***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Would Levein give Cummings a 1 year deal with an extension provision to prove himself?  Who knows?

We certainly need a penalty box striker and he knows the club and the city.  A couple of derby goals would make it all worthwhile.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think a lot of people don't get that Levein is doing a bigger job than managing the first team because that's what his boss wants him to do. That's why Budge thinks he's doing a good job in general. And that's why other managers might have been sacked if being judged on league finishes only.

You can disagree with it but it's true so howling at the moon about it is a bit pointless, especially as the next guy who takes over at the end of this season (either a be careful what you wish for guy noone here's heard of from the English lower leagues or another foreign guy no-on here's heard of who's been a No. 2 at big teams - according to the folk who want Levein replaced now) will very likely reap the benefits of a team with a solid spine and a bunch of very talented youngsters ready to go. We'll find out soon enough.

It's what happens when we do find out that concerns me, Toque. If Hearts have another mediocre season, finishing 5th/6th, poor performances and tactics etc., will anything change?

My guess, based on what's gone before, is that it won't. CL will get a new contract, the defence of him by some on here will get more bizarre, even aggressive, and we'll plough on regardless.

Re your first paragraph, would it be fair to suggest Craig's being over stretched. Perhaps Ann is asking too much of him by spreading him thinly over various tasks. The consensus seems to be that his behind the scenes work, rebuilding the youth policy etc., is going in the right direction but, for me, on the pitch, it isn't. Hasn't been for a while. 

No howling at the moon, bud. Just a belief that Craig should step back and that Ann should appoint a head coach and team with a different approach. No guarantees we'd get that right; there never are. It's also not my job to provide names before the usual suspects pounce and demand alternatives. That would be up to Ann and her team to diligent duly and make that choice. 

As always I hope Hearts succeed this season. I'll happily concede that my misgivings are misplaced if so. 

GorgieRules22
24 minutes ago, bazman said:

Did I miss us getting bought by an Arab billionaire? Otherwise I don't know where people are getting all this money to buy players from

Buy a free transfer ? The wages that we’ve freed up would be enough to bring in Cummings but it’s ok in Leveins world. Personally I wouldn’t trust anyone in the current set up to sign a striker.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

It's what happens when we do find out that concerns me, Toque. If Hearts have another mediocre season, finishing 5th/6th, poor performances and tactics etc., will anything change?

My guess, based on what's gone before, is that it won't. CL will get a new contract, the defence of him by some on here will get more bizarre, even aggressive, and we'll plough on regardless.

Re your first paragraph, would it be fair to suggest Craig's being over stretched. Perhaps Ann is asking too much of him by spreading him thinly over various tasks. The consensus seems to be that his behind the scenes work, rebuilding the youth policy etc., is going in the right direction but, for me, on the pitch, it isn't. Hasn't been for a while. 

No howling at the moon, bud. Just a belief that Craig should step back and that Ann should appoint a head coach and team with a different approach. No guarantees we'd get that right; there never are. It's also not my job to provide names before the usual suspects pounce and demand alternatives. That would be up to Ann and her team to diligent duly and make that choice. 

As always I hope Hearts succeed this season. I'll happily concede that my misgivings are misplaced if so. 

Levein is definitely gone as manager after this season. I hope so personally even if we have a good season. He got a 3 year contract to clean up the Cathro mess he caused and put the club on a more secure footing in terms of the playing side of things. 100% he is off. My money's on Robbo or a promotion from within, including from the current players, as the next poor sod. Maybe an appointment out of the blue like a Michael ONeill decides a nice managerial job at a big club in his home city is his next best move. 

Auld Reekin'
28 minutes ago, bazman said:

Did I miss us getting bought by an Arab billionaire? Otherwise I don't know where people are getting all this money to buy players from

Meet mega-rich, South Moroccan, dot-com entrepreneur Mustapha Beegwad and his supermodel wife, Layla:

435758-orig.jpg

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein is definitely gone as manager after this season. I hope so personally even if we have a good season. He got a 3 year contract to clean up the Cathro mess he caused and put the club on a more secure footing in terms of the playing side of things. 100% he is off. My money's on Robbo or a promotion from within, including from the current players, as the next poor sod. Maybe an appointment out of the blue like a Michael ONeill decides a nice managerial job at a big club in his home city is his next best move. 

Fair enough, bud. The latter would do me nicely. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

My hope would be O'Neill provided he shares a mind on youth development. 

I think its to be a core component of our club, therefore its imperative that incoming managers know coming into the job that its an expectation that we will see academy grads in the first team. We also can't go from JJ to Paulo Sergio footballing philosophies every season. It needs consistency, and again, the way we play must be dictated by the academy. 

