***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Alex Kintner

Hibs have only beaten St Johnstone once in six matches since returning to the SPL. I suspect that’s where the confusion is coming from :whistling:

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yeah didn't mean just last couple of seasons. We regularly struggle in Perth.

We haven’t lost in Perth since 2017? You’ve dug yourself a big pit of nonsense and nobody is going to drop down the rope ladder to let you back out! 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Hibs have only beaten St Johnstone once in six matches since returning to the SPL. I suspect that’s where the confusion is coming from :whistling:

God this place is great. Your another who cant take a different point of view without coming out with that old line. It's the ones on here that keep spouting this nonsense who need cleared out.

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We haven’t lost in Perth since 2017? You’ve dug yourself a big pit of nonsense and nobody is going to drop down the rope ladder to let you back out! 

It must be longer than that since we struggled down there then but anybody who has been down there will remember. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

God this place is great. Your another who cant take a different point of view without coming out with that old line. It's the ones on here that keep spouting this nonsense who need cleared out.

Yes but your opinion is dug meat.

hearts 4 the cup
40 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yeah he must be doing something right and I just hope it results in him scoring a lot of goals for us. His record doesn't suggest it but records can be broken.

But neither does Cummings record suggest loads of goals but you want us to sign him? Bizarre logic

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

St Johnstone will be a threat to us and challenge us for 4th/5th/6th with options like May and Cummings up front.  Would take both of these at Hearts. May hasn't had the best of times recently but used in the right way will be very good.  Cummings would be a good punt, not got the stats but most of our signings dont.

Stevie May scored 2 premier League goals last year. Our captain, a central defender scored more.

Cummings could score a few but is really untested in SPL. 

Of the two I’d take a chance on Cummings but May looks a shadow of the player he was 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

But neither does Cummings record suggest loads of goals but you want us to sign him? Bizarre logic

I think he has more of an eye for a goal than Washington but just need to see how it plays out with Washinngton I suppose. He has a more all round game than  Cummings for sure.

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Stevie May scored 2 premier League goals last year. Our captain, a central defender scored more.

Cummings could score a few but is really untested in SPL. 

Of the two I’d take a chance on Cummings but May looks a shadow of the player he was 

He certainly does look a shadow but I think someone will get a tune out of him and if he starts scoring will go on a run.

YouLetYourClubDie

Absolutely this.  I think to write off May because he had had a rough time recently is foolish.

Some clubs just suit certain players so wouldn't surprise me if May can rediscover some of his old form at Saints.

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Kyle Lafferty contract terminated by mutual consent.

He's seven foot and Gerrard gave him the boot!

GorgieFifeLife
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yes but your opinion is dug meat.

So is yours. Do you see how this works now?........nah thought not.

hearts 4 the cup
2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I think he has more of an eye for a goal than Washington but just need to see how it plays out with Washinngton I suppose. He has a more all round game than  Cummings for sure.

Definitely agree about the all round game but in honesty I’ve not seen much of Washington yet. But I’ve seen plenty of Cummings to know he’s torture and the fact Washington is a current international tells me he has a lot more to his game than goals

Auldreekie1874

We always struggle against them and I think they will do well if they have those options up front didn't say we are on a par but could easily be competing with them for same positions. Walker would not get in the Rangers team now. Washington has a poor goal record but hopefully he can come up with good. Not ripping our players just saying I think these players would be good options for us.

Cummings at Peterborough

22 apps, 6 goals

Washington at Peterborough

82 apps, 27goals

Poor?

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I would quit while you're ahead

That's several posters who have been able to tear apart your "argument". I don't think you watch hearts that much or are that interested because the amount of inaccurate facts you've posted In the last few pages is quite staggering

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Cummings at Peterborough

22 apps, 6 goals

82 apps, 27goals

Poor?

Both of these stats are poor for a striker.  I'm not advocating Cummings over Washington. We need a natural finisher. Washington isn't one. Cummings may be although his record down south isn't great he may be worth a punt if cheap.

