***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A 4-4-2 doesn’t really leave a lot of space for new recruits.

Zlamal

Hickey

Berra

Souttar

Smith

Mulraney

Clare 

Haring

Walker 

Naismith 

Uche / Washington

Don’t think we have any particularly weak players in that squad. Bench of Halkett, White, Morrison, McDonald, Bozanic & MacLean.

Wonder if Halkett will be utilised in Harings position until we get a permanent replacement- although I’m unsure if he’s ever played as a DM

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Morph said:

Do we really have no intentions of getting a quality CM in?  All i see is chat of cover for Haring.  Djoum even though he was lacking in desire was our main man in the middle and i thought replacing him would be an absolute priority.

I don't think any of the young lads or sean clare is an adequate replacement for the hole Djoum leaves, we need at least 1 experienced, good creator in the middle. IMO anyway.

I think Clare is the replacement for Djoum. Walker takes Clare’s attaching position. Cochrane and Irving step up. I think one player to compete with Haring is very important to complete the squad.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think Clare is the replacement for Djoum. Walker takes Clare’s attaching position. Cochrane and Irving step up. I think one player to compete with Haring is very important to complete the squad.

I'm not going to slate Clare as season hasn't started but i just don't see him being the answer to our problems in CM.

I think it's a position we've been lacking in and it's not really one we can take a risk with seeing if he works in there.  Hopefully i'm wrong and he's the second coming of colin cameron and levein has it spot on but i have my doubts.  Really want to see more of cochrane this season.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Wonder if Halkett will be utilised in Harings position until we get a permanent replacement- although I’m unsure if he’s ever played as a DM

Be interesting to see how Clare / Bozanic works as a pairing tonight. Halkett could work in there. Clare paired with either Cochrane or Irving is likely too lightweight for Premiership games.

23 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Evening Telegraph reporting that Cummings is at St Johnstone today to negotiate a loan deal and that they are close to signing May on a 3 year deal. I doubt we are interested in Cummings if this is true. Two good signings for them if it comes off.

Can’t be on big money then, surely would have been worth a punt.

2 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

Need a striker/poacher, a selection of forwards who are not exactly keen on finding the net isn't ideal. However all are suitable as the second man. 

I’d like to see Keena/Zanatta given a run

1 minute ago, jambmoz said:

May nah but Cummings

Leveins Battalion

Big Craigy is 100% right to bide his time and wait for the right player,we have had signings aplenty the last few years whilst we had to both build a squad that would 'sort of' compete and build that big beautiful beast of a stand,no doubt we will be a different proposition this season HHGH.

29 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Evening Telegraph reporting that Cummings is at St Johnstone today to negotiate a loan deal and that they are close to signing May on a 3 year deal. I doubt we are interested in Cummings if this is true. Two good signings for them if it comes off.

May has signed for St Johnstone + Estonian defender.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Free agents with something to prove can work well. Fitness and injuries carried need looked at carefully though!

Not jusr free agents. When the English window shuts, it only means that English clubs can no longer register new signings until their next window opens. They can still sell, loan out, or release players after their window shuts. There will be plenty of players (some good, some decent, some rank) still on the books of English clubs after their window shuts that are viewed as surplus to requirements and available.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Be interesting to see how Clare / Bozanic works as a pairing tonight. Halkett could work in there. Clare paired with either Cochrane or Irving is likely too lightweight for Premiership games.

Definitely. Still not sure of Bozanic although I appreciate he needs a run in the team. He’s a tidy player, granted. But I don’t know if he fits the creative void we are missing or the holding void. Enough on here has already been stated about Clare. Agree re: Halkett- certainly worth a shot as a DM - presence wise he fits the bill. It would come down to his positional awareness throughout 90 mins. 

YouLetYourClubDie
31 minutes ago, theshed said:

May is useless 

I watched their game against Ross County at the weekend and their current striker Kane looked a lot worse. I would take May over Wighton as a squad player.

GorgieFifeLife

St Johnstone will be a threat to us and challenge us for 4th/5th/6th with options like May and Cummings up front.  Would take both of these at Hearts. May hasn't had the best of times recently but used in the right way will be very good.  Cummings would be a good punt, not got the stats but most of our signings dont.

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

I watched their game against Ross County at the weekend and their current striker Kane looked a lot worse. I would take May over Wighton as a squad player.

Absolutely this.  I think to write off May because he had had a rough time recently is foolish.

Edited by GorgieFifeLife

Famous 1874
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

As a pairing they didn’t stroll the game against Cowdenbeath. If they were our starting league pair then I would be extremely worried. 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

St Johnstone will be a threat to us and challenge us for 4th/5th/6th with options like May and Cummings up front.  Would take both of these at Hearts. May hasn't had the best of times recently but used in the right way will be very good.  Cummings would be a good punt, not got the stats but most of our signings dont.

Really ripping our signings?Halkett in the team of the year,Walker would walk into any team bar Celtic,Washington is an  international striker and Naismith?

But we are on a par with St Johnstone 🤣🤣

YouLetYourClubDie
18 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Maybe we were interested but weren't keen on a loan deal. 

GorgieFifeLife
8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Really ripping our signings?Halkett in the team of the year,Walker would walk into any team bar Celtic,Washington is an  international striker and Naismith?

We always struggle against them and I think they will do well if they have those options up front didn't say we are on a par but could easily be competing with them for same positions. Walker would not get in the Rangers team now. Washington has a poor goal record but hopefully he can come up with good. Not ripping our players just saying I think these players would be good options for us.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

We always struggle against them and I think they will do well if they have those options up front didn't say we are on a par but could easily be competing with them for same positions. Walker would not get in the Rangers team now. Washington has a poor goal record but hopefully he can come up with good. Not ripping our players just saying I think these players would be good options for us.

