’Neil can’t even best ersed  with him anymore. MLS is probably his best bet.

Either way, we cannot rely on Naismith. At 33/34, he’s going to have niggles. We know that Walker will too. 

Uche looks garbage  age so far this season. Washington hasn’t scored at club level for a long time and the longer it goes on, more pressure builds on him and the folk who signed him. MacLean is back up. 

He is taking a gamble if he does not look to bring in another striker now. Could be the difference between 5th and 3rd.

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm not convinced by any of our strikers, Dave.

I don't include Naismith in that statement.

100% thus far. 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Keena needs another season on loan....maybe with ICT....get Robbo to pass on all he knows.

Probably the best idea anyone has had on here in a while and makes perfect sense. No one better to learn from.

Jean Louis Valois
24 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I agree with this. He is exactly the type of player our forward line needs, someone who can score goals. None of our strikers can.

21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

There is not one out and out penalty box striker in our squad at present. Last night really showed up what is a pretty obvious weakness in the makeup of the squad.  Now I know are crying out for a couple of central midfield players just now,  but I just can’t see a prolific scorer in the strikers we have available at present. 

Edited by Deevers

Can people stop calling Cummings a proven goal scorer, the answer to our problems etc. He would be a proven goal scorer for someone like Dunfermline as that the only league he has proved anything in.

5 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I agree with this. He is exactly the type of player our forward line needs, someone who can score goals. None of our strikers can.

Really? None of our strikers?

Not even Steven Naismith who has scored 64 goals in this league? How many has Cummings scored at this level again?

Levein  will do what Levein wants to do. No point crying about. As I see it, if he choose not to address the obvious weaknesses then he will fall on his own sword and will be out of a job. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Same. How many would you back to be first scorer?

8 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Levein  will do what Levein wants to do. No point crying about. As I see it, if he choose not to address the obvious weaknesses then he will fall on his own sword and will be out of a job. 

This definitely.  Will probably be sooner rather than later

45 minutes ago, OTT said:

It would actually be our FOURTH season on the bounce. Never ending transition.

10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Can people stop calling Cummings a proven goal scorer, the answer to our problems etc. He would be a proven goal scorer for someone like Dunfermline as that the only league he has proved anything in.

I'm genuinely not having a dig here,

Can people please become realistic with who we can and can't get. If Cummings was an SPL level goalscorer or succeeded down south he wouldn't be in our bracket. At our level we need to take risks. If a talented laddie has fallen by the wayside then thats our time to shine in the transfer market. 

I think its a lot like the Tony Watt situation, we did the right thing bringing him in. It was just unfortunate he wasn't a success. I think bringing Cummings in whilst we have Uche, Washington and Mclean  is sensible and covers us if he does turn out to be a dud (which I doubt btw). 

Its risk versus reward, I see a lot of potential upside for very little down side. Worst case we can Sammon him out for a couple of years and let his contract expire. Best case? We could lift a cup. In my eyes its worth it. 

I can understand why we won’t bring Lafferty back as half the ground would end up closed, but surely we should be moving for a penalty box type striker. Cummings or an other🤷‍♂️

Jean Louis Valois
26 minutes ago, andrew said:

Really? None of our strikers?

Not even Steven Naismith who has scored 64 goals in this league? How many has Cummings scored at this level again?

Steven Naismith who was out injured for the majority of last season. He’s our best player, but if we rely on him staying fit for most of our games we are in trouble. Jason’s Cummings has played about half a season at this level so you can’t exactly relate the two.

Edited by Jean Louis Valois

Radio Ga Ga
58 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Got to agree jonno

Radio Ga Ga

I know he can’t sign until next week, but is he ready to hit ‘the ground running’

Naismith that is

Things will be clearer just before or after August 8th

EPL and Championship window closes and it does mean players and clubs options will reduce

We have already been told Craig has 4 players in mind for the midfield spot and  even though you cannot always get your first choice hopefully we will get one of them

All sorts of things will be going on just now and fans cannot be told every little detail

Of course with the lack of belief in the manager by some the longer it goes on the more annoyed they will become as frustration grows and if you are of that viewpoint it is understandable

Re a striker I think we'd need to get one out to get one in IF that is in the managers thoughts

Edited by CJGJ

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Things will be clearer just before or after August 8th

EPL and Championship window closes and it does mean players and clubs options will reduce

We have already been told Craig has 4 players in mind for the midfield spot and  even though you cannot always get your first choice hopefully we will get one of them

All sorts of things will be going on just now and fans cannot be told every little detail

Of course with the lack of belief in the manager by some the longer it goes on the more annoyed they will become as frustration grows and if you are of that viewpoint it is understandable

CL has said he’d moved on from those 3 or 4 as “he didn’t get the right vibes”.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Always found the flavour overpowering.

