• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

The last 50 pages is folk slagging of CL and saying we need a midfielder or two. 

Aye, we Ken. 

...a bit disco
Just now, gedster said:

This guy is no more of a footballer than the Oriam tea lady. Embarrassing we paid money for him and at a time he was injured. A dreadful dreadful footballer

Personally think there's huge confidence issues with the lad.

Shame really.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, mc2607 said:

Last night has just proven that we're not good enough in front of goal. 29 or something shots on goal and only 6 on target? I mean come on... That's poor by any standards but for a team like Hearts playing against a part time team a couple of leagues below?? Horrendous! 

At least we didn't bottle it against Stirling Albion

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Personally think there's huge confidence issues with the lad.

Shame really.

Watched him a few times in the Reserves, equally brutal there too

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The last 50 pages is folk slagging of CL and saying we need a midfielder or two. 

Aye, we Ken. 

I feel partly responsible for creating this entire drivel fest of a thread :(

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

I feel partly responsible for creating this entire drivel fest of a thread :(

Don't, every thread is the same. 

Folk going on about replacing CL is just now how every thread goes now, as posters cannot contain thier hatred and drivel to the one thread that is dedicated to it. 

Portable Badger
23 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Craig Wighton on his way?

Vague rumours circulating.

Not heard any rumours but surely out on loan when fit

rudi must stay

Wighton may go. I think he's finished after the cup final, he did nothing

Edited by rudi must stay

25 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You talk about me coming out with the same old garbage so do you.

CL and his scouting team and links to agents will know who is available that's not my job, I don't know who that might be.

I just know that if we start the league campaign with Clare and Bozanic in central midfield then I think we will struggle. There must be better than them out there within our price bracket.

Anyway some of your pals are getting on to me about not keeping the thread on track so maybe you could assist getting it back on track.

I thought I did when I asked you who we should get but once more you try to side step it.  I know it's not your job - I didn't say it was but you seem to have opinions on everything else so why not have a bash instead of continually moaning.

Who said we are going to start the league campaign with Clare and Bozanic, apart from you?  There's Cochrane, McDonald, Irving and possibly even Halkett in additon to the one (or two?) CL says he is hoping to sign.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I thought I did when I asked you who we should get but once more you try to side step it.  I know it's not your job - I didn't say it was but you seem to have opinions on everything else so why not have a bash instead of continually moaning.

Who said we are going to start the league campaign with Clare and Bozanic, apart from you?  There's Cochrane, McDonald, Irving and possibly even Halkett in additon to the one (or two?) CL says he is hoping to sign.

I have said previously that Mulumbu would be a good signing for us and others have mentioned Adao back on loan which could be good assuming he is available.

Either of these would protect the younger more inexperienced players in the middle.

I said IF we start with Clare and Bozanic. I am perfectly well aware that there are other options and I also think after our lack lustre midfield displays CL will revert to  three in the middle with one of either Walker, Cochrane, Irving and possibly Smith alongside Clare and Bozanic. 

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I have said previously that Mulumbu would be a good signing for us and others have mentioned Adao back on loan which could be good assuming he is available.

Either of these would protect the younger more inexperienced players in the middle.

I said IF we start with Clare and Bozanic. I am perfectly well aware that there are other options and I also think after our lack lustre midfield displays CL will revert to  three in the middle with one of either Walker, Cochrane, Irving and possibly Smith alongside Clare and Bozanic. 

I'm a happy clapper generally, but those options worry me as well. We do need a ballwinner in midfield - without Haring or Naismith we need to bring in someone there or even play Smith there (sad if we do that as he is an outstanding right back/ wing back). I think Adao played the role well too but I fear for him with Scottish "referees"

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You're inventing a situation and starting to worry about it even although you acknowledge there are other options and you know fine well CL is trying to do something about it.

I don't know the situation with Mulumbu but get the feeling that if he was coming here, it would have been done by now.  Re ADAO I would not touch him with a barge pole for the simple reason you cannot guarantee he will stay on the field long enough to make an impact.  Can be a bit reckless IMO.

Leveins Battalion
33 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Wighton may go. I think he's finished after the cup final, he did nothing

Genuinely up there with Kenny Anderson and Juwon in the worst players I've seen in a Hearts shirt 

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Craig Wighton on his way?

Vague rumours circulating.

You at the game last night mate? 

...a bit disco
Just now, Jodami said:

You at the game last night mate? 

Yep.

In my proper seat too.

4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Yep.

In my proper seat too.

Sadly I am in the ERI mate, gall stones! Not brilliant watching it on kickback last night. Sounded like the usual fayre. 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Sadly I am in the ERI mate, gall stones! Not brilliant watching it on kickback last night. Sounded like the usual fayre. 

Get well soon!

Yep. Pretty poor fare tbf. 

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

And 4 off the line clearances and 4 great saves from giving them an absolute doing.

Funny game eh...

The four off the line clearances were all in one incident (as was one of the decent saves) - let's not get carried away, eh?

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Get well soon!

Yep. Pretty poor fare tbf. 

Cheers mate. What are you hearing on Wighton? 

2 hours ago, mc2607 said:

Last night has just proven that we're not good enough in front of goal. 29 or something shots on goal and only 6 on target? I mean come on... That's poor by any standards but for a team like Hearts playing against a part time team a couple of leagues below?? Horrendous! 