The positive is, that unlike when Cathro took over, we have kids that can actually cut the mustard (based on what we've saw so far). So, any incoming manager couldn't justify not using the youngsters. 

Its a vetting process that should have already begun IMO, getting the right guy in is so ****ing crucial to our success. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, OTT said:

I think its to be a core component of our club, therefore its imperative that incoming managers know coming into the job that its an expectation that we will see academy grads in the first team. We also can't go from JJ to Paulo Sergio footballing philosophies every season. It needs consistency, and again, the way we play must be dictated by the academy. 

The positive is, that unlike when Cathro took over, we have kids that can actually cut the mustard (based on what we've saw so far). So, any incoming manager couldn't justify not using the youngsters. 

Its a vetting process that should have already begun IMO, getting the right guy in is so ****ing crucial to our success. 

If ONeill is settled in Edinburgh I feel he's a Hearts manager in waiting. Still young and currently doing well at the top for more money so could wait a while.

AlphonseCapone
27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Would Levein give Cummings a 1 year deal with an extension provision to prove himself?  Who knows?

We certainly need a penalty box striker and he knows the club and the city.  A couple of derby goals would make it all worthwhile.

I know the club and the city and I've only scored 10 less goals than him in the last 3 years. 

On 24/07/2019 at 09:55, RS86 said:

Sion still. Been injured pretty much since he left us and had another knee surgery

So what's holding us back from signing him then?

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

So what's holding us back from signing him then?

He wasn't very good and was a liability.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Cummins is the answer only Levein and dafties cannot see that.

Wibbles is the wibble and only Levein and the dafties cannot wibble.

Portable Badger
41 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Meet mega-rich, South Moroccan, dot-com entrepreneur Mustapha Beegwad and his supermodel wife, Layla:

435758-orig.jpg

She's a wee Honey !

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, OTT said:

ONeill manager, McPhee assistant, Levein DoF - quality.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

WTF has this got to do with summer transfers?

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Jason '10 goals in 3 seasons' Cummings... Aye prolific... Folk have no grasp on reality on here. 

Yip. 20 plus pages on that wee basteward!

Who are these “Hearts” supporters wishing that he signs for us?

STFU already!!!

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I've been touting Michael O'Neill for the post come next season on here for the last year to various levels of deriision. Still think its a reasonable bet.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

WTF has this got to do with summer transfers?

All part of an exchange of posts on the previous page. 

And I suggested you pro-Levein lads could be aggressive. I called that one wrong, eh? 

39 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I've been touting Michael O'Neill for the post come next season on here for the last year to various levels of deriision. Still think its a reasonable bet.

Far too expensive for us unless he were to take a huge drop in pay.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I know, but we're talking next season, and would depend how NI are doing, how he's feeling about the job etc. Still a long shot but 12 months is a long time in football

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Buy a free transfer ? The wages that we’ve freed up would be enough to bring in Cummings but it’s ok in Leveins world. Personally I wouldn’t trust anyone in the current set up to sign a striker.

Who would you trust to sign a striker in a prior Hearts set up in the last say 25 years?

A set up that signed Sow? De Vries? Fuller? Lafferty?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I thought the same about Lennon, Clarke and Rodgers going to Hibs, Killie and Celtic. Even though they were unemployed I assume they’d been on massive wages in previous jobs. If oneill is out of work and wants to be a club manager again and stay in Edinburgh and is happy with a top 4 Scotland manager salary why wouldn’t he consider us?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
53 minutes ago, HMFC92 said:

Cummings joining would make sense and for that reason won’t happen 

Hearts fans dripping wet for Cummings. Cringe.

Do people honestly think Michael O’Neill will fancy his next move to be to a mid table SPL side?

Apart from anything else he would be way out our price range. 

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

This. It’s inexplicable. Common sense apparently thrown out of the window. Perspective too. I really have no idea who this goal machine they’re describing is, but Cummings certainly ain’t it. Why they keep touting him as such though only they will know.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

10 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Except you don't know how much we have freed up or how much Cummings would be offered .

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm not convinced by any of our strikers, Dave.

I don't include Naismith in that statement.

Yip, most would be here tbh. 

Walker will add goals and assists. 

Uche, less and less convinced, he can be an effective player, but his finishing is poor. Moves also break down too frequently with him. 

Washingston looks a decent player, good runs and clever touches, but again goals? At least he's getting chances tho. 

Maclean, never looks like scoring, despite his good work outside the box, he never looks like actually scoring. 

Keena, still time for him, but we need someone to score goals now. 

