***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

The Treasurer
43 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

The point is if we’re conceding goals to teams with a fraction of the quality of teams we’ll be facing in the league(breakaway or not) then it doesn’t bode well at all! It feels like we’re sleepwalking into the same problems and mediocrity as last season. 

The defence wasn't a major problem last season, I don't see anything so far to suggest that has changed.

If anything with the signing of Halkett and the emergence of Hickey, we are stronger than last season.

The goalkeeping positions are a concern, but unless a better goalkeeper becomes available, I think other areas need work/reinforcements ahead of the defence

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Cut The Crap
10 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

This is what gets me. The keeper had a great game and on any other day it could have almost been double figures score wise. 

We seem to say his type of thing after a lot of our games. I wonder why so many keepers seem to have their best games against our strikers.

David McCaig
13 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

This is what gets me. The keeper had a great game and on any other day it coulf have almost been double figures score wise. 

The Stenhousemuir keeper didn't do anything you wouldn't expect a goalkeeoer to do!!

I really do hope Craig is bluffing when he says that all we need is cover for Haring. For me we really really need to add more in attack. A penalty box striker and a creative midfielder would do us the world of good imo

My worry now is that we're going into our first league game at Pittodrie and any players we do bring in including Naismith could well be rusty for that game and it could take a few weeks for us to be firing on all cylinders. Start this season poorly and the crowd will not be forgiving 

Edited by BigAlim

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

We seem to say his type of thing after a lot of our games. I wonder why so many keepers seem to have their best games against our strikers.

I mean there's agendas then there is this :lol:

All 3 goalkeepers we have faced in the League Cup have had brilliant games. To try and somehow put that down to our strikers is utterly laughable. If it weren't for these performances, we'd be in double figure goal difference.

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

I really do hope Craig is bluffing when he says that all we need is cover for Haring. For me we really really need to add more in attack. A penalty box striker and a creative midfielder would do us the world of good imo

It's going to be just like last season all over again so reliant on Naismith. Once he gets injured we will struggle we have no craft or creativity in midfield and more importantly for this league no bottle. Too many lightweight players in there, Bozanic, Clare, Walker etc. I feel sorry for the young guys coming in to the team they need people round about them with experience and a bit of dig but CL is in no hurry to sign anyone.

Craig Halkett must be our top scorer so far and he will not play in favoutr of Berra most weeks unless he goes with a back three.

BobbyJenkins
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's going to be just like last season all over again so reliant on Naismith. Once he gets injured we will struggle we have no craft or creativity in midfield and more importantly for this league no bottle. Too many lightweight players in there, Bozanic, Clare, Walker etc. I feel sorry for the young guys coming in to the team they need people round about them with experience and a bit of dig but CL is in no hurry to sign anyone.

Craig Halkett must be our top scorer so far and he will not play in favoutr of Berra most weeks unless he goes with a back three.

You're a clairvoyant eh!? lol

You're such a drama queen. Why don't you stop skooshing your knickers and wait until we actually finish building the squad?

He will get at least one midfielder in. Then maybe give the team a chance ffs.

3 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

You're a clairvoyant eh!? lol

You're such a drama queen. Why don't you stop skooshing your knickers and wait until we actually finish building the squad?

He will get at least one midfielder in. Then maybe give the team a chance ffs.

I'm not clairvoyant just going by the previous record of our Manager.

Be interesting to see how we fare then against Aberdeen away, Ross County at home and Celtic away. How many points do you think we will get from those games?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Levein constantly mentions a DM but doesn't seem to want to replace Djoum or Lee. 

I guess he's happy with Clare, Irving and Cochrane.

Time will tell. 

25 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

All 3 goalkeepers we have faced in the League Cup have had brilliant games. To try and somehow put that down to our strikers is utterly laughable. If it weren't for these performances, we'd be in double figure goal difference.

