***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

You know as well as I do that people on here say things without any evidence to back it up. 

In addition to the above, I asked a poster to elaborate, and he did so eloquently.

So I'll ask you. Have you an opinion on the lad ? 

Tall, a physical unit, clumsy, very limited technically, inconsistent, a one good game in 10 player. Made a minor name for himself by scoring twice against Rangers and an important goal vs Inverness in the cup. I don't see what qualities he offers at all. 

I have worked with 2 Dens season ticket holders for years so as well as tending to watch whatever Scottish football is on speaking to them neither of them rated him and were of the opinion that he developed little at Dundee despite being tried in a number of roles. 

Unless someone can obviously contribute quality we shouldn't be signing them. Our coaching staff should be coming up with solutions to resolve the current situation not sticking plaster signings. All that does is exacerbate the size of squad issue we already have. 

Edited by Jodami

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

49 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Surprised some posters are talking in terms of Olly Lee leaving without HMFC getting a transfer fee. He is still under contract.

Like Ryan Edwards, CL has indicated he cannot be guaranteed a starting position & it was reported by CL that we got a decent fee for Edwards.

I appreciate Olly Lee is leaving mainly for family/personal reasons, but he just cannot up sticks & go at his leisure.

He can if the club agree to terminate his contract.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Thanks for that, Jodami. 

👍

Sorry Jonno I was over the top mate and I apologise. I suppose I'm the same as us all atm, determined to stop short term fixes and looking for us to show signs of genuinely rebuilding the team tactically. Better players can help with that but it's about being patient just now. 

Edited by Jodami

9 hours ago, iainmac said:

We could but only until the next random "could do a job" name gets chucked into the thread then the under 7 team can all chase that ball. 😎 

Hey! You were right 👍

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Nothing to apologise for, Jodami.

I can be too flippant for my own good sometimes.

Feel the same as you regarding the team and the way forward.

Cheers mate, glad we are coming from the same place. 

Edited by Jodami

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

We should be going for Greg Docherty from rangers. 

Couldn't afford his wages 

11 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

We should be going for Greg Docherty from rangers. 

Could have got him six months ago but not now. Gerrard has been impressed since he returned. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yep. He got canned by Levein towards the end of last season and of course, lost his no.8 jersey. 

On the POTY thread in May my Bro was there and Lee made his feelings clear re Levein. Didn’t even try to hide it as well. 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could have got him six months ago but not now. Gerrard has been impressed since he returned. 

Think he will leave before the window slams shut 

3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

On the POTY thread in May my Bro was there and Lee made his feelings clear re Levein. Didn’t even try to hide it as well. 

I knew someone had posted that on here but didn't realise it was you. 

portobellojambo1
9 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

So there is maybe a little more to his potential departure than the story doing the rounds which was suggesting that his Mrs hadn't settled in Edinburgh and was looking to get closer to her family.

Edited by portobellojambo1

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Tall, a physical unit, clumsy, very limited technically, inconsistent, a one good game in 10 player. Made a minor name for himself by scoring twice against Rangers and an important goal vs Inverness in the cup. I don't see what qualities he offers at all. 

I have worked with 2 Dens season ticket holders for years so as well as tending to watch whatever Scottish football is on speaking to them neither of them rated him and were of the opinion that he developed little at Dundee despite being tried in a number of roles. 

Unless someone can obviously contribute quality we shouldn't be signing them. Our coaching staff should be coming up with solutions to resolve the current situation not sticking plaster signings. All that does is exacerbate the size of squad issue we already have. 

You've just summed up Craig Wighton 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, tolcross lad said:

Downing tools springs to mind again.The player becomes no use to the team causes issues in the dressing room and meantime collects his wages.I agree with your sentiments but this whole business seems a minefield to me.At the very top paying a player £300000 a week who has down tooled is also commercial madness.This applies all the way down the line.