Oh, not Cumin. If you mean Cummings, you're wrong.

Edited by Taffin

19 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Levein says he's not interested

Anyway at 33 I'm not sure

He's no interested in James Morrison 

The singer 🤪

25 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm genuinely not having a dig here,

Can people please become realistic with who we can and can't get. If Cummings was an SPL level goalscorer or succeeded down south he wouldn't be in our bracket. At our level we need to take risks. If a talented laddie has fallen by the wayside then thats our time to shine in the transfer market. 

I think its a lot like the Tony Watt situation, we did the right thing bringing him in. It was just unfortunate he wasn't a success. I think bringing Cummings in whilst we have Uche, Washington and Mclean  is sensible and covers us if he does turn out to be a dud (which I doubt btw). 

Its risk versus reward, I see a lot of potential upside for very little down side. Worst case we can Sammon him out for a couple of years and let his contract expire. Best case? We could lift a cup. In my eyes its worth it. 

I dont disagree with you.

I was just say folk should state Cummings is the answer to our problems or is guaranteed to score goals as if it is fact, when it's not a fact.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I've seen Keena in the reserves quite a bit and he looks like he has a lot of potential will play more this season but how much of a run remains to be seen

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

CL has said he’d moved on from those 3 or 4 as “he didn’t get the right vibes”.

No he didn't, he was talking about players during the summer, not the 4 players he is looking at at the moment.

Man city representatives were up yesterday i see getting a look around the facilities in the hope we can tap into their youth set up for potential loans 

31 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Steven Naismith who was out injured for the majority of last season. He’s our best player, but if we rely on him staying fit for most of our games we are in trouble. Jason’s Cummings has played about half a season at this level so you can’t exactly relate the two.

An injured Naismith still managed 14 goals last season, Cummings scored one.

And he's played a lot more than half a season, 1 goal in 26 games - he's not the answer to our lack of goals.

Quite a lot of negativity around Uche, he may not be a natural goal scorer but his hold up play is excellent....the problem we have is not having some clinical enough to work off him to score the goals...another point of Uche is that the type of player that comes to teams like Hearts will never be world class unless of course we spend way above our budget which will not happen in the near future....for all it’s worth I thought Washington looked to have a really good football brain but as above we seem to be missing a clinical finisher....something Lafferty was

51 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

True. That's generally what happens at other clubs, davey. Not convinced it applies to Hearts, though. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

And all the other managers not signing Cummings.

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

No he didn't, he was talking about players during the summer, not the 4 players he is looking at at the moment.

How do you know ?

Also.....

It is summer where we are 🤨

Edited by DH1986

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, martoon said:

True. That's generally what happens at other clubs, davey. Not convinced it applies to Hearts, though. 

I think a lot of people don't get that Levein is doing a bigger job than managing the first team because that's what his boss wants him to do. That's why Budge thinks he's doing a good job in general. And that's why other managers might have been sacked if being judged on league finishes only.

You can disagree with it but it's true so howling at the moon about it is a bit pointless, especially as the next guy who takes over at the end of this season (either a be careful what you wish for guy noone here's heard of from the English lower leagues or another foreign guy no-on here's heard of who's been a No. 2 at big teams - according to the folk who want Levein replaced now) will very likely reap the benefits of a team with a solid spine and a bunch of very talented youngsters ready to go. We'll find out soon enough.

Jean Louis Valois
8 minutes ago, andrew said:

An injured Naismith still managed 14 goals last season, Cummings scored one.

And he's played a lot more than half a season, 1 goal in 26 games - he's not the answer to our lack of goals.

Mostly when he broke through at Hibs when they got relegated, can hardly expect a young player in his first season to be prolific. I’m not disputing Naismith is a top player and will score goals again, but he’s a year older and I doubt he will stay fit all season.

AlphonseCapone

Jason '10 goals in 3 seasons' Cummings... Aye prolific... Folk have no grasp on reality on here. 

Did I miss us getting bought by an Arab billionaire? Otherwise I don't know where people are getting all this money to buy players from