Let's be honest those keepers are not going to be as good as the keepers that we face week in, week out in the league. So we can speculate all we want about if this happened or that happened we'd have won by this many goals. Bottom line is we have struggled to score goals against much lesser teams than we will face regularly and have conceded at home first in both games. Yes we rescued points but it won't be so easy if we go behind against tougher opposition. These league cup games while having so semblance of pre season should have been an opportunity for our strikers to grab some goals and get some much needed confidenc3 before our league campaign starts. As it is it looks like the strikers are going to head into our first game with very low confidence. It doesn't bode well at all, considering we have a tricky period to begin the season. If we are unable to break down part timers at home then something needs to change whether it's the players or the management. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It has happened or almost happened a lot. It's criminal. We noticed it last season. And why oh why is Bozanic anywhere near a set piece, his crossing is woeful. Our defence is fine, the problems are with the centre mid. No tempo or style or creation. It's like lessons are never learned

It's criminal getting caught on the counter..... You ever watched a game of football. 

Regarding the midfield, I agree but he has stated we will get at least 1 midfielder in, so..... 

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It's criminal getting caught on the counter..... You ever watched a game of football. 

Regarding the midfield, I agree but he has stated we will get at least 1 midfielder in, so..... 

It's criminal for it to keep happening. A free kick to us is just as dangerous against us at times.

Even allowing for great saves and bad luck, it’s now been 3 games against lower league opposition and none of our strikers have scored.

If Naismith breaks down again this season it will be a real struggle.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It's criminal for it to keep happening. A free kick to us is just as dangerous against us at times.

There is an element of true in there, I felt that last season, I will wait until further in before passing judgment. 

Stenny were always going to play that way, plus sum. 

Going ahead a bit early would help this as well. 

Also, my name sake is far better than Bozanic at set pieces. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

If Halkett doesn’t start then Levein has lost it. Time for a big decision....

What the **** does that even mean? 

I’m assuming the poster means Levein has to decide whether to carry on 4-4-2 and leave Berra out or switch to 3 at the back to accommodate him 

GorgieRules22

Fairly simple, if Berra replaces Halkett then Leveins lost it.....I’m not sure how you can’t work that out ?

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He's hardly going to throw them under the bus is he?

Naw, not like he did to David Vanecek 

19 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Be interesting to see how we fare then against Aberdeen away, Ross County at home and Celtic away. How many points do you think we will get from those games?

Davy, do you never take a day off?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

I agree, though I hope that all this waiting for the right one is a sign that the homework is being done thoroughly.  Last night really showed up the lack of an incisive cutting edge from midfield.  Hopefully we won’t have long to wait now.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Yep.

He also needs to sign a striker that can score goals.

in our three competitive games so far it’s been down to two teenagers and centre half to get us goals.

McLean, Washington, Uche, Keena and Wighton will be lucky to get 20-25 goals between them.

A big part of the problem and it has been for a while, we are not moving the ball quickly enough through midfield.

This allows opposition defences to get set, and instead of clear sightings at goal, we are being forced to snatch at things.

30 attempts last night, I would say 20 of those were speculative. Move the ball quicker, the strikers will get clearer sightings

18 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Fairly simple, if Berra replaces Halkett then Leveins lost it.....I’m not sure how you can’t work that out ?

It wouldn't surprise me if Berra replaced Halkett or Souttar on Saturday.  All 3 are capable defenders (even if CB is slowing down a bit) and squad rotation at this stage of the season strikes a balance between keeping players as fresh as possible and still allowing game time.

Last night has just proven that we're not good enough in front of goal. 29 or something shots on goal and only 6 on target? I mean come on... That's poor by any standards but for a team like Hearts playing against a part time team a couple of leagues below?? Horrendous! 

Halkett was excellent last season at Livvy, already looks like he will be excellent for us as well (barring injury) he has improved our quality at the back & also looks like he can get us a goal when we desperately need it. We just need to find a midfielder with his attributes.

heartmussel
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

It’s a funny old game🤷‍♂️How many would Rangers,Hibs or Kilmarnock get with these opening fixtures.Lets at least give us first round of matches before judging.

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

If Halkett doesn’t start then Levein has lost it. Time for a big decision....

He will go with three at the back against Aberdeen with two wing backs which effectively is a back five when they have the ball so Halkett will play.

Just now, heartmussel said:

It’s a funny old game🤷‍♂️How many would Rangers,Hibs or Kilmarnock get with these opening fixtures.Lets at least give us first round of matches before judging.

Who's judging I was asking for a prediction?

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Can we get this thread back on topic? There's plenty others to discuss Levein, tactics, last night etc.