Reeking of Hibs.

37 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

As i've said before I think that would work, even if, on a temporary basis.

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Always struggle against who?

1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

McNulty to Sunderland reporting as well .

Sunderland :rofl:

What a ****ing disaster of a club.

14 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Washington may be a bit short of goals at club level the last season or 2 but had a good record at Plymouth. Also scored a couple of very important goals at international level. He must be doing something right for Michael O'Neill to show so much confidence in him. 

37 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Not challenge us for third then?

Mr Elwood P

St Johnstone.

Since Levein came in:

P7 W5 D2 L0 GF9 GA3

Where is the struggle?

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The way Levein keeps talking about "cover" for Haring would suggest that a loan deal could be what he is looking at.

2 options bubbling away .... one indeed is a loan I am advised. 

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Washington may be a bit short of goals at club level the last season or 2 but had a good record at Plymouth. Also scored a couple of very important goals at international level. He must be doing something right for Michael O'Neill to show so much confidence in him. 

Yeah he must be doing something right and I just hope it results in him scoring a lot of goals for us. His record doesn't suggest it but records can be broken.

Cruyff Turn
34 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

👍🏼

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Not challenge us for third then?

With the squad as it is at the moment I just cant see us reaching that level.  With a few more good players possibly.

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Since Levein came in:

P7 W5 D2 L0 GF9 GA3

Where is the struggle?

Yeah when I said struggle I didn't really mean just since Levein took over but even in the games we win against them and certainly in the draws they make it very difficult for us.  I do remember a number of bad results in Perth which may have been pre Levein as manager.

With the squad as it is at the moment I just cant see us reaching that level.  With a few more good players possibly.

Who do you predict then? Aberdeen third and St Johnstone, Hibs and Kilmarnock battling it out with us for fourth, fifth and six?

I think we will finish the season in third place.

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Who do you predict then? Aberdeen third and St Johnstone, Hibs and Kilmarnock battling it out with us for fourth, fifth and six?

I think we will finish the season in third place.

I dont see Kilmarnock being involved but us, them, Saints and possibly Motherwell for 4th 5th 6th. Hope you are correct and if we can get more quality in it's entirely possible.

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I dont see Kilmarnock being involved but us, them, Saints and possibly Motherwell for 4th 5th 6th. Hope you are correct and if we can get more quality in it's entirely possible.

Yeah, its all just predictions anyway, and if it was an exact science, then we would all be millionaires. Personally, I think we are already there in terms of battling for third, but if we were to bring in a top quality midfielder, then we could push closer to challenging for second.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, its all just predictions anyway, and if it was an exact science, then we would all be millionaires. Personally, I think we are already there in terms of battling for third, but if we were to bring in a top quality midfielder, then we could push closer to challenging for second.

Keeper,striker and a right winger short for that,3rd we will challenge for 👍

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Morph said:

Do we really have no intentions of getting a quality CM in?  All i see is chat of cover for Haring.  Djoum even though he was lacking in desire was our main man in the middle and i thought replacing him would be an absolute priority.

I don't think any of the young lads or sean clare is an adequate replacement for the hole Djoum leaves, we need at least 1 experienced, good creator in the middle. IMO anyway.

Don’t really need a creator innthe middle in a 4-4-2. Most of the creativity comes from the flanks.

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I'd like to see couple of midfielders and a penalty box striker with instinct for finishing.  Ideally a keeper but sure Bobby will be fine.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Keeper,striker and a right winger short for that,3rd we will challenge for 👍

That's probably closer to reality. :thumbsup:

I think we are stronger than last season with more options and depth. When our first choice eleven were all fit last season we were sweeping teams aside, so if we are luckier with injuries, then I think we will have a good season.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

28 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

St Johnstone.

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Since Levein came in:

P7 W5 D2 L0 GF9 GA3

Where is the struggle?

17 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yeah when I said struggle I didn't really mean just since Levein took over but even in the games we win against them and certainly in the draws they make it very difficult for us.  I do remember a number of bad results in Perth which may have been pre Levein as manager.

Oh GFL. Shitemare City :rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
45 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

You need to research the last couple of seasons 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

You need to research the last couple of seasons 

Yeah didn't mean just last couple of seasons. We regularly struggle in Perth.

Edited by GorgieFifeLife

Dallas Green
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Cummings has scored 2 goals in 31 games in this league. 

May had one good season in this league 5/6 years ago.

Uche scored one more league goal than May last season and did it in 15 fewer matches.

They are no threat to us.

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Oh GFL. Shitemare City :rofl:

I'd say if you follow Hearts away you will remember a lot of trouble we have had with Saints in Perth.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yeah didn't mean just last couple of seasons. We regularly struggle in Perth.

Wouldn't imagine anyone has a better record other than Celtic in the last 2 seasons. Anything prior to that worthless with change in personnel 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

Cummings has scored 2 goals in 31 games in this league. 

May had one good season in this league 5/6 years ago.

Uche scored one more league goal than May last season and did it in 15 fewer matches.

They are no threat to us.

Ok we will soon see I suppose.

AlphonseCapone
23 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Obviously. You expect them to make it easy for us? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A 4-4-2 doesn’t really leave a lot of space for new recruits.

Zlamal

Hickey

Berra

Souttar

Smith

Mulraney

Clare 

Haring

Walker 

Naismith 

Uche / Washington

Don’t think we have any particularly weak players in that squad. Bench of Halkett, White, Morrison, McDonald, Bozanic & MacLean.

Opshuns…

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Obviously. You expect them to make it easy for us? 

No but we rarely win well and comfortably against them. Anyway St Johnstone are just an example of a team whi can challenge us on a much smaller budget by recruiting shrewdly and these two players would do well for them.