***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Brighton Jambo
10 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I've been touting Michael O'Neill for the post come next season on here for the last year to various levels of deriision. Still think its a reasonable bet.

Northern Ireland look like they will qualify for the Euro’s.  If they do O’Neill wouldn’t be available until late June at the earliest.  Even if you assume he goes straight from the NI job to us that will give him so little time to identify areas of the squad he wants to improve, sign players, impose his ideas before the season starts with Betfred and or Europe.  We would be behind the curve before we even start.  

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

14 minutes ago, Markymark said:

If this is actually true it shows you Levein also lacks class. He’s meant to be a professional football manager so referring to another professional as a ‘wee scrote’ To joe public is pretty crass. 

He is a wee scrote though,  and was said  in a private conversation 

If he had said it in a media interview then you may have a point, but he didn't 

So, apart from all the seemingly pointless conjecture about Cumdog and Lafferty, and the endless stuff hoping that Levein is sacked or leaves on this thread,  are there actually any whispers about credible player targets for us?

GorgieFifeLife
23 minutes ago, Markymark said:

I’d rather we had Cummings at hearts than Levein ....

Levein has many faults as a manager and would be better suited to the Director of Football role. However to state you would rather have Cummings at the club over Levein would be hilarious if it wasnt so depressing to hear a Hearts supporter state this.  Cummings might or might not score goals for us if he signed but the club look into the background of all players we sign and they wont have had to look far on this one.  There is a player in there somewhere if only he got out of his own way but have him here over Levein? No thanks.

Walter Bishop

Our squad as it stands now will be lucky to finish top 6 imo. No goal scorer and no central midfield, which is criminal in the SPL. 

1 hour ago, Flimsy said:

42 goals in 3 seasons. I can understand some fans might not want to sign him because of the Hibs connection but making up stats isn't helpful.

Is this 42 goals in the LAST three seasons ?

Seems to be a bit of a discrepancy here.😕

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

So, apart from all the seemingly pointless conjecture about Cumdog and Lafferty, and the endless stuff hoping that Levein is sacked or leaves on this thread,  are there actually any whispers about credible player targets for us?

Not really.

Are we not waiting on clearance for Cletus, or is that done and dusted

12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Not a sausage.

Dallas Green

Hearts fans calling Cummings "cumdog" is ****ing cringy as ****.

He has been utter shite in this league too. When someone starts finding Washington's runs then he will start scoring. 

Anyway, back on topic. 

Has anyone any news on who these midfield targets are? Even wee hints?

Dallas Green
48 minutes ago, Markymark said:

:cornette:

Aye. Okay.

Soapy Soutar
16 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Our squad as it stands now will be lucky to finish top 6 imo. No goal scorer and no central midfield, which is criminal in the SPL. 

It is criminal in any league..however in terms of goals im confident washington,walker,uche,naismith,keena will get a fair share providing we sort the midfield out

Washington will score when we have players that can lift their heads up quick enough to spot his movement. Or when we find a player that instinctively knows how to find him. 

53 minutes ago, Markymark said:

He isn't a proven goalscorer nevermind manager.

This site is shit.

37 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Northern Ireland look like they will qualify for the Euro’s.  If they do O’Neill wouldn’t be available until late June at the earliest.  Even if you assume he goes straight from the NI job to us that will give him so little time to identify areas of the squad he wants to improve, sign players, impose his ideas before the season starts with Betfred and or Europe.  We would be behind the curve before we even start.  

Who do you think NI will finish above in their group, Germany or Holland?

19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

This site is shit.

Levein has signed plenty of them right enough 😂

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

They changed the rules? 

Do we get a fine or a points deduction? 

56 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

FFS. Read the post again. It was the poster who callled him a wee scrote after saying Levein said he wouldn’t sign him. 

I think you need to read it again rather than markymark.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, ceefax said:

23 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Washington will score when we have players that can lift their heads up quick enough to spot his movement. Or when we find a player that instinctively knows how to find him. 

I think Naismith and Lee would compliment him. 

Signs of him and Walker combining as well v Utd 

His movement and runs are somthing I noticed, much better than Uche and obviously more mobile and energetic that Maclean. 

I'm confident about this one being a success. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I think Naismith and Lee would compliment him. 

Signs of him and Walker combining as well v Utd 

His movement and runs are somthing I noticed, much better than Uche and obviously more mobile and energetic that Maclean. 

I'm confident about this one being a success. 

Yip, I agree. I also think Clare has the ability to find him but we won’t start to see that until Haring or a new guy are in there doing the dirty work free’ing Clare up. Am not a fan of Uche but he has looked well short of his levels last year. 

29 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’m confident McDonald can fill that role.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Yip, I agree. I also think Clare has the ability to find him but we won’t start to see that until Haring or a new guy are in there doing the dirty work free’ing Clare up. Am not a fan of Uche but he has looked well short of his levels last year. 

It's early, but said In The match thread v Utd. 

Walker, Washington, Hickey, Smith, Mulraney and even I think I said Clare were making Uche look very slow in terms of intelligence, decision making and running. 

Uche is effective, but if we get more intelligent players in, then he needs to turn the page. 

30 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

This site is shit.

The part in bold is true which is a shame because it never used to be. Every thread is now polluted with the same sh!t.