Quite right.  The same old slavering about CL, tactics and team formations on every bloody thread.

heartmussel
Just now, wavydavy said:

Who's judging I was asking for a prediction?

Never said YOU were judging but I will go for 4

Just now, heartmussel said:

Never said YOU were judging but I will go for 4

I was thinking the same although would not really be surprised if it were less.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Quite right.  The same old slavering about CL, tactics and team formations on every bloody thread.

Maybe if we had some action on the transfer front or even some more rumours we could get back on topic Al.

heartmussel
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I was thinking the same although would not really be surprised if it were less.

👍

Howdy Doody Jambo

So we still need a natural finisher and centre midfielder and maybe a keeper with maybe 2 or 3 to be loaned out 

Stll over a month until the window closes but get the feeling CL is pussy footing about 

hmfc_liam06
17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe if we had some action on the transfer front or even some more rumours we could get back on topic Al.

There's plenty other threads on the exact subjects you're discussing. The thread has been derailed enough.

So I guess the ‘expecting news on Wednesday’ thing was rubbish then?

TBH, if we would only announce one meaty signing in midfield, someone with presence and authority who can play the general role, it would make all the difference. And we’ve surely offloaded

enough players to make their salary affordable. Come on Hearts, make it happen.

Jamboscanbevicius
11 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

So we still need a natural finisher and centre midfielder and maybe a keeper with maybe 2 or 3 to be loaned out  

Stll over a month until the window closes but get the feeling CL is pussy footing about 

Seems pretty clear we're not looking at a GK. Bobby is fairly solid and Doyle (whilst I wouldn't want him as no 1) is experienced backup.

Centre of the park is THE priority. We need some real quality in there. Not a project or punt type signing, but someone that improves the starting 11. Not that easy to come by, I guess hence it not being quick. Really hope we get this one right.

I think a finisher seems unlikely. Appears we didn't pursue Shankland or Cummings, so can't see a change of direction on this. Washington is a big signing for us and I firmly believe he will add the quality we need. Hopefully with Naismith coming back, and Uche regaining form we will look better up top soon.

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

So I guess the ‘expecting news on Wednesday’ thing was rubbish then?

TBH, if we would only announce one meaty signing in midfield, someone with presence and authority who can play the general role, it would make all the difference. And we’ve surely offloaded

enough players to make their salary affordable. Come on Hearts, make it happen.

Dont worry John Murray is on the case scouring his Hotmail inbox for the midfield dynamo we are all waiting on. 

49 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Don't think we are pussy footing .

Pretty sure we are trying extremely hard to get the right man . Think , quite probably , the Adam rumour had some substance , we have had 4 guys in but they weren't right etc .

Not easy but have a feeling we'll get a good one (or two?)

55 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That's no excuse to keep posting the same tired old garbage on every thread.  Who do you want us to  sign?

43 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There's plenty other threads on the exact subjects you're discussing. The thread has been derailed enough.

Ok you take the lead and get it back on track.

...a bit disco

Craig Wighton on his way?

Vague rumours circulating.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We keep hitting our shots straight at them, or ballooning them over the bar. Our finishing has been woeful.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

That's no excuse to keep posting the same tired old garbage on every thread.  Who do you want us to  sign?

You talk about me coming out with the same old garbage so do you.

CL and his scouting team and links to agents will know who is available that's not my job, I don't know who that might be.

I just know that if we start the league campaign with Clare and Bozanic in central midfield then I think we will struggle. There must be better than them out there within our price bracket.

Anyway some of your pals are getting on to me about not keeping the thread on track so maybe you could assist getting it back on track.

Tynecastle Valhalla
4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I just don’t see anything special there I’m afraid. Hope he proves me wrong as seems like a nice lad and we paid money for him.

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

What have you heard? Loaned out?

...a bit disco
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

What have you heard? Loaned out?

Nothing concrete I'm afraid. Probably nothing in it but you never know.

12 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Currently injured so I cant see it.

...a bit disco
Just now, 8skacel8 said:

Currently injured so I cant see it.

Probably right.

Just can't bring myself to ignore a rumour though.

:biggrin:

14 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

This guy is no more of a footballer than the Oriam tea lady. Embarrassing we paid money for him and at a time he was injured. A dreadful dreadful footballer