• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

You don't have to like someone to appreciate their quality. 

He is a proven prolific goal scorer for Hearts who brought victory in significant matches.

Could he replicate that? Dunno, but ruling him out on basis of his Rangers background is immature. 

Wanted by the same Cypriot team that want Djoum.

Wouldn't want Lafferty back to be honest.

8 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I know what you mean about bringing back former players, but it's not always a bad idea.  Berra and Robbo worked out well for us, for example.

Lafferty is a complex person, maybe even a problem character, but he did score 19 goals for us in a year, and nobody since then has come close to that.  And a look at our GD from last season makes it clear we need to be scoring more.

Personally, I wouldn't be too quick to reject the idea of a return.  It's worth considering, imo. 

Naismith scored 14 and he missed November, December, March, April and May. If he'd managed to fit in that missing 5 months of football I can guarantee he'd have been on about 25 by now

Wish people would stop quoting this 19 goals figure. Makes him sound much more prolific than his 12 league goals. As a team, we scored more league goals this year than the year before with him in the team. It's about value to the team, including link up and assists, not just who scores the goals. There is no indication that we will score more goals with him in the team, simply that he will get a decent proportion of those scored because of the type of player he is (ie goals and not much else).

And still an arsehole who won't celebrate if he scores a 94th minute winner at Tynecastle against Newco. No thanks.

Edited by Arnaud

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

No thanks.

He's a vile Rangers supporting prick. 

Shame you're so bitter and twisted that you can't rise above all that nonsense and accept that he was a great goalscorer for Hearts and we've missed his goals terribly. 

Forever Hearts
35 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Wish people would stop quoting this 19 goals figure. Makes him sound much more prolific than his 12 league goals. As a team, we scored more league goals this year than the year before with him in the team. It's about value to the team, including link up and assists, not just who scores the goals. There is no indication that we will score more goals with him in the team, simply that he will get a decent proportion of those scored because of the type of player he is (ie goals and not much else).

And still an arsehole who won't celebrate if he scores a 94th minute winner at Tynecastle against Newco. No thanks.

Too right, mate. Give me a Connor Sammon any day over a striker who scores goals. 

TyphoonJambo

i think the ghosts in his closet could prove to much of an issue for a second tie. Unless of course, as is extremely possible, all the rumors of his relapses are bolloxs! I also think there could still be some issues between him and Naisy. That also could be internet fake news, who knows? Personally, as a goal scorer alone I would love to see him with us again. Craig and the tea will know a lot ore than us. If he does return then it would indicate all the rumors are indeed crap. 

He scored a lot of goals, but I wasn’t ever convinced he was a team player. Despite his goals we were not good in the final third last season as well. I would prefer we improve midfield creativity and up front with others, rather than bringing lafferty back

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Too right, mate. Give me a Connor Sammon any day over a striker who scores goals. 

Didn't realise it was a direct choice between one or the other. Point remains, we want to sign players who will help the TEAM to score the most goals, which is not necessarily the one that scores most himself. Again, we scored more league goals this season than we did last, even with Lafferty's huge 12 goal haul.

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Didn't realise it was a direct choice between one or the other. Point remains, we want to sign players who will help the TEAM to score the most goals, which is not necessarily the one that scores most himself. Again, we scored more league goals this season than we did last, even with Lafferty's huge 12 goal haul.

Do cup goals not count? Seeing as we only have a chance of winning a cup competition maybe they should. And comparing the last two abysmal seasons is like comparing sickness and shite. Not much in it. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do cup goals not count? Seeing as we only have a chance of winning a cup competition maybe they should. And comparing the last two abysmal seasons is like comparing sickness and shite. Not much in it. 

Ah yes, his irreplaceable cup goals. We were lucky enough to almost make it out of the League Cup group stage and got to a Scottish Cup quarter final. If only we could have done that well this season without him.

Forever Hearts
33 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Ah yes, his irreplaceable cup goals. We were lucky enough to almost make it out of the League Cup group stage and got to a Scottish Cup quarter final. If only we could have done that well this season without him.

We played diddies this year apart from Celtic twice. 

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Shame you're so bitter and twisted that you can't rise above all that nonsense and accept that he was a great goalscorer for Hearts and we've missed his goals terribly. 

Real shame he can't rise above all that nonsense either. 

11 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I know what you mean about bringing back former players, but it's not always a bad idea.  Berra and Robbo worked out well for us, for example. 

John Robertson and Christophe Berra are completely different characters - and players - to Kyle Lafferty.

King prawn

Lafferty is a complete roaster but we could have done with him last season with the injuries we sustained - shame he will always have that love in for Rangers and I wouldn’t want him back again. 

Forever Hearts
24 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Real shame he can't rise above all that nonsense either. 

I couldn't care less as long as he's doing the business for Hearts. You carry on pant wetting though. 

Wighton, Maclean and Vanecek are not going to cut it this year. On that basis, I would probably take Lafferty for a year or so but would rather we looked elsewhere for an alternative.

julienbrellier

I want him back, scored in just about all the big games. Him and Ikpeazu with Naismith behind would be unstoppable

I'd take him back. Makes a difference, particularly in the bigger games but if we can get another player who can do the same fair enough.