Olly Lee is looking to leave Hearts on good terms and if he wants a payoff I've no doubt Hearts would tell him they want a fee (they might well be looking for one) which will make it harder to find a club and get a favourable contract. Players that down tools tend to be unhappy at the club and have, most likely, already been tapped up. I expect that if Lee doesn't get a new club he will give his all to get a place in the first team in the hope he can attract suitors rather than take the huff and make himself unmarketable. Besides, I get the impression he's a decent guy and knows Hearts are being decent with him by allowing him to find a new club that suits him and his family. I'll be unpleasantly surprised if we find out it's cost Hearts money to accomodate his desire to move south for the sake of his family.

Cruyff Turn
17 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Interesting, I’ve never heard this, can you re-call what was said? 

He fell out with his manager at Luton on a few occasions as well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Seem to recall one of Lee's previous gaffers telling the Evening News that Lee took a hufflepuff from time to time when he first arrived 

18 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You've just summed up Craig Wighton 

Come on Kimo, Wighton a physical unit, maybe in schoolboy football. 

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Come on Kimo, Wighton a physical unit, maybe in schoolboy football. 

Oh aye i forgot about that 🙄 

A fat craig Wighton then 🤪

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

A different place is still far from the Champions League. Improvement is what we are looking for and that I am sure is doable. 

I think we should be expecting a different place,  Europe 

I'm not sure you're allowed to want improvements, as that would be seen as a criticism of our current situation. And as you well know, our current situation is all rosey and wonderful.

:tlj:

Edited by innerjambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I'm not sure you're allowed to want improvements, as that would be seen as a criticism of our current situation. And as you well know, our current situation is all rosey and wonderful.

:tlj:

Understood 

:gok:

We 

3 hours ago, 2205ian said:

Surprised some posters are talking in terms of Olly Lee leaving without HMFC getting a transfer fee. He is still under contract.

Like Ryan Edwards, CL has indicated he cannot be guaranteed a starting position & it was reported by CL that we got a decent fee for Edwards.

I appreciate Olly Lee is leaving mainly for family/personal reasons, but he just cannot up sticks & go at his leisure.

We didn’t get a fee for Edwards. We for a selling on % 

55 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Interesting, I’ve never heard this, can you re-call what was said? 

He fell out with his manager at Luton on a few occasions as well. 

Crux of it was that he disagreed with team tactics and selection.  Didn’t think highly of our manager essentially 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What makes you so sure that Levein is off at the end of this season?

Last year of a 3 year contract and didn't want the job in the first place. 

Eddie The Eagle
2 hours ago, biffy said:

Has Levein not said he’s looking for a holding midfielder? O’Hara isn’t that 

👀

Captain America
On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 23:07, Saint Jambo said:

My memory is Lafferty often struggled against "lesser" teams. More likely to score against Celtic than St Mirren. There is also the purple patch issue. His stats for us were great. But he hasn't had stats anything like that at many other times in his career. It is the reason many are saying they wouldn't be interested in May for instance. 

Lafferty scored against 9 out of the other 11 teams in the league. He only didn't score against Aberdeen & Kilmarnock.

Also scored 4 goals in league cup group stages.

Might have been purple patch or might have been it just works for him with us.

The longer our strikers go without scoring this season, the more people will look at Lafferty more fondly.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Oh aye i forgot about that 🙄 

A fat craig Wighton then 🤪

He'd need to be injured as well...

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Won't be long now until news is released or is leaked !!

Define "Won't be long".

Tonight?

31 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Crux of it was that he disagreed with team tactics and selection.  Didn’t think highly of our manager essentially 

Player not playing in unhappiness shock

It seems that anything that happens or is supposed to have happened is all the managers fault...…...fed by posters with an agenda who simply add to the confusion but contribute little

tolcross lad
1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Olly Lee is looking to leave Hearts on good terms and if he wants a payoff I've no doubt Hearts would tell him they want a fee (they might well be looking for one) which will make it harder to find a club and get a favourable contract. Players that down tools tend to be unhappy at the club and have, most likely, already been tapped up. I expect that if Lee doesn't get a new club he will give his all to get a place in the first team in the hope he can attract suitors rather than take the huff and make himself unmarketable. Besides, I get the impression he's a decent guy and knows Hearts are being decent with him by allowing him to find a new club that suits him and his family. I'll be unpleasantly surprised if we find out it's cost Hearts money to accomodate his desire to move south for the sake of his family.