TweedbankJambo
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

That's several posters who have been able to tear apart your "argument". I don't think you watch hearts that much or are that interested because the amount of inaccurate facts you've posted In the last few pages is quite staggering

You forgot a full stop. Poor show. 

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Cummings at Peterborough

22 apps, 6 goals

82 apps, 27goals

Poor?

Both of these stats are poor for a striker.  I'm not advocating Cummings over Washington. We need a natural finisher. Washington isn't one. Cummings may be although his record down south isn't great he may be worth a punt if cheap.

26 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yeah didn't mean just last couple of seasons. We regularly struggle in Perth.

giphy.gif

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I haven't posted any facts just opinion. I see no tearing just people who cant stomach a different opinion.  I'd wager I've seen a lot more  of Hearts than you. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Cummings at Peterborough

22 apps, 6 goals

82 apps, 27goals

Poor?

Jason Cummings could make a surprising return to Scottish football with St Johnstone, according to the Evening Telegraph.

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

It must be longer than that since we struggled down there then but anybody who has been down there will remember. 

Well, Perth is up from Edinburgh & Fife

now down? Not having much luck here.

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well, Perth is up from Edinburgh & Fife

now down? Not having much luck here.

Just an expression smart arse.

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, TweedbankJambo said:

You forgot a full stop. Poor show. 

I'm a disgusting failure I know. (full stop now :()

38 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Keeper,striker and a right winger short for that,3rd we will challenge for 👍

Keeper - yes

Right Winger - possibly - Morrison played ok but doesn’t attack the byline , Clare is not a RW , but if we play with one tucked in slightly then Smith can hit the byline and get crosses in.

Striker - we have lots of options hopefully it will not require anyone to come in.

Keeper is definitely a concern to me as Zlamal has rashness in him and makes some poor decisions. I’d say he will save us a few points a season but also hand a few points away. We have been spoiled over the years Craig Gordon prob earned is 8-10 points a season , Niemi etc all the same and that is vital imo.

Rangers cruised to second last year partly due to Morelos’s goals but also McGregor saved them a lot of points even our 3-1 defeat there without him it could very easily have been 2-2 inside 15mins. 

Laffertys a ***** yes, but could be the 10 goals of a difference that see a 4th place finish over the expected 5/6th.

Edited by VALDOS'

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

A goal on average every 3 games is maybe not Ronaldo levels, but it's not too bad a record in a decent league

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I haven't posted any facts just opinion. I see no tearing just people who cant stomach a different opinion.  I'd wager I've seen a lot more  of Hearts than you. 

What you've done is make a point and say "this is fact" - saying things like "these are poor stats for strikers", "St Johnstone are on par with us" - opinion is one thing but when you come out with utter drivel like what you have been, be prepared to have your guff spun around.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Jason Cummings could make a surprising return to Scottish football with St Johnstone, according to the Evening Telegraph.

Surprising? Limited striker fails down south after walking over Championship in Scotland , after bouncing about in England no one wants him and he heads back North to try and re-establish a limited career.

Reminds me of Tony Watt

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Keeper - yes

Right Winger - possibly - Morrison played ok but doesn’t attack the byline , Clare is not a RW , but if we play with one tucked in slightly then Smith can hit the byline and get crosses in.

Striker - we have lots of options hopefully it will not require anyone to come in.

Keeper is definitely a concern to me as Zlamal has rashness in him and makes some poor decisions. I’d say he will save us a few points a season but also hand a few points away. We have been spoiled over the years Craig Gordon prob earned is 8-10 points a season , Niemi etc all the same and that is vital imo.

Rangers cruised to second last year partly due to Morelos’s goals but also McGregor saved them a lot of points even our 3-1 defeat there without him it could very easily have been 2-2 inside 15mins. 

Keeper isn't happening, according to Levein

Winger, we are doing okay there, Mulraney and McDonald but one more wouldn't hurt

Striker: we are doing okay, Lafferty has just been released...could be a good option off the bench

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Surprising? Limited striker fails down south after walking over Championship in Scotland , after bouncing about in England no one wants him and he heads back North to try and re-establish a limited career.