It was 9 on target with McLean's header that hit the bar not included.

So about a third of goal attempts on target, seems pretty much the average to me.

43 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I'm a happy clapper generally, but those options worry me as well. We do need a ballwinner in midfield - without Haring or Naismith we need to bring in someone there or even play Smith there (sad if we do that as he is an outstanding right back/ wing back). I think Adao played the role well too but I fear for him with Scottish "referees"

I was meaning C Smith rather than Michael although he could play there I suppose.

I agree also about Adao and the Scottish Refs.

20 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Oh dear very painful, hope watching it took your mind off it.

Speedy recovery.

StevenNaismith

May be very unpopular on here but I’d sell Uche, release Wighton and bring in Lafferty and Cummings. We’d get a fair amount for Uche and we’d get two better players than the ones leaving. Won’t happen though for many different reasons already covered on here.

...a bit disco
35 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Cheers mate. What are you hearing on Wighton? 

Not a lot. Just rumours.

5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

May be very unpopular on here but I’d sell Uche, release Wighton and bring in Lafferty and Cummings. We’d get a fair amount for Uche and we’d get two better players than the ones leaving. Won’t happen though for many different reasons already covered on here.

yeah why have 1 nugget when we could have 2! 

7 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

That might be easier said than done.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I'd bring in Messi and test spur's resolve for  Kane. 

Cumdog and flute boy can do one. Aim high. 

OmiyaHearts
11 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

We'd get a fair amount for Uche if the buyer hasn't seen him play. I agree about selling both - I'd get shot of him and Wighton without a second thought.

However, the ammunition provided to our forward players is usually poor. I kind of feel sorry for whoever ends up playing up front for us.

20 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

We wouldn’t get a lot for Uche at the moment.

Uche needs some serious training on heading a ball.  His two efforts last night were awful.

Overall I am starting to have doubts about him and hope I am proved wrong.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Uche is a bit shit. But he still creates havoc and holes. 

Shighton,  there I have said it,  chronic patter for a chronic fit to our team. 

Maclean Uche Wighton,  none are firing. Maclean at least brings some intelligent play and probably links with Naismith best.

Washington Keena and Naismith our best chance of success in the box 

...a bit disco
13 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Sign them.

Think of the japes, the hilarity, the nicknames.

A front pairing of CumFlute.

29 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Just ask them to buy the club ,then play when they want ...?

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Sign them.

Think of the japes, the hilarity, the nicknames.

A front pairing of CumFlute.

Stuff dreams are made off. 

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Pretty awful that JKB live streamed your kidney stone op tbh. *******s.

Cruyff Turn

If we put Wighton and Keena our on loan, could possibly allow us to bring in another striker, despite what Levein says. 

Levein is making a James Hunt of it by showing his cards too early, saying he is satisfied in the striking department is certainly not the case as far as regards the support. We need a goalscorer and there are two out there available desperate too get a club. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Levein is making a James Hunt of it by showing his cards too early, saying he is satisfied in the striking department is certainly not the case as far as regards the support. We need a goalscorer and there are two out there available desperate too get a club. 

He is only saying he is satisfied as its last chance saloon for him in regards to continuing as Hearts manager,if he came out and said I make 1 good signing every 10 it wouldn't down too well.

3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, we Ken. 

Funny thing is, so does Craig Levein yet still they have a go. It's like some folk think it's the same as going to the shops for a pint of milk.

Desperately need (needed for a few seasons tbh) someone to drive forwards through the middle of the park. We have plenty who will drive it out wide or cut in from out wide but we need someone to control a midfield and drive forward in the centre of park.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Gambo said:

Desperately need (needed for a few seasons tbh) someone to drive forwards through the middle of the park. We have plenty who will drive it out wide or cut in from out wide but we need someone to control a midfield and drive forward in the centre of park.

They believed Clare was/is this that player.

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I think that is an example of good management from him. Build the guys up up front, we are missing chances but not taking them with any conviction either.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, graygo said:

Funny thing is, so does Craig Levein yet still they have a go. It's like some folk think it's the same as going to the shops for a pint of milk.

They really do as well....

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Pretty awful that JKB live streamed your kidney stone op tbh. *******s.

Quiet in the summer Mothy, they need product to cover. More shit on the net with my eyes blanked out though... 

5 hours ago, Old Castle Rock said:

So we still need a natural finisher and centre midfielder and maybe a keeper with maybe 2 or 3 to be loaned out 

Stll over a month until the window closes but get the feeling CL is pussy footing about 

Why would he "pussy foot" around? What does that even mean apart from tell us about your attitude. 

More likely he is waiting to get the best option. 

Edited by Mikey1874

40 minutes ago, graygo said:

To be honest it seems like we have poorly prepared for the start of the season CM wise.

We knew Djoum was unlikely to stay and willing to let Lee and Edwards go, so surely we should have been more proactive ahead of the start of the season. This also gives new players a pre season.

All the comments coming from from the club seemed to be along the lines of let’s wait and see what happens.

If we can pick someone up shortly then great, provided they don’t need time to get up to speed and are ready to slot in.

GorgieFifeLife
53 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If we put Wighton and Keena our on loan, could possibly allow us to bring in another striker, despite what Levein says. 

Keena is the most natural finisher at the club wouldn't let him go anywhere.  Would move out Wighton and Maclean to make space.