I was not particularily referring to Lee in my post.It was in response to the concept that clubs can play hardball.There are always consequences.I dont think in Lees case its all a sweetie like as you think.

Loic Damour seemingly signing. Came from twitter so probably a lot of shite 

Edited by the_jailer

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Define "Won't be long".

Tonight?

I can say it won't be tonight

I can say it won't be me that leaks it

I can say that arrangements are being made

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Incoming or out going?

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

:thumbsup: 

Was it just leaked in the post above yours?

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Spit it out man for FFS 

We've had nothing for weeks 

Rocky jamboa

Mark o'hara would be a bit of an underwhelming signing and not really the midfield playmaker we need or are hoping for. 

Can see another season of mediocrity with the signings we've made and guys we're being linked with. Disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

:thumbsup: 

Was it just leaked in the post above yours?

It better not have been leaked..if so it's not from me

Incoming not outgoing

Managers, players, friends and agents all talk

Others have to make all the arrangements for all those concerned

Never Let Them Forget
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It better not have been leaked..if so it's not from me

Incoming not outgoing

Managers, players, friends and agents all talk

Others have to make all the arrangements for all those concerned

Is it a signing to get excited about?

25 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Player not playing in unhappiness shock

It seems that anything that happens or is supposed to have happened is all the managers fault...…...fed by posters with an agenda who simply add to the confusion but contribute little

Hope you are not referring to me. 

I could say say so much more what was said on that night but I am only posting as it refers to Lee. Also if anyone wants to check I posted this in May. 

I have no no agenda against the manager either 

27 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Loic Damour seemingly signing. Came from twitter so probably a lot of shite 

Any damour info mate?

Mr Elwood P
49 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Last year of a 3 year contract and didn't want the job in the first place. 

That means nothing. He has come close to success in the Scottish Cup, no way he will walk away from Hearts without achieving something tangible. I for one hope he can go one better this season.

Cruyff Turn

Looks like CJGJ isn’t going to tell us.

We’ll have to do this the old fashioned way.....

Does he wear glasses? 

Damour (following quick google

search) Cardiff most recently, sitting central midfielder who likes to drive forward. Never really held down a place but seemed popular enough despite this. Lost his place to Bryson at one stage then clearly out his depth when C went up to the EPL

Cruyff Turn

That Damour boy has less caps than oor Maulary at French International youth level, so he must be shite. 🤷‍♂️

CloustonHMFC
11 hours ago, sadj said:

Its just how it is sometimes. Footballers are very well protected getting rid of one who wants to leave can still be an expensive business

Do you seriously think we paid off Vanecek, Edwards, Godinho and most probably Lee?

i doubt that very much and reckon there was an agreement that if they wanted to leave they could but they wouldn’t be getting any payoff. Bearing in mind that we weren’t particularly bothered about getting rid of any of them, just that their game time would be limited. There’s no danger we’re letting all 3 leave while paying up the rest of their contracts. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That means nothing. He has come close to success in the Scottish Cup, no way he will walk away from Hearts without achieving something tangible. I for one hope he can go one better this season.

Me too

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Do you seriously think we paid off Vanecek, Edwards, Godinho and most probably Lee?

i doubt that very much and reckon there was an agreement that if they wanted to leave they could but they wouldn’t be getting any payoff. Bearing in mind that we weren’t particularly bothered about getting rid of any of them, just that their game time would be limited. There’s no danger we’re letting all 3 leave while paying up the rest of their contracts. 

Not sure we paid them in off in full but we would certainly come to some kind of agreement. If for say Edwards signs for BA on £20k less a year then we make that up for the remainder of his previous Hearts contract. Not saying this happened here but it’s fairly standard 

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Be a bellend all ya want , no point engaging with you obviously. I have enough knowledge of football to tell ya its unlikely if he leaves we will have his full wage left for the season towards another player. Go argue with yourself though. I’m out.

Let's put it like this.

Why should Hearts have to compensate a player who wants out of his contract ?

If anything it should be the other way round.