Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

My point is valid. They're both the same, one green , one orange. You're biased to the latter. That's why you're not offended.

I'll stick to watching Hearts, a Scottish club. But I'll leave ma Saltire and politics in the hoose.

I agree entirely with the latter part of that statement and despise sectarianism.  I also don't want Lafferty back at Hearts as I believe he shafted us after being given so much support.  But to call him orange is harsh in the extreme, I think he has distanced himself from that his whole career, I also believe his closest friends is Darren O,Dea, hardly a rabid hun

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

35 minutes ago, lou said:

I agree entirely with the latter part of that statement and despise sectarianism.  I also don't want Lafferty back at Hearts as I believe he shafted us after being given so much support.  But to call him orange is harsh in the extreme, I think he has distanced himself from that his whole career, I also believe his closest friends is Darren O,Dea, hardly a rabid hun

Yeah is he not inlaws with O'Dea or something? 

Regardless, I think signing Lafferty did bring some cretins out of the woodwork, but I think thats irrelevant in assessing whether or not he's worth the risk. He's in his last spell at the huns, they're his club and on some level he's 'living the dream'. Will his motivation still be there come the end of his time at the huns? I dunno. I'd like to believe theres professional pride but unless he's settled in Scotland the wages we'd need to offer would have to be significant (as would contract length). Is that a risk worth taking?

portobellojambo1
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

My point is valid. They're both the same, one green , one orange. You're biased to the latter. That's why you're not offended.

I'll stick to watching Hearts, a Scottish club. But I'll leave ma Saltire and politics in the hoose.

I'm guessing that in the house you have access to the internet and therefore Google or another search engine. Have a look at the women who he, Kyle Lafferty, has been romantically involved with. I think you might be surprised to discover just how many of them are what you refer to as green, as a starting point and very few if any fit into the bracket you have placed him.

Edited by portobellojambo1

8 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tbf, you're lucky because apparently it's all about the base. 

Yes, the buttery biscuit base is fundamental. 

Radio Clyde suggesting Lee Wallace has been shown the door by SevCo and suggesting we’d be a good fit for his next move. 

While we probably need a striker more than a defender I’d still probably prefer Trigger to Kyle coming back. 

9 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He's 5 foot 8 so can easily vault a gate

Now a deal-breaker for any Steve Bruce signing that.

I hope it doesn't pan out that we end up with 2 or 3 rejects from ibrox and hibs do likewise with Celtic.  That tends to enforce the sectarian stereotypes.  It also makes us look like poor cousins.

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm guessing that in the house you have access to the internet and therefore Google or another search engine. Have a look at the women who he, Kyle Lafferty, has been romantically involved with. I think you might be surprised to discover just how many of them are what you refer to as green, as a starting point and very few if any fit into the bracket you have placed him.

I know a fair number of Rangers' guys over here and the disproportionate number who are hooked up with Catholic partners is more than "surprising". Good guys in the main but many still carry the old "traditions", still,  it would seem their "beliefs" only carry as far as when it comes to fitba.

I suppose that's a positive. :whistling:

21 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Never heard that one SJ

Ive said before I just don’t get the whole sectarian thing, possibly because it doesn’t really exist in Wales where I grew up but that particular song always just seemed to be a chuckle to me

I’m sure it only came out at the start of pre season. Had gathered great speed by the time the league cup campaign arrived and was a firm favourite in the pubs before we played Dunfermline away. Was a great catchy tune, sung to the tune of Ebola Gay, with good lyrics, namely ‘his hair is fine, he scores belters all the time’ 

However it upset quite a number of fellow jambos due to the second last line that was incredibly cringe worthy. Was sung at mostly away games than home games so not a lot of people were familiar with it. Song was buried before it really took off with KL’s departure to the orcs. 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

• 4 weeks later...
Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:
Toronto FC interested in him. 

Would have thought that was a step down for him!

Its a strange one - he'll have been over the moon to sign for his heroes...I wonder if he regrets it

Anything to the rumours he was interested in returning to us?

gashauskis9
17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:
Toronto FC interested in him. 