Anyway I'm hopeful we'll have 1 centre mid in before the Aberdeen game and another before the window shuts. Are there any rumours as to who?

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Get the midfield sorted if there is any dough left then think about another striker but please just get the midfielders in.

Agree with you here. We've seen some of the great runs that Washington has made and while I think Naismith will compliment his play, A midfielder who can pick out these runs is what's needed. We can have all the attacking threats we want but if we can get the ball to our strikers it makes very little difference.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Behind the curve?? What like we are right now?? It's almost August and we've still not addressed our midfield issues, plus if possible a new penalty box striker is needed and we're just over a week away from the new league season.  

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Behave yersell, that's far to sensible a post for here.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Craig and the rest of the coaching team have had more than enough time to source and contact players yet here we are a week before the season starts with no centre midfielders at the club,yes people can come back with Cochrane etc,Clare coming in but they are not good enough just yet.Its turning into a complete shambles.

It’s not a complete shambles 😂 He’s looking at players and has had four in to look at already. He wants to get the right player and will take as long as that takes.  Can we beat Aberdeen with Clare/Irving/Bozanic/Halkett in midfield...of course we can. It’ll be slightly tougher but we just have to accentuate the stronger aspects of our squad until the right midfielder at the right price is available. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

8th of August. We'll have people in place by then. 

Not ideal. But that's what we're waiting on I'd imagine. 

What is the 8th of August? 

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Southend after Lee?

According to Jamie Borthwick they are in talks but Hearts have said it needs to work for all parties before he’d be allowed to leave.

assuming that means either a few agrees or a replacement.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

English transfer window closes, except for League's 1&2. Which will be the 2nd of September.

Once the situation becomes clearer closer to the first week in August, then clubs who're hanging about waiting to see the availability of targeted players, should start making their moves on unwanted players.

A loan from a Championship club, is where I'm putting my money.

Cheers, makes sense. 

Scotland is 2 September too.

Edited by Mikey1874

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not really.

Are we not waiting on clearance for Cletus, or is that done and dusted

Still waiting

Are we not in the same situation for the 4'8'' 12 year old - Max?

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Olly Lee in looking to move to a club near essex shock 

heartsfc_fan

I'd hope we get a fee for Lee. Yes he's not that great but surely worth £150k ?

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

If we even get £50,000 we should take it and run!

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

The guy still isn't fit doesn't want to be be here and Levein is obviously not going to play him so just get rid.

Yes it would be nice to get something for him but if it meant him staying with us then just let him go for nothing.

It would free up more money for a potential replacement.

4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Wouldn’t quite fit with the ‘allowing him to go if he can find a club’ idea.

Suspect it’s more about Hearts managing to get cover in first.

Captain Canada
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

The guy still isn't fit doesn't want to be be here and Levein is obviously not going to play him so just get rid.

Yes it would be nice to get something for him but if it meant him staying with us then just let him go for nothing.

My thoughts exactly. We shouldn't be playing hardball if a club wants him and he obviously wants to go. He's got no future at Hearts now, so best to get him off the wage bill. Realistically, he's not worth much anyway, especially when still coming back from an injury and having done no pre-season. 

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Wouldn’t quite fit with the ‘allowing him to go if he can find a club’ idea.

Suspect it’s more about Hearts managing to get cover in first.

Don't really see how this will be the case as Lee is very unlikely to play even if he gets himself fit.

CL has said he will give youth a chance.

Just now, Captain Canada said:

My thoughts exactly. We shouldn't be playing hardball if a club wants him and he obviously wants to go. He's got no future at Hearts now, so best to get him off the wage bill. Realistically, he's not worth much anyway, especially when still coming back from an injury and having done no pre-season. 

:thumbs_up:

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, ceefax said:

The Netherlands, I don’t think you can overestimate the fact NI already have 12 points in the bag.  I think they will take something off the Dutch in Belfast and that puts the Netherlands in a situation where any slip up in other games gives them a struggle to match NI total.  

...a bit disco
19 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Olly Lee in looking to move to a club near essex shock 

The only way apparently.

57 minutes ago, saxondale said:

I’m confident McDonald can fill that role.

I hope the fans stick with him. He made a few wayward passes that got groans from the crowd. He is a proper talent. 

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't really see how this will be the case as Lee is very unlikely to play even if he gets himself fit.

CL has said he will give youth a chance.

Fair enough, but CL has said the deal has to work ‘for all parties’. If Hearts aren’t looking for a fee and don’t need cover, then what constitutes a deal that ‘works’ for us?

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thanks. 

Can we park this now or is it a "Charlie Adam' type signing?

(Not aimed at you BTW)

We could but only until the next random "could do a job" name gets chucked into the thread then the under 7 team can all chase that ball. 😎 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I doubt if we will get a fee or are even looking for one.  From our point of view I suspect we'd be quite happy if Southend agreed to take over his existing contract leaving us with no further liability.  Beyond that, I still think we would make a token payment to the player as a goodwill measure.

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I hope the fans stick with him. He made a few wayward passes that got groans from the crowd. He is a proper talent. 

I like him and think he is a great player but I found him to be anonymous against Stenny. 

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How?

54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What is the 8th of August? 

19 minutes ago, geomac said:

It's a Thursday

Since you mention it it's also the day Nixon announced he was resigning. Dustin Hoffman's birthday and the day Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman divorced.