I don't think he would take the wage cut if he was given the opportunity to come back he likes the big money and lavish lifestyle the team a Cyprus if its true will probably be able to match his sevco salary more than we will

3 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Would be delighted if Lafferty comes back to us this summer.

Having laugherty back is like going back out with your ex. A lot of fun but you get all the baggage back too and perhaps more. Do we really want that? 

6 hours ago, Sarah O said:

No thanks.

He's a vile Rangers supporting prick. 

Seems a reasonable summation to me

Cruyff Turn

I hate Lafferty more than Naisy, Berra and Levein put together.

The boys a hun prick and a bad apple. 

upgotheheads
19 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He's obviously a bit of a twat in various ways but he still has the quality that we could use. If he's a disruptive influence in other ways then I wouldn't want him back at the club, especially with some excellent youngsters about

Robbo-Jambo
24 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Why do you hate the 3 in your first sentence. 

Robbo-Jambo
55 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Naismith hates him and Levein isn’t a fan either.

Correct. Naismith thinks he is a complete arse hole. 

5 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Naismith scored 14 and he missed November, December, March, April and May. If he'd managed to fit in that missing 5 months of football I can guarantee he'd have been on about 25 by now

And I’m convinced  he wasn’t fully fit in January and February either. 

3 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

He scored a lot of goals, but I wasn’t ever convinced he was a team player. Despite his goals we were not good in the final third last season as well. I would prefer we improve midfield creativity and up front with others, rather than bringing lafferty back

19 goals 0 assists suggest a lack of teamwork. Suggests a very greedy, self-centred type. 

There’s only one reason why media, Glasgow based, are suggesting that he comes back to us and that’s to save their beloved club the circa £450k they are still due us. Question - who on here would pay £450k to buy Lafferty? If he comes back that’s effectively what we are doing. The money could be much better spent imo

Edited by soonbe110

Byyy The Light

Lafferty is a prize bellend.

12 league goals not worth all the baggage and wages that come with it. Refused to celebrate scoring against Rangers at Murrayfield and went way over the top after Rangers beat us at Tynecastle. He’s a rat. 

Big no from me. 

Thought Police
48 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You must hate Naisy, Berra and Levein quite a lot then

The Old Tolbooth
12 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The guys is a dick. The club basically confirmed he was a dick. Levein basically confirmed he was a dick. Naismith wasn’t exactly complimentary.

Let him rot in his own orange piss.

Absolutely agree with this 100%! 

John Findlay

Kyle Lafferty couldn't get in the Sevco team ahead of the pensioner Defoe who wasn't brought in until the January window. Tells you what Gerrard thought of him.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Kyle Lafferty couldn't get in the Sevco team ahead of the pensioner Defoe who wasn't brought in until the January window. Tells you what Gerrard thought of him.

That pensioner did ok and put the ball in our net a few times. I wish Hearts had pensioners like that. 

No club will again get out of KL what we did last season. He was motivated purely to get his move that would inflate his bank balance. Not a particularly good team player, attitude questionable and a bit of an arsehole truth be told.

It worked out well for all concerned last season but it would be a massive mistake taking him back.

Not that it’ll happen with CL at the club thankfully and KL will take some shifting off his big salary at Ibrox.

Move on. We can find new heroes.

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

We played diddies this year apart from Celtic twice. 

Unlike the footballing powerhouses of Elgin, East Fife and Peterhead against whom Lafferty got 4 of his goals ?

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Unlike the footballing powerhouses of Elgin, East Fife and Peterhead against whom Lafferty got 4 of his goals ?

And his goals against Celtic and the rest? 

33 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I don’t think there was ever much chance of Lafferty getting a game at Ibrox. Rangers just wanted him so that we didn’t have him.

50 minutes ago, Whatever said:

No club will again get out of KL what we did last season. He was motivated purely to get his move that would inflate his bank balance. Not a particularly good team player, attitude questionable and a bit of an arsehole truth be told.

It worked out well for all concerned last season but it would be a massive mistake taking him back.

Not that it’ll happen with CL at the club thankfully and KL will take some shifting off his big salary at Ibrox.

Move on. We can find new heroes.

It is going well with Wighton/MacLean & Vanecek banging the goals in isn't it..

Lafferty was a proven SPFL goal scorer and people are more concerned that he supports Rangers rather than his ability to put the ball in the back of the net.

Bring him back Craig!

King Of The Cat Cafe
41 minutes ago, buzz said:

I don’t think there was ever much chance of Lafferty getting a game at Ibrox. Rangers just wanted ....... so that we didn’t have him.

Fill in the blank with other names who have made the same move.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Having laugherty back is like going back out with your ex. A lot of fun but you get all the baggage back too and perhaps more. Do we really want that? 

If he was going to score 20 goals next season (as he did in his first season with us) then yes it would be worth the risk.

We could could do with some fun back at Tynecastle after the dross we have had to put up with for the last 7 months.