Reminds me of Tony Watt

Well St Johnstone gave him another chance as well. They may well be looking at trying to get Stevie May back as well.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Winger, we are doing okay there, Mulraney and McDonald but one more wouldn't hurt

Striker: we are doing okay, Lafferty has just been released...could be a good option off the bench

I would really hope we don't bring Lafferty back. Not sure he is a good influence on the young players we have  and may well want too much money.

Anyway the signs are he is off to Thailand.

4 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

He's a ***** yes, but could be the 10 goals of a difference that see a 4th place finish over the expected 5/6th.

Expected 5/6th?

last season - we dropped roughly 13points between bad keeping , stupid mistakes and plain bad luck/incompetent refereeing.

add those in we’d of been 3/4th at worse so add a few extra goals and you are lookimg ar challenging for 2nd.

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Just an expression smart arse.

Maybe in Fife it is! In Edinburgh you’d be going up to Perth or Aberdeen and you’d be going down to Berwick or Queen of the South. 

Just now, sadj said:

Expected 5/6th?

last season - we dropped roughly 13points between bad keeping , stupid mistakes and plain bad luck/incompetent refereeing.

add those in we’d of been 3/4th at worse so add a few extra goals and you are lookimg ar challenging for 2nd.

The last 2 seasons folk on here have been suggesting a 2nd/3rd place finish, some even thinking winning the league was on the cards. I stuck by my observation of the squad and said a European spot would be out of reach, at this point, I have not seen anything to change my mind 

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Striker - How dare you suggest Laff , i thought you were better than that 😤 , tbf he could have been but i think he’s too much hassle for any potential return and disruption. 

No i don’t think we will bring in a keeper this year but work with what we have , I just think its so vital and we lack there. 

Winger 👍🏻

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Well St Johnstone gave him another chance as well. They may well be looking at trying to get Stevie May back as well.

And it worked for 4games then didn’t and Watt is the better player. People clambering for Cummings to come to us need to look at it objectively. He has done nothing so far of any note , if he’d scored 15 in 6months at Rangers yes but 2 doesn’t suggest he will be a success in the Premiership.

29 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

He certainly does look a shadow but I think someone will get a tune out of him and if he starts scoring will go on a run.

Connor Sammon springs to mind. No from me. Zanatta, Keena or even MacDonald just as likely to go on a run. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Maybe in Fife it is! In Edinburgh you’d be going up to Perth or Aberdeen and you’d be going down to Berwick or Queen of the South. 

Take a day off.

Saint Jambo

Hopefully still some transfer action to come. Hopefully we can also go back to seperate threads for different rumours soon too. Having to wade through all the off topic nonsense to check whether anything relevant has been merged into this topic is a total pain.

Sexton Hardcastle

Lafferty abandoned ship for his bigoted pals. **** him. Especially after all the club did for him.

Rather pay the wages of some youth players than give him money to spunk up the wall again. 

14 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Lafferty abandoned ship for his bigoted pals. **** him. Especially after all the club did for him.

Rather pay the wages of some youth players than give him money to spunk up the wall again. 

Don't think he did that much wrong tbh, he was happy to stay at hearts but made no secret about being a rangers fan and that is a suitable offer was made he would like to go. Rangers, for once, made a suitable bid so we sold him, both parties were happy.

I think Levein was happy for him to go due to the baggage and the fact we made a good profit on a player that cost us nothing.

Not saying I want him back either

Absolute Scenes
38 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would really hope we don't bring Lafferty back. Not sure he is a good influence on the young players we have  and may well want too much money.

Anyway the signs are he is off to Thailand.

Aw hell that is the last place he should be going!! Its one thing gambling with money, its another thing gambling whether he's just bought "companionship" with a guy or girl

Selkirkhmfc1874
28 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Here ! Here !