I'd take cummings, just like I'd have taken Shankland, he's a penalty box striker and although he's only played a handful of games at our top level, he proved for Hibs in the cup he can score v top teams, when I've seen him live, he's always looked dangerous. 

Do any of our strikers look dangerous, or give you that feeling they can score at any time? The type of player that does **** all for 60 minutes, but scores. I don't think we do, cummings in a front 2 or from the bench at times would be a good option for us and like Shankland, I think he would score goals. 

Many teams only play 1 up front, and given Scottish footballs limited money I believe that plays a part in why guys like cummings and Shankland are overlooked as thier all round game isn't that great. 

Lafferty, given the money he is likely wanting is a no from me, if he'd take £2k or the likes, again he's a good option. 

His all round game is pretty poor, I wouldn't give him the money that he Likley would want, tho. 

I'd try and move out Maclean and/ or loan out Keena and sign cummings. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Enjoys the hospitality and could get an affordable taxi home. 

11 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Jason '10 goals in 3 seasons' Cummings... Aye prolific... Folk have no grasp on reality on here. 

42 goals in 3 seasons. I can understand some fans might not want to sign him because of the Hibs connection but making up stats isn't helpful.

Get the midfield sorted if there is any dough left then think about another striker but please just get the midfielders in.

Colonel Kurtz
4 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Do people honestly think Michael O’Neill will fancy his next move to be to a mid table SPL side?

Apart from anything else he would be way out our price range. 

.yes he would

He could walk to tynecastle

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

.yes he would

He could walk to tynecastle

Don't think travel costs concern these guys... 😊

Leveins Battalion
5 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

If anything it's an indictment of how shite things are.

Leveins Battalion

Craig and the rest of the coaching team have had more than enough time to source and contact players yet here we are a week before the season starts with no centre midfielders at the club,yes people can come back with Cochrane etc,Clare coming in but they are not good enough just yet.Its turning into a complete shambles.

Cummings will 100% not be at hearts as long as Levein has anything to do with the club and that came from Levein direct. 

2 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

Cummings will 100% not be at hearts as long as Levein has anything to do with the club and that came from Levein direct. 

I’d rather we had Cummings at hearts than Levein ....

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

And i for one am 100% pleased to hear thst. Wee scrote. 

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

And i for one am 100% pleased to hear thst. Wee scrote. 

Almost the exact same words Levein said to me when I asked. 😂😂

AlphonseCapone
35 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

42 goals in 3 seasons. I can understand some fans might not want to sign him because of the Hibs connection but making up stats isn't helpful.

Not according to this, 10 goals since leaving Hibs (6 for Peterborough which you can't see in the shot). That's before we even get into the fact he scored most of his goals in the lower leagues. Embarrassing the way folk are turning him into some goal machine. 

Screenshot_20190726_083303_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Mr Elwood P
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

What makes you so sure that Levein is off at the end of this season?

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not according to this, 10 goals since leaving Hibs (6 for Peterborough which you can't see in the shot). That's before we even get into the fact he scored most of his goals in the lower leagues. Embarrassing the way folk are turning him into some goal machine. 

Screenshot_20190726_083303_com.android.chrome.jpg

Wikipedia only shows league goals scored. He scored a cup hatrick in one game for Rangers, I believe.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Wikipedia only shows league goals scored. He scored a cup hatrick in one game for Rangers, I believe.

Ah you're correct. And his hat trick was against.... Falkirk, more lower league opposition. 

Tbh I don't even care that the guy played for Hibs or he's a bit of a radge, I just don't think he's the goalscorer folk are making out and I don't think he's therefore the answer. But some folk are acting like the boy just scores goals at will and as per usual turning it into Levein is an arsehole for turning him down thing. 

7 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

Almost the exact same words Levein said to me when I asked. 😂😂

If this is actually true it shows you Levein also lacks class. He’s meant to be a professional football manager so referring to another professional as a ‘wee scrote’ To joe public is pretty crass. 

The Apprentice
5 minutes ago, Markymark said:

If this is actually true it shows you Levein also lacks class. He’s meant to be a professional football manager so referring to another professional as a ‘wee scrote’ To joe public is pretty crass. 

FFS. Read the post again. It was the poster who callled him a wee scrote after saying Levein said he wouldn’t sign him. 

19 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

Thanks. 

Can we park this now or is it a "Charlie Adam' type signing?

(Not aimed at you BTW)

Cummings just isn’t very good.

He has proved this everywhere he has been since Hibs and even at Hibs I thought he was over-hyped.

Would rather not sign him.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Markymark said:

😂😂