The maple leaf looks close enough to a hand.  He’ll feel at home.

14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The maple leaf looks close enough to a hand.  He’ll feel at home.

:lol: 

@Maple Leaf won’t be happy mind!

23 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Would have thought that was a step down for him!

Its a strange one - he'll have been over the moon to sign for his heroes...I wonder if he regrets it

Anything to the rumours he was interested in returning to us?

All I remember was that he wanted to finish his career with Hearts, he loved the club for what they had done for him and it did unsettle him. It was the pull of the team that he supported that ended his time with us. I believe that if it hadn't been them then he would've stayed as he didn't want to play for anyone else, happy where he was.

29 minutes ago, jambonian said:

All I remember was that he wanted to finish his career with Hearts, he loved the club for what they had done for him and it did unsettle him. It was the pull of the team that he supported that ended his time with us. I believe that if it hadn't been them then he would've stayed as he didn't want to play for anyone else, happy where he was.

Doesn’t mean we were happy though. Lot went on off field that will never be public and for that reason Im sure he was delighted being at us but it may also preclude a return for him as doubtful Levein or Budge would put ourselves through it again 

highlandjambo3
31 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Bed made, lie in it springs to mind..... which it had been different.  Wouldn’t take him back.

Edited by highlandjambo3
“Wish” that should read

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Doesn’t mean we were happy though. Lot went on off field that will never be public and for that reason Im sure he was delighted being at us but it may also preclude a return for him as doubtful Levein or Budge would put ourselves through it again 

9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Bed made, lie in it springs to mind..... which it had been different.  Wouldn’t take him back.

I'm not saying i'd want him back either, just remembering things he himself said at the time. I believe we should move on, thanks for the goals Kyle and all that but you made your choice. Ultimately Levein and Budge will do what they think is right if they actually were interested in him again, we don't have any say overall.

kennyjambo1974

Yip would take him .He is a bit of an arse but imagine if we had him in cup final against the tic He loves scoring against them and he worries them .Has a great finish. 1year contract only and any crap send him on way .

On 30/04/2019 at 22:04, gjcc said:

Yes, the buttery biscuit base is fundamental. 

images-3.jpeg

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he will be digging out his flute to welcome lafferty

I hope the colours he is wearing are fine.

I'd take him back tbh. Better than what we have, likely better than what we'll get. 

Does he still have the drive now he'll probably never play for the hun again?

He's an arsehole, but we already knew that. I just would rather he was our arsehole.

Wouldn't pay a penny for him though, huns would need to cut loose. Odds of that happening? Unlikely, will probably be out on load to get him off the wage bill. 

Kyle was good for us but think he was Trying hard for a move to his beloved sevco and its not worked out for him 

I think the prospect of him returning depends on two things.  First and most important, does he want to.  Secondly, if he does, Hearts interest would be based on how they rated him first time around.  My recollection is that not only did he score goals and play well but that he was a major influence on the training field and in the dressing room.

He acknowledged that Hearts supported him brilliantly over personal issues and Hearts were great for him.

My take is that he will be coming back.  We cant score goals.  He can.  Him and SN facing Hibernian would fill me with confidence.

No idea why he failed at ibrox but he did and that could be great for us.

TyphoonJambo

My understanding is that him and SN are not exactly "best buddies". Cant see us upsetting Naisy. 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

My understanding is that him and SN are not exactly "best buddies". Cant see us upsetting Naisy. 

I wouldn't claim to know, but they certainly seem like polar opposites.

22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think the prospect of him returning depends on two things.  First and most important, does he want to.  Secondly, if he does, Hearts interest would be based on how they rated him first time around.  My recollection is that not only did he score goals and play well but that he was a major influence on the training field and in the dressing room.

He acknowledged that Hearts supported him brilliantly over personal issues and Hearts were great for him.

My take is that he will be coming back.  We cant score goals.  He can.  Him and SN facing Hibernian would fill me with confidence.

A few good points, Doug.

However, are you remembering his shocking lack of respect to Hearts on his return to Tynecastle, as a Rangers player?

Just now, Morgan said:

A few good points, Doug.

However, are you remembering his shocking lack of respect to Hearts on his return to Tynecastle, as a Rangers player?

I had forgotten that.  Happy to forgive though.  Perhaps he just gets caught up in that Rangers thing.  Wonder if he still loves them.

The issue with Lafferty is I don’t think Naismith likes him much, he certainly doesn’t respect him for his career to date.

Naismith is the main man and if he’s not keen I can’t see him returning.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Makes sense. 

If he comes back I'll be happy. 

If he doesn't, I'll not be fussed. 

He is a big game player, or was for us. 

He is also a bit of a fudd, but tbh, we could do with a few more fudds, it's football not chess club and a couple of annoying, daft picks isn't a bad thing. 

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

he will be digging out his flute to welcome lafferty

If I see Lafferty in Toronto I'll tell him to go talk to CL before making any decision. Mrs. Lafferty is welcome to stay. :wink:

28 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If I see Lafferty in Toronto I'll tell him to go talk to CL before making any decision. Mrs. Lafferty is welcome to stay. :wink:

Sexist comment imo. :winkiss:

Who should I report you to?  :whistling:

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, j1964m said:

Kyle was good for us but think he was Trying hard for a move to his beloved sevco and its not worked out for him 

Theres little loyalty to most football clubs nowadays , but if Kyle coming back to hearts can improve our goalscoring and league placings, to top four ,I'd take him back " he will score goals and he and uche with naisy aside them, could be a tasty prospect ?

13 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Theres little loyalty to most football clubs nowadays , but if Kyle coming back to hearts can improve our goalscoring and league placings, to top four ,I'd take him back " he will score goals and he and uche with naisy aside them, could be a tasty prospect ?

I agree. 

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

I agree with u but if he came back will be happy he loved a goal against the celtic

Maple Leaf

I don't know if Lafferty is the answer, but something has to be done about that abysmal GD in the League last year.

Lafferty would be worth a shot, imo.

Who are those people even thinking about Lafferty ?...madness

We made a very good deal lets not spoil it by bringing back someone who would only upset the squad once again

He made his choice, we made the deal and now his time is over

This constant need by some to bring back the past time and time again never mind the baggage he would bring with him is just a sign of the desperation some are showing.

He's gone, forget him and move on

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Who are those people even thinking about Lafferty ?...madness

We made a very good deal lets not spoil it by bringing back someone who would only upset the squad once again

He made his choice, we made the deal and now his time is over

This constant need by some to bring back the past time and time again never mind the baggage he would bring with him is just a sign of the desperation some are showing.

He's gone, forget him and move on

I know what you mean about bringing back former players, but it's not always a bad idea.  Berra and Robbo worked out well for us, for example.

Lafferty is a complex person, maybe even a problem character, but he did score 19 goals for us in a year, and nobody since then has come close to that.  And a look at our GD from last season makes it clear we need to be scoring more.

Personally, I wouldn't be too quick to reject the idea of a return.  It's worth considering, imo. 

The guys is a dick. The club basically confirmed he was a dick. Levein basically confirmed he was a dick. Naismith wasn’t exactly complimentary.

Let him rot in his own orange piss.

The last thing we need next season is a high maintenance player who may or may not have motivation to play for anything anymore 

Naismith - fit all season - will get us 20 goals.

Uche - fit all season - will get us at least 15 maybe more if he continues his development.

He was over the last few seasons the most prolific scorer we had, if  the gaffer figures he can still do it then I would have him back in a minute. Definitely a big game player.

Jambotommy
7 hours ago, Morgan said:

Sexist comment imo. :winkiss:

Who should I report you to?  :whistling:

SNP Helpline...? 

Bridge of Djoum

Yes we need goals, but if we hang our hat on KL as our main goal threat and he has his head turned by another club and easy/bigger money, he will be off like a shot. 

I'd take him as a last resort. 

Oh, and he's a rat **** as well. With issues. 

Can people just work out how many goals Naismith and Uche would have scored all season if not injured please.

Like Lafferty wasn’t injured when he was here.

Team players versus a self-centred arsehole.

Edited